• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Final Video Presentation Recap

What was your favorite part of the direct?

• Cloud and Midgar Stage Information

Votes: 95 12.9%
  • New Mii Costumes

Votes: 32 4.4%
  • Corrin Chooses To Smash

Votes: 184 25.0%
  • Bayonetta Gets Wicked! And New Umbra Clock Tower Stage

Votes: 424 57.7%

• Total voters
As Sakurai set to close the curtains on Smash 4, our excitements could not be contained. Whistles blew on hype trains across the world as Smash fans settled in for what was to be the final video presentation for Smash 4. We got many amazing announcement that are sure to entice. For those who have yet to watch the direct this is the final warning before we get to spoilers, so turn around now or learn what Smash 4 still has in store!

---​

Corrin, the main character from from Fire Emblem: Fates is coming to Smash! Corrin will have a male and female version of the character similar to Robin or Wii Fit Trainer. As "dragon blood runs through his veins" some of his moves will involve partial transformation. If Corrin is purchased for the Wii U version, two free songs will be included on the the Fire Emblem stages in the games from Fire Emblem Fates. Two special trophies for Fire Emblem Fates have also been added to Smash 3DS. Corrin has a hopeful release in February 2016 and is expected to cost $4.99 for the character.

Corrin Chooses To Smash!

Many details on Cloud's gameplay were explained during the presentation including the mechanics of his Limit Gauge as well as how the new stage Midgar would use 'summons' like Ifrit, Ramuh, Odin, and more! Cloud and his new stage Midgar will be coming to Smash 4 for download later today! They can be bought as a bundle for $5.99.

New Mii Costumes!

While many expected the Chocobo Mi hat after the Cloud's announcement, another character with strong ties to Square Enix and Nintendo also made his way into Smash as a costume: Super Mario RPG's Geno! This wasn't the end either as many more costumes were announced such as:
  • Knuckles (Sonic) - Mii Brawler Costume
  • Tails (Sonic) - Mii Gunner Costume
  • Bionic - Brawler
  • Ashley (Wario Ware Inc. Mega Microgame$)- Swordfighter
  • Gil - (The Tower Of Druaga) Swordfighter
  • Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) - Swordfighter

Bayonetta comes to Smash! She was the winner of the Smash Ballot in Europe, within the top 5 in America, and was the most "realizable fighter" within the ballot. Umbra Clock Tower will be coming as Bayonetta's stage with it's own unique music as well as special trophies form the game. February 2016 is also the targeted release date for Bayonetta. All characters announced today will also have amiibos made for them as well.

Bayonetta Gets Wicked!

The full presentation with more details can be viewed here. Feel the hype Smash fans? Is that pure energy unable to be contained? Jump into the comments section below and tell us what was the best part of this direct and as always stay tuned to Smashboards for the finest in Smash news coverage

Last edited:

Comments

Masahiro Sakruai: "From here on out, everything will be fan service."

Everything this guy does is so unpredictable. It's like he purposely won't give us B&K, Shantae or Shovel Knight (who I wasn't even a big supporter of, but he would've been better than these characters), just because they're expected. He would give us a walking turd if only popular characters were left.

Don't even give us that Geno Mii costume bullcrap. Don't give us that K. Rool bullcrap; you aren't pleasing any of their fans by doing that; just spitting in their faces is all.

This is kind of wild to talk about, but I wonder if Bayonetta appealed to Sakurai's wild perversion. First Zero Suit bikini outfit, now this. A game marketed toward children?

I am not mad about these specific characters, I am mad because a so-called "fan service poll" was complete bullcrap.
Don't play the game if you don't like it, don't post on smashboards if you don't like, write a letter to Sakurai, simple as that

I'm disappointed...
Not for the broadcast but for what I found here after the direct...
I thought this site will be beaming with exitement but no... I find "Heuh??!! Why K.Rool is not here... And Wolf and what's this Corrin character?? At least bring Dexy Kong or something!!!"
The hell with you people?! Sakurai wanted to stop in Brawl at the first place??!! Didn't you see Corrin's moveset? I bet that no one would ever come up with such one! And if you have been at japan before you should know how crazy their stress at work is! And also I believe him when he said that Bayonetta is the ballot winner cause the voters aren't just us on smashboards.
I hope you can enjoy this update even if it was a little bit salty (well... too salty I mean cause I wanted Isaac!).

