• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS6: Road to Apex! TX, MD/VA, NY/NJ, 80-100+ ppl, VGBOOTCAMP! TONS OF GAMES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Host a big regional like this instead of a local and I'm down son. :yeahboi:
This is a regional? sorry if but I've been unaware of this for quite some time. I'm not trying to be flipp but whats so special about this tournament?

Auspher: back off Illinois, that state is pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

Who said I was hating on Illinois? They just need to get their butts out here. They haven't come since SiiS4, but I'm pretty sure they came to SiiS3 as well, so I can't see why they can't find a car. It's obvious that things have changed and SiiS5 was a well run tourney, so they can't go with that excuse. They are going to a local instead...

And why is this a regional? Have you seen the attendance? Numbers are what makes it a regional. It's also a weekend long event at an arcade with unlimited play. You don't get to experience that at hardly any smash tournaments.

TL;DR, Illinois is a great bunch, but they used to travel a lot and now are being flakey.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
We don't have anyone who can drive that weekend. This came up quick and we had bad planning. Don't call us flakey either, I bet we travel more than any MW state, both brawl and melee, and when we travel, we go hard. We bring 20~ players to like everything we travel to. Just because we haven't been to Ohio twice doesn't mean we don't go to MI/WI/IO/IN and MO(when they host)

SiiS3 started as a local too, but it got hyped for who knows what reasons. Same thing can happen to any event and it's not like it was planned as a regional. SiiS5 sounded great but it also hurts a lot of our potential travelers. The fact that it's 2 days hurts anyone that wants to go that doesn't have funds for hotels/extra food expenses, and people who have work/school on Friday/Sunday. At the same time the attendance of SiiS plummeted for 5.

If there was someone going through IL, there are people who would want rides like DLA,Kain, and King. So don't point fingers and ****.

Just sayin...

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
In all fairness it was hard for SiiS5 NOT to be a well-run tournament, considering that it was 2 days long with only, what, 64 entrants? It didn't even need to be well-run considering how much extra time you must have had.

IL has no issue traveling but as I said in the SiiS5 thread, a lot of IL players had issues with how 3 and 4 were run, and think that SiiS5 shouldn't have been made into a 2-day tournament. Especially considering the low attendance. Not really an issue for me, but some people don't want to have to take an entire weekend off of work yadigg?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Who said I was hating on Illinois? They just need to get their butts out here. They haven't come since SiiS4, but I'm pretty sure they came to SiiS3 as well, so I can't see why they can't find a car. It's obvious that things have changed and SiiS5 was a well run tourney, so they can't go with that excuse. They are going to a local instead...

And why is this a regional? Have you seen the attendance? Numbers are what makes it a regional. It's also a weekend long event at an arcade with unlimited play. You don't get to experience that at hardly any smash tournaments.

TL;DR, Illinois is a great bunch, but they used to travel a lot and now are being flakey.
their locals are pretty cool, they have FREE PIZZA/DRINKS with about 30 ish. which is a pretty good size for a tournament.

What are the numbers expected for this. I'll be checking the results thread so please no exageration

MJG

Smash Hero
We don't have anyone who can drive that weekend. This came up quick and we had bad planning. Don't call us flakey either, I bet we travel more than any MW state, both brawl and melee, and when we travel, we go hard. We bring 20~ players to like everything we travel to. Just because we haven't been to Ohio twice doesn't mean we don't go to MI/WI/IO/IN and MO(when they host)

SiiS3 started as a local too, but it got hyped for who knows what reasons. Same thing can happen to any event and it's not like it was planned as a regional. SiiS5 sounded great but it also hurts a lot of our potential travelers. The fact that it's 2 days hurts anyone that wants to go that doesn't have funds for hotels/extra food expenses, and people who have work/school on Friday/Sunday. At the same time the attendance of SiiS plummeted for 5.

If there was someone going through IL, there are people who would want rides like DLA,Kain, and King. So don't point fingers and ****.

Just sayin...
N o.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
get No.'d

Kansas drives like 20 hours to everything. can't blame em for not bringing like 3 full cars to every tournament like IL does.

