• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh snap, the thread totally dropped off my radar. I hate it when the notifications meter doesn't work.

Atleast I didn't miss much.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'll just leave this here:

And the answer to the inevitable:
Not that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Welp. Bayo is extremely weird to pay and Corrin cheap as crap. Thanks Sakurai. Kidding kidding.
I also did a For Glory bingo today...It was interesting to do one. Lots of salt on FG today as well. Like...a LOT of salt.
PROTIP: When theres lots of FG salt on a certain day, play Cloud and spam Finishing Touch and laugh your butt off for hours.
Also do lots of countering with Shulk and Corrin.

In other news. I finished watching Sword Art Online today. (No spoilers).
I really liked it. Liked the story, liked the animation, liked the everything about it. You know a cartoon/anime/tv shows does it story and plot correctly when you already know most of what happens or in this case, who lives or not and your STILL on the edge of your seat saying to your computer, "NO NO YOU MUST LIVE! YOU MUST GO ON!!!", even though you know if they live or not.
Overall: Watch it. Though be careful, its pretty dark, especially towards the end. I would say why, but spoilers and one of those things may get me hit with a warning for like "sexual themes" if you wanna call theme that.
So, other then DBZ, Kill la Kill (It should sound familiar to Xeno X fans), or Sao2, what anime would you guys recommend? I'm running out of games to play so I watched Sao finally, and the rest of Sao2 is next on my list.
I hope posting a "review" of sorts on here isn't a nono. If it is lemme know so I don't do it again in the probably years into the future when I remember that I watched anime.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Welp. Bayo is extremely weird to pay and Corrin cheap as crap. Thanks Sakurai. Kidding kidding.
I also did a For Glory bingo today...It was interesting to do one. Lots of salt on FG today as well. Like...a LOT of salt.
PROTIP: When theres lots of FG salt on a certain day, play Cloud and spam Finishing Touch and laugh your butt off for hours.

I really liked it. Liked the story, liked the animation, liked the everything about it. You know a cartoon/anime/tv shows does it story and plot correctly when you already know most of what happens or in this case, who lives or not and your STILL on the edge of your seat saying to your computer, "NO NO YOU MUST LIVE! YOU MUST GO ON!!!", even though you know if they live or not.
Overall: Watch it. Though be careful, its pretty dark, especially towards the end. I would say why, but spoilers and one of those things may get me hit with a warning for like "sexual themes" if you wanna call theme that.
So, other then DBZ, Kill la Kill (It should sound familiar to Xeno X fans), or Sao2, what anime would you guys recommend? I'm running out of games to play so I watched Sao finally, and the rest of Sao2 is next on my list.
I hope posting a "review" of sorts on here isn't a nono. If it is lemme know so I don't do it again in the probably years into the future when I remember that I watched anime.
If you need animes... I'll pm you a few.
But expect a propably longer talk. Me and sao aren't really two things that like each other...

Last edited:

Technikoopa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Technikoopa
Funnily enough, SAO was actually a reason I got into Xenoblade. I wanted to play a game similar to SAO with the arts and skills and beautiful world. But wasn't too interested in actually getting into an MMO. Xenoblade was a much more worthwhile experience hahah

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688

Anime.... Ho boy.

At the top of my recommendations right now would be Kekkai Sensen (also called Blood Blockade Battlefront, or BBB), that show does things marvelously. Shame it's only 13 episodes...
Durarara!! (and it's sequel DRRRx2) starts slow... Like, 9-10 episodes slow. But the story is really good, and the second half really gets tense and faster paced. DRRRx2 is a 3-cour anime, still ongoing, but seriously the almost every other episode was making me mouth "WTH?!" in a good way. Just be careful, LOTS of characters, you might occasionally forget a few people until your memory gets jogged.

I could easily list ten more anime, but that's good enough for here.

Well, I got Monado Armour now, but that makes me wonder if I've missed other Arts from quests up to that point.