People if you do not beleive that Bayonetta is the ballot winner consider that the voters aren't just us (SmashBoard) or the gaming community (well mostly...) but other people who just appreciate the Bayonetta series. :)

Last edited:
Kind of curious how they'll handle Fire Emblem in the next game. Marth, Roy, and Ike obviously have staying power but what about the new three?
I feel like Robin and Corrin will probably be there.
I mean, I know it's not great to assume, but Robin and Corrin have the most unique movesets out of all the FE characters, with Robin having his management mechanic, as well as magic, while Corrin has morphing powers, and a chain sword.

Then again, anything can happen, so who knows?

Ah at least Sakurai has balanced out his trolling of the competitive community with the biggest F YOU update of all time for casual smash players.
What? How is this update bad for casual Smash players?
Three awesome, new, and unique characters, 2 cool stages, and more music.
How is this update not good for casual Smash players?

What? How is this update bad for casual Smash players?
Three awesome, new, and unique characters, 2 cool stages, and more music.
How is this update not good for casual Smash players?
.... Geno is a hat.

One of the most requested NINTENDO characters for smash has been Geno... for like 10 years... and they made him into a hat.

It's mostly casuals that vote on this stuff, so that's why I'm saying Sakurai is giving the finger to the casual audience this time around.

All I can say is the man really loves Fire Emblem, but he loves trolling smash players more. Tournament and Casual alike it seems.

My biggest wish for the next smash game is that Sakurai has nothing to do with it, and we can see a return of good game play mechanics.

Interesting stuff guys. Very Interesting stuff. While we're on the subject of characters; I get that it's a bit rude to talk about Smash 5 after Sakurai and Dev team poured so much hard work into the game and it's DLC but surely, it can't be that virulent can it? anyway back to my point. So who exactly do we think will get cut from this game? In my opinion this is really tricky because Sakurai has stated that he doesn't like the idea of cutting Characters that rep one franchise by themselves; all of their trophies, stages and General feel about the character would be gone, and you'd be essentially taking a franchise away from Smash's ever growing repitoire. I get that not everybody is a massive fan of say, Wii Fit Trainer but nobody can deny that she has a unique move set and Play style which is different to other members of the cast. You would also be taking away her stage, music, trophies etc away and why would anybody want to simply take content away like that?

EDIT:
.... Geno is a hat.

One of the most requested NINTENDO characters .
But Geno is a Character owned by Square Enix, is he not?

Last edited:
My biggest wish for the next smash game is that Sakurai has nothing to do with it, and we can see a return of good game play mechanics.
This line here makes no sense as Sakurai has been the main force behind the entire series of smash. If a smash is made without Sakurai it probably wont feel like smash. We have plenty of Grand epic competative OMG technical fighters out there, so let us have this goofy one. I do agree and feel sorry for GENO fans though, but the bright side is that SQUARENIX chose to let them put in GENO over the entire rest of the FINAL FANTASY, Chrono, and who knows how many other series casts that they could have used for outfits. As upset as I am that Zero, akira, Jacky, and Lloyd [at the top of my head] are just 'hats' im glad to see they atleast got some representation.
At the end of it all though I find myself feeling mostly bad for Bandai Namco. They put all this work into making the game as a whole and they got... pacman and the Lloyd mii outfit as thier only representation.
Though to say something honestly that will probably tick off alot of people id have rather seen the classic FF outfits instead of Geno. When Cloud showed up I got myself personally hyped about the idea of more final fantasy stuff for Mii fighters, things like the Common, classic, and at times central job class outfits. Being able to wreck things as a Red mage or Fighter, blasting people while wearing the Black or White mage garbs, or Showing off the true power of the monk or thief with Swift attacks and assults. Geno is a character that I dont care about much personally, but I am glad to see him around for the fans that have asked for him since Melee was first announced. Least Robin has a cool female Red outfit so I can get my litteral redmage fix that way I guess.

