• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sick mew2 vs fox. definetly worth watching...

quak

Smash Champion
i watched the first one, will watch the rest later

things i noticed

first off, lavagolem's playing style is fun to watch, because he doesn't play defensively. Props to you for that if i already haven't said it before.

secondly, you got alot lot better, sexy-*** fair chaining, and you look really intimidating to approach (except when your spamming out those blatent long jump nairs, careful about that)

third i noticed that the fox was not playing smart, it may be because you've never played a mewtwo before, although i think i remember seeing other vids in the same matchup with the same ppl, or it can be just because you weren't actively in the game, and just dickin around. I don't know, but yeah.

last thing i noticed with that first vid that says alot, that last moment while both characters were still alive. Fox was charging his firefox to recover directly below mewtwo. This is how that should've happened.

For Mewtwo

As soon as you grabbed the ledge you should've let go of the ledge, and fast fell a bair, and since he was at low percentage, gimp him again with a rising bair on your way back to edge hog. You've got the invincibilitly frames, and the time, you shouldn't just wait for your opponent to return seeing how ur mewtwo and at 80+ playing a fox on ur last life. Gimp him when you get the oppertunity.

For Fox

You got mindf***ed :p, so im not gonna get on ur case for being in that sit in the first place, cause, well, who ever sees that **** coming.

But, you should've firefoxed at a higher angle or even vertical. And cause you didn't, that kinda tells me that you weren't fully playing with ur head

KEEP THAT **** UP LAVAGOLEM, you are one of the few mewtwos out there who may be able to draw a crowd

quak

Smash Champion
watched the rest, not much else to say other than first vid was best for mewtwo, second vid best for fox

also i noticed that you guys picked only the 3 big neutral stages for playing on, i don't know whether that's coincidence or what, but don't be afraid to go to heavy platform stages. Mewtwo can do some ridiculous **** with platforms, and fox is, well, fox.

oh and + rep me for that long response

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
it may have looked like i was diking around, but i was actually playing serious that time. mew2 just isn't a usual opponent, so its kinda difficult to appoach him. and it doesn't get any easier considering how good the mew2 is, so i guess i still need to play him some more. oh and for the stage thing you brought up, no, it was completely coincidental.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Haha XD Great vids, gave it my all. You ROCKED me in the 2nd match thoough >_<

I wanna get back into smashing more, ever since school started up again, it's hard to find time to play = / You think you can smash again this weekend Syk0? I want some more Mewtwo practice...and Falco too. Gotta be in top condition for the FIU tournament in a couple weeks(you should drop by, it's on Nov. 17th IIRC). I'll be pretty much intimidating people with Mewtwo 'till I fight Marth or Samus XD

Anyways, thanks for the comments, appreciate the praise ^_^

quak

Smash Champion
it may have looked like i was diking around, but i was actually playing serious that time. mew2 just isn't a usual opponent, so its kinda difficult to appoach him. and it doesn't get any easier considering how good the mew2 is, so i guess i still need to play him some more. oh and for the stage thing you brought up, no, it was completely coincidental.
im going to ruin the fox vs mewtwo matchup for lavagolem now

shuffle nair into shine to JC grab, then upthrow upair

mewtwo is absolutely ****ed

and laser spam

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I'm curious how well syk0 does in tournaments. The foxes I play against never let me get away with that **** haha. And nair shine uthrow uair is ****, exactly what you need to do.

LouisStevens722

Smash Rookie
Fox just needs more practice against Mew2 then the metagame factor of the tiers will just start kicking in, but the tournament aspect is really interesting. That Mew2 could own some people who aren't used to fighting the character. Best Mew2 I've ever seen.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
well, i do okay. you can compare me to the guy who, out of no where, beats a top player, then you never hear of him again, seriously, lol. i have managed to beat some real good players on a few ocassions, but i just dont enter many tournaments, sorry. by the way, trust me, that mew2 is simply good as hel. dont take any credit from him, because in a tournament, you would definetly regret that.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
lol, i know man. i actually noticed that, but i just need more time to perfect it. didnt want to try it out while recording, and get rapped. lol

dguy6789

Smash Lord
how do you do that fair chaining thing. i have been trying and i am haveing a really difucult time at doing it. hints
Really just practice bro. Over time, you get a better and better feel for how to make your moves connect. Having the ability to double jump cancel and l cancel proficiently helps a ton as well.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I spaz Y button twice then press Z. I know, weird.

Hey Syk0 lemmingz, I hope you know me. x.x

Lava: L2Nair ... that's all I see you messing up with on the first vid, maybe it's just the way you Full jump it and that works less on Fox and more on floatys
also all M2s should use Up smash more vs Fox! I believe this is a very important development! It should work! They'll jump into your pwnage Purple Statue of Liberty!

Syko: you have a great fox, use spacing F tilt more it's 222 good

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
Haha XD Great vids, gave it my all. You ROCKED me in the 2nd match thoough >_<

I wanna get back into smashing more, ever since school started up again, it's hard to find time to play = / You think you can smash again this weekend Syk0? I want some more Mewtwo practice...and Falco too. Gotta be in top condition for the FIU tournament in a couple weeks(you should drop by, it's on Nov. 17th IIRC). I'll be pretty much intimidating people with Mewtwo 'till I fight Marth or Samus XD

Anyways, thanks for the comments, appreciate the praise ^_^

its not like i was holding back either. i was trying to take your head off lol. about this tournament at Fiu, how much is prize money? either way, if i can show up, i will. im just dont know if ill be free, so ill go look at my calendar then get back at you man. oh, yes i can play you this weekend.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
i figured. i am still working on the double jump cancel. you have to move your fingers really really fast. lol.
actually the instantDJC is only takes two motions to execute.

1) press x to jump
2) press x, a, and z at the same time.

your close enough to the ground that you wouldnt need to fast fall
your close enough to the ground that you can practically combine the "attack" and "l-cancel" into one motion.

if you want to move some horizontal distance, add a tiny bit more time between "step 1" and "step 2" and add some direction on your left hand.

i would imagine that it also works if you take out the "a" from step 2

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
Only thing more fun than watching a good mew2 is watching a good pikachu or pichu. Yea Low Tiers! I don't play them much, but link is my #5 guy. Rest of them are up there in the high tiers lol.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't be able to make it to Weston since I don't have a car...and as of this weekend neither does my brother. Soooo... my only option is a friend, but I doubt he'll drive that far. I'll try though.

And about the full jumped Nairs, I do them on purpose... Generally people try to rush Mewtwo, so it catches them off-guard sometimes, plus I can get a combo off of it if it connects w/ a FF->Grab.

Sorry 'bout selling you out Syk0, birthday party came up last minute >_<

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
its kool man don't sweat it. yo, maybe i can take you to this western tournament. when and where is it?

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
hey bro, why didnt you remind me about the tournament. i actually would have taken you there. i was anticipating it myslef, i just kinda forgot about it over the weekend

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
My bad Syk0, I forgot about it too. I wouldn't have gone regardless, $20 entry is steep when you don't have a job = / Plus, I'm saving for the FIU tournament. I'm gonna see if I can get some training in this weekend and next with Bird, you're welcome to join, just call me up and I'll tell you when and where.

Top Bottom