Satisfaction of the week: Airdodging when a Bayonetta attempts to finish you over the pit with DAir, and immediately using Elwind to send her to death instead.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
I rarely partake in the animus, but when I do, it's Persona 4: The Animation. Pretty much the greatest thing ever.
Oh yeah, and Cowboy Bebop. That soundtrack made the entire show for me.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here I go with a wall of texts. Sorry in advance about it.
If you need animes... I'll pm you a few.
But expect a propably longer talk. Me and sao aren't really two things that like each other...
So, you didn't like SAO because half way though it basically becomes the "Save the princess" story? Understandable. Some people like to see certain things while some people like to see other things. Too bad you don't like though.
Funnily enough, SAO was actually a reason I got into Xenoblade. I wanted to play a game similar to SAO with the arts and skills and beautiful world. But wasn't too interested in actually getting into an MMO. Xenoblade was a much more worthwhile experience hahah
Oh wow, you found Xenoblade because of SAO? That's cool. Also, one day I saw an ad on Crunchyroll that had Shulk on the picture for it, and being the act first think later kinda person, I yelled. HOLY CRAP A XENOBLADE ANIME?! Then I actually read the ad and it was on Xeno X...Oh well. I can dream. XD
Anime.... Ho boy.

At the top of my recommendations right now would be Kekkai Sensen (also called Blood Blockade Battlefront, or BBB), that show does things marvelously. Shame it's only 13 episodes...
Durarara!! (and it's sequel DRRRx2) starts slow... Like, 9-10 episodes slow. But the story is really good, and the second half really gets tense and faster paced. DRRRx2 is a 3-cour anime, still ongoing, but seriously the almost every other episode was making me mouth "WTH?!" in a good way. Just be careful, LOTS of characters, you might occasionally forget a few people until your memory gets jogged.

I could easily list ten more anime, but that's good enough for here.

Well, I got Monado Armour now, but that makes me wonder if I've missed other Arts from quests up to that point.

Satisfaction of the week: Airdodging when a Bayonetta attempts to finish you over the pit with DAir, and immediately using Elwind to send her to death instead.
Ok. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out later.
I rarely partake in the animus, but when I do, it's Persona 4: The Animation. Pretty much the greatest thing ever.
Oh yeah, and Cowboy Bebop. That soundtrack made the entire show for me.
I've heard a lot of good about Cowboy Bebop, and Persona 4: The animation was like #2 on my "To Watch" list.

Also, when I said "Kill la Kill should sound familiar to you guys because of Xeno X" is because the dude that made some of the music for Xeno X also made music for Kill la Kill. I'm sure most of you guys know though.
Next week I'm goin start hunting some people on the Shulk finder page, so if you'd like to have a match or two with me, send me a PM or something. It'll help me save a little time when looking around.

Last edited:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Hello, everyone. I like Final Fantasy VII and Cloud. I also know nothing about Xenoblade. Please don't hurt me.

I do have some knowledge about anime however, and honestly, I hate SAO for many reasons (none of which I'm hopefully ever going to disclose). If you like it then that's fine and I'm glad, though. More power to you if you're a fan.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Hello, everyone. I like Final Fantasy VII and Cloud. I also know nothing about Xenoblade. Please don't hurt me.

I do have some knowledge about anime however, and honestly, I hate SAO for many reasons (none of which I'm hopefully ever going to disclose). If you like it then that's fine and I'm glad, though. More power to you if you're a fan.
Hey man. Don't worry about not knowing anything about Xenoblade. We're not the kind of people that kill over not knowing about a game or show we like, but do try it out. Its an amazing game and its on the new 3ds and I believe Wii u shop. You will not be disappointed.
SAO wasn't exactly what I thought it would in the end, I still enjoyed it though. Not entirely sure why though, but I watched all of it in like 36 hours, so I had to of enjoyed it if I watched like 10 hours of a show (and an hour of ads that came with it because I'm broke and a teenager). Probably because it has a love story that actually works out, because I can't keep a gf for more then a week if I was a millionaire. XD. Sad but true. Anyway, enough about my life.
Its nice to have you here man. Welcome to the Shulk boards where we're not jerks. Also I enjoy Cloud and FF7. I haven't played it in a while, but I've enjoyed it thus far.
Oh yea. If anyone here knows how to transfer Replays of Smash4 from my Wii u to my laptop, i'd love to know. I'm thinking about making my own "How to" Series like Alpharad's.

