• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B Canceling Through Platforms.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
So Liquid_Gen and I were playing some of our random friendlies when he noticed something on Battlefield with Bowser's SideB. We recorded a video of it, we apologize for the epic quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2vltpvHKgc

Basically when Bowser falls through a platform while using his SideB the animation cancels and he regains his second jump. You can basically Koopa Claw again, Koopa Claw across the stage with it, and aerial out of the canceled SideB animation.

Gen has never seen this before so he asked me to post this on here for you all.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
And by the way, it is easily done like this:

While using side b over a plat, hold down. This will plat drop and cancel the animation, giving you free reign to jump, attack, whatever. If using aerials, the cstick works best with it.

Off the top plat in Battlefield, a lagless fair is possible if timed perfectly.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
orly. Sick. I'll try it when I get home Friday =)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wow, amazing, that makes Battlefield even a better stage to play on. XD

It think it looks incredibly funny to see Bowser fly around Battlefield like a Wario, lol.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Wait, that only works on BF? Does it work on SV's platform, or Norfair o: ?

B!squick

Smash Master
So, let me see if I understand this right. In much the same way you can jump from whats basically an auto cancelled SideB during the cancel (the Klaw Hop), you can also fall through a platform?

EDIT: Okay, I didn't really understand it the first time I watched it, but I get it now. Well, I guess that's something I'll have play around with. :) Good stuff Liquid Gen, I've been wondering where you were at lately.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Thanks. In essence, it can be either

A: A save your *** move to cover your options, by timing the klaw right so as it can grab and then cancel to a forward air.

B: USed as a koopahop with control on where you want to jump, instead of being forced on the ground.

Basically, this is pretty good and I'm surprised at how simple it is.

Sliq

Smash Master
This is ****ing awesome. The application of this is giving me a boner. Seriously. I'm going to a tournament tomorrow, and I'm going to use this and it will be awesome.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
This is ****ing awesome. The application of this is giving me a boner. Seriously. I'm going to a tournament tomorrow, and I'm going to use this and it will be awesome.
Makes us proud, Sliq. More proud than what we would be, anyway. <3

B!squick

Smash Master
Hurray! A new trick for Bowser that's a variation of an existing trick! :D

Needs a catchy name though. How about Klaw Kancel?

Uffe

Smash Hero
That's pretty cool. Looks like Bowser is going to be one tough SOB to go up against with platforms around. Especially on Battlefield. I mean that stage isn't good for me to begin with. Does it just work on Battlefield or stages with platforms?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Call it the Gen Drop? lol because Gen found it...or...the Koopa Drop?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Naming it after yourself is pretty lame and usually not liked among most people =/

It would be better to have it associate with what it actually is.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I knew that...I was just joking :\

Umm...well its a Platform Cancelled Koopa Klaw---so PCKK would work...or we could just call it the Platform Klaw [Plat Klaw]? I don't know, I'm bad with names lol

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Call it the Gen Drop? lol because Gen found it...or...the Koopa Drop?
I agree.

100%.

Also, anyone remember this?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157059&page=12

This can be mixed in with the drop.

Yes, Our metagame should now require tech skill.

Of course, this can only be done on stages like Smashville, Lylat etc.

Lylat is one of my favorite counterpicks now, mostly because I learned how to recover better there.

B!squick

Smash Master
Since you didn't change the OP I'm gonna guess you're joking. But seriously, what are you gonna call it? I'm tired of Ganon having all the cool names for ATs. This one NEEDS to have a cool name or else Bowser will be very sad indeed.

EDIT: The Klaw Fall.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Klaw Cancelling? Iunno, but it was pretty interesting to watch. 'Cancel' is a pretty common, so you guys have to think long and hard.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Hop Drop. Sounds really weird but yeah lol.

I don't really know as far as a name, anything is fine with me basically.

Also, this ***** Lylat Cruises' face off with autolanding.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I'll try to use this trick.
Thanks for the Tip.
I use Bowsers Side-B to grab a opponent in the recovering, is a good trick to kill, when its impossible to do I will try to cancel in the air.

Thanks.

ub3rPat

Smash Rookie
i found this trick not too long after this thread and i thought i was the first one to discover this <.< lol.
i think claw canceling is too big, there are many things that can be referred as "claw canceling" since you can use Down B, Up B, double jump and a quick koopa claw out of a canceled claw.

the name must sound evil, something like demonic flight/hopping (i can't come up with something better at the moment).

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
I don't really understand how this could be useful, if you wanted to do aerials through platforms just hold down when approaching it and you go right through. if you want to prevent fastfalling from happening while doing this then you slowly move the joystick down, or you start holding the joystick down before you start to decend and you'll still go right through it, with your second jump, and be able to do any aerials.

and i thought this strategy was trying to explain a good way to avoid getting attacked when your on the platform and the enemy is above you :(

B!squick

Smash Master
Wait, what? Dude, you cancel the Klaw just above the platform, meaning you can start your aerial so much sooner that it begins while you're still above it, how is that not useful?

Top Bottom