• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Do not preorder the new Deus Ex game. The "preorder tiers" thing is jumping the shark. This isn't freaking Kickstarter. In fact, even Kickstarter is better than this.
Soon Totalbiscuit...

Soon.

This is the reason why we don't preorder games anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fridays were the best school days. My High School would allowed us at certain times to play the Wii and I always brought a copy of Brawl and Melee.
The reason why I consider 2010 to be the best year of the current decade is because all 365 days felt different. At least, to me. I can't name all the experiences I had, but it was just good.

The years that followed don't come close to it (most notably 2012, which sucked ***).

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Apparently, Wes Craven is now dead too.

For anyone who doesn't know him, he was the director of Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills have Eyes, and Scream.

I remember my Media Studies teacher often brought up his work to help us with our assignments. R.I.P.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

For anyone who doesn't know him, he was the director of Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills have Eyes, and Scream.

I remember my Media Studies teacher often brought up his work to help us with our assignments. R.I.P.
Why is it that when i never know about certain famous people... My first time knowing about them is from their deaths?

It makes me sad. :(

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Why is it that when i never know about certain famous people... My first time knowing about them is from their deaths?

It makes me sad. :(
Well you're fairly young, so I'd be more surprised if you did know him. I only learnt about him during college. All his noteworthy films are a few decades old. His most recent best work, Scream, is almost 20 years old.

T

Trick or Treat

So when can I get another handheld Smash. Having a new one would be wonderful.

inb4 **** handheld smash they got rid of chaingrab the character
I'm not upset that they aren't in Smash 4.

I'm upset that the Wii U version has to lack the Ice Climbers just because the 3DS version can't handle them.

Oh wait. It doesn't have to. There is absolutely no good reason for anyone to have a problem with them being Wii U exclusives.

Of course, being limited due to 8-player battles is another story. But if 8-player battles weren't a thing would they have been considered as Wii U exclusives?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I heard of it. Never cared much for horror movies, but it is still sad to know this.

May he rest in peace.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Tell me, my friends.
Do you believe in coincidence?
Or is there intrinsic purpose to things?

Say, is the natural purpose of an acorn to become an oak tree, or is it merely by chance?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Do not preorder the new Deus Ex game. The "preorder tiers" thing is jumping the shark. This isn't freaking Kickstarter. In fact, even Kickstarter is better than this.
Man, everywhere I go I see tons of "preorders are evil and scams" articles all over due to shady business.

But I still preorder games from Nintendo ALL THE TIME for years. The big reason I continue doing so is that Nintendo has never pulled any bull**** to get the complete package or sold a unfinished game like pretty much ever other publisher loves to do.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I knew the movies but I didn't know that directors name

D

Deleted member

I'm upset that the Wii U version has to lack the Ice Climbers just because the 3DS version can't handle them.

Oh wait. It doesn't have to. There is absolutely no good reason for anyone to have a problem with them being Wii U exclusives.

Of course, being limited due to 8-player battles is another story. But if 8-player battles weren't a thing would they have been considered as Wii U exclusives?
If the Wii U version were to get the Ice Climbers as exclusives, don't you know how many would react against that?

eviljoeybonkers

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eviljoeybonkers
3DS FC
4897-6248-0097
Hey everyone.

Yesterday, I went to a party at my friend's house, and we played Smash for Wii U most of the time with two other friends.

Eventually, my friend got an idea: we would all be on 300% damage and would try to hide from the mom in Gamer as long as we can, and we wouldn't attack each other. I played as Kirby, while my friends played as Ike, Mii Brawler, and Jigglypuff.

Ike died first, and Jigglypuff died second. It was down to me and Mii Brawler. The match went for almost 13 minutes.

Finally, I decided to stab my friend in the back. I swallowed Mii Brawler, and I spit him out into the mom's view, and he died.

I guess that's why I'm called EvilJoey! I don't think I've laughed so hard during a Smash Bros. match.

Soul.

eh, idk. personally i didn't care much about them not appearing. most IC supporters feel their anger because of a handheld. i don't get it.
all they can do is wait for the next Smash game(s), and hope the next handheld is powerful enough to run ICs. either way they would be low tier because rip chaingrabs

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Tell me, my friends.

Say, is the natural purpose of an acorn to become an oak tree, or is it merely by chance?
Well, as far as I can tell, everything in the universe plays out in a way that, in theory, can be predicted, since everything is caused by something else. It's just that the universe is so complex we aren't capable of this yet.

Radioactive decay is considered to be random, but there may be some factor controlling it we are as yet unaware of.

Or radioactive decay is the sole random factor that caused you to choose Coke over Pepsi.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Tell me, my friends.

I mostly don't believe in coincidences, so I tend to believe everything has a reason to happen. Everything is justified somehow, even though we may not know the answer.

If the Wii U version were to get the Ice Climbers as exclusives, don't you know how many would react against that?
No Ice Climbers at all = complaints
Ice Climbers as Wii U exclusives = complaints

The Smash developers can't avoid the fanboys' vitriol.

And I see that @ FalKoopa FalKoopa became a communist dictator once more. The Яed Army grows stronger.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nintendo should just tell those whiny fan boys they should of bought the Wii U version

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

So I take it Scream 5 won't be made now?

'What's your favorite scary movie?'

R.I.P. Wes Craven.

Perhaps, but only if Sakurai had never said the rosters would be the same.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

"If I can't have Ice Climbers then no one should!"