Last edited:

Technikoopa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Technikoopa
I think SAO came out like a year after Xenoblade did, so it was pretty fresh and convenient for me at the time. Not that big of a fan of SAO, but the game itself seemed pretty interesting and it got me to get Xenoblade, so kudos to SAO. In terms of anime with similar music to Xenoblade X, there's Aldnoah.Zero, Guilty Crown, and Attack on Titan, along with the already mentioned Kill la Kill, which were all done by the composer Hiroyuki Sawano. The former two are mecha anime... of questionable quality... Love the music though. Xenoblade X's probably one Sawano's best works.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So, you didn't like SAO because half way though it basically becomes the "Save the princess" story? Understandable. Some people like to see certain things while some people like to see other things. Too bad you don't like though.
Well, my sister thinks that the recent SAO's plot are getting more and more weird compare to it's beginnings.
The reason why I like Xenoblade because it's now in Smash, and one of the best JPPG on the Wii. It came out when the Wii was about to go downhill. It was a great game but it was intentionally to be Japan exclusive. But Operation Rainfall made the game localized to the NA region.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Well, my sister thinks that the recent SAO's plot are getting more and more weird compare to it's beginnings.
The reason why I like Xenoblade because it's now in Smash, and one of the best JPPG on the Wii. It came out when the Wii was about to go downhill. It was a great game but it was intentionally to be Japan exclusive. But Operation Rainfall made the game localized to the NA region.
They do get kinda weird...I can't deny that. That doesn't make it bad though. If theres anything I've learned over my life is that weird isn't bad. Infact that may be the reason I like SAO more then you guys do. Whether that's the reason or not doesn't matter. And the thing with GGO and whatever in SAO2 seems kinda strange, but from what ive seen of SAO2 (first 7 or 8 episodes) it seems cool, and a couple my band buddies were talking about it like 3 weeks ago talking a person that died or something. They said they really enjoyed SAO2, so I got back into watching anime. Which is why I finally watched SAO. And here we are now.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They do get kinda weird...I can't deny that. That doesn't make it bad though. If theres anything I've learned over my life is that weird isn't bad. Infact that may be the reason I like SAO more then you guys do. Whether that's the reason or not doesn't matter. And the thing with GGO and whatever in SAO2 seems kinda strange, but from what ive seen of SAO2 (first 7 or 8 episodes) it seems cool, and a couple my band buddies were talking about it like 3 weeks ago talking a person that died or something. They said they really enjoyed SAO2, so I got back into watching anime. Which is why I finally watched SAO. And here we are now.
I'm not that in to SAO, but I'm a big fan of One Punch Man recently. Not only because it's funny but it also has many encouraging quotes (Also dumb ones).
And there's a small bug happened yesterday when I play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. When I was battling enemies in Satorl Marsh, the music and the characters voice suddenly stops, all I can hear is the sound of the landscape and such. The game didn't crash, but I was worried, so I saved the game and go back to home menu. After reentering the game, it goes normal again.
Does anyone have this kind of bug happened before?

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
For the record, I'm halfway through the fairy arc - I found SAO got off to a flying start, but dropped back a little bit as it progressed. I need to get back to it, I think I probably got distracted by Death Note or some shiny new games. I quite liked what I saw. I get "not liking" it, but I don't get it when there's a seething hatred for the show along with any who watch it. Opinions are opinions.

Anyway,

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
Oh yea. If anyone here knows how to transfer Replays of Smash4 from my Wii u to my laptop, i'd love to know. I'm thinking about making my own "How to" Series like Alpharad's.
If you use the in-game YouTube converter, you can then go on your channel on a computer and download the MP4 files of your videos. Then you are free to edit the videos with quality programs such as Windows Movie Maker and such and then reupload them. That's how I added Cowboy Bebop music to one of my replays, anyway.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37rIHZ2xccg
Oh yeah, and make sure you turn the music off in game before you upload the video from the Wii U.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
If you use the in-game YouTube converter, you can then go on your channel on a computer and download the MP4 files of your videos. Then you are free to edit the videos with quality programs such as Windows Movie Maker and such and then reupload them. That's how I added Cowboy Bebop music to one of my replays, anyway.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37rIHZ2xccg
Oh yeah, and make sure you turn the music off in game before you upload the video from the Wii U.
Ok. Thanks. I was hoping I could get 1.1.3 replays because I had some quality stuff from that patch. Like REALLY funny stuff. Oh well. I be sure to get some more good Shulk replays and make a video out of it. Of course it'll take some time though.
I'll so make something called "Back to the salt mines" I'm sure you guys can figure out what that'll be.
Now, I gotta learn how to edit videos...yay. I'll figure it out.
Ok. I don't have video editing software/programs...Anyone know of a free good video editer? Youtubes editer is garbage.

Last edited:

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
RIP Shulk Social thread.
In other news, Fire Emblem Fates hype!
Anyone know of a free good video editer? Youtubes editer is garbage.
Windows Movie Maker at least pretends to be a video editing program. You miiiiight be able to at least clip stuff and add in music with it. Before it crashes, anyway.
Oh wait, you said good video editors. Never mind, then.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
RIP Shulk Social thread.

