• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Soon, me :]

Also wish me luck tomorrow. Big tournament tomorrow.
Show no mercy...and eat as much cake as you can. Incase of celebration for Pit's future.
Kallafax or whatever his name is. Earth is a Japanese player but I've only ever been able to find two videos of him, one of which is a video of him getting bodied by ZSS on 3DS.
I'll try to find that video, not the bodied one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Found some general tech for ya' guys. Now the grab button is actually a macro for attack (1 frame) and shield as long as it's held. This can be utilized in situations where we don't want to hold attack. If you crouch and immediately cancel it into a dsmash it won't charge at all and thus come out quicker, although you can't press it as quick as you'd press a normal attack button because you'll end up grabbing. Cancel a jump with grab and you'll usmash, but again you have to be careful with the timing. Then you can use it for jabs that automatically progress when holding attack, like to only use one cycle of a jab infinite.

And the Arms break shields at about half, like I said. I actually have no clue if they deal extra shield damage... Fsmash does 12ish% and the Arms 11ish% and it looks about the same. Then I compared it to a bunch of other things and it looked similar. Smash 4 shields are just weak from the looks of it.

Back to the KO% project for me. Or sleep.
You can never sleep again. Instead, you'll use your knowledge and Sakurai's love for Pit against him, and have all his moves kill at .1%

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Everything but the customs...

Dsmash
195%, 164% (front, sour)
________164%, 137% (front, sweet)
________162%, 132% (back, sour)
________________136%, 104% (back, sweet)

Ever get the feeling Sakurai is messing with you in specific?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Everything but the customs...

Dsmash
195%, 164% (front, sour)
________164%, 137% (front, sweet)
________162%, 132% (back, sour)
________________136%, 104% (back, sweet)

Ever get the feeling Sakurai is messing with you in specific?
He always messes with us one way or another.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Found some general tech for ya' guys. Now the grab button is actually a macro for attack (1 frame) and shield as long as it's held. This can be utilized in situations where we don't want to hold attack. If you crouch and immediately cancel it into a dsmash it won't charge at all and thus come out quicker, although you can't press it as quick as you'd press a normal attack button because you'll end up grabbing. Cancel a jump with grab and you'll usmash, but again you have to be careful with the timing. Then you can use it for jabs that automatically progress when holding attack, like to only use one cycle of a jab infinite.
uh I must be an idiot cus I'm not completely understanding

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Upperdash Arm
136%, 136% (grounded)
181%, 181% (aerial)

Interception Arm
111%, 111% (grounded)
150%, 150% (aerial)

Quickdash Arm
216%, 157% (grounded)
294%, 222% (aerial)

Yeah, the Arm customs suck. Interception barely outranges jab if you reverse-reverse it, and offstage it's no good because it pops the opponent up.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
Thought of something we all could do if we're really bored.

*All Pit (coordinate colours so we don't get confused)
*Whoever's running the rules turns on handicap, and sets everyone to 300%.
*Timed match, about 5 minutes.
*Stat boosts/equipment aren't allowed; custom moves are fine.
*All items off except Food and Party Balls on High.
*Palutena's Temple, regular form.
*First to get their damage back down to 0% wins.
*You are allowed to attack and KO the other players.
*If nobody is at 0% when time's up, closest to zero wins.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thought of something we all could do if we're really bored.

*All Pit (coordinate colours so we don't get confused)
*Whoever's running the rules turns on handicap, and sets everyone to 300%.
*Timed match, about 5 minutes.
*Stat boosts/equipment aren't allowed; custom moves are fine.
*All items off except Food and Party Balls on High.
*Palutena's Temple, regular form.
*First to get their damage back down to 0% wins.
*You are allowed to attack and KO the other players.
*If nobody is at 0% when time's up, closest to zero wins.
I would do this in a heartbeat. This and an all Kid Icarus battle

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone up to play? Need a long break from For Glory...a long long break.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah, I've never heard of this site before you linked it to me.
ANTHERS 202.png
Red is for the games you want to play. Currently I only have Wii U requests filtered 'cause I suck at 3DS :3

Orange is where they live. Red means pretty far away while the brighter the colour, closer they are. Green is the closest

Yellow is the peps asking for matches. Just click on the logo to automatically challenge them

Green is the chat. It's kinda useless and you don't have to use it

Dark blue is the rank. You have to fight 8 ranked matches first before you can get a rank

Light blue is all the cool stuff where you can choos your mains, themes, and look at ranks

Purple is the system ( I guess). Friendlies doesn't count to your records while ranked does. Featured Streams show which streams are there for you

Gray is the people

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Red is for the games you want to play. Currently I only have Wii U requests filtered 'cause I suck at 3DS :3

Orange is where they live. Red means pretty far away while the brighter the colour, closer they are. Green is the closest

Yellow is the peps asking for matches. Just click on the logo to automatically challenge them

Green is the chat. It's kinda useless and you don't have to use it

Dark blue is the rank. You have to fight 8 ranked matches first before you can get a rank

Light blue is all the cool stuff where you can choos your mains, themes, and look at ranks

Purple is the system ( I guess). Friendlies doesn't count to your records while ranked does. Featured Streams show which streams are there for you

Gray is the people
Got it, thanks. Might use it sometime

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I will guarantee you it's 1000x better than FG

The people there are nice unlike FG
I hope so. I wonder why they even allowed the name thing in the first place

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just be nice to them and they'll be nice to you~

And try to give them tips on MU's, talk and make jokes :happysheep:
Once again, I have faith in you. For Glory players always think they're good when they roll around, shield, and be try hards.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Once again, I have faith in you. For Glory players always think they're good when they roll around, shield, and be try hards.
Oh and the people there are actually legit good, not scrubs

You'll definitely get some pointers there :happysheep:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Rage effects moves with fixed knockback. Fairly common knowledge... One would think this would only ever be a hindrance. Have a look:
See what I'm getting at? And since combos gained through rage aren't effected by the opponent's % combined with Pit's durability and quick KO moves, we might have proper KO setups off of Nair and Fair. If not, later combos are nice.
:happysheep:

I'll probably have gone through everything this time tomorrow. Keep an ear out.

Edit: Actually, it's really hard to test with one person. Doesn't help that the handicap doesn't seem to induce rage... Being able to fast fall properly would be grand, especially since it adds even more KB from momentum. Nair looks like it has tons of potential for mixups at least, Fair not so much. Uair I really can't test. I'll get somebody to help me tomorrow.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rage effects moves with fixed knockback. Fairly common knowledge... One would think this would only ever be a hindrance. Have a look:
See what I'm getting at? And since combos gained through rage aren't effected by the opponent's % combined with Pit's durability and quick KO moves, we might have proper KO setups off of Nair and Fair. If not, later combos are nice.
:happysheep:

I'll probably have gone through everything this time tomorrow. Keep an ear out.

Edit: Actually, it's really hard to test with one person. Doesn't help that the handicap doesn't seem to induce rage... Being able to fast fall properly would be grand, especially since it adds even more KB from momentum. Nair looks like it has tons of potential for mixups at least, Fair not so much. Uair I really can't test. I'll get somebody to help me tomorrow.
U gonna need sleep

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
U gonna need sleep
My insomnia keeps me up anyway... Most of the time. If I'm not here late at night then I'm chatting with friends. Past few days have been later then usual, but not really that much.

Silly things like this have kept me up in the past, so I'm better off getting it over with. Thankfully if it's something I can't feasibly do it won't stay in my mind and I'll rest easy.

Top Bottom