• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
In order:

1. Widen the spikebox of DAir, eliminating either the upwards sourspot or the horizontal sourspot
2. Reduce endlag on DownB
3. Reduce endlag on FSmash
4. Reduce endlag on NeutralB
Nah Spike hitbox is fine, I like the sourspots it's really good for combos and footstool combos.
2 and 3 would be good but I feel like it would be overdoing things can you imagine if Pit could throw out fsmashes like metaknight? Pit's is faster and longer, it would be pretty darn broken.
4 is unnecesary for Pit but might be useful for Dark Pit (because full hop arrows have literally no endlag). Then again as long as they are not as spammable as brawl arrows it should be fine.

Yeah, i'd like a stronger side B as well. Or to be more specific, a faster one.
That's a brilliant idea, they should give pit more range and speed on his side b to make up for kill power. And to balance that give Dark Pit faster arrows and less endlag.
Also More super armour on side b pls, I don't like randomly being jabbed out of side b. Frame 1 SA like Ryu would be nice :3
Also give pit more mobility, faster air speed/higher jumps/faster fall speed or something, gives him more off a presence especially offstage and gives more leniency to combos/footstool resets.
Hmmm what else, maybe make his smash attacks a tad stronger, they are ok but kinda pale in comparison to the plethora of other smash attacks that kill really early.

Also I'm glad the arguements are over.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I am getting it as well, soon...

nobody touches my chandelue.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Nah Spike hitbox is fine, I like the sourspots it's really good for combos and footstool combos.
2 and 3 would be good but I feel like it would be overdoing things can you imagine if Pit could throw out fsmashes like metaknight? Pit's is faster and longer, it would be pretty darn broken.
4 is unnecesary for Pit but might be useful for Dark Pit (because full hop arrows have literally no endlag). Then again as long as they are not as spammable as brawl arrows it should be fine.
1. Pit would benefit far more from having a reliable kill spike than "combo Dair". We already have three aerials that combo into themselves easily. Widening the spike box would solve a lot of Pit's kill problems without tinkering too much with his character. The Dair already doesn't have much knock back on the spike as it is for the spikebox to be as small as it is (doesn't meteor until 90, which is what, by far the latest for a non-multihit spike?). Pit does not become a worse character with a more reliable spike.

And if not Pit, put it on Dark Pit which would actually make a lot of sense.

2. Pit has one of the laggiest FSmashes in the game, to the point where it's unusable outside of a very hard read. Reducing endlag doesn't make it Meta Knight level at all.

3. Hey, he said be greedy. I use arrows in the neutral a lot, so my game would personally benefit greatly by being able to shoot more in that area of play

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
1. Pit would benefit far more from having a reliable kill spike than "combo Dair". We already have three aerials that combo into themselves easily. Widening the spike box would solve a lot of Pit's kill problems without tinkering too much with his character. The Dair already doesn't have much knock back on the spike as it is for the spikebox to be as small as it is (doesn't meteor until 90, which is what, by far the latest for a non-multihit spike?). Pit does not become a worse character with a more reliable spike.

And if not Pit, put it on Dark Pit which would actually make a lot of sense.

2. Pit has one of the laggiest FSmashes in the game, to the point where it's unusable outside of a very hard read. Reducing endlag doesn't make it Meta Knight level at all.

3. Hey, he said be greedy. I use arrows in the neutral a lot, so my game would personally benefit greatly by being able to shoot more in that area of play
1) Hmmm I agree having a stronger spike would be reaaaally nice and would help alot with killing. Having a bigger spike hitbox is something easily solved with good ol' precision I really see no need for a buff there. Having a combo dair and spike gives his dair depth and more utility just takes more skill for more reward. Reliably landing the spike is no issue. Reliably killing with it....yeah a buff would be nice to the kill power. Also we do not have three other aerials that link easily into each other, if we did pretty sure we'd be alot higher on the tier list I mean one of the reasons PM pit is so good was that he could easily chain fairs and uairs, or just look at shiek's fair or ZSS' uair.....yeah we don't have anything like that although I would like it :3

2) depends on how much endlag you reduce. I guess reducing it enough so that it's safe when spaced is reasonable and would actually be really good. Just not metaknight levels of cooldown such that it becomes a frame 10 spammable kill move for us.

3) PK Gaming PK Gaming shouldn't have said be greedy xP I'm just ignoring that bit because if I was greedy I'd probs end up creating something far worse than :metaknight:

I'm imagining Pit with arrows that stunned or spiked rn....:awesome:

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit's Fsmash isn't even that laggy... Comparing the first hit to Marth's Fsmash it's only got 7 frames more of endlag. Comparing the second hit to Marth's Fsmash it's like 4 frames faster.