Windows Movie Maker at least pretends to be a video editing program. You miiiiight be able to at least clip stuff and add in music with it. Before it crashes, anyway.
Oh wait, you said good video editors. Never mind, then.
Well. Its something. And besides, I've used it before back in 7th grade...which was 3 years ago...nevermind I doubt i'll remember how to use it. Ya know...if it would actually download. Oh well. I'm sure i'll find something over time.
Anyway. Remember that Shulk amiibo I told you guys about a couple pages ago? I put him up against my D3 amiibo in a 99 stock match...and Shulk JV51 him. Holy crap he's almost as OP as Kirito in SAO *Wink* *Wink* (Not so clever lazy character design joke).
Also. New Profile pic. I showed it to my friends in band, they found it...Humerus.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
... it's so sad... that Europe still has to wait. I was so hyped, and now... I have to hide myself from spoilers.
Or you could get Project X Zone 2 which has Fiora and other Xenoblade stuff in it in case you forgot?

That or Bravely Second apparently.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Or you could get Project X Zone 2 which has Fiora and other Xenoblade stuff in it in case you forgot?

That or Bravely Second apparently.
I sadly heavily dislike the gameplay in Project X Zone, and think they aren't worth more beyond fanservice.
But yeah... bravely second it is.

Rawbinator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HypothesisTest
So yesterday I tried the final (I think) chapter in XCX

And I was really annoyed with the format of it. I had grinded to 50 so I could get a level 50 Skell but I still had a hard time...

I beat the two forms of the (Playstation) Vita but my teammates Skells all died so I died to the monsters. Honestly I'm okay with losing and trying again BUT my teammates Skells are all gone with no way to retrieve them. I even tried again with the lowered difficulty but they still rekt my Skell and then I was completely Skell-less. AND I read there's another boss after this?

Just really frustrating. My last save is just before entering the Boss area, so that's okay (except I'm stuck in the story mission and can't do any affinities -_- and Lin and Elma are stuck in my party). I have money for 1 more level 50 Skell (probably medium size or cheaper heavy) but I think I also need one of those G-busters or whatever strong Skell weapons

I really wanted to clear the story so I could focus on Fates

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
So yesterday I tried the final (I think) chapter in XCX

And I was really annoyed with the format of it. I had grinded to 50 so I could get a level 50 Skell but I still had a hard time...

I beat the two forms of the (Playstation) Vita but my teammates Skells all died so I died to the monsters. Honestly I'm okay with losing and trying again BUT my teammates Skells are all gone with no way to retrieve them. I even tried again with the lowered difficulty but they still rekt my Skell and then I was completely Skell-less. AND I read there's another boss after this?

Just really frustrating. My last save is just before entering the Boss area, so that's okay (except I'm stuck in the story mission and can't do any affinities -_- and Lin and Elma are stuck in my party). I have money for 1 more level 50 Skell (probably medium size or cheaper heavy) but I think I also need one of those G-busters or whatever strong Skell weapons

I really wanted to clear the story so I could focus on Fates
Something that would help you, is getting a 50 skell, with G-buster, and phoenix. You can farm them, by killing pugs at the nothwest in the white continent.
Sorry, just currently at work, hence the unclear description.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Bravely Second is out in America yet. When is does get released i'll be sure to pick it up asap. I really enjoyed Bravely Default, so I'm sure i'll enjoy Second as well.
Kinda the same with PXZ. After I made my "Review" of it a while back, I decided to play it again and got kinda addicted to it again and actually finished it too. I'm not getting it the day it comes out or anything like that. I'll probably wait for a price drop or a sale on the Eshop like I did for PXZ1 (Got it for $20 bucks.)
Xenoblade X...I have VERY mixed feelings about this game and just about everything in the game. I don't know if I like the game or not. The visuals are astounding and a few pieces of music are great, but that's about it. Even the Skells don't really impress me anymore. I feel like they spent waaaaay to much on the exploration part of the game. It could just be me not enjoying exploration in games that much, but its way to explore heavy for me to enjoy it. I know ive already said this here (Or many it was in that youtube comment I made as a little review), but i'll say it again. This game just doesn't mix well with me. The only REAL reason I continued after chapter 3 or 4. Was because of the Skells. And when they didn't impress me that much (And losing almost 3 hours of grinding from that dumb glitch that needs to be fixed). I stopped playing the game. Later I tried playing it again and got to chapter 10, got the flight module, and got to the boss, got rekted beyond belief, and quit again. Theres a lot more I could about this game, but I'm not going to. I'd take up too much space on the social.
Basically. Its a good game, just not my style of game. I'm probably gonna be on and off with this game for a while till I finally beat it and be sad that its not nearly as good as the first Xenoblade. Over a years worth of hype down the drain.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I don't think Bravely Second is out in America yet. When is does get released i'll be sure to pick it up asap. I really enjoyed Bravely Default, so I'm sure i'll enjoy Second as well.
Kinda the same with PXZ. After I made my "Review" of it a while back, I decided to play it again and got kinda addicted to it again and actually finished it too. I'm not getting it the day it comes out or anything like that. I'll probably wait for a price drop or a sale on the Eshop like I did for PXZ1 (Got it for $20 bucks.)
Xenoblade X...I have VERY mixed feelings about this game and just about everything in the game. I don't know if I like the game or not. The visuals are astounding and a few pieces of music are great, but that's about it. Even the Skells don't really impress me anymore. I feel like they spent waaaaay to much on the exploration part of the game. It could just be me not enjoying exploration in games that much, but its way to explore heavy for me to enjoy it. I know ive already said this here (Or many it was in that youtube comment I made as a little review), but i'll say it again. This game just doesn't mix well with me. The only REAL reason I continued after chapter 3 or 4. Was because of the Skells. And when they didn't impress me that much (And losing almost 3 hours of grinding from that dumb glitch that needs to be fixed). I stopped playing the game. Later I tried playing it again and got to chapter 10, got the flight module, and got to the boss, got rekted beyond belief, and quit again. Theres a lot more I could about this game, but I'm not going to. I'd take up too much space on the social.
Basically. Its a good game, just not my style of game. I'm probably gonna be on and off with this game for a while till I finally beat it and be sad that its not nearly as good as the first Xenoblade. Over a years worth of hype down the drain.
Honestly... yeah, the story was really weak for me, but the gameplay, and visuals are still impressing me to this day.
It's like they used this game as testing ground, of what was possible, and I will look forward to their next work.
Xenoblade X may not be surpassing the original, but it is still a decent game, and worth the money. The story is not too good, but it had it's moments. Except the tatsu jokes.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
RIP Shulk Social thread.
Living in a PAL region...

Waaaaay too many people compare Xenoblade X to Xenoblade. They are not the same game. They are not really meant to be. I think XCX is X-ellent (sorry for the pun), it's not perfect but I don't think it's getting the credit it deserves.

Anyway, on topic for Shulk...
1) nair -> utilt, do we need to Art Cancel it?
2) Fought Marth and Pikachu last night. I'm gonna put half of it down to being super tired and not knowing matchups, but any thoughts on what I could do there? Pikachu I figure I can pull the same Shield shenanigans at early percents as with Mario's utilt combos. Marth, I'm not really sure what to do. His range is almost as good as Shulk's now and the startup on his attacks are much better than ours. Our optimal range is his tipper range. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
Anyway, on topic for Shulk...
1) nair -> utilt, do we need to Art Cancel it?
2) Fought Marth and Pikachu last night. I'm gonna put half of it down to being super tired and not knowing matchups, but any thoughts on what I could do there? Pikachu I figure I can pull the same Shield shenanigans at early percents as with Mario's utilt combos. Marth, I'm not really sure what to do. His range is almost as good as Shulk's now and the startup on his attacks are much better than ours. Our optimal range is his tipper range. Any thoughts?
1. Nope. You can actually do rising nair out of shield in Jump mode into up tilt into forward air into whatever. I've had the whole string register as a true combo before, albeit not very often. It's kind of hard to pull off. But if you're just looking for nair into up tilt, you can do it fairly easily in Speed and Jump. It's actually one of Shulk's better combos at mid percent.
2. We actually outrange Marth by quite a bit. Be aware of the tipper forward air, as it's pretty much his best spacing option. Our forward air outranges Marth's by a fair margin (haha, see what I did there), and I'm pretty sure our neutral air outspaces Marth's forward air by a bit too. We also can effectively outmaneuver Marth in Speed and Jump, as Marth isn't too fast in this game because reasons. The thing the Marth has over us is better frame data. Try to anticipate his forward air and outspace it with a retreating fair of our own or something. Also, watch out for Dancing Blade, Shield Breaker, and Dolphin Slash out of shield (don't land directly in front of him).
As for Pikachu, I'm not too experienced in that matchup. Sorry.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
1. Nope. You can actually do rising nair out of shield in Jump mode into up tilt into forward air into whatever. I've had the whole string register as a true combo before, albeit not very often. It's kind of hard to pull off. But if you're just looking for nair into up tilt, you can do it fairly easily in Speed and Jump. It's actually one of Shulk's better combos at mid percent.
2. We actually outrange Marth by quite a bit. Be aware of the tipper forward air, as it's pretty much his best spacing option. Our forward air outranges Marth's by a fair margin (haha, see what I did there), and I'm pretty sure our neutral air outspaces Marth's forward air by a bit too. We also can effectively outmaneuver Marth in Speed and Jump, as Marth isn't too fast in this game because reasons. The thing the Marth has over us is better frame data. Try to anticipate his forward air and outspace it with a retreating fair of our own or something. Also, watch out for Dancing Blade, Shield Breaker, and Dolphin Slash out of shield (don't land directly in front of him).
As for Pikachu, I'm not too experienced in that matchup. Sorry.
Thanks for the tips against Marth (HAAA!) It could be that I'm not used to his new range. I was being trampled with jab -> ftilt / fsmash, fair -> uair or I'd shield a tipper fair and he'd go over my head and bair and 2/3s of my shield's gone. I guess if I see any in a tourney tomorrow I can try to put some of that into practise.

Why rising nair -> utilt? Wouldn't it be harder to land rising nair -> utilt than fast-fall nair -> utilt?

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
Why rising nair -> utilt? Wouldn't it be harder to land rising nair -> utilt than fast-fall nair -> utilt?
It is easier and a generally better option to use landing nair rather than rising nair. It's just another option to use if you think you can catch your opponent off guard or if you want to creatively punish a laggy move out of shield. I recommend only using rising nair sparingly, though. You are really vulnerable if you whiff or they block. Rising nair is however pretty good at blocking projectiles. It's pretty useful vs the Links, for example.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Waaaaay too many people compare Xenoblade X to Xenoblade. They are not the same game. They are not really meant to be. I think XCX is X-ellent (sorry for the pun), it's not perfect but I don't think it's getting the credit it deserves.
I have also used to heard that some people actually want the next Xenoblade game a sequel for the previous one. In my opinion. this could be good too, but just think about it. The next game a totally new story but with similar game style will make more new players play XCX and no need to worry about getting a minor spoil if they had not play the previous game.

So when I heard that Monolithsoft is planning to make another game, I hope it can be another spiritual successor.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Honestly... yeah, the story was really weak for me, but the gameplay, and visuals are still impressing me to this day.
It's like they used this game as testing ground, of what was possible, and I will look forward to their next work.
Xenoblade X may not be surpassing the original, but it is still a decent game, and worth the money. The story is not too good, but it had it's moments. Except the tatsu jokes.
Another thing I didn't talk about is that like EVERYTHING (Kinda ironically) is too small to see. Like HP and TP are barely seeable, shopping for equips is painfully long because I need to decipher the stats and words, the squad mission numbers are literally impossible to see, and the art palette is probably the worst case of this because you need to use it to beat the game and I don't even know what most of my arts do (With there bonus effects at least) because the words look like ~~~~~ to me. I know for a fact its not my eyes because I have 20-20 vision or at least something close to it. I personally like the first Xenoblade's combat better for many reasons. Like it being so much less painful to target different enemies (Or body parts in X), I can ACTUALLY SEE what my arts do, you can play as different characters with there own arts and stuff, Xeno 1 actually explains stuff (and in a way that people will actually read too), the cast's in Xeno 1 battle quotes are actually good (with the only good ones in Xeno X being recycled from Xeno 1), and a few other things I'm sure.

Do. NOT. Get me started on Tatsu. My dislike towards him is unbelieveable. They tried to make Riki again, they failed in so many ways its not funny. I hate him almost as much or as much I hate "Princess" Elise from Sonic 06. He's not funny and EVERY joke involving Tatsu was NO DONT EAT ME IM NOT A POTATO!!! or IM BETTER THEN LITERALLY EVERY BEING IN THE UNIVERSE!!! where as Riki made me laugh so many times. Tatsu's completely useless; where as Riki the ACTUAL Heropon was honestly one of the better characters in Xeno 1, with both battles and personality. In fact. Why does Tatsu have 2 biters on him? He does nothing with them. He's also the one that caused me to lose 3 hours of progress in X. His family more accurately. Ive NEVER seen or heard of a person that liked Tatsu. I don't think its possible. The only way that I can get ANY like towards him is if he does something in like the final boss or any boss that does something.
I think the best thing to compare Tatsu to. Is if you mixed a Nopon with Donald Trump, Gordon Ramsay, and a truck load of salt and disappointment.

And sorry for the wall of Salt and text.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I have also used to heard that some people actually want the next Xenoblade game a sequel for the previous one. In my opinion. this could be good too, but just think about it. The next game a totally new story but with similar game style will make more new players play XCX and no need to worry about getting a minor spoil if they had not play the previous game.

So when I heard that Monolithsoft is planning to make another game, I hope it can be another spiritual successor.
Takahashi's stated that he wants his next Xeno-game to be more story-driven, and there's rumours of XCX2, but time will tell.

Another thing I didn't talk about is that like EVERYTHING (Kinda ironically) is too small to see. Like HP and TP are barely seeable, shopping for equips is painfully long because I need to decipher the stats and words, the squad mission numbers are literally impossible to see, and the art palette is probably the worst case of this because you need to use it to beat the game and I don't even know what most of my arts do (With there bonus effects at least) because the words look like ~~~~~ to me. I know for a fact its not my eyes because I have 20-20 vision or at least something close to it. I personally like the first Xenoblade's combat better for many reasons. Like it being so much less painful to target different enemies (Or body parts in X), I can ACTUALLY SEE what my arts do, you can play as different characters with there own arts and stuff, Xeno 1 actually explains stuff (and in a way that people will actually read too), the cast's in Xeno 1 battle quotes are actually good (with the only good ones in Xeno X being recycled from Xeno 1), and a few other things I'm sure.

Do. NOT. Get me started on Tatsu. My dislike towards him is unbelieveable. They tried to make Riki again, they failed in so many ways its not funny. I hate him almost as much or as much I hate "Princess" Elise from Sonic 06. He's not funny and EVERY joke involving Tatsu was NO DONT EAT ME IM NOT A POTATO!!! or IM BETTER THEN LITERALLY EVERY BEING IN THE UNIVERSE!!! where as Riki made me laugh so many times. Tatsu's completely useless; where as Riki the ACTUAL Heropon was honestly one of the better characters in Xeno 1, with both battles and personality. In fact. Why does Tatsu have 2 biters on him? He does nothing with them. He's also the one that caused me to lose 3 hours of progress in X. His family more accurately. Ive NEVER seen or heard of a person that liked Tatsu. I don't think its possible. The only way that I can get ANY like towards him is if he does something in like the final boss or any boss that does something.
I think the best thing to compare Tatsu to. Is if you mixed a Nopon with Donald Trump, Gordon Ramsay, and a truck load of salt and disappointment.

And sorry for the wall of Salt and text.
Yeah, the text is pretty small, I feel bad for those with bad eyesight. However I think it's really on you to read what your Arts do when you set them. Try to position them in a way that you'll remember your combos or that makes sense to you.

You said not to get you started on Tatsu, but it sounds like you started yourself, lol. So here are my thoughts...
This again comes back to "comparisons to Xenoblade" that I talked about earlier (basically, I don't like that people are drawing comparisons when the games aren't meant to be the same).

Tatsu gets more of a bad wrap than he deserves. He's entirely meant to be a comic relief character. His "don't eat me" interactions are only ever with Lin, and in a couple of quests he's been like a Miran ambassador. He doesn't have too much significance from what I can tell, but neither did Riki to be honest. Sure, I wish he was a party member, but unlike a lot of other people seem to think, it doesn't automatically make him terrible. He isn't Riki, he's not meant to be. He's his own entity.

You may not want to hear this now, but that "BFFs" reported glitch isn't actually a glitch. I don't know if you skipped cutscenes or anything but you have to go and find Koko, she didn't "not spawn". If you look through your quest log it's there. I don't think you should've restarted your game...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Takahashi's stated that he wants his next Xeno-game to be more story-driven, and there's rumours of XCX2, but time will tell.
Indeed, no matter if it's going to be a new story or a Xenoblade game, or a XCX sequel. I'm sure it will be awesome.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, the text is pretty small, I feel bad for those with bad eyesight. However I think it's really on you to read what your Arts do when you set them. Try to position them in a way that you'll remember your combos or that makes sense to you.

You said not to get you started on Tatsu, but it sounds like you started yourself, lol. So here are my thoughts...
This again comes back to "comparisons to Xenoblade" that I talked about earlier (basically, I don't like that people are drawing comparisons when the games aren't meant to be the same).

Tatsu gets more of a bad wrap than he deserves. He's entirely meant to be a comic relief character. His "don't eat me" interactions are only ever with Lin, and in a couple of quests he's been like a Miran ambassador. He doesn't have too much significance from what I can tell, but neither did Riki to be honest. Sure, I wish he was a party member, but unlike a lot of other people seem to think, it doesn't automatically make him terrible. He isn't Riki, he's not meant to be. He's his own entity.

You may not want to hear this now, but that "BFFs" reported glitch isn't actually a glitch. I don't know if you skipped cutscenes or anything but you have to go and find Koko, she didn't "not spawn". If you look through your quest log it's there. I don't think you should've restarted your game...
I didn't restart the game completely, just loaded my save file. And yes it was on the quest list, but she didn't spawn. I looked up were she is during that mission, and she wasn't there. (I'm guessing monsters actually ate her.) Ok. I over react about Tatsu a lot, but I still dislike him to a pretty high degree. I also over react about Xeno X as a whole. I don't dislike this game. I just find it kinda boring and really cheap about some of the things like placing level 60s and 70s in the first area of the game out in the open. Again, I've never really enjoyed exploring in games that much, and this game is borderline the size of an MMO. You are literally not able to move on in the game unless you explore this world that after you see the same areas for an hour straight it gets boring.

Look. This is a good game. Theres just so many small things that range from not mattering to infuriating that just kinda ruin It for me. They focused to much on the world of Mira, and didn't focus enough on other things like character developing and story. They got carried away with the new toys they had access to on the Wii U that wasn't on the Wii. I am going to finish this game and be done with it. When? Probably before schools out. I'm done talking about Xeno X for a while, but any help on the chapter 10 boss would be very helpful. If you have any info or help on it, please PM it to me or something. I did like no damage to it first try. Thanks in advance with the help, and thanks for hearing my opinions and rage towards Tatsu.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I don't know about all that. Sure the main story is sorta inferior and characters are not as used, as well as the OPness of our avatars make them redundant (I don't even take them around anymore xD). However the side quests are definitely way superior to the original's and the other optional world building. Although the affinity chart of the first game was prettier!

It just gets a bit more flak than it should for minor annoyances which are bound to occur in a game so vast. Grinding being one of them which has always been an inherent part of RPGs in some form.There are some problems with the game, but for me they didn't give too many problems. The collectibles thing however....

And the combat, I love the combat. Nothing like killing Superbosses on foot, solo. Without longswords xD And customizing a skell to rule them all.

They are pretty different experiences while retaining a common base, the original with its story driven experience and also the one with started the Xenoblade series, and the sequel which greatly diversifies the combat and makes the exploration huge!

Considering all the sequel hooks, I would love a sequel to Xenoblade X but if the creator decides to create a different (yet similar) experience with the next game, I am all for it!

I love both games yea :)

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about all that. Sure the main story is sorta inferior and characters are not as used, as well as the OPness of our avatars make them redundant (I don't even take them around anymore xD). However the side quests are definitely way superior to the original's and the other optional world building. Although the affinity chart of the first game was prettier!

It just gets a bit more flak than it should for minor annoyances which are bound to occur in a game so vast. Grinding being one of them which has always been an inherent part of RPGs in some form.There are some problems with the game, but for me they didn't give too many problems. The collectibles thing however....

And the combat, I love the combat. Nothing like killing Superbosses on foot, solo. Without longswords xD And customizing a skell to rule them all.

They are pretty different experiences while retaining a common base, the original with its story driven experience and also the one with started the Xenoblade series, and the sequel which greatly diversifies the combat and makes the exploration huge!

Considering all the sequel hooks, I would love a sequel to Xenoblade X but if the creator decides to create a different (yet similar) experience with the next game, I am all for it!

I love both games yea :)
I've never really done missions or quests in games for whatever reason. I'll pick them up, but i'll rarely go out of my way to do them unless I'm doing a 100% run or the items I get really good. So that also goes with the collectibles thing to. So things like that don't exactly affect me. Also I've learned my lesson about doing affinity missions in Xeno X. The combat is honestly the same to me. The only differences between the 2 games combat are new/good/bad differences in Xeno X (Monster limbs, new arts, much smaller everything, skells, ect.)
At this point, all I can say is I just like Xenoblade 1 more. In fact. Maybe me playing Xenoblade 1 like 3 times in the first year and playing so much Pokémon recently too actually started playing it kinda made me sick of rpgs and that's why I'm not enjoying Xeno X as much as everyone else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