• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Images and Stage Screenshots (UPDATE June 17th!)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Full album: http://imgur.com/a/nW2q9

Kotaku page: http://kotaku.com/108-terrific-shots-of-super-smash-bros-on-wii-u-513759651

You've seen a lot of the pictures, some you likely haven't. We learn only a few tidbits from it that we wouldn't already know (you can duck under crash bomb with kirby, angled tilts are back, bowser's fair and mario's bair are still in, etc.), except for STAGES! :D

New "ring" stage we've already seen. Flat, small. New FD, or FD clone?

Fun fact: This stage has rumored the arrival of Little Mac as a playable character, although some thought it was teh Wii Fit girl's stage or a "new FD". The Wii Fit girl stage is shown in other screenshots, so we can cross that one out.

Smashville has what appears to be 3 platforms of varying height, a kind of inverse Battlefield. This will give many characters additional recovery options (going to top platform), allow for a large platform camping game against grab-happy characters, but boasts a fairly small looking stage size.

Smashville 2, or another segment of Smashville? If we look in the background, the characters have changed as has the angle of the camera. It is possible that Smashville is now a Delfino clone with ever-changing platform layouts.

Dr. Wily's castle with two far off floating platforms. Could be hell for approaching platform campers! I can't wait to throw metal blades from those platforms and laugh maniacally. If I recall correctly through, the stage appeared non-static in videos.

Battlefield during the day

Battlefield closing in on afternoon

Battlefield during dawn/dusk

Battlefield with LIGHTNING! KA-POW!

Neat looking rocks.

Guessing Battlefield has a moving background this time.

I wonder if the hue has something to do with the time of day?

Skyward Sword stage. From what I've seen in videos this is another Delfino clone with ever-changing platforms.

Wii Fit girl stage. Notice the hovering Wii Fit boards as platforms and their shadows. The one behind Bowser is in line with the Bowser's shadow.

Not a clue! 3DS version I believe. Possibly some single player esque thing?

Gerudo Valley, Ocarina of Time 3D

More 3DS. Those big spikes in the background can also come up through the platforms!

Nintendogs for 3DS! You can crouch under the orange block.

Train level for 3DS. Flying platform?

More train level. Notice Toon Link is the conductor... that could be bad for toon link being in the game. This is likely their way of still "including" him. We haven't had a Brawl character also in the stage yet save for G&W and DK (technically cranky kong).

Mario Bro's stage. Wonder if those platforms fall? On the right you can see there is no ground... but also an arrow. Scrolling stage I'd bet.

Chrom for Brawl?

Characters and moves:
I'm gonna post a few things that stand out to me and use the assumption that if it's in screenshot form, it won't change by release. I won't be posting things that have already been explicitly confirmed in an obvious manner. Things like Mega Man's moveset or Mario's moveset, for example. Knowing Fludd is still in doesn't matter, we already saw it on video!

Wii Fit girl has a special move that uses this ball, or this is an item.

The fair of both Link and Bowser seem to be returning

Final Smash, or up+B?

Both Link and Samus have their bombs back.

Samus' missile still can be a super missile.

Angled smashes and tilts seem to be back, as well as the crawling manuever if you hadn't seen that yet.

Kirby's moveset doesn't seem to have changed much. This is his rapid jab. Given Mario is in this pose whenever he's getting hit, someone might able to determine hitbox distance from some of these pics.

Like Kirby's up+B, for example.

Dair. Unknown if it's single or multiple but, spoiler alert, it's gonna be multiple hits.

Likely that Wii Fit lady can crawl.

Fox's dash attack is one of the best examples of the new animations. They seem to have a flash of light where the hitbox is, relatively speaking. Very similar to how Marth worked in previous games. You can also see Mario's spot dodge here moving him well into the Z-axis.

Fox's over-b.

I haven't checked to see if this is Link's forward smash or f-tilt yet, but the animation is different than we've seen in other games. While we haven't seen it used yet that I recall, you can see that Fox still clearly has his shine available during this roll animation.

His u-smash is back too. He seems happy about that.

The "Come on!" taunt has returned. Megaman's up+b doggy Rush as well.

Fox's up-taunt from Brawl, confirming multiple taunts for those that thought they might disappear.

Pit's over-b or dash attack. Likely the former. Notice how the light lines up nicely with the hitbox. Link is clearly being hit while megaman is just fine. Doesn't appear to be too much overlap. If we're lucky, it could be the end of janky hitboxes.

Pit's f-smash or a new move and Pika's over-b.

DK's neutral B.

The "welcome to Disney" u-tilt seems a bit more monstrous now. Given both character's locations, it may be faster too. Definitely hits in front of DK on the ground now.

Pika over-B and Bowser's hitstun animation

Down+B

Shield break and/or sleep attack from another character or item. Possibly also a failed tech.

Drop Kick with what appears to be lightning coming from Bowser's insides. He really is lightning in a bottle. :B

Bowser running instead of scooting.

Fox's blaster and Bowser's up+b.

Bowser's dash attack or a grab / dash grab. Villager's dash attack.

Fox's f-smash

Wii Fit girl's rather humorous "balance" animation next to an edge, I think. That or a taunt.

Bowser getting crotch punched by what appears to be mario's jab. Villager has a slingshot projectile.

DK's f-smash

F-tilts

Nairs

Samus' u-tilt, mario's neutral B.

Pika neutral B, fox's d-smash, Mario's f-smash.

Not sure what's going on here. Mario's dash attack and whatever else.

