• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Top 10 of the Most Voted in the Individual Poll:

1. King K. Rool: 795
Yes: 507
No: 234
Indifferent: 54

2. Shantae: 609
Yes: 397
No: 170
Indifferent: 42

3. Wolf: 600
Yes: 490
No: 58
Indifferent: 52

4. Krystal: 501
Yes: 226
No: 214
Indifferent: 61

5. Bandanna Dee: 500
Yes: 285
No: 129
Indifferent: 86

6. Isaac: 467
Yes: 348
No: 55
Indifferent: 64

7. Daisy: 460
Yes: 270
No: 163
Indifferent: 27

8. Shovel Knight: 434
Yes: 181
No: 189

9. Banjo & Kazooie: 424
Yes: 256
No: 120
Indifferent: 48

10. Balloon Fighter: 411
Yes: 120
No: 175
Indifferent: 116
Pretty nice.

I knew I didn't vote for Geno enough.

D

Deleted member

Welcome to my world. I've been playing games for a better part of my life and I still suck at most competitive ones.
Though I'm told I'm ungodly good at platformers and rougelikes so maybe that makes up for it?

Alright I'm gonna need some context on this.
Been playing games since the beginning of Earth and I suck at competitive everything. Not interested anyway but that might change one day.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Thank you alot!:bee:
My English is not perfect but i try my best when i write thing like this. So yeah.^_^' Also, this music is the reason why i wanted to write this dialogue in particular.
Anyway, i'm glad you liked those dialogue!:)
Your quite welcome! ^_^
Sorry for the late reply, I was doing community service. I was painting. :awesome:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Hahey! Interesting to look at this and see that neither of the characters I support are in the top 10.
I have to admit King K. Rool would be pretty sweet, though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Your quite welcome! ^_^
Sorry for the late reply, I was doing community service. I was painting. :awesome:
We have all life. So don't worry for that, see that you answer me is all that count. :)
Anyway, i am going to change my avi to Alice. It's been pretty long since i used Alice as my avatar.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

it was kinda expected to not see Paper Mario as most voted because he's used to not get much attention :(

What wasn't is there was much more yes than indifferent and no.....

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
it was kinda expected to not see Paper Mario as most voted because he's used to not get much attention :(

What wasn't is there was much more yes than indifferent and no.....
I was thinking that Paper Mario would make in top 15 or such. I known that isn't popular as other but he is still popular on his own. In my opinion of course.:mario2:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I was thinking that Paper Mario would make in top 15 or such. I known that isn't popular as other but he is still popular on his own. In my opinion of course.:mario2:
actually, he;s seriously undeerrated.

He is on top 10 easily. Even on JP poll, even on the data attempt push did recently, top 10.

but HERE, he is so underrated.

Like what you have to get is SB usually have a what i would consider weird repping logic so what happens is characters like paper mario gets underrated while he should actually have much more attention, and if you google to search support stuff, you would see a ton, but scattered.

This is why you don;t hear it much often in discussion, he's like silently wanted if you want.

D

Deleted member

Been playing games since the beginning of Earth and I suck at competitive everything. Not interested anyway but that might change one day.
Well I don't really suck at everything competitive. I like to consider myself at least decent at a few of them I consistently play (Smash included, even though the last time I played consistently was when :4ryu: came out. Should probably change that), but that's only because I've actually invested enough time into them to just get good naturally.
You could throw me into almost any other remotely competitive game and 9 times out of 10 I would get my ass whooped as long as whoever I'm against isn't like me and is a skill level above "brain-dead goldfish".

Last edited by a moderator:

ATS Alex

The Laziest of Lazybutts
NNID
AlexTheShinigami
I've actually invested enough time into them to just get good naturally.
That's actually how I got good at smash. I won't call myself a god or anything, I've just been playing the series since I just learned how to walk. I've played every game so much, and so long, that I can beat some fresh people with "tech" whenever I hardly know much.

T

Trick or Treat

They may aspire however they please.

But you're mistaking my position with your question about judgement. What I am saying is that the natural law ought have moral supremacy over the positive law, therefore, say, shop owners are entirely justified in discriminating to whom they deny service.
Further, you talk about judging on 'actual capabilities' and 'willingness to progress', and while I agree these are important things which can be determined in a very fuzzy, qualitative, and unsure sense, people have the natural right to deny them and judge how they please.

Now, I do agree that men and women should be regarded as absolutely equal before the human institutions of positive law such as the state, but not in the way you may think. As Hayek said, "There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."

If we look at Scandinavia, you'll find a rare moment of praise from me, because they treat people equally before the state, but do not attempt to make them equal, at least these things moreso than the vast majority of other states. The people pursue their ambitions, and the results are somewhat stunning:

Please don't mind the title. The uploader obviously has an agenda.

I recommend checking out the earlier part of the video too.
Now I remembered why I don't get into discussions like this.