Last edited:
.... Geno is a hat.

One of the most requested NINTENDO characters for smash has been Geno... for like 10 years... and they made him into a hat.

It's mostly casuals that vote on this stuff, so that's why I'm saying Sakurai is giving the finger to the casual audience this time around.

All I can say is the man really loves Fire Emblem, but he loves trolling smash players more. Tournament and Casual alike it seems.

Casual players don't know nor care about Geno.
He's from an obscure series that is relinquished to the hardcore.
the same type who cry about him being a hat right now.
Maybe if he appeared in an actual mario main series game he would be popular with the general public.

Also owned by square, so it's not nintendo's choice. their hands are tied.

With pms sudden shutdown and me thinking about this being the last major smash announcement gave me an idea.

Last edited:
This line here makes no sense as Sakurai has been the main force behind the entire series of smash. If a smash is made without Sakurai it probably wont feel like smash. We have plenty of Grand epic competative OMG technical fighters out there, so let us have this goofy one. I do agree and feel sorry for GENO fans though, but the bright side is that SQUARENIX chose to let them put in GENO over the entire rest of the FINAL FANTASY, Chrono, and who knows how many other series casts that they could have used for outfits. As upset as I am that Zero, akira, Jacky, and Lloyd [at the top of my head] are just 'hats' im glad to see they atleast got some representation.
At the end of it all though I find myself feeling mostly bad for Bandai Namco. They put all this work into making the game as a whole and they got... pacman and the Lloyd mii outfit as thier only representation.
Though to say something honestly that will probably tick off alot of people id have rather seen the classic FF outfits instead of Geno. When Cloud showed up I got myself personally hyped about the idea of more final fantasy stuff for Mii fighters, things like the Common, classic, and at times central job class outfits. Being able to wreck things as a Red mage or Fighter, blasting people while wearing the Black or White mage garbs, or Showing off the true power of the monk or thief with Swift attacks and assults. Geno is a character that I dont care about much personally, but I am glad to see him around for the fans that have asked for him since Melee was first announced. Least Robin has a cool female Red outfit so I can get my litteral redmage fix that way I guess.
I also love original FF stuff and it makes me wonder how much it set nintendo back to get cloud, his stage, two songs and geno and chocobo outfits. Probably cost nintendo a ton since square is an asshole.

Namco also has other outfits like heihachi.

Casual players don't know nor care about Geno.
He's from an obscure series that is relinquished to the hardcore.
the same type who cry about him being a hat right now.
Maybe if he appeared in an actual mario main series game he would be popular with the general public.

Also owned by square, so it's not nintendo's choice. their hands are tied.
I agree here and told myself that alot yesterday. Even if a game is made for a nintendo system that does not mean nintendo owns the character. Sure it gives them some place to lean on, but in the end while he was part of a mario game, it was a Square enix production.

Oh and I forgot Tekken was a Namco thing so thanks for the reminder there :).

.... Geno is a hat.

That's it?
Geno being a hat?
For all we know, Maybe Nintendo couldn't get the rights for Geno, or maybe they were only able to get one character from SE, like Geno or Cloud and they chose Cloud.
I mean, Cloud IS the most requested FF character for Smash, and not only that, but we have yet to even have an FF character in Smash, so I feel like that decision would make a lot of sense.
Besides, it's awesome that we even got anything Geno-wise in the first place.
This proves that they know.

Something funny just occured to me, I used to be upset about all the mii fighter outfits that were comming out instead of characters, and here I am talking about all the outfits we could or might have gotten instead. -laughs- man I find my mind changing on alot of things after I think of stuff in different directions.
Except the lack of Castlevania content.. that I am genuinly mad about still. I know the series is owned by Konami but still all those games and no rep at all. -sigh and shake my head-

That's it?
Geno being a hat?
For all we know, Maybe Nintendo couldn't get the rights for Geno, or maybe they were only able to get one character from SE, like Geno or Cloud and they chose Cloud.
I mean, Cloud IS the most requested FF character for Smash, and not only that, but we have yet to even have an FF character in Smash, so I feel like that decision would make a lot of sense.
Besides, it's awesome that we even got anything Geno-wise in the first place.
This proves that they know.
yes. of requested square characters the most popular ones would be Cloud Strife, Sora from Kingdom Hearts and possibly Lara Croft?
Geno is very obscure. He's popular with the hardcore smash players, but he's long been forgotten by the rest.
I highly doubt Cloud in Smash would mean that suddenly Chrono, Geno, Heroes of Light and Bravely Default Heroes would become playable outside outfits.