I dislike that way of thinking. As much as I love the Ice Climbers, if I only had the 3DS version I wouldn't want to take them away from the Wii U owners who loved them.

eh, idk. personally i didn't care much about them not appearing. most IC supporters feel their anger because of a handheld. i don't get it.
all they can do is wait for the next Smash game(s), and hope the next handheld is powerful enough to run ICs. either way they would be low tier because rip chaingrabs
My "anger" is toward the idea that the two versions "HAVE TO" have the same exact roster.

One, single version exclusive character due to a technical issue really shouldn't be a big deal.

It would really hurt the 3DS though.

If the Ice Climbers were Wii U exclusive, many people would see the 3DS version that is "the dumbed down handheld version of Smash 4".
I doubt one character difference would make it seem dumbed down. If one character is enough to convince people, then I don't know what to say.

Soul.

If the Ice Climbers were Wii U exclusive, many people would see the 3DS version that is "the dumbed down handheld version of Smash 4".
Wii U elitists are already doing that.
I feel that nobody loves the idea of having Smash do something new for once instead of being in the same ****ing traditional console thing. why must life be so hard for the 3DS version.

eviljoeybonkers

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eviljoeybonkers
3DS FC
4897-6248-0097
Even if the Ice Climbers did make it to Smash 4, I think it would be safe to assume that they would have been overwhelmingly nerfed. Chain grabbing is what made them dominant in Brawl, and because of the removal of chain grabbing, it would really hurt them.

D

Deleted member

I mostly don't believe in coincidences, so I tend to believe everything has a reason to happen. Everything is justified somehow, even though we may not know the answer.

No Ice Climbers at all = complaints
Ice Climbers as Wii U exclusives = complaints

The Smash developers can't avoid the fanboys' vitriol.

And I see that @ FalKoopa FalKoopa became a communist dictator once more. The Яed Army grows stronger.
I'd just throw them into the Recycle Bin (no ICs for both games) and get them back for the next one, depending if Smash 5 has a handheld version and if the handheld is powerful enough to run them.

Case closed. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Tell me, my friends.

Coincidences are absolutely real.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I dislike that way of thinking. As much as I love the Ice Climbers, if I only had the 3DS version I wouldn't want to take them away from the Wii U owners who loved them.
He did say both games were going to have the same characters.
Do you really want him to say that then go " Just kidding only Wii U gets Ice climbers" and contradict what he said?

Pretty sure he could get in trouble for that because then he would be lying to everyone

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
" Spend money you probably dont have and buy a wii u if you dont have one and buy the game"
You mean?
It's like when every major xboxone and ps4 titles were also coming to 360 and ps4. No reason to get new gen if everything is the same...only better graphics.

The true version needs more incentives

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's a PAЯTY, comrade!

My "anger" is toward the idea that the two versions "HAVE TO" have the same exact roster.
I personally think that leaving them out of fairness was actually a good idea. Making them Wii U exclusives would have created a larger outcry, especially because the 3DS version is outselling the Wii U version.

Tell me, my friends.

It's instinct... If something is fed, it grows. Somehow that's true for both living and non-living things.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Wii U version being deemed as a "true version" is one hell of a fallacy.

Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are meant to be the same game. Two versions of the same game. Two halves of the same whole.

They were designed with this mindset in mind, hence why they share character roster, items, Assist Trophy and Poké Ball rosters and plenty of the same game modes and features.

Only the features to have version exclusives were marketed and explicitly noted as such, as is the case for stages and trophies.

D

Deleted member

At least that is the best selling version out of the two.

eviljoeybonkers

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eviljoeybonkers
3DS FC
4897-6248-0097
The Wii U version being deemed as a "true version" is one hell of a fallacy.

Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are meant to be the same game. Two versions of the same game. Two halves of the same whole.

They were designed with this mindset in mind, hence why they share character roster, items, Assist Trophy and Poké Ball rosters and plenty of the same game modes and features.

Only the features to have version exclusives were marketed and explicitly noted as such, as is the case for stages and trophies.
Pretty much this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which was a mistake, since the Smash was supposed to be a wii u mover

Horrible marketing Nintendo

T

Trick or Treat

Wii U elitists are already doing that.
I feel that nobody loves the idea of having Smash do something new for once instead of being in the same ****ing traditional console thing. why must life be so hard for the 3DS version.
Don't get me wrong, I think the 3DS version is a fantastic game and I am so happy they made a portable version, finally. I have wanted that forever.

He did say both games were going to have the same characters.
Do you really want him to say that then go " Just kidding only Wii U gets Ice climbers" and contradict what he said?
I'm just saying that I wish it was never that way to begin with.

Even if the Ice Climbers did make it to Smash 4, I think it would be safe to assume that they would have been overwhelmingly nerfed. Chain grabbing is what made them dominant in Brawl, and because of the removal of chain grabbing, it would really hurt them.
I played them because I liked them as characters, regardless of how good they were.

It's a PAЯTY, comrade!

I personally think that leaving them out of fairness was actually a good idea. Making them Wii U exclusives would have created a larger outcry, especially because the 3DS version is outselling the Wii U version.

It's instinct... If something is fed, it grows. Somehow that's true for both living and non-living things.
I personally just can't see why anyone would be that upset over it, though.

I'm not trying to be rude or offend anyone. But still. If it was me with only a 3DS, I wouldn't want the Wii U owners to lose out on a character just because I couldn't play as them. :/

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I doubt one character difference would make it seem dumbed down. If one character is enough to convince people, then I don't know what to say.
Have you even seen the kinds of people on this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom