• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B edge cancel tech.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Figured this out last night playing LI's finest. Go to Pokemon stadium and start off on the center of one of the platforms. Fall through then forward B ASAP. Holding forward Ganon should travel to the edge and cancel on the edge similar to Fox/Falco's illusion tech on the platforms. You can side B to the edge and uair off or any aerial or just fast fall and land dash. You can do this on any flat platform but YS is the one I had tried it on. Fun tech to mess with. Sometimes you just side B cancel in place. Only tried it a few times. Give it a try and see what you can make out of it. Next time I get a chance I'll try and learn how to execute it consistently if you guys don't figured it out first.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
The timing for this is really weird, either I just side-B off or just wizard's foot downward. lol And holding forward cancels, it out but puts Ganon in like a free fall. I'm practice it out though, I'm probably doing something wrong.

Side Note* I did discover that double jumping onto the platform as if you were going to waveland then doing the side-B cancel is much easier, than falling through with the tech.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Doing it wrong. Fall through then side B. You should go into an aerial side B animation above the platform but just slightly. When he reaches the edge he will land and fall off. That edge cancel takes you out the side B and you can do anything you want after that.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i can't do it, my side b is always too high... should you be isai dropping this or just regular falling through?

Renth

Smash Hero
I use to do this on pokemon stadium, ledge cancel a side b then fast fall into waveland. Its pretty fun to do

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Sveet: How do you perform an Isai drop? I've heard of it, but not how to do it.

Renth, you're too good.

Edit:

What the heck? I just tried this thing, and I keep falling off the stage. I got it a few times, but I don't know the specs to what I'm doing wrong.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm pretty sure the player was the uploader, but I've never heard of him (and I feel like I've seen almost every melee vid on youtube). lol /exaggeration(sorta)

I love edge cancels. Although they've been around forever I still feel like they are underrated/underused concerning modern day metagame. This has already given me some good ideas, and I hope that some of the other active Ganon players will incorporate this/find new uses for it.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I still think that edge cancel tech on BF is extremely practical for edgeguarding people coming from under. It edgecancels, and at lower %, you can follow it up with another aerial.

And I can't seem to get this consistently. I can't even get it 1/3 times.

SlimNasty

Smash Apprentice
Ive actually done this tech just like you said Tipman its pretty neat. I havent used it in a match yet but im gonna try to record me doing this to show how its done if that helps?

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I meant I can't get consistent with the plat drop -> Side B to an edge cancel. I either fall off or I'm too close to the stage.

SlimNasty

Smash Apprentice
RIP, sorry i dont mean to easedrop on your convo with Tipman there but are you doing the plat drop -> B edge cancel off the stage? Well if you are, thats not how this tech works. I did the same thing when i first tried it lol. You actually have to edge cancel the platform.
So like Tipman said go in the middle of the plat, plat drop and as soon as you plat drop, (you have to be fast) side B and hold forward to edge cancel it and use c-stick to uair, bair, or fair your choice :)
Hope i helped.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
RIP, sorry i dont mean to easedrop on your convo with Tipman there but are you doing the plat drop -> B edge cancel off the stage? Well if you are, thats not how this tech works. I did the same thing when i first tried it lol. You actually have to edge cancel the platform.
So like Tipman said go in the middle of the plat, plat drop and as soon as you plat drop, (you have to be fast) side B and hold forward to edge cancel it and use c-stick to uair, bair, or fair your choice :)
Hope i helped.
Zomg Slim! You still rock Ganon? I need to play you again, I'm not a scrub anymore! =D

SlimNasty

Smash Apprentice
Lol, are you Jason? Or maybe you are thinking of someone else? refresh my memory and ya i still play ganon :)

*edit*

Im gonna be rocking Ganon hardcore till i die! Lol

SlimNasty

Smash Apprentice
Yea! i know jason, i played him at Dop's place. When he first did that moonwalk i was like "THATS ****ING SEXY!!!" LOL

Then later i saw a vid of you Tipman playing and you waveland moonwalk from the edge and again i was like "THATS ****ING SEXY!!!" LOL!