Sakurai is difficult about allowing 3rd party characters into the game and capcom got 2 only because of the merit every single character had:

Megaman, one of the biggest platformers ever.
Street Fighter, THE definitive fighting game that popularized the genre.

I don't see Geno, Chrono or Bravely characters as such. Heroes of Light are debatable, but if you check just sales: FFVII outsold all nintendo FF games (and remakes) by a landslide.

Adding Cloud is a no-brainer.

Something funny just occured to me, I used to be upset about all the mii fighter outfits that were comming out instead of characters, and here I am talking about all the outfits we could or might have gotten instead. -laughs- man I find my mind changing on alot of things after I think of stuff in different directions.
Except the lack of Castlevania content.. that I am genuinly mad about still. I know the series is owned by Konami but still all those games and no rep at all. -sigh and shake my head-
A Konami rep would be awesome, but like brawl before it: Snake is just more iconic and trending unlike Simon Belmont would be.

The problem lies with Konami, however. Kojima and Sakurai are buddies and that's how Snake got in in the first place.

Kojima is not part of Konami anymore and Konami as a company has been treating it's employees terribly.

Years ago Itagaki (the man behind castlevania metroidvania games) left the company as well and made a kickstarter for a spiritual sequel, since Konami won't make those games anymore.

I think the problem lies with Konami. Too bad we won't know what it is unless someone opens their mouth.

yes. of requested square characters the most popular ones would be Cloud Strife, Sora from Kingdom Hearts and possibly Lara Croft?
Geno is very obscure. He's popular with the hardcore smash players, but he's long been forgotten by the rest.
I highly doubt Cloud in Smash would mean that suddenly Chrono, Geno, Heroes of Light and Bravely Default Heroes would become playable outside outfits.

Sakurai is difficult about allowing 3rd party characters into the game and capcom got 2 only because of the merit every single character had:

Megaman, one of the biggest platformers ever.
Street Fighter, THE definitive fighting game that popularized the genre.

I don't see Geno, Chrono or Bravely characters as such. Heroes of Light are debatable, but if you check just sales: FFVII outsold all nintendo FF games (and remakes) by a landslide.

Adding Cloud is a no-brainer.
cloud is also in alot more games with a few of them being nintendo ones as well. Geno is a fan fave, but he was only in one game. Cloud has been in many games and usually has a Story role in the games he appears in. -waves at kingdom hearts series and the many mini FF games.-

Admittedly I could see Geno in Smash, but then again, I can see almost anyone in Smash.
I've played SMRPG, and I like Geno, and it would be cool, but I do agree with notions that Cloud is the better choice.
And with my previous comment about how Geno's costume is great, reminder that the last time Geno's character or Geno's design has made an appearance period was a small cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.
Remember when that came out?
12 years ago.
Having him (or at least some reference to him) for the first time in years is great. Even if it's just an aesthetic, it's still a playable aesthetic, so it's nice to see.
That's what I think, anyway.

cloud is also in alot more games with a few of them being nintendo ones as well. Geno is a fan fave, but he was only in one game. Cloud has been in many games and usually has a Story role in the games he appears in. -waves at kingdom hearts series and the many mini FF games.-
He's in those games because of his popularity.

I could also get mad and claim to want Goombario from paper mario as a playable character (akin to Geno or even bandana dee)

the problem is that these characters are only marginally important even within their games.

It's different from requesting the one and only Cloud of the massive role playing game. Back when FFVII was out everyone was debating whether Ocarina of Time or FFVII made a better world. Fanboys hated each other and bickered over the series first games in 3D and there were massive flame wars before the term flame war even existed.