And why I don't come here anymore. >.>

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

No rest here! We are not all like this i swear. : ( (Also hi. :) )

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You should check his poll to see how he is fairing.
already check i think yesterday or 2 days ago, not much changed.

There is more people that voted no AND indifferent than those who voted tes, but what was unexpected is this poll was mainly shared on SB and he had much more yes than no.

I different was quite unsurprising, I actually hear a lot of argument for the no side where I would better qualify the people that says them as neutral. Because usually, if you do the redundancy claim, usually it would mean that you don;t know much of the series, it's really rare that someone would say he is redundant and know the character and game well. The only one I saw are even worse claims like insisting on not wanting another mario and ONLY that while in the end, not feeling like mario would solve this complain.

So, in that sense, you could consider he is more indifferent, but for good reasons. I mean it is quite a balanced case, huge moveset potential, but it adds a mario rep which may worry Sakurai. To me however, his popularity is what makes this such a good compromise, I would honestly say that if he wasn't this much popular, he would get hit pretty hard by the con of being a mario rep.

But usually6, on SB, he is either a won;t talk or a "why we need another mario?".

The only thing this polls indicates me is how underrated he is, I honestly expected to have no win by a lot.....

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

I know it's not just you...
But I don't understand.
Why don't people like a little discussion about hard things?

T

Trick or Treat

But I don't understand.
It isn't that I don't like discussions. And it isnt that they are hard things either.

That isn't the reason.

But that is all I'm going to say and it's for the best to keep it that way. I'm not going to try to change or stop you from doing anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
But I don't understand.
Many people prefer not to talk about this because it often leads to flame wars...

D

Deleted member

Well I don't really suck at everything competitive. I like to consider myself at least decent at a few of them I consistently play (Smash included, even though the last time I played consistently was when :4ryu: came out. Should probably change that), but that's only because I've actually invested enough time into them to just get good naturally.
You could throw me into almost any other remotely competitive game and 9 times out of 10 I would get my *** whooped as long as whoever I'm against isn't like me and is a skill level above "brain-dead goldfish".
I guess I'm somewhere between a "casual" and a "competitive player". Learned a bit from Melee's advanced techniques and applied them to Smash 4 except for stuff such as wavedashing and all that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hi, fellow Social Thread residents.

Have I missed anything important?
Not really, i have finish MMZ3 today and i found a good gender bender.:4ludwig: But for this thread. Nothing really.:4gaw: (Also i have write a dialogue between two of my OC.)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm more into anime nowadays than video games anyway, so I don't care a lot about being good.

I'd say my skill level in Smash is about average.

I can beat newer players with ease, know the ins and outs of most characters, can think up some strategies, but I'm nowhere near the level of competitive players.

I got plenty of above average scores in single-player modes and I can beat Level 9 CPUs often.

That's the joke. Fake static to cover up infamous stories.
Wait, that was meant to be a joke?

Why isn't it funny? Why am I not laughing? Why do you have to explain the joke?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like to be at least decent at whatever I play. Being an expert saddles you with wanting to keep up that level. :p

Okay, I have a question. Which of these images is more freaky?

[collapse=Original]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Redrawn]
[/collapse]

:231:

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I like to be at least decent at whatever I play. Being an expert saddles you with wanting to keep up that level. :p

[collapse=Original]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Redrawn]
[/collapse]

I think the original looks more freaky...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

[collapse=Original]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Redrawn]
[/collapse]

The second in my opinion is more freaky. The first is too chibi for that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

[collapse=Original]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Redrawn]
[/collapse]

The one you labelled "original".

Probably because you and I don't share a similar sense of humor.
Ah, I was under the assumption you had no sense of humor at all. :smirk:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

[collapse=Original]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Redrawn]
[/collapse]

Original. Are you making some sort of game?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

[collapse=Original]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Redrawn]
[/collapse]

Definitely the second one. The first one is just adorable in the same way as Blake Belladonna's recurring pouty face throughout RWBY.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

[collapse=Original]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Redrawn]
[/collapse]

I'd say the original because the proportions make her look weirder.

I dunno if I should play Higurashi.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Original. Are you making some sort of game?
I'm debating whether to play Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni with or without the PS2 patch.

So I decided to base it on which is freakier. :p

I'd say the original because the proportions make her look weirder.

I dunno if I should play Higurashi.
I've already played it once. Nightmares are guaranteed. :skull:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

[collapse=Original]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Redrawn]
[/collapse]

I don't really think either of them are particularly freaky, but the original looks weird as hell so I'll go with that one.

D

Deleted member

I'm more into anime nowadays than video games anyway, so I don't care a lot about being good.

I'd say my skill level in Smash is about average.

I can beat newer players with ease, know the ins and outs of most characters, can think up some strategies, but I'm nowhere near the level of competitive players.

I got plenty of above average scores in single-player modes and I can beat Level 9 CPUs often.
In my case, I've been checking out non-gaming stuff lately (such as technology), so getting good at a video game isn't one of my priorities, and might not help me in the long run. Doesn't mean I'm not into Smash at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom