• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SK92(Falco) vs. Ken(Marth) Evo2k8

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Ken slaughtered SK92 in 14 seconds flat...without items.

Were all the stages legal? I know Ken (Marth) played an R.O.B. at Skyworld. Huge, huge disadvantage for Marth. Too bad Ken didn't win, but 2nd out of 150 or so isn't bad either.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ken slaughtered SK92 in 14 seconds flat...without items.

Were all the stages legal? I know Ken (Marth) played an R.O.B. at Skyworld. Huge, huge disadvantage for Marth. Too bad Ken didn't win, but 2nd out of 150 or so isn't bad either.
not all were banned they played on 75m and a few other crap stages including a special EVO stage

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
My god that guy screaming in the background is really annoying how can someone get that much excited about.. anything happening? >_> i liked the matched allthough

Uffe

Smash Hero
My god that guy screaming in the background is really annoying how can someone get that much excited about.. anything happening? >_> i liked the matched allthough
You'll have to forgive as he was having a Brawlgasm.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
items are the most ******** thing ever that could possibly be used in a tourney setting

overall skill? Lmao, plz./

but ken was still sick in that match,.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
This blows so much. I keep trying to imagine how great it would be if there weren't random items spawning everywhere throwing them off.

The only part worth seeing is Ken's awesome KO right at the beginning.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You could tell that Ken has practiced with items, and this was probably SK92's first time ever playing with items on.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
I liked the part where he was able to KO SK92 at less than 90% because he happened to get a charge gun.

Seriously, I think matches are really fun when random item spawns put you a stock ahead out of nowhere.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
This blows so much. I keep trying to imagine how great it would be if there weren't random items spawning everywhere throwing them off.

The only part worth seeing is Ken's awesome KO right at the beginning.
I liked the part where he was able to KO SK92 at less than 90% because he happened to get a charge gun.

Seriously, I think matches are really fun when random item spawns put you a stock ahead out of nowhere.
Am I the only 1 who sees something wrong with this line of posting? (Besides the KO part).

stevensteve

Smash Cadet
disappointing.

i thought ken was gonna revolutionize marth's play style; his ****'s the same as everyone else's. :/

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I personally would like to see these two face each other again with out items. You know, just for ***** and giggles

EPIC IRONY!! What'd make it better is if the Falco was Bombsoldier :laugh:
Apparently he has played brawl and he isn't to bad either its somewhere on youtube.

Adi

Smash Lord
Wow.. Evo turned on items.. including ones like cracker launchers? ****ing sad what smash has come to.

disappointing.

i thought ken was gonna revolutionize marth's play style; his ****'s the same as everyone else's. :/
It's hard to revolutionize something when you have so little to work with.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
I think the rumor is that Ken himself claimed he was going to revolutionize marth or something. I have no idea whether this is true or not though.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I actually really enjoyed that these matches. It appears to me that Smashballs might actually be fair, since they take a couple of hits to break. Strategy is actually involved.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
These matches were actually really good.

I'm not being sarcastic either. This is the way brawl should be played.
Due to Item matches I used more time sitting through Mooney's sig than both of those Matches Feat. Ken and SK92.

Still I was like LOL meleeeeeee in the first 15ish seconds of the first match.
good times...
good times...

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Due to Item matches I used more time sitting through Mooney's sig than both of those Matches Feat. Ken and SK92.

Still I was like LOL meleeeeeee in the first 15ish seconds of the first match.
good times...
good times...
My sig is pretty darn amazing.

Personally I'm all for items in Brawl. Its fun as hell.

The only thing about evos ruleset I didn't like was SHADOW MOSES ISLAND being legal.

So when I pick DDD you instantly lose game two or 3.

>_>

But yeah who the hell was this CPU guy that beat ken?

SBs are still horrible for serious play in my book...
But brawl ISN'T serious play.

Items make the matches a lot less longer. People actually die at 90 percent, which I don't mind at all. Infact, I'd rather that then have self implemented DI stop my opponent from dying, ever, thus making 90% a gimp.

Top Bottom