Cloud is just factually more popular than say: heroes of light (from the first FF, which would be my personal choice. I would have also prefered cecil from FFIV)

Thank you, Sakurai and the Smash team! While the characters I wanted didn't get in (Wonder Red, Inkling, Wolf), I'm extremely thankful on how good is all the DLC. The hard work they had in these characters and how unique they are (Unless you're salty as heck, Corrin is NOT in any way a Generic Anime Swordfighter. Anime Swordfighter maybe, but not Generic) really makes the all the wait worth it!

I want the number 1 character in the ballot to get in. Not just a character in the top 5. If you're happy throwing money down the drain at a game that isn't doing anything right, then have fun. Maybe you should learn to stop sucking up to Nintendo and their garbage decisions.
Welcome to every other country. Unfortunately for you, America's not the only country. Bayonetta was #1 in Europe, which is believable because it's very popular over there it seems. Bayo 2 sold almost 50,000 copies after it's third week. Sorry that the K Rool or the person you would've liked got in. But while you're wiping your salty tears, could ya stop feeling that because YOU voted for that character, they HAVE to get in? Because that's the vibe I'm getting from you right now.
Had to edit the rest because I clicked post reply by accident. lel

Last edited:
This line here makes no sense as Sakurai has been the main force behind the entire series of smash. If a smash is made without Sakurai it probably wont feel like smash. We have plenty of Grand epic competative OMG technical fighters out there, so let us have this goofy one.
The thing is, after melee sakurai has been doing really bad work with the gameplay. Just because melee is among the most technical fighting games of all time, doesn't mean it's not goofy, or fun. A lot of casual players I know also agree that melee was the best, even at a fun / casual level... because it's still fast paced and fun.

Brawl was so bad that the PM dev team had to fix the entire game to make it playable, and hopefully at some point we can see the same thing happen to smash 4, because the gameplay sucks for anything beyond a friendly 2v2 or free for all.

Basically Sakurai created the best smash game in the series, closely following the gameplay mechanics of smash 64... then decided to remove everything that made the gameplay fun, and add tripping / auto sweet spotting / and now ledge trumping.

So yeah, I'd like to someone else, ANYONE else havea try at designing the next smash game. Specifically the amazing people responsible for Project M. I do think the mechanics and overall viability of many different characters in PM is extremely impressive, and is what should be attempted in the next smash game.

I don't need the data from the Ballot to conclude that a franchise that has historically sold pretty mediocrely is not going to be as well known as characters from the best-selling franchises on a console, and thus not as demanded.

That's basic logic.
So what you are saying is that they somehow lied and not only picked a character that was less popular, but one that would require licensing fees to SEGA, plus the music, voice actress, and ALL the work into the character, as opposed to Wolf who could have easily been ported from Brawl and as a first party had no licensing costs. Because, why not.

Get real, if Wolf would have made it higher than her on the ballot he would have been in.

Right, so who asked for Corrin, then? Bayonetta wasn't even the biggest request, I know for a fact that Wolf was way bigger and Bayo doesn't even sell as much as Splatoon, either. Adding in K.Rool and the other big characters is just salt in the wound.

You know who casual people are going to vote for if they even vote for anybody? Shrek. Goku. Whatever characters they damn well feel like. Certainly not an obscure character with only 2 games that aren't selling extremely great. People would vote for characters they look on fondly and want to see in Smash, and I seriously doubt Bayonetta was in the position to be a "winner" if her games aren't selling like hotcakes. I cannot believe that Bayonetta had an overwhelming majority of support, and I cannot believe that she was the most feasible of all the newcomers. Wolf is just as, if not even more feasible and popular.

Again, she's not nearly as popular and has not nearly the amount of demand as Wolf, K.Rool, Inkling, Dixie Kong or any of the other big-name picks worldwide. And just because we're getting new content doesn't ****ing mean we need to take it like animals just because we "should be happy with what we get".

The consumer's voice is the most potent voice in the industry, and that's a fact. And if you keep stepping on consumer's toes, you start losing their trust. And losing trust is a BAD idea for them.
How do you know that Wolf was a bigger request? And if you say internet polls, may I remind you that there's a good chunk of the Smash community that doesn't even TOUCH those sites, and we don't even know if they've voted or not.

