• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 1.1.5 Ganon Changes

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
His bthrow doesn't need more KB. It needs to be made into a single 10% hit instead of two hits of 5%, that way he can actually make use of the knockback growth.
Bro ganondorf's back throw has 30 base kb and 130 kb growth. Ness's back throw has 15 base in and 130 in growth. I completely agree the slow power characters should be able to have kill throws (they are supposed to be physically strong) but Ness's is already incredibly stupid, and we really don't need that. I would take the extra kb.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Bro ganondorf's back throw has 30 base kb and 130 kb growth. Ness's back throw has 15 base in and 130 in growth. I completely agree the slow power characters should be able to have kill throws (they are supposed to be physically strong) but Ness's is already incredibly stupid, and we really don't need that. I would take the extra kb.
I was well aware of the numbers when I wrote that, and that is exactly why I wrote it. The difference between Dorf and Ness is, one of them can fish for grabs, while the other cannot. On top of that, Ness's bthrow does more damage, which means it will kill much earlier with the growth than Dorf could. There is no reason at all that someone with such poor range shouldn't get at least one kill-level throw for when they can actually get the grab. The only two ways he could get kills with such a throw is by the ledge at high %s, or across the stage at very high %s, which is unrealistic since pretty much every attack he has could kill earlier than a mid-stage bthrow.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
If we're talking about giving Ganny a kill throw, I'd prefer it to be U-throw since currently it seems to have the least utility out of all his throws and it looks like it should be the most powerful. I wanna see that sweet lightning as I lift my opponents above my head and punch them in the back.

Wait, has this become "What changes do you want to see in patch 1.1.6" thread?

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Yup, still hoping for reduced FAF dthrow, with a darkness effect for bonus hitstun.

And a hitbox as Utilt goes up that can be canceled into a jump only if it connects with something.

And auto cancel SH Dair

And dark dive shocks to go from 1.2% to 2%

And Dark dive KB angle to launch people straight up for a guaranteed Nair/ Uair

And a landing lag reduction on Nair

And Wizkick getting trancendent priority

And shiek needles losing trancendent priority

And a range increases on choke

And air choke not putting Ganon into special fall

And an airspeed increase

And Air Wizkick having reduced landing lag and shockwave hitbox at waist level, not the ground so it breaks shields like it's suppost to and doesn't just poke

And a pummel buff from 3% to 6%.

Then I'll be happy

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
I was well aware of the numbers when I wrote that, and that is exactly why I wrote it. The difference between Dorf and Ness is, one of them can fish for grabs, while the other cannot. On top of that, Ness's bthrow does more damage, which means it will kill much earlier with the growth than Dorf could. There is no reason at all that someone with such poor range shouldn't get at least one kill-level throw for when they can actually get the grab. The only two ways he could get kills with such a throw is by the ledge at high %s, or across the stage at very high %s, which is unrealistic since pretty much every attack he has could kill earlier than a mid-stage bthrow.
oh yeah i didn't realize the percent difference my b.

Darkshadovv

Smash Cadet
Is it me or did they make Air Choke techable again? I did it to a Shulk on Omega Peach's Castle and he immediately rolled back on landing.

Top Bottom