• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Wolf's *New* Tech Skill Video...

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Silentwolf, I've been playing smash with the goal of becoming very technical for the past 2-3 years and I'm no where near as good as you(Probably because I can never go to tournaments/smashfest). Mofo and SDM's Adventure were technical inspirations for me and now you are. How long did it take you to become this technical, what drove you to do this, and what methods do you have for learning all these ridiculous combinations of fox tech skill?

Btw, my hand hurts when I train with straight up repetition D:

also...every fox that you play seems to grow in tech skill exponentially(eggz, genesis), I'd love to play you over a long period of time :O

edit: Mofo really doesnt cover my inspirations. I had like a 4 gig fox video folder organized by person that I got off dc++ with m2k, cunningkitsune, chinesah, pc, zelgadis, varietybarrage, km,dsf and some other fox players back then...

My inspirations for fox were SDMs vids, mew2king, and varietybarrage (at first).
also Zelgadis is the reason I started paying Fox again.
It hasn't even been 2 years since my first tournament though.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Well. how do you practice these techniques? Any particular methods? Oh, and I had some video ideas on the first page or something if you didn't catch that >.>

oh yeah, I really like the pillaring with every character idea, it gives you attack combinations to think about :D

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Waveshine Peach across FD using double shines.

Perfect SHL against crouching Kirby...

Drop from ledge. Shine turn around. Jump to edge waveland. Shine turn around. Reverse wavedash to edgehog. Repeat until fingers fall off.

Pivoted utilts...pivoted edgehogs...

Samus SHFFLMC, at least five times in a row.

Good luck.

Edit- **** it all but most of this has already been mentioned. Oh well. But if you do anything I can do then I'll be sad...until I realize I can do stuff that Silent Wolf thinks is impressive enough to put in a tech video. Then I'll be happy. :)

Elen

Smash Lord
Throw in something involving shield drops, no impact drops, and PC drops (check out Phanna's Platforms 101 video for those that are unaware of these techs) Just something a little different ^.^

Multishine waveshines are cool too, though not quite as original. (I'm sure they've been mentioned already as I havn't read the whole thread ;))

Edit: It was mentioned above me, in fact :O

Double edit: Finally read the whole thread. Just saw your thinking about dropping this :( In my humble opinion, people would rather see a tech video out of you more than anything else. Combo videos are overdone ;_; Your call though ^^

Ronin686

Smash Ace
On Kongo Jungle with fox, at the rock at the right side of the stage:

Grab onto the ledge, drop, shine, turnaround in shine, jump cancel, waveland backwards on the rock and edgehog on the other side. Repeat.

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if these were mentioned yet, but...

Do multiple Nair pillars with Peach on the opponent's shield. (Float Nair, double jab- repeat) If you do them fast enough the opponent can't grab out of the shield and its just like a Fox's pillar.

(If you want to see this done to get the idea of what I'm talking about, I think XIF does them a bunch)

Also Firefox stall with Fox on Brinstar and do it while underneath the lava. If you keep your invincibility perfectly, the lava can't hurt you. But you have to be really frame perfect and memorize the timing since you won't be able to see Fox while he is under the lava.

Foward B stall on the ledge so that you keep your invincibilty. Use bowser's Firebreath to make sure that you are keeping your invincibility perfectly.

Waveshine some characters back and forth so that they are trapped in one place while you waveshine infinite them.(as opposed to just waveshining across the stage, you actually wavedash past the character you have shined so that you are on the other side of them and knock them backwards, than reverse waveshine past them and knock them forwards, and repeat)

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
Silent Wolf I don't know if it has been suggested or not, but why not split screen this vid.
Left Screen your tech skill vid, and on the right, a video of your finger movement on the controller, while your doing each part of the video. If not split screen, do the controller and your hands in like a Picture in Picture type thing, out of the way.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
silent wolf. you should do multiple ledgehop back airs with bowser, or fall of the ledge fairs with bowser over and over.

oh wait i know, something i'm actually better than you at thats technical (ooooooooo ouch)

ganon's ledgedash.

amirite?! ganon's ledgedash into reverse pivot dtilt pl0x.

Vro

Smash Lord
dorakii's (sp?) instant walljump double lasers + return on fd with falco x2

chain throw an evading falcon with jigglypuff =p

i dunno why, but i want to see the fastest fox doing the big blue course in adventure. fox trotting and all the jazz =D, falco wave'surfing' if possible too =D

smash di in multiple directions on yoshi's story by use of shyguys from ganon's uptilt

using only yourself, control 2 falcons to run, jump, reverse falcon punch a boswer simultaneously =p
or using bowser, 'half circle' di from the two punches.. i don't even know what direction you would go.. and which direction to di.. =O

i remember nigzel doing the 'laser infinite' on link in perfect control 2. waveshine, shdl, waveshine (he used ar i believe)

can you waveshine or pillar (fox or falco) two shields and break both =O that'd be godly..

fox - dash dance + wavedash dancing + shines + lasers? maybe?

dunno if it's possible, using kirby on jungle japes up b from ledge to ledge

falco multishining gigabowser =)

sorry for the insane list.. including some stuff that's not even technical.

D

Deleted member

requesting shine to bair, no WD, both in the air and on the ground.

also requesting the 2 flatland infinites that work on link w/o WD. drill shine drill shine drill shine etc and shine SHL shine SHL etc.

Anything I would think a lot of people have never thought of, I keep to myself, so no one else tries to master them before me. >>

but like I said, if anything, I'm prolly going to make a combo vid.

Nata

Smash Apprentice
Anything I would think a lot of people have never thought of, I keep to myself, so no one else tries to master them before me. >>

but like I said, if anything, I'm prolly going to make a combo vid.
hehe okey all i can say is good luck xD!

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't say it was hard, it's just cool lol.
Well, that's true =)
Now, shine, turn around, short hop bair out of shield, that's something else ;)
Aldwyn told me I performed this during a dutch tourney in december. I don't actually recall the specifics, as I was too busy pausing and being in awe of myself :laugh:

strider43

Smash Journeyman
If you have AR then i would like to see falcon bd knee bounce the sandbag a bunch of times continuously for a bit. Like sin does in the end of his bat swing wr http://youtube.com/watch?v=H-xXkqhLINg

I'd also like to see a duo of falcon and ganon dairing the sandbag to high % and hitting with a fp > warlock punch KO!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Are you going to use AR for it? Well you can turn around waveshine against link from 0-to 100 then finish him with an up-smash or you can do the waveshine>laser thing I was talking about yesterday. Ledge hopped blaster + regrab?

Top Bottom