• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit is second to last and Duck Hunt third to last. There is nothing bias about it. It's pure statistics, no more no less.
I don't give a damn about that; I'm talking about this

E-: :4lucina::4charizard::4drmario::4pacman::4olimar::4duckhunt::4zelda:-This monstrosity

Considering you posted this, you should've known what I was talking about(your "teaching how to read tables" comment ain't gonna do nothing about Duck Hunt; I know you and other people don't think he's ultra good and all that but come the hell on)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But with the Pit/Dark Pit thing

1. I could've sworn you always believed that neither Pit is better than the other...
2. One 1st place win and more usage in a whole month=/=more wins and usage in general

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
I don't give a damn about that; I'm talking about this

E-: :4lucina::4charizard::4drmario::4pacman::4olimar::4duckhunt::4zelda:-This monstrosity

Considering you posted this, you should've known what I was talking about(your "teaching how to read tables" comment ain't gonna do nothing about Duck Hunt; I know you and other people don't think he's ultra good and all that but come the hell on)
Considering that the table is the main thing on that post... Yeah, ofc I should have known.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering that the table is the main thing on that post... Yeah, ofc I should have known.
And considering I said Duck Hunt was put onto the 2nd to last placement...yeah you should've known(after all you posted the whole comment. If you only wanted the table, than you could've just easily deleted the rest)

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
But with the Pit/Dark Pit thing

1. I could've sworn you always believed that neither Pit is better than the other...
2. One 1st place win and more usage in a whole month=/=more wins and usage in general
1. Idk what my opinions have to do with this table.
2. You can draw your own conclusions about it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. Idk what my opinions have to do with this table.
2. You can draw your own conclusions about it.
1. You used the table to back you up, and you're always downvoting Duck Hunt in the community tier list
2. My conclusions is that neither is better than the other, but people on the internet will always say otherwise; whether it's because of bias, edginess, or no edge. I would LOVE to continue this "lovely" conversation, but I got this thing called homework to get back to.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Duck hunt is pretty underrated imo. I understand his flaws, but that one table REALLY underestimates him. I should get back to using duck hunt sometime.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Duck hunt is pretty underrated imo. I understand his flaws, but that one table REALLY underestimates him. I should get back to using duck hunt sometime.
1. Thank You
2. How do you feel about North and South Korea(s)?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Looooooool guys come on

This page is literally so confusing. Why are we talking about 2 different tables?

Duck Hunt is pretty flawed. Doesnt really have a reliable kill option besides uair. Up b is pretty gimpable. And probably some other reasons that I dont know.

And why does everyone keep thinking that Dark Pit mains are edgy memers smh

Korea has good food

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Walking jab 1 > smash is kinda funky... Some characters are really good at avoiding both options, some aren't. Sheik for example can avoid basically everything by double jumping away. Falling down and shielding can be effective too, but it also seems kinda inconsistent.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Looooooool guys come on

This page is literally so confusing. Why are we talking about 2 different tables?

Duck Hunt is pretty flawed. Doesnt really have a reliable kill option besides uair. Up b is pretty gimpable. And probably some other reasons that I dont know.

And why does everyone keep thinking that Dark Pit mains are edgy memers smh

Korea has good food
Dark Pit mains are called edgy because of the internet and Uprising

But which Korea would you rather spend an entire year in?

momochii

Smash Rookie
Dark Pit mains are called edgy because of the internet and Uprising

But which Korea would you rather spend an entire year in?
Don't forget that awesome theme and sombrero jokes aside south is the way to go.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I just leave this here.
Okay, I can honestly say who ever wrote that is a complete dumb ***

How the **** can Corrin be Top Level material and not Pit?!

Also, where the hell is Link on the results table?!?!

:135:

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Okay, I can honestly say who ever wrote that is a complete dumb ***

How the **** can Corrin be Top Level material and not Pit?!

Also, where the hell is Link on the results table?!?!

Uh... They're results. This is about as objective a tier list you can make, though I believe it's not including anything from Japan, and the Pits are a bit lower then they would be together.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Uh... They're results. This is about as objective a tier list you can make, though I believe it's not including anything from Japan, and the Pits are a bit lower then they would be together.
But that wasn't my point.

