• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Melee Fox doesn't require skill to be effective.

Melee Fox allows for a great skill difference.

Know the difference.
Uh... not sure of the difference

But still, he does require some skill to be used effectively.

Sure you can can just play Fox normal without any techs and stuff and still be good, no worries

But you do need some skills with Fox to actually be good

Fox isn't a straight forward character

:135:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Easy to play, difficult to master.

TBH Melee Fox is incredibly overpowered at any level of play. The only major thing that makes him more technical then the next guy, assuming equal skill otherwise, is the silly jumpsquat that makes shorthops a two-frame trick. See, stuff like this is why I don't think Melee was well designed.

Top level play is only absurdly technical because it's top level play. It's like calling OoT technical because when you want to beat it in ten minutes it requires a bunch of difficult glitches.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
True true.

I like Melee, it's fun to play (though mostly because Young Link is in it)

But your right, not matter the praise, it's just unfair the balance and how players are generally force to play top tier characters. It just sucks

Also, no option to turn off tap jump

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Somebody pulled the data off the servers and it looks like Bayonetta's the only character getting changes, all nerfs too.

Makes my job easier lol.
Well that ruins everything for something I guess

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Who can teach me how to abuse the frame data because I read it and still find it to be foreign.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Who can teach me how to abuse the frame data because I read it and still find it to be foreign.
Like what exactly, punishes and stuff? That's something you need to feel more then know, especially in Smash because you're almost never going to be face-to-face like in traditional fighting games.

Pit's ground punishes range from f5 to f10 (f20 with an Arm and the second hit of D/Fsmash) so it's not like you need to be very picky, besides Usmash for obvious reasons. To me if you're sticking to the ground it's using the move with the most damage/potential damage/killing potential then anything, so mostly grabs and dash grabs.

If you're going for a flashier air combo though, that's tricky because Pit's aerials typically come out slower, his air speed is poor, and jumpsquat is always an extra 5 frames of start-up. The fastest Pit can put out an aerial hitbox from the ground is f9, Nair. (Fastest anybody can is f8 besides Mac's f2 Nair I think.) Dair would be f15 in the back, f16 up front.

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Like with hitstun, how many frames would they be in hitstun from an attack. For example, like I've always wandered why I was able to do a dthrow>dair>nair at lower percentages.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Meh... Head hurts, eyes drooping... Not going to seriously test the patch tonight. Nothing noticeable anyway...

Report all potential changes placebo to me and I'll be sure to test 'em out tomorrow. Pretty sure Kurogane said the data we got yesterday was all that was in the update, so it's probably nothing.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
As time moves on, I dislike fair more and more.

NoLoudNoise

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoLoudNoise
How early could electroshock kill with rage?

I'm sure this is not new but I killed a ZSS at 49 damage with 129%. It was the very end of the ledge though, like normal ledge getup

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
of course..

I use everything always except utilt, only used when... it's used.

I miss brawl's fair & bair. I'm sorry if I shouldn't.

Chobani007

Smash Rookie
Hi all, this is 3F, I've been lurking around for some time, but I figured I'd drop by and say hi!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
of course..

I use everything always except utilt, only used when... it's used.

I miss brawl's fair & bair. I'm sorry if I shouldn't.
Eh, i prefer his new Fair (just wish it had a bit less endlag) Though I heard his old bair had more kill power, so that wouldn't be to bad

Hi all, this is 3F, I've been lurking around for some time, but I figured I'd drop by and say hi!
Who?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
How early could electroshock kill with rage?

I'm sure this is not new but I killed a ZSS at 49 damage with 129%. It was the very end of the ledge though, like normal ledge getup
Dark Pit can kill Puff at 0% at the ledge with max rage while she's charging a smash attack

Which will never happen but oh well :^)
Hello~! :happysheep:

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
No but I had someone photoshop it and he added also added the leaves to give off the cool special effects.

Top Bottom