• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Sigh* What is with Wolf's reputation?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
You know what Im talking about, it's getting really annoying people thinking that if you play Wolf you're a campy spacer. Even educated people are ignorant (paradoxwtf) saying how F Smash is what makes him good when in fact D Smash is his best smash and its not his camping that makes him good it's his aerial game.

Patinator

Smash Champion
You know what Im talking about, it's getting really annoying people thinking that if you play Wolf you're a campy spacer. Even educated people are ignorant (paradoxwtf) saying how F Smash is what makes him good when in fact D Smash is his best smash and its not his camping that makes him good it's his aerial game.
INDEED.

Well, okay, I haven't run into anyone like this, but it'd happen if I went to a tournament.

"OMG U R NUB 4 PIKIN WOLF"

"..."

"STFU HAXOR U SPAM GTFO"

"..." *Pwns with quite the amount of finesse, and only two FSmashes*

"OMG!!! WTF! WOLF ONLY GOOD CUZ HIS FSMASH NUB!" *Smashes random thing*

Is this what we're talking about? I thought so...

But I haven't seen much of it on the boards lately. They're all trolls. Here's lookin' atchya, DeuceBlade... -_-;;;

It's sad, because people who say this will never admit they're wrong, even if you destroy them without a single FSmash and/or Blaster shot. Oh well; more noobs to pwn.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He's practically one of the best fighters in Brawl with those insane smash attacks. There are only a few fighters that can actually counter Wolf.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Wolf can't outcamp anyone, it's the people playing with characters like Charizard and Bowser that complain he is spammy. Those guys get zoned, HARD and every projectile in this game can zone people like that. Trying spammy camping on someone like Falco and you'll get rocked. Wolf is different and tough to counter at first but once your friends realize how to counter his ground game, you can really learn about his good aerial game.

I'll admit I got frustrated fighting him and called him nooby, but I picked him up, loved his fighting style and learned how to beat him. And so did my friends so I abuse my aerials now. :) Meh, my 2 cents.

acv

Smash Journeyman
iif you look around at other chracter boards cough**meta knightcough*** people who ask how to counter wolf only get answers about how to get around the blaster and fsmash.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
The only players that usually complain that I spam are Grab whores. Ya sorry but if your a chain grabber i'm going to projectile you so that you have to apporach not me. Sorry D3's and Falco's, I'm not going to jump into ur grabs like you want, bash me all you want, ur the ones chain grabbing.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Reputation doesn't matter. People who complain about a style of play are scrubs. The opinions of scrubs can be ignored. Wolf has good smashes and a good blaster, of course we are going to use them.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, generally reputations are earned. Just like stereo types.

I've played alot of campy wolfs. But at the same time, to be fair, I've played ALOT of skilled, talented wolfs that play based off of technique and game knowledge. But I do know that wolf is extremely underestimated, due to his ability to camp, his spacing, and his smashes, he is an extremely versatile character. Played right he's **** near unstoppable.

Oh, I will point out, fsmash for the lose. That move has too much lag, and isn't quite broken enough to be noted. Snake's ftilt and utilt are a different story...

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Considering you can treat them like a sandbag when they miss, yeah.

But like I said, I've played some good wolfs. Shines > Fsmash is really good. Personally I always thought Wolf had a really good ftilt, but that's just me.

Top Bottom