For the second paragraph: *ahem*

I'm sure casuals aren't THAT stupid.

I'm sure that the posts that say you should be HAPPY are somehow using the term HAPPY wrong. Rather, you should be grateful. Nobody said you had to like the characters, but you should at the very least appreciate the fact that Sakurai made new characters, albeit characters you don't like or didn't support.

I know. Something has definitely been lost with this update. I am sick of seeing freaking human characters as well. We play these games to take a break from reality.
So you're saying that humanoid characters are always super-duper-realistic and can never be unrealistic at all?

Realism right here. I mean like, doesn't this happen to you on a daily basis? You just start glowing red and slice everything in your path?

Mind you, this is from a spin-off from Metal Gear Solid.
It's just like real-life; no more DuckTales, no more Saturday morning cartoons, it's all about your reality shows now.

What life are you living in?

50,000 seems like a lot to me. Then again, I don't know sales that much. Eh, an error in my response to me. Fair play.

You gonna talk about the rest of my comment though?
Nah. I don't care that much about the rest of it. The thing is, Bayonetta is such a niche series that it's just very surprising to me that she got in.

The thing is, after melee sakurai has been doing really bad work with the gameplay. Just because melee is among the most technical fighting games of all time, doesn't mean it's not goofy, or fun. A lot of casual players I know also agree that melee was the best, even at a fun / casual level... because it's still fast paced and fun.

Brawl was so bad that the PM dev team had to fix the entire game to make it playable, and hopefully at some point we can see the same thing happen to smash 4, because the gameplay sucks for anything beyond a friendly 2v2 or free for all.

Basically Sakurai created the best smash game in the series, closely following the gameplay mechanics of smash 64... then decided to remove everything that made the gameplay fun, and add tripping / auto sweet spotting / and now ledge trumping.

So yeah, I'd like to someone else, ANYONE else havea try at designing the next smash game. Specifically the amazing people responsible for Project M. I do think the mechanics and overall viability of many different characters in PM is extremely impressive, and is what should be attempted in the next smash game.
Sakurai saved the series with Brawl.
Melee was incredibly difficult to play for most of the reular crowd and even though we loved the character selection and some stages it just felt too fast.

Sakurai returned to the basics with brawl and improved on that with smash 4.

I hope the PM team never touched the actual game as it would turn Smash into a niche series and would slowly die out as the hardcore cry about the shrinking community.

Nah. I don't care that much about the rest of it. The thing is, Bayonetta is such a niche series that it's just very surprising to me that she got in.
It should be, but at the same time...

Not really. After all. Nintendo saved Bayonetta 2 from being cancelled. It'd make sense if this is what they wanted in return. I like to imagine that it went something like this:

Nintendo: "Hey, we see your 'Bayonetta 2' game's like, dying or something."
Platinum Games: "Yeah, the sales for the original were... kinda rough."
Nintendo: "How about this, We fund your game, BUT you make it exclusive to our new Wii U console, let us observe to make sure nothing too M gets in, put in some Nintendo costumes, also release the original Bayonetta as a bundle with Bayonetta 2's physical version, and also owe us a favor in the future?"
PG: "ok"

1 year later...

N: Hey Platnium, Bayonetta won the ballot! Out of the choices that were actually usable. Remember when we talked about that favor thing? Well, we're using it now.kthxbai

TL;DR: This was probably due to PG's good relation with Nintendo, otherwise another realizable choice would've been used.

It should be, but at the same time...

Not really. After all. Nintendo saved Bayonetta 2 from being cancelled. It'd make sense if this is what they wanted in return. I like to imagine that it went something like this:

Nintendo: "Hey, we see your 'Bayonetta 2' game's like, dying or something."
Platinum Games: "Yeah, the sales for the original were... kinda rough."
Nintendo: "How about this, We fund your game, BUT you make it exclusive to our new Wii U console, let us observe to make sure nothing too M gets in, put in some Nintendo costumes, also release the original Bayonetta as a bundle with Bayonetta 2's physical version, and also owe us a favor in the future?"
PG: "ok"

1 year later...

