• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sing hugging

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I haven't read anything about this before so here it goes. Sometimes you want to grab the edge ASAP so you don't have time to jump/WD/WL/pound to the edge, before your foe does. Well you can dash towards the edge and the moment puff is going to slide off, do the up+B and you will slide off the stage and grab the edge. It kinda looks like hugging in Brawl.

If you mid-jump singing= you're too late
if you sing on the stage= you're too early

Try it in slo-mo first so you can observe when exactly you should sing.(or to see that this tech is actually possible)

It's pretty hard to get the timing right compared to the other characters that can do it(Link, Lynk, DK, and Shiek) But Jiggz grabs the edge MUCH faster.

Also Jigg'z sing is great to sweet spot the edge when recovering, the edge-grabbing-range goes a bit further, plus you can get ready to tech the edge during your sing.

Puff can also grab the edge backwards during it's sing, and it can't grab the edge if you're DIing down while singing.

This'll work greatly if mastered i would love to see the big pros messing around with this soon.

Smash Master
seems kinda risky. If you need to grab ledge that fast, your opponent might beat you there, and then you suicided with Jiggs, which is pretty much the epicest fail this game has to offer. I'm not seeing too much advantage over simply fairing the ledge.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I know it's risky and that there are better options, but it still IS a new tech (apparently) and the smash community should be aware of it.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
You ever consider that if they land on the stage, they might fall asleep from your sing? That's so top tier.

And since you just canceled it, zOMG! Sing infinite!

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
And set up for a rest :D( after the sing infinite) but when you do the sing hug correctly, puff will grab the edge before the sleepy notes pop out.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
What this is new? I do this all the time to even a higher level. j-puff is faster jumping sp put 2 an 2 together and you get a faster way and really j-puff should jump off with bair or something. I also use sing for recovery, it has a bit high reach than the normal grab on the stage and it works backwards.

But really I use sing to recover once i,m at the edge, it's better sweetspot

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace

Tamoo

Smash Master
ICG: nah this aint new at all, its been known for a very long time now, but jiggs players just dont bother using it. Its risky, in that its hard to perform very consistently, and if you do mess up, its death.
I learnt this technique but never use it, because there's usually an alternative that works. Im pretty sure I dont see ppl like hbox and mango using it either, so its definitely not necessary to her gameplay, but its a nice little trick.

HawaiianJ: He's hardly trolling man, ppl can go where they like lol

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
ICG: nah this aint new at all, its been known for a very long time now, but jiggs players just dont bother using it. Its risky, in that its hard to perform very consistently, and if you do mess up, its death.
I learnt this technique but never use it, because there's usually an alternative that works. Im pretty sure I dont see ppl like hbox and mango using it either, so its definitely not necessary to her gameplay, but its a nice little trick.

HawaiianJ: He's hardly trolling man, ppl can go where they like lol
It's just annoying how people come in here and spit out random crap that either 1. doesn't make sense or 2. is an "arrogant" post of how something is already known to them or easy to perform when it's clearly just to get their post count up.

Tamoo

Smash Master
well, what he said was true, the people b4 him went on about it like it was a brand new technique, ICG rectified that, although the rest of his post was unnecesary i guess :ohwell:

on topic: Fuzzyness taught me that its easier to do this if you press the b button a split second before the up button, to reduce the risk of jumping accidentally.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Sorry I,m stupid, have a great day. No wait that's limiting you from the perfect day, no perfect is a limit. Soo have the best day you can.

Top Bottom