People seriously can't think that Corrin is Top and not Pit. It's just dumb. Also, Where is Link? Last time I check, he was extremely popular (though he doesn't get many results)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But that wasn't my point.

People seriously can't think that Corrin is Top and not Pit. It's just dumb. Also, Where is Link? Last time I check, he was extremely popular (though he doesn't get many results)

You smart

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Never posted here even though KI:U is my 3rd favorite game of all time, but I feel like changing things up.

Domo~

So this has been on my mind for a while, but I figure i'd ask you all. Is everyone here satisfied with Pit's moveset in Smash 4? Prior to this game's release, he was my most anticipated character, and i'd say he came out pretty good. How about you?

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte

Pit really isn't top tier at all; Kamui has some high killing power, including a stupidly powerful counter. Also, when was the last time you checked Link's popularity? That was like in the japanese 3ds days; now he has very low representation. Not saying that representation makes or even affects a character, because it really doesn't *cough cough* Roy *cough cough*, but people are slowly realizing that Link's recovery and mobility really hinder him (though to be fair this is by far his best appearance yet, even if he was considered sub par at best throughout the series excluding PM).

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
That's a bit of a fallacy because Pit players in the US are awful rare...
Because he's not really all that viable unless you're Earth. Or at least there's not a reason to pick him over another character.

Never posted here even though KI:U is my 3rd favorite game of all time, but I feel like changing things up.

Domo~

So this has been on my mind for a while, but I figure i'd ask you all. Is everyone here satisfied with Pit's moveset in Smash 4? Prior to this game's release, he was my most anticipated character, and i'd say he cameo out pretty good. How about you?
I don't really like it because it's a downgrade to his Brawl iteration and with Dark Pit's inclusion, it would have been more beneficial to the pair for Pit to retain his Brawl moveset with Dark Pit representing KI:U with Smash 4 Pit's moveset (except trade the Upperdash for Electroarm).

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Because he's not really all that viable unless you're Earth. Or at least there's not a reason to pick him over another character.

I don't really like it because it's a downgrade to his Brawl iteration and with Dark Pit's inclusion, it would have been more beneficial to the pair for Pit to retain his Brawl moveset with Dark Pit representing KI:U with Smash 4 Pit's moveset (except trade the Upperdash for Electroarm).
Pit has players in Japan though. Overseas he's been stuck in the "people don't play him because people don't play him" rut.

I think I've explained why Brawl Pit doesn't really work... If you took Brawl Pit and scrapped the OP parts you'd end up with a useless husk like Falco.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Pit really isn't top tier at all; Kamui has some high killing power, including a stupidly powerful counter. Also, when was the last time you checked Link's popularity? That was like in the japanese 3ds days; now he has very low representation. Not saying that representation makes or even affects a character, because it really doesn't *cough cough* Roy *cough cough*, but people are slowly realizing that Link's recovery and mobility really hinder him (though to be fair this is by far his best appearance yet, even if he was considered sub par at best throughout the series excluding PM).
Yeah, but really even though I haven't played Corrin, just looking even if he is Top Tier, there is no way his above say Falcon. And yes I know Pit isn't Top either, but my point was looking at Corrin, he just really doesn't seem Top to me.

Please don't speak about Roy's representation ;-;

Also, I remember check a tally here on Smashboards (I saw it on Facebook. Not sure how old it was) that had Link at I thin either top 8 or top 16 for usage.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Truth be told, I didn't really like his Brawl moveset all that much and I would have been unhappy if all of his awesome KI:U gear was only usable by Dark Pit. Upperdash arm and Guardian Orbiters were my favorite weapons of their respective weapon class, so i'm really glad they got in. I also vastly prefer his new Up B considering his old one made him look like a vulture.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Oh come on, his Brawl moveset wasn't even that good. Angel Ring was practically useless and Wings of Icarus couldn't even be reusable after getting hit. His arrows were good, though.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
You know what I think this thread needs? A change of topic lol. So, why are you all doom and gloom all the time, Pittoo? :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think a better question is why are you so annoyingly cheerful.
Pit: Because unlike an edgy little **** like you Pittoo, I eat a healthy dose of Booty'O cereal

Booty-O's, they make sure you ain't booty

Top Bottom