I mean, I don't see why it should have less endlag. It trades good endlag for good start-up. Pit already has a smash attack with good endlag: Dsmash 2. Dsmash 2 has frame data comparable to MK's Fsmash, though it comes out slightly faster and has a bit more endlag.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
If side b had like, 50 frames less end lag it would be hilarious.

Someone mod that in pls

*Promises not to disappear again* *Disappears*

Whoops.

EDIT: This is probably a bad time to intrude. I apologize.
Gurl, there is no bad times in intrude in the Pit social :secretkpop:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I want to play Pokken so badly. If only I cared about Pokemon :p

Edit: this means I won't get it.
Our struggles
Pit's Fsmash isn't even that laggy... Comparing the first hit to Marth's Fsmash it's only got 7 frames more of endlag. Comparing the second hit to Marth's Fsmash it's like 4 frames faster.

I mean, I don't see why it should have less endlag. It trades good endlag for good start-up. Pit already has a smash attack with good endlag: Dsmash 2. Dsmash 2 has frame data comparable to MK's Fsmash, though it comes out slightly faster and has a bit more endlag.
Down Smash is life

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Who do you plan on maining in Pokken?

I don't think i'll get the game anytime soon, but if I did i'd go with Garchomp

HARDBODY DRAGON, BABY, ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
CHOMPY CHOMPY and LancerStaff LancerStaff , I have a couple of questions on the Dthrow follow up.

When is it most optimal to follow DThrow up with DAir? When is it most optimal to follow up with UAir? When s it most optimal to follow up with BAir? USmash? I've seen Pits use all four of these follow-ups but so far I'm not completely sure why one is preferable over the other besides my personal experiences; USmash guarantees the most damage safely, DAir is less likely to land but you can follow up with a second one if mixed correctly, which would lead to the most damage. UAir seems like it's really most optimal only at higher percents. Any comments you two could make?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
CHOMPY CHOMPY and LancerStaff LancerStaff , I have a couple of questions on the Dthrow follow up.

When is it most optimal to follow DThrow up with DAir? When is it most optimal to follow up with UAir? When s it most optimal to follow up with BAir? USmash? I've seen Pits use all four of these follow-ups but so far I'm not completely sure why one is preferable over the other besides my personal experiences; USmash guarantees the most damage safely, DAir is less likely to land but you can follow up with a second one if mixed correctly, which would lead to the most damage. UAir seems like it's really most optimal only at higher percents. Any comments you two could make?
I know you asked other people, but I might as well help, too:

D-air and u-smash at low percents.
U-air at higher percents.
B-air I find an overrated followup as it can be annoying to sweetspot it and it really doesn't deal anymore damage than u-smash, but if you can perfect pivot it then I guess it can work at low percents.
Really it's just a matter of personal preference and the character's weight, gravity, fall speed, size, etc.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Tito Maas Tito Maas (I know you didn't ask me but hopefully I can still be of help)
Sensane Sensane
I almost never use dthrow > usmash anymore. I either go dthrow dair or bair, you really don't have to perfect pivot (just do a turnaround bair) to land bair and the sweetspot is massive. Dthrow bair and dair give the most option for followups, if they DI away dthrow > bair works best and if they DI in dthrow > dair works best. Dair and Bair work best from low to mid percents. Dthrow > usmash is sub optimal but it is the most reliable. After a certain percent you will be pretty much restricted to uair (mid-high percents) but if they DI down and/or away to avoid uair you can still go for usmash and at higher percents bair (near the ledge this'll kill on some characters around 80% ish).

Usmash and Uair can lead to juggles whilst Dair and Bair have more combo potential (dair leading to true combos and bair putting you in a good position for a followup) and can lead to stage control. Since you main Dark Pit imo you probably want stage control because of the electroshock and Pit is slightly better at juggling due to arrows and doesn't mind too much about stage control since his upperdash kills the same everywhere. Like Sensane said, your pick really. Personally I get alot of mileage out of bair and dair.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Use down throw to dair to nair

and if you miss say **** it and do down throw to usmash just cause

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
The problem with Dthrow to Usmash are three reasons

1) Doesn't work on floaties after 20%
2) Stales your up smash for when you want to get in on those kills.
3) There are other follow up moves that deal more percentage.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The problem with Dthrow to Usmash are three reasons

2) Stales your up smash for when you want to get in on those kills.
I remember Nairo saying he doesn't do d throw to up smash for this specific reason

:150:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Did he mention that on his stream?
no he didn't say it himself. The commentators at the KTAR (Where tweek went on his first tear with Cloud) mentioned he had said that.

and if you look at his play, he never uses it.

:150:

Top Bottom