• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
For Pit talk, I've been having some relative edge guarding success firing an arrow while chasing them off stage to bait an air dodge then fair. Since aerial arrows recover a lot faster is this actually a frame trap/air dodge trap LancerStaff LancerStaff ? I feel like I've seen this talked about before but I'm too lazy to go back and look for it.
It's simple math. Aerial arrows have 20 frames of endlag and Fair comes out f11. Assuming anybody but Mewtwo ADs at the last possible moment right when the arrow comes out, they'll be stuck in endlag when the Fair comes out. It's really tight though... Arrow > Nair, not so much. Dair > Nair is also effective, and that's usually what I end up using.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
At my tourney I faced one of the best Palutena players in the country I think. I also got to talk to Mr. R; he's a really cool guy.
Aw, that's super cool talking to one of the best smashers. Where do you live? Somewhere in Europe?
Edit:is Nair our worst air move
Nope, DEF not

I would put utilt or Dark Pit's arrows as one of the worst; but they still are use-able. Tbh the angels don't really have that obvious "bad" move unlike some low tiers

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Aw, that's super cool talking to one of the best smashers. Where do you live? Somewhere in Europe?

Nope, DEF not

I would put utilt or Dark Pit's arrows as one of the worst; but they still are use-able. Tbh the angels don't really have that obvious "bad" move unlike some low tiers
O I meant AIR move

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Koib's aerial tier list based on faves~

SS: nair
A: bair
A-: dair
B-: fair

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
There's really no worst air move on the Pits...

Nair is our safest aerial going by raw numbers, to a ridiculous point if we cross-up an opponent's shield. Least start-up. Most active frames out of all our aerials, and has the best active frames to commitment ratio too. Not many true combos but good for juggles.

Fair is one of the longest reaching aerials in the game, it's safe, good active frames, and kills though late.

Bair similarly has long reach, kills the quickest out of any aerial, does the most damage, and is the safest option if an autocancel isn't an option.

Uair is strong, has great active frames, it's great for juggles and can kill at not completely unreachable percents. Also true combos into Usmash, though it's not safe to just attempt.

Dair is also strong, can true combo into any other aerial including itself, spikes, acts like a Bair, Dair and Fair all at once, and ends within a shorthop.

IDK, Dair is the only one I could live without since it's sort of redundant, but at the same time it's really versatile too.

krazySyko

Smash Cadet
It's simple math. Aerial arrows have 20 frames of endlag and Fair comes out f11. Assuming anybody but Mewtwo ADs at the last possible moment right when the arrow comes out, they'll be stuck in endlag when the Fair comes out. It's really tight though... Arrow > Nair, not so much. Dair > Nair is also effective, and that's usually what I end up using.
Thanks! I'm still learning a lot about Smash frame data, it's a lot different compared to looking at Tekken's, which I feel by comparison is simpler (there's mostly just startup, and frame advantage/disadvantage on block/hit/counterhit) but there's a TON of it to look at due to how many moves the average character has.

I'll have to try out arrow > nair and dair > nair. Also, would the range at which you fired the arrow affect anything? Since they'd have to airdodge it slightly later depending on where you shot from, while your endlag from an arrow would always start at the same time. Would still not have to be too far so you could be in range for an aerial or jump/aerial towards them.

On the subject of aerials in general I need to work in incorporating dair/bair into my game more, and just realizing the best situation for each one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
... I have no comment.
You commented
There's really no worst air move on the Pits...

Nair is our safest aerial going by raw numbers, to a ridiculous point if we cross-up an opponent's shield. Least start-up. Most active frames out of all our aerials, and has the best active frames to commitment ratio too. Not many true combos but good for juggles.

Fair is one of the longest reaching aerials in the game, it's safe, good active frames, and kills though late.

Bair similarly has long reach, kills the quickest out of any aerial, does the most damage, and is the safest option if an autocancel isn't an option.

Uair is strong, has great active frames, it's great for juggles and can kill at not completely unreachable percents. Also true combos into Usmash, though it's not safe to just attempt.

Dair is also strong, can true combo into any other aerial including itself, spikes, acts like a Bair, Dair and Fair all at once, and ends within a shorthop.

IDK, Dair is the only one I could live without since it's sort of redundant, but at the same time it's really versatile too.
Well dair is the worst confirmed

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Thanks! I'm still learning a lot about Smash frame data, it's a lot different compared to looking at Tekken's, which I feel by comparison is simpler (there's mostly just startup, and frame advantage/disadvantage on block/hit/counterhit) but there's a TON of it to look at due to how many moves the average character has.

I'll have to try out arrow > nair and dair > nair. Also, would the range at which you fired the arrow affect anything? Since they'd have to airdodge it slightly later depending on where you shot from, while your endlag from an arrow would always start at the same time. Would still not have to be too far so you could be in range for an aerial or jump/aerial towards them.

On the subject of aerials in general I need to work in incorporating dair/bair into my game more, and just realizing the best situation for each one.
Most of the time I'd say you wouldn't even need it an less your opponent DI behind you so your good

Edit:I just tested regular pits side B and it didn't kill cloud until 150 I think this could really use a buff

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Also, would the range at which you fired the arrow affect anything? Since they'd have to airdodge it slightly later depending on where you shot from, while your endlag from an arrow would always start at the same time. Would still not have to be too far so you could be in range for an aerial or jump/aerial towards them.
Yep. If not for that honestly I don't think you could of successfully beat out an AD with arrow > fair.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Dair is my favourite :| It's like our best combo move. To be fair I love all Pit's aerials you can't really classify one as worse than another when they all are useful in their own ways. If you're comparing a move between different characters then that's a different story.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Dair is my favourite :| It's like our best combo move. To be fair I love all Pit's aerials you can't really classify one as worse than another when they all are useful in their own ways. If you're comparing a move between different characters then that's a different story.
That's what I was saying

Edit:does clouds down tilt beat our side B I just fought a Cloud and he broke through everytime

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
That's what I was saying
I always thought it went
1.Dair
2.Bair
3.Fair
4.Nair
What do you guys think Sensane Sensane LancerStaff LancerStaff
:rolleyes: (unless you meant the part about dair being your favourite only.)
I think it was more what Koiba and Lancer was saying lol, I realised got :4greninja:'d

Also I couldn't find one of these vids around, so I decided to make one. I thought all Pit mains already knew this but apparently some still don't :/, Should I make a separate thread for this? Sure we have the frame data on KH but some people are reading it wrong.

Clearing some misconceptions.
-Dark Pit's arrows are slightly faster than Pit's.
-Pit's arrows last longer.
-They have the same amount of startup and endlag.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
We doing favourite Aerials?

1. Uair
2. Nair
3. Fair
4. Dair
5. Bair

But i kind of using all the same

m8.

(Though seriously, I apologise for my absence, I've had literally NO Internet connection for the last few weeks ;-; Though, to be fair, it has given me time to get better at KI:U. I can actually use a weapon that isn't claws now! And I've S-ranked every level on Sonic Generations... I have no regrets.)
Mad'am!!!

Welcome back :D

(and i'm still yet to play Sonic Generations ;-;)

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I think it was more what Lancer was saying lol, I realised got :4greninja:'d

Also I couldn't find one of these vids around, so I decided to make one. I thought all Pit mains already knew this but apparently some still don't :/, Should I make a separate thread for this? Sure we have the frame data on KH but some people are reading it wrong.

Keep it between ughlse

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734

I think it was more what Koiba and Lancer was saying lol, I realised got :4greninja:'d

I still think it makes no sense that dark pits are faster

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I still think it makes no sense that dark pits are faster
Tbh it's not that much faster diffs aren't that noticeable

Maybe because Pit's arrows can be weaved around so it needs to be a bit slower and last longer so it can do that

Yeah, Cloud is positioned too low for us to actually hit him with a side b.
Really? I thought you can hit people that are crouching with side b

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Tbh it's not that much faster diffs aren't that noticeable

Maybe because Pit's arrows can be weaved around so it needs to be a bit slower and last longer so it can do that

Really? I thought you can hit people that are crouching with side b
I'm talking about video game logic you know stronger the slower

That's what I thought to but apparently cloud doesn't care lol

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah, Cloud is positioned too low for us to actually hit him with a side b.
Didn't know that was a thing...

*facepalm

Edit: Wait this is actually true?!?!

My life is a lie......

:135:
Wasn't aware anybody thought they were different in frame data. Pit's effectively has better frame data because he can use fullhop arrows to great effect.

Top Bottom