N: Hey Platnium, Bayonetta won the ballot! Out of the choices that were actually usable. Remember when we talked about that favor thing? Well, we're using it now.kthxbai

TL;DR: This was probably due to PG's good relation with Nintendo, otherwise another realizable choice would've been used.
Too bad they have such a good relationship then...

let us observe to make sure nothing too M gets in

Actually if I may touch upon this quickly. While developing the game Platinum Planned To Make it so Bayonetta would not full on naked when using her moves in game and planned her to reveal slightly less skin then the original; but Nintendo actually no to that idea and basically told them to do their worst. Which they were obviously shocked about by but I think it's better this way.

EDIT:
Cause I don't want her in the game. Simple as that.
If you don't mind me asking; why not? she seems to be a fun character that has a unique move set, do you just not like her game franchise? If you do; then that's completely fine! I am just interested as to why. That's all.

EDIT 2: dang I was too slow typing I already got my answer >.<

Last edited:
Well, what I stated at the end about it being better with her I meant it would fit the tone and style of the first game more, but I respect that you have a valid opinion and I shall not barrage with hate for that. Personally, I play Bayonetta for more the fast paced action combat rather then just sex appeal. This is partly why I'm excited for her being in smash because her fast paced combo orientated Playstyle could fit really well in Smash, they might have to tone her down a bit but I'm ok with it since I'd have another character to mess around with. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what I stated at the end about it being better with her I meant it would fit the tone and style of the first game more, but I respect that you have a valid opinion and I shall not barrage with hate for that. Personally, I play Bayonetta for more the fast paced action combat rather then just sex appeal. This is partly why I'm excited for her being in smash because her fast paced combo orientated Playstyle could fit really well in Smash, they might have to tone her down a bit but I'm ok with it since I'd have another character to mess around with. :p
LOL To each their own, sir. To each their own. :p

You may be salty about time gone by, but don't pretend there are no retro reps. Sakurai tries to get in big gaming icons and big gaming icons from various generations are offered.
Duck Hunt, Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Ryu. That is such a small percentage of the total newcomers. All of the retro newcomers are pretty predictable inclusions, not as left-field as Corrin/Greninja/Dark Pit/Robin/WFT. I just wish some of the retro reps were unpredictable as well. They are all just main characters of popular retro franchises. I want some secondary characters as well. I'm not expecting you to combat this with an argument; I'm just voicing my opinion, and it's all just subjective at the end of the day.

Don't play the game if you don't like it, don't post on smashboards if you don't like, write a letter to Sakurai, simple as that
You people suck. You can't take an honest opinion. "Don't post on Smashboards if you don't like it"... so you only want to be surrounded by people singing their praises for Sakurai? Why do you care?

Don't post on Smashboards if you do like it. How do you like that? What's the difference?

I'm disappointed...
Not for the broadcast but for what I found here after the direct...
I thought this site will be beaming with exitement but no... I find "Heuh??!! Why K.Rool is not here... And Wolf and what's this Corrin character?? At least bring Dexy Kong or something!!!"
The hell with you people?! Sakurai wanted to stop in Brawl at the first place??!! Didn't you see Corrin's moveset? I bet that no one would ever come up with such one! And if you have been at japan before you should know how crazy their stress at work is! And also I believe him when he said that Bayonetta is the ballot winner cause the voters aren't just us on smashboards.
I hope you can enjoy this update even if it was a little bit salty (well... too salty I mean cause I wanted Isaac!).
People have opinions; yeesh. Just because they put effort into it, doesn't mean I have to like it. Sorry I can't fake enthusiasm for something that ticked me off to no end.

That direct was a complete **** show. Sakurai slapped the fans in the face just so he could keep drooling over Fire Emblem. Nobody wanted Corrin, "fan service" my ass. That could have, and should have, been Inkling if he wanted to promote a newer game so much. Inkling got robbed, simple as that.

And Bayonetta...yeah. Simply put, I honestly don't believe she won the ballot.

I'm really sorry for all the people who campaigned for characters we actually wanted, like K. Rool, Wolf, Inkling, Issac, etc. Hopefully next Smash, Sakurai finally steps down and gives control to someone who won't spill his biases into the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom