• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Is that first one Bair?

I think so.

Yeah, i saw Smash Corner's video on it. Though I tired to do it and it's really hard to adjust from Smash stick.

I just like using Smash attacks. Too much

:135:
The first one's dash attack

I still have mine set to smash. Don't really care about the tilts. And that might be bad oop

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Bair's funny, lol. There's this little semicircle on his back which represents the sourspot, and the rest is the 12% "tipper" that kills.

Tilt stick is amazing, Koiba. You can do walking Jabs and approaching Nairs by pressing diagonally.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The first one's dash attack

I still have mine set to smash. Don't really care about the tilts. And that might be bad oop
Well... that's a little bit disjointed....

yeah, a little. Tilts are like the bread and butter for all characters

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Bair's funny, lol. There's this little semicircle on his back which represents the sourspot, and the rest is the 12% "tipper" that kills.

Tilt stick is amazing, Koiba. You can do walking Jabs and approaching Nairs by pressing diagonally.
Well... that's a little bit disjointed....

yeah, a little. Tilts are like the bread and butter for all characters

Hmm.... I probably should switch over, but I'm to used to the smash stick to actual do the smashes manually ;w;

And another thing about is that I don't use the c stick for aerials oop

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Actually, something I have seem to notice that I;m not sure if anyone else has

You can in fact actually perform Nair's with Stick set to Smash. The way to do it it seems is to roll the C-stick in a full circle really quickly. I've only ever done this on the GC controller and i don't know why or how, but I thought I would just say

Hmm.... I probably should switch over, but I'm to used to the smash stick to actual do the smashes manually ;w;

And another thing about is that I don't use the c stick for aerials oop
That's my exact problem. When i tried it first, I was so used to Smash Stick than when my opponent was at kill % and i went to smash, I accidentally did a tilt and I was like 'Oh gods, why?' ;-;

Wait, seriously? Mate, I can only Aerial with the C-Stick (well, no exactly, but it is my to go to move)

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
So to the Pokemon fans of Skyworld- got a favorite when it comes to the new starters? I think we feathered folk need to stand together so I'm going with Rowlet (:016:+:001:)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So to the Pokemon fans of Skyworld- got a favorite when it comes to the new starters? I think we feathered folk need to stand together so I'm going with Rowlet (:016:+:001:)
Coconut owl for days~! <3333

I really like all of the starters tbh. Litten's cute and I love Poppilo because seals are my favourite animal. Top contenders are Rowlett and Poppilo so far. Just praying that they don't pull a Quillidan ;-;

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
<- Just look at my avatar

I'm going with Popplio right now. Litten and Rowlet seem kinda boring to me and Rowlet's typing is terrible.
Actually, after some calculations, it's match ups aren't near as bad as you might think. They're nothing special mind you, but they are definitely better than vanilla Grass or Flying

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Actually, after some calculations, it's match ups aren't near as bad as you might think. They're nothing special mind you, but they are definitely better than vanilla Grass or Flying

Being weak to fire, rock, poison, and double weak to ice is pretty bad if you ask me. And knowing GF it's probably going have all the faults of most other grass starters... Defensive stats on something with common weaknesses and like no movepool.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Being weak to fire, rock, poison, and double weak to ice is pretty bad if you ask me. And knowing GF it's probably going have all the faults of most other grass starters... Defensive stats on something with common weaknesses and like no movepool.
Seem to be forgetting that most Flying types have a good move pool. Plus, you forgot that it gains Fighting, Bug and even more Ground strength match up, it makes up for it.

Look at it this way, I personally see Rowlet becoming the next Greninja potentially.

Seriously, not to be mean, but you are really negative a lot of the time. No offence

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
A fellow rowlet supporter #teamrowlet I hope they don't screw him over like the other grass starter no one talks about

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Tbh if Rowlet's evolution turns out to be super ugly and lame it'd actually be super disapointing and hilarious

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Seem to be forgetting that most Flying types have a good move pool. Plus, you forgot that it gains Fighting, Bug and even more Ground strength match up, it makes up for it.

Look at it this way, I personally see Rowlet becoming the next Greninja potentially.

Seriously, not to be mean, but you are really negative a lot of the time. No offence

Not really... I doubt it'll have Heat Wave, Roost wouldn't work well with that many common weaknesses, and similarly Tailwind and Brave Bird would be better used with another Flying type. Best bet at this point is, besides losing Flying, to be built like a glass cannon or get Gale Wings.

Really don't see that happening. We only have two super good starters right now, and they both have crazy abilities. For every Protean we get a Damp and a Leaf Guard. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment by thinking he'll be really good, honestly...

None taken.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Isn't Booty 'O Cereal like Lucky Charms though?

I mean, I'm just looking at some pictures of it and they have those marshmallows

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not really... I doubt it'll have Heat Wave, Roost wouldn't work well with that many common weaknesses, and similarly Tailwind and Brave Bird would be better used with another Flying type. Best bet at this point is, besides losing Flying, to be built like a glass cannon or get Gale Wings.

Really don't see that happening. We only have two super good starters right now, and they both have crazy abilities. For every Protean we get a Damp and a Leaf Guard. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment by thinking he'll be really good, honestly...

None taken.
Oh I see now. Your just being realistic. I can respect that. Yeah, I know I shouldn't have high expectations of Rowlet, but I always liked the challenge that came with picking Grass type starts. That's why I always did (well, unless I liked a different starter)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Well I honestly dont like lucky charms
what

I find lucky charms to be pretty good. The marshmallows is the only reason I'd eat them though oop

My favourite cereal has to be cinnamon toast crunch though

Other contenders are rice crispies and those cereal balls

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
My favorites are Capn Crunch, Waffle Crisp, and Cocoa Puffs. I miss cinnamon toast crunch, though. I can never find them at any nearby grocery store anymore.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
BOOTY-O'S!

THEY MAKE SURE YOU AIN'T BOOTY!

Koiba Koiba Booty-O's are not like Lucky Charms because NEW DAY ROCKS! NEW DAY ROCKS!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Patch 1.1.6 confirmed, so I guess that means I can go and get ready to confirm nothing changed on the Pits again. :p

No clear release date though. Just that it'll be out before the end of the month.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
It's gonna be funny if Mayonetta avoids the nerf laser again

And brutally sad

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I'm 89.537% sure all my characters won't receive changes

:4jigglypuff:
543 days :^(
Like, look oml
http://buffpuff.club/

Why should I bother at this point lol

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Yeah, why not give puff an actual buff? As much as I hate playing as her in this game because of how bad she is, she really needs some sort of buff. Give her an actual combo throw that can true combo into rest and she's good. And no, that would NOT make her op as this was the case in melee yet she's a fair and balanced character that required skill, unlike SOME characters melee fox, brawl meta knight, pre patch sheik, bayonetta, 64 pikachu, pre patch diddy.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah, why not give puff an actual buff? As much as I hate playing as her in this game because of how bad she is, she really needs some sort of buff. Give her an actual combo throw
Yay for combo throw, although I don't think that would be a priority
Give her an actual combo throw that can true combo into rest
true combo
Holy **** O_O
I think that's asking a bit too much tbh. Pretty sure rest was only true from an uthrow at low percents and only on the space furries. Aka :foxmelee::falcomelee:
And no, that would NOT make her op as this was the case in melee yet she's a fair and balanced character that required skill, unlike SOME characters melee fox
:foxmelee: is probably the most technical character in melee what
64 pikachu
At least he was fun, right? :D

But can you give me a couple reasons on why 64 Pikachu is "braindead"?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
He's not braindead, he's just ridiculously easy to use. My experience with 64 admittedly is minimal compared to the other games, but I know that pika's combo game in 64 is so easy bake that even bayonetta would say his combo game is so dumb.

And melee fox I guess can be played up to technical level, but if you just want to pick him up then he requires less skill than other characters since his finishers are so fast. Waveshine combos are not that difficult for me to do, and this is coming from a guy who still needs to get the hang if teching.

Oh, and inb4 "pre patch sheik was super technical". Please. I need to get @TSM ZeRo over here and say this: sheik is the easiest character for me to pick up and master. Again, if my tech skill is lackluster, how the **** can I pick up a supposedly "difficult character" and combo back throw into down b at high percents when it takes more effort out of me to press one button? If Gonzo doesn't see this, then I want to get @Nairo over here to tell him that I said this very statement to zero:

"I, NecromanceRr, a smash novice in both melee and sm4sh, a player who has trouble teching properly, who hasn't even reached his full potential yet, believes that sheik is the easiest character to pick up and master everything, and anyone who disagrees needs to get gud asap."

And since I'm talking to @Nairo I'm trying to learn advanced ZSS combos, so how much more for glory should I be playing? Also, inb4 random tangent.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, why not give puff an actual buff? As much as I hate playing as her in this game because of how bad she is, she really needs some sort of buff. Give her an actual combo throw that can true combo into rest and she's good. And no, that would NOT make her op as this was the case in melee yet she's a fair and balanced character that required skill, unlike SOME characters melee fox, brawl meta knight, pre patch sheik, bayonetta, 64 pikachu, pre patch diddy.
Pretty sure Melee Fox does actually require skill.

Just saying

Also your right. Puff has some may other weakness that this probably would only just make a difference

Last edited:
Top Bottom