• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Images and Stage Screenshots (UPDATE June 17th!)

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
cool stuff! i gotta ask, are you the same overswarm that made the "not so common sense" halo videos? if so, whoa weird to run into you again after so many years!

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I don't think that will be Final Destination. I think it looks like a testing stage or something.

It would be lame and uncreative if FD manages to be just Battlefield without the platforms.
Yeah, maybe you're right and it would be lame if FD was just Battlefield without platforms. ;-; Either way, we'll have to see if it truly is Final Destination. I would rather like something different, though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, maybe you're right and it would be lame if FD was just Battlefield without platforms. ;-; Either way, we'll have to see if it truly is Final Destination. I would rather like something different, though.
The new FD will probably be similar to Melee's Battlefield, Melee's Final Destination and Brawl's Final Destination, by having a changing, futuristic-like background.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I highly doubt FD is the boxing ring. It is more than likely a Punch-Out stage of some kind re-branded with the Smash logo on the arena.

Here's a comparison:

Notice the ring colors and lines, they are practically the same, and the style of the audience is, too. Not to mention the rumor about Little Mac, this may very well be true. Or it could be that they'll pull an Animal Crossing; that is to say, they'll add a Punch-Out stage but no Punch-Out rep. :p
What about them is so similar?

There is no WVBA in the Smash one, Little Mac one has no big screen or fire, or anything

The only similarity is that it's a generic boxing ring

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Guys... come on now. It's obviously the Punch-Out!! stage... just accept it. It doesn't matter that they're not exactly the same. None of the stages in Smash are ever exactly the same as their original counterpart. Sakurai takes the things that makes the stage unique and then adds in what he thinks will make it work better.

Hello.

Smash Cadet
I don't know why people are stating that "I want it to be true" or that I believe in the rumor, because both of those things are false and have nothing to do with it. I'm just merely pointing out the coincidences. The only thing I believe is that the boxing ring stage is not Final Destination; I can't even picture that stage as Master Hand's stage.

Retrogecko

Smash Rookie
Just my 2cents on Smashville...

There have been 2-3 different backgrounds spotted so far for the AC stage. In keeping with the round "world" theme, I am starting to wonder if the stage itself doesn't move, but maybe the "world" in the back spins?

I think it'd be cool to have the globe spin and show off different towns/elements like a globe. (And hopefully change according to time of day again too!) - everything looks amazing.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I highly doubt FD is the boxing ring. It is more than likely a Punch-Out stage of some kind re-branded with the Smash logo on the arena.

Here's a comparison:

Notice the ring colors and lines, they are practically the same, and the style of the audience is, too. Not to mention the rumor about Little Mac, this may very well be true. Or it could be that they'll pull an Animal Crossing; that is to say, they'll add a Punch-Out stage but no Punch-Out rep. :p
I think this is a Punch-Out Stage. I think its that Little Mac is in the "Smash World.", They would have to have their own boxing ring.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm leaning towards "Punch-out ring, no Little Mac".

I hope I'm wrong though.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It'd be very odd for them to add a Punch-Out stage but not Little Mac. We got an AC stage but no character because Sakurai had an extremely difficult time fitting an AC character into Smash. Little Mac will have no such problems. He has the demand, he is an inclusion which will please Western fans, he has the relevance, and he fits into Smash perfectly.

Also, can I point out that even if the stage actually has Punch-Out logos and stuff, there's no way that Sakurai would reveal such details in a preview before announcing Little Mac? We shouldn't assume that it will stay a wholly generic stage.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Stages look great.

Unknown deserty, sorta cowboy/indian stage brings Dillon's Rolling Western to mind.

Battle damage on characters would be cool.

Pretty sure that Skyloft is like Delfino and that the platforms just move around on Smashville, like in Brawl Smashville.

There could a be a face on that turnip--facing away from the camera. I'm sure Peach will return, so why not?

I'm almost positive that the wrestling ring represents Punch-Out. There's no way Sakurai would get rid of or replace the iconic Final Destination. Also, love that infinite DK.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Gerudo Valley. It was added because of the Ocarina of Time remake for the 3DS. Also I believe you can hear the gerudo valley theme faintly in the background of a video.

All of the above. I'm expecting Epona and the Running Man to pass by similarly to King Bulblin and his Bulbo on Eldin's Bridge in Brawl.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Its probably easier to make a stage texture and simple platform layout than do animated hazards. My guess is we can't know what their opinion on tourney legality is yet.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
has nobody pointed out that the unknown stage is from donkey kong country returns?

or am i mistaken

Overswarm

is laughing at you
He is referring to alternate costumes, not palettes. Think of the "Mr. L" Luigi costume, now think of fire flower Luigi or purple Luigi. One is a recolor, other is new costume.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Wow

Tedious they say.
Yeah, he MUST be referring to alternate models for character (Wario's 2 models, for instance.)

Changing a color palette is no more than switching to a modified texture, which I imagine doesn't even take more than a workday per character. Heck, changing a palette can be done algorithmically if set up correctly.

Given that palette swaps are absolutely necessary in a fighting game, I am 100% confident they will be present unless they decide to go with a more complex route, which I doubt they will do.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
We don't know why it was scrapped though. Could be because of time, but could also be because they had trouble implementing it or they didn't like the outcome. I think that if such a big thing were to make it into the game it'd be announced with the announcement trailer.

Or, because Zero Suit Samus.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
These all come from the press kit which was conveniently leaked. I managed to pick it up, so I'll post what I can here. There was one other 3DS stage that is not included in the OP.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
If I may add, this article lists Mega Man's Leaf Shield as his n-air, but I can confirm that is not true. As show at 5:35 in the developer direct, Mega Man clearly uses it while standing on the ground. The fact that he crouches first leads me to believe that the move is his down special, since his down-a is his slide from Mega Man 3.

Browny

Smash Hater
I love this, where did you get all these epics from?

However the pic with Villagers slingshot (just ctrl + f it) says its a projectile, I think its his b-air from every video I've seen, so its likely not a projectile, its just a disjointed hitbox (as in, it cant be reflected)

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
If I may add, this article lists Mega Man's Leaf Shield as his n-air, but I can confirm that is not true. As show at 5:35 in the developer direct, Mega Man clearly uses it while standing on the ground. The fact that he crouches first leads me to believe that the move is his down special, since his down-a is his slide from Mega Man 3.
I think you're right. N-Air is the Megabuster in the air, and Down-B is most likely the leaf shield. Here's a breakdown of Mega Man's moveset https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LduAIZD9Lrw

While I hope you're right, that could be just an item or one of the Villagers abilities.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice

this looks like Link's Bair, not Nair. Because his torso is facing the opposite direction to his feet. Plus it looks the same to SSB,SSBM and SSBB

Top Bottom