Now i do it too and im loving it :)

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Oh. Okay. I thought the edge cancel was on the edge of the stage, because that's what I got when I dropped through the platform a bit more.

Thanks for the vid. it helped.

SlimNasty

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! Im glad i helped :)
On yoshis, I've also done a down B from the tip of one plat to the other then runoff and fair. Not sure if thats helpful at all and its kinda slow but you guys should try it out and let me know what you think.
Oh and btw i preffer to be known as Nasty please and thank you. :)

Renth

Smash Hero
Awesome! Im glad i helped :)
On yoshis, I've also done a down B from the tip of one plat to the other then runoff and fair. Not sure if thats helpful at all and its kinda slow but you guys should try it out and let me know what you think.
Oh and btw i preffer to be known as Nasty please and thank you. :)
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think i've played you before. at Gigs...

SlimNasty

Smash Apprentice
Oh and btw does anyone think that upB edge cancel to bair or uair is a good tech? I got surprised when i first did it like the way i was doing it.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Well anytime you edge cancel your Up+B is great for obvious reasons.

I don't see why see it isn't a good technique. Some people might chase you after you use your Up+b expecting to punish your lag, but then you can give them a good ol' surprise.

Btw, edit your posts, don't double post.

SlimNasty

Smash Apprentice
Well anytime you edge cancel your Up+B is great for obvious reasons.

I don't see why see it isn't a good technique. Some people might chase you after you use your Up+b expecting to punish your lag, but then you can give them a good ol' surprise.

Btw, edit your posts, don't double post.
I see how that could help. Thanks. Oh and i forgot to edit i kinda just posted quickly so i can go shower lol.

You should edit your post and delete this bull****. Respect the Ganon boards or go play brawl kid. :uzi:
Lol thanks for the ganon support ACE. Do you ever come to FL to play? I want to play as many Ganon mains out there that i can :)

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
hmmm, i shall play around with this and figure out what i can do with it. most of the time i sideb into tardedness, i just sideb cancel coming in from a jump @_@

RockCrock

Smash Champion

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I swear Phanna beat us to the punch on so many interesting finds.

You can learn alot just by looking through Phanna's old topics.

voorhese

Smash Master
Yeah that's Jason. He's no scrub. He taught me waveland moonwalks.
wow that was confusing at first, lol i made the super ganon moonwalk video, and spider_sense later told me he had discovered it earlier, but i didnt know his name was jason lol

and then i thought slimnasty said "you did the ledgehop waveland to moonwalk against tippman
", and that made it more confusing because thats what "super ganon moonwalk 2" is in my video lol

dude i still dont know if i will play ganon again, mostly everyone i know in the midwest said i should, but i dont like getting comboed by everyone

spider_sense

Smash Champion
wow that was confusing at first, lol i made the super ganon moonwalk video, and spider_sense later told me he had discovered it earlier, but i didnt know his name was jason lol

and then i thought slimnasty said "you did the ledgehop waveland to moonwalk against tippman
", and that made it more confusing because thats what "super ganon moonwalk 2" is in my video lol

dude i still dont know if i will play ganon again, mostly everyone i know in the midwest said i should, but i dont like getting comboed by everyone
LOL Yeah, that's my name and Tipman is playing. Actually I learned the concept from watching that same vid of yours Voorhese. It really got me thinking about the applications and potential behind Ganon's moonwalk. I watched Synikal do it a a bunch of times before the vid, but I never knew the waveland actually propelled Ganon's moonwalk somewhat, until you explained it in your thread.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Jason_voorhese I first seen the moonwalk thing on your vid and asked you about it. It wasn't until later when I started playing again that I seen Spider do it in a vid doing land dashes into em a lot. I personally don't like that application but I haven't messed with it much either. Off of a ledge dash though it is a nice pause to take and analyze your opponents reaction before deciding if you will jump, roll or attack.

Spider, Kye actually learned it from when I favorited JasonV's vid. I didn't have a cube at the time so I kinda just watched.

Top Bottom