• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Wolf's *New* Tech Skill Video...

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Wobbles post right there just made my head explode. Crazy that that stuff actually makes sense to otto.....

anyways my ideas.... do what wobbles just said all in lightning mode (you know you can XD)

Vall3y

Smash Lord
if you can do a drillshine infinite, but use the first hit of the uair instead of dair (its set knockback). same for fair but im not sure if its set too. you could also mix direction and stuff.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
with donkey kong, short hop into a turn around punch cancel and waveland backwards into a short hop turn around punch cancel waveland repeat etc.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Waveshine marth across FD who is DIng away from u, starting with a ledge hopped drill shine, into a shine spike on the other side that all combos in training mode (I have done this without AR just haven't made a vid of it). To do this you need to do Drill shine perfect WD into Dash into JC shine out of the initial Dash, and the JC shine needs to not leave the ground and then you WD outta the JC shine and repeat process across FD into shine spike (i've done this in tourney too). I would love to see it done by some one else and epically with AR so please include it, its something most people don't even understand And can let alone do. A benefit of learning to WD outta jc shines is to Shine out of shield into Waveshine combos like up smashes or grabs or jabs (however i can't do this consistently yet just sometimes.) So seeing you setup differen't chars / situaitons where you shine out of shield with fod to waveshine combos would be cool, like say peach dash attacks you *shine outta shield WD up smash* or something. I'll think of more stuff later.

Edit : thought of something else. Teching out of your forward + b into an instant forward b so basically like forward b into marths fsmash tipper Tech and do the bombslider instant forward b tech

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I don't actually think you can get the waveshine>shinespike to combo on marth. the stun time is reduced by more than half when he goes off the stage. But other than that, it is always fun. I waveshined an ICs in tourney the other day.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Only combos if you get it just right, although it doesn't have to combo, the vid would still be cool. :)

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Using the IASA frames on Marth's d-tilt to pivot more d-tilts is always pretty cool. You could also alternate between pivoting u-tilts and d-tilts, while dash dancing in between. That'd take a bit of practice, if nothing else.

You could also try some good old fashioned multishines. Doing a good 8-12 or so of them with Fox and Falco would be pretty impressive.

Wobbles I got 6 the other day :D

Eggm: i don't think I want any basic waveshine combos. maybe shine turn arounds on a peach or something.

Cups

Smash Ace
I really like seeing defensive tech skills, like Peach dsmashing on the edge and you teching the ledge many times and making an amazing recovery. That sh** is amazing. Good combos are good displays of technicality as well, some good Falcon (you told me you've been practicing him) combos, Sheik, Marth, Fox, Falco, everyone has some cool combos you could implement into your technical video. Man, even DK uair combos are pretty cool to me. Good luck.

GofG

Smash Champion
I want to see this with marth:

Dash dance. Pivot a dtilt. As soon as possible, go back into a dash dance, then pivot another dtilt as soon as possible. Repeat.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I think some one mentioned this already but doublewaveshines on like link or peach.
preferably peach.

I am in anticipation for this vid. you should get some organic raw cocao beans. or organic raw cocao powder and mix it with unsulphured blackstrap molasses organic kiwis and spring water. ............ and then drink it.
...........................................and then doublewaveshine a peach across FD

Giggidax

Smash Ace
hey silentwolf i have an idea for u. this is jus something i thought up when i was playing bored one day, but i couldnt do it like i want to cuz im not as good technically.

its just simple shine turn arounds on the ledge and from the stage basically.

like u run up to the ledge, shine > turn > wavedash on the ledge.
then u drop down from the ledge > shine > turn > wavedash back onto the stage
ull be facing the ledge when u come up from the ledge
and when u waveland back on the stage, u repeat the process. once u land on the stage jus shine>turn and then repeat.

wat do u think? it looks really cool if u can do it frame perfect
at least i think so

Fosho--

Mine actually might not be out for a while but who knows. It's not like I own these techs, so don't worry about using anything. :p

Giggadax, I mentioned that earlier in the thread actually. :D

Giggidax

Smash Ace
oh did u really?? darn! i thought i had come up with something cool for once.
itd be cool to see it in ur video tho, just improvise it a little more as well and then ull be lookin ultra technical
lol

edit: bah cant believe i was 1 page late on promoting that idea lol

Eggz

Smash Hero
7th at OC jajajajaja

just puttin that out there.

Silent Wolf and I will be working on this vid for the next few weeks. =D

Eci4

Smash Ace
Okay, so I saw this last night and I've been thinking about it...maybe on a 3 platform level, ledgecancel an illusion, step off the ledge, waveland the opposite direction (for spacing reasons, plus it looks cooler/smoother than just running back) and then ledgecancel an illusion on the other platform... Repeat a few times. I've been trying to do it today, but I can't get the spacing quite right.

I think maybe I butchered the description of that?

anyway, I am totally looking forward to this.

iight cool. but what if i have something that will be in your vid. you say you dont want anything done on video? look out for it silent wolf. hope i can come up to par with your godly sh*t. lol.
If it's in a video coming out when mine is in the process I'm not going to take it out of mine after doing it. :p

OTRU - FL is way too cool. I'd like to go back down there sometimes but it's so far. >.<

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
Are you pro?
If your talking about me..

Idk.... :psycho: I can say that I have "pro" tech skill tho....Im not "pro", just pretty good...For now hehe, we get better fast..

Im a NY smasher. The I.H.N.C. Crew, one of the top crews in NY nest to DA and KF lol.. We can beat pros but aren't pro and place really high at ny tournaments. Were trying and get individual combo videos. If that doesn't work, only some will have one or the whole crew will have one big one.

Ill get 4 stocked by everyone in this thread with under 2% I suck im sorry for showing off :ohwell:

WFL

Smash Journeyman
with donkey kong, short hop into a turn around punch cancel and waveland backwards into a short hop turn around punch cancel waveland repeat etc.
This actually isn't too bad. I was playing a few DK dittos with my friend and I pulled it off a couple of times in a row. It actually looks pretty crazy once you start doing it.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
6 Turnaround JC'ed shines? Yayhuzz.

Oh, do off the stage shines into turnaround, JC, back-air. It's a lot harder to do with Fox than with Falco, so it's fun when it works.

Ehh, I get the feeling he's looking at my suggestions going "what a newb" ;P

rysaN

Smash Cadet
you know zhu's phantasm stalls? you can do that but on the left edge of the stage. i figured out a way to do it on the right side, but i know it's **** near impossible to do it on the left stage. but i'm sure you can figure out a way, almighty silent wolf. :laugh:

you can also try shining then phantasm-ing into the edge. that'll look nasty.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Why is it any different doing it on the left vs the right? besides, it's like a hella easier version of the SWD.

Metà

Smash Master
hey silentwolf i have an idea for u. this is jus something i thought up when i was playing bored one day, but i couldnt do it like i want to cuz im not as good technically.

its just simple shine turn arounds on the ledge and from the stage basically.

like u run up to the ledge, shine > turn > wavedash on the ledge.
then u drop down from the ledge > shine > turn > wavedash back onto the stage
ull be facing the ledge when u come up from the ledge
and when u waveland back on the stage, u repeat the process. once u land on the stage jus shine>turn and then repeat.

wat do u think? it looks really cool if u can do it frame perfect
at least i think so
This is what I was talking about earlier.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Quintuple Knee Combo. Nothing gets better than the Knee Knee Knee Knee Knee combo registering in training mode (you might need to mess w/ weights/ damage ratios for this to even work...)

Edit: na, that's too sexy to ever be seen on video. You'll probably make ppls balls explode. You should stay away from that one.

I also don't have a name for this video...
Any ideas for that would be nice as well. Keep in mind it's not going to be all space animals. :p

Eci4

Smash Ace
Is there a reason why the last one was Frankenstein? Like what's the story behind the name?

You could just name the next one as another monster (yeah I know frankenstein wasn't the monster)
meh'...

thereaperX

Smash Cadet
if you could, try to do this sequence on just a non-moving marth (using fox):

short hop nair, landing behind him --> [[sh turn around drill--> waveshine, run forward a bit--> sh drill (landing behind him)--> reverse waveshine -->]] nair --> whatever you want to finish

[[--]] = essentially a repetition of fox's flatland drillshine infinite

the reason i like this sequence is because imo it highlights some of the aspects of fox's game that MOST fox players aren't too technically proficient in, such as getting off the ground as fast as possible after a sh aerial to do another aerial and getting perfectly fast, smooth waveshines.

i know you probably have to run forward a bit to catch marth with a drill from a waveshine but still try to make the waveshine as smooth and long as possible.

like the main parts of this sequence that i'd like to see perfect are gettin the sh drill off as fast as possible after the initial nair.

i think it'd be nice to see a fox do this flawlessly, and i think you're the fox to get the job done.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Actually, MoFo's the fox to get that done perfectly. He practically already has. Although he didn't start it w/ a nair (he could easily have). Nor did he finish w/ say a nair>usmash (but that's the easy part).

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
On top platform yoshi story as Sheik. Full jump reverse needle cancel -> reverse needle cancel -> Reverse waveland (so you land on the next platform) -> Reverse needle cancel -> Waveland (so you slide off into the center of the stage) -> Reverse Needle Cancel -> Reverse waveland -> Reverse U-tilt.

If you could fast fall all the wavelanded drops with the reverse needle cancels, that would be the total hotness.

I'll edit in your facing direction later.

Top Bottom