D

Deleted member

...:(

At least I can look forward to seeing Kansas people. Fino <3.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Some peoples will be running a GNT4 tournament on Sunday, so look forward to that

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Oh, any Indiana players that are going, I've a friend that lives in Indiana that would like a ride, if you guys wouldn't mind to pick him up? PM me for info if anyone would be willing?
Indiana currently has planning comparable to Michigan. That's not an exaggeration either.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
That's a major exaggeration.

Speaking of that, Indiana people should look at the INKY social.

SP, that's a long way for just me to pick him up, but it's possible if we end up meeting in Indianapolis that it could work out.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
This is going to be a double post:
But to IL, I can only hope you guys can make it out. Drivers tend to be hard to find and gathering players can be difficult so I definitely understand.
I just wanted to point out:
The fact that it's 2 days hurts anyone that wants to go that doesn't have funds for hotels/extra food expenses, and people who have work/school on Friday/Sunday. At the same time the attendance of SiiS plummeted for 5.
Food expenses + hotel expenses + work/school is something important to think about and it's really smart to consider all of these things.
Granted, you have to keep in mind that hotel expenses is very cheap and will probably run you about $5.00- $10.00 each for one/two nights. I know it's hard to see a hotel and not think that you feel like you have to pay $100.00 per person or something like that, but it's a very good and cheap hotel deal.
As for attendance, saying "I'm not going to come" isn't really the solution to that.. lol. What makes attendance? Obviously people attending and coming. If IL can aim around "20 people" then that's 20 more people attending! Right? Keep in mind INKY at the time haven't been entering any tournaments. Local tournaments all around has generally been low since the Brawl scene is dying. I'm hoping this tournament can continue to get those players who don't even enjoy the game as much to come out and still play to enjoy the company of players and to have a good time.
Either way, not attending isn't going to help attendance. But that is also up to you to travel. And as for being two days Sunday ends pretty early. It's a straight-up 48 man bracket.

I am hoping that we can get players from all over, what's important to me is to do what is best for you guys. (And if considering SiiS to go for one day again is an idea, I'll think it over and talk to people).
This is a fun tournament, with raffles, prizes, gifts, arcade games, and many other events. I want it to be exciting and something memorable for the Midwest.This is also for Apex (tournament rules may switch to it), which I say is good practice for it and to get Apex benefits.
It's all about support Midwest not just one individual or one state, and again not attending doesn't make anything better. I'm not blaming you guys or anything of that sort, I'm just saying if you want to complain about the attendance and you say you bring in around 20 people that's 20 people not going. And I'm all for supporting IL regional. <3 I'll definitely try and head up to support you guys one way or another! If you guys don't make it out, that's all right! It'll be saddening to not see you guys and I'm sure a lot of people would be excited to see you all, but sometimes it's not meant to be. Hope it works out for you guys!

In all fairness it was hard for SiiS5 NOT to be a well-run tournament, considering that it was 2 days long with only, what, 64 entrants? It didn't even need to be well-run considering how much extra time you must have had.
In all fairness, isn't the fact that time was so strict and hard in the past is what made it difficult? ='p So switching it to two days to make it a well-run tournament is now also an issue? Either way, if you guys honestly think one day is better I'll have a discussion about it and see if it works out.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Double post! BUT! OP has been updated!
Pictures are also added to my first post on the front page (after Chi's lol).

New things added:
Schedule updated, times, etc (Although, times could change if consider to be one day now).

New events added: Brawl Minus, Mafia, God Kais Event, Amateur Bracket (which would happen if two-days. Also, Naruto and other fighters will be added in on Sunday if two days is to permit).

Raffle Updated:

"Raffle Event Info:
Raffle Event is for everyone to enter! Min of 20 people.
It cost $1.00 per person and it allows you to win awesome gifts!

First Prize:
Winner receives free entry to APEX of their choosing: SSBB Singles or Dubs, SSBM Singles or Dubs
There will be a separate prize to non-Smashers (Shoryuken players) or an alternative prize if desired.

