• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slide 2/3 FD

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
I can slide 2/3 Final destination while throwing an item with Zelda..
It looks kinda like Samus Super wave dash in melee..

I haven't seen anyone slide as far way as I do,
Most of my attempts goes 1/2 of FD though.

1. So I'm wondering WHICH BUTTONS do YOU guys use to perform this? maybe my way of performing it gives more slide/lenght ?

2. Do you guys too use it to surprise your opponent with a Smash attack?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
That's a glide toss...and this is pretty situational because Zelda has no items.

And you perform it by rolling and pressing the CStick in the direction you want to throw in the middle of the roll animation.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's a glide toss...and this is pretty situational because Zelda has no items.

And you perform it by rolling and pressing the CStick in the direction you want to throw in the middle of the roll animation.
yup... and Zelda has a BIG glide toss... and can follup up with her sliding Usmash RIDICULOUSLY well

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
Yes I know it's been descovered..

But I thought my way of doing it was different, (which it isn't):(

btw I get different effects by letting go/not letting go of the C-stick right after the throw.
Resulting in that I can glide the opposite direction to where I throw the item..

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
How do you get Zelda to go so far? I can only get her to go like 2 steps.

(I just started practicing this tex)

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
How do you get Zelda to go so far? I can only get her to go like 2 steps.

(I just started practicing this tex)
First I shield, then while shielding I perform a rolling dodge.
As soon as the rolling animation begins you must press either A or the smash stick to interupt it and throw the item..
The sooner you interrupt it the longer your slide becomes!
Make sure you don't press A or the smash stick TOO soon though, then it won't work at all.

Good luck! :)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
So sometimes she barely slides left, sometimes she frickin flies, and it just depends on the timing?

Great. A new DACUS.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Generally I'm pretty sure it depends on if she's rolling forwards or backwards, her back one is much further from what I've heard.

Top Bottom