Link's dair, Mario and Bowser fairing, Samus u-smashing I believe

Samus finishing her u-smash?

Bowser fairing, Samus d-smashing

Link nairing

Don't know what is going on.

Bair

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Nice to see that Smashville is back, still my favorite Brawl stage

Can I just say how much I love these graphics though?

Dat Mega Man is on point too

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
http://i.imgur.com/c6j5vYUh.jpg
Kirby's bruised in this picture and that's a turnip. PEACH CONFIRMED! But Kirby is bruised... battle damage?
If I recall correctly that's just how Kirby's face changes whenever he's hit in any of the games. And the turnip looks like it is pulled by Villager, maybe the weed pull attack can pull other things too?

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Was joking about the Peach thing but I legitimately forgot that about Kirby. Been a while since I've played much.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Battle damage isn't unlikely considering it was originally planned for Brawl(which is seen among the game files, where there were some textures with damaged armor/clothing)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Battle damage isn't unlikely considering it was originally planned for Brawl(which is seen among the game files, where there were some textures with damaged armor/clothing)
We don't know why it was scrapped though. Could be because of time, but could also be because they had trouble implementing it or they didn't like the outcome. I think that if such a big thing were to make it into the game it'd be announced with the announcement trailer.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Dem graphix make me haypee.

But seriously, those stages look really good so far. I'm especially liking the Battlefield one. The background on it looks awesome.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
How did Battlefield go from approaching the void to floating above the slopes of New Zealand to now what appears to be Skyloft 2.0?

...I think it's just as badarse as Melee's, now.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I really hope to see the battle damage myself. I love the idea of Zelda having a torn dress or glove, or Mario losing his hat.

I wonder if they could make it trigger depending on how long the battle is. So that way if you die, you still keep your battle damage "look", rather than losing it upon death.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Stages look great at this point. The Smash Ring however looks the most interesting to me.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
HD Smash is going to be so damn nice, I hope the soundtrack will be better than Brawl's too, I got sick of Brawl's music, needs to be a bit more hype or to be better suited for a fighting game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Wii U Battlefield looks simply... fantastic. It's the best looking stage in my opinion.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mmm, I love me the new Battlefield. The ruins just look so beautiful...too bad things will be too chaotic to really admire the scenery, amirite?! :D
Hey, in Melee and Brawl, you had the option to take snapshots with free camera movement, so who's saying you can't do that this time?

And yeah, I'll say it again, the new Battlefield is amazing.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
On Brawl Smashville the characters are different every time you load the stage, so it could still be one stage, but where did the 3rd platform go? It seems pointless having 2 versions of it though, or maybe it's different each time like how you had day smashville and night smashville. Either way the stages with moving backgrounds were awesome.

StickandFluid

Smash Apprentice
New battlefield is great and I'm curious as to how the ring is going to work on terms of kills and such cause we haven't seen much of it. I heard someone say that it could possibly be just a stage for the screenshots and not an actual stage but who knows this early into it, still great looking stages though :chuckle:

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Can't wait to play this beautiful game in 480i!

Because lag and all that.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Weren't the two Animal Crossing stages and Wily Castle shown to have moving plat layouts in the videos? I know the two-platform Animal Crossing one is basically Smashville x2 and Wily Castle had a really strange path for the platforms with certainty, but I'm not so positive on the second Animal Crossing.
And I think the boxing ring is just FD 2.0.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Those Smashvilles are based off of City Folk. In other words, it isn't a past stage. I'm curious to see if maybe Smashville on 3DS is based on New Leaf.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Why the hell aren't these images on the smash bros website yet Mario looks hilarious and Battlefield looks sexy as F#$@. Whoever thought that the generic looking battlefield from smash 64 would evolve into this?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
^It didn't. It evolved into Melee's. Then Brawl made a completely new blad Battlefield and it evolved into this beautiful masterpiece. D:

Hello.

Smash Cadet
I highly doubt FD is the boxing ring. It is more than likely a Punch-Out stage of some kind re-branded with the Smash logo on the arena.

Here's a comparison:

Notice the ring colors and lines, they are practically the same, and the style of the audience is, too. Not to mention the rumor about Little Mac, this may very well be true. Or it could be that they'll pull an Animal Crossing; that is to say, they'll add a Punch-Out stage but no Punch-Out rep. :p

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Battlefield and the Boxing ring look siiiiiiiiick.

Also I think there's probably only one Smashville stage, and the setting is just changed randomly or by holding a certain button (think Mushroomy Kingdom). The difference of platforms could be because they move around like Project M's Castlevania stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I highly doubt FD is the boxing ring. It is more than likely a Punch-Out stage of some kind re-branded with the Smash logo on the arena.

Here's a comparison:
<Pics>

Notice the ring colors and lines, they are practically the same, and the style of the audience is, too. Not to mention the rumor about Little Mac, this may very well be true. Or it could be that they'll pull an Animal Crossing; that is to say, they'll add a Punch-Out stage but no Punch-Out rep. :p
The similarities are striking. The only big difference is the logo on the stage: instead of the WVBA logo, it has the Smash Bros. logo, which actually makes sense.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Here's a comparison:

The rumor is false, sir.
But these pictures have somewhat convinced me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not. There are no ledges to grab on, you can WALK outside of the ring. Yeah, so you won't be able to fall to your death or anything. As for FD...It's going to be Battlefield with no platforms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ

4:05
I don't think that will be Final Destination. I think it looks like a testing stage or something.

It would be lame and uncreative if FD manages to be just Battlefield without the platforms.

Top Bottom