Second Prize: Custom Poster of any character (whether it's Smash Bros. character with tag or Marvel/Capcom/Super character with tag) with a game from AL of your choice (max. of $10.00)

Third Prize:
Custom Poster of any character (whether it's Smash Bros. character with tag or Marvel/Capcom/Super character with tag).

Other prizes are a secret! :D"
The Arcade has TONS of amazing and classic games (Like Earthbound 2) which all I'm hoping to use for these prizes!

Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158122767600931

AiB event (still in the works):
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12582

Rules added for Marvel, Super, MK9, God Kais, (Brawl Minus will be up tonight).

Payouts for Brawl updated.

I want to bake stuff for this tournament! So suggestions PLEASE :D

Also, should this be a one day event or a two day event?
Please help me decide with discussion! )'=
Both have pros and cons.
Keep in mind if it is switched back to one day, time will be strict and a lot of events will have to be cancelled. It'll still be a Brawl tournament with only a couple of events.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
One day. One day. One day. One day.

Helps for people who have high school to go to and want to get their homework done this weekend.

Also, can I be more informed about the God Kais event?

D

Deleted member

I had a lot of fun at this event on both days. With a tournament this big and at such a great venue, it would be a waste to get rid of so many fun events and make it one day.

2 days, please.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
2 days..

Also... I plan on interviewing players that take the God Kai Challenge. So this is a great chance for players who are not known to get some shine... And players who are already known...get to SOLAR FLARE!!!!

Roller

Smash Legend
I would like to say that at SiiS4, (one day) I did a tonnnnn of MMs and friendlies. However, I am able to do 2 days, and I'm down for multiple days of smash.

I think the people whose opinions should weigh most heavily on this though, are those who WOULD come if it was one day, and NOT if it was two days, or vice versa. I doubt people would not come if it was reduced to one day however. So ultimately, if making it 1 day could increase the attendance by a good amount.. Then I'm all for it. But if it would only add ~5-10 people. Then I think the two day experience would be better.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Lmao, solar flare....
I kinda want it to be 2 days, but if my work changes or gives me overtime, then I would prefer one day.
I hope I don't get mandatory overtime. >_< Please Apple, don't have any software updates.

please....please....

hadesblade

Smash Lord
IMO do all of brawl on one day then have the second day for the other events/side events so people that can only make it one day can still get the full brawl tournament.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Switching it to one day may bring more attendance, but keep in mind it makes things a lot more strict, fast-paced,etc. As in, probably not many arcade games can be touched and many side events will not go through.
Marvel is a definite due to Shoryuken players that are attending (Cincinnati is notorious for our 2D fighter scene, and I am wanting to to have their tournament too). So we'd lose about 10-20 people from Shoryuken. Plus, I really want to try and at least make some sort of bridge with the whole Smash vs. Shoryu thing.

There is also a specific Brawl- Group here that are interested in attending obviously if it has Brawl- otherwise they probably won't come. That's also another 10-20 people gone. So I definitely want to bring Brawl- in this.

Reason why I say no to God Kais event is because if it's one day it would REALLY hold up things. Why? There are many of them, most of them tend to do well and stay in tournament and by the time things calm down a good chunk of them will be done by the time we'll be closing. And if they're too busy doing the side-event and not in tournament it would just hold up the tournament (which also wouldn't solve the original problem of things going late). Granted, they could just not enter singles but then just doesn't help our problem of attendance lol.

These events will not go on:
Super, God Kais Event, Mafia, Melee Singles Bracket, Melee Doubles, Mystery Event, Amature Bracket, Mortal Kombat 9. Which also includes arcade events like Windjammers, Vampires, Third Strike (which people also was expecting to come for). And we'd even lose more general people. We'd lose Melee locals, 2D fighter locals, Windjammers hype, etc.

However, Brawl players would be happy. But it would just be a long and strict Brawl tournament with some Marvel and maybe some arcade games.

Remember, although we would like to have more players we want this to be SUCCESSFUL!! And that's the important thing and it is why I prefer to have it a two day. I'm way more confidence of a two day, plus it would be way more fun for everybody.

Just some things to think about. I'll still allow discussion over this.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I assumed the God Kai Challenge would be on all the time, and the challengers just find the God Kais they'd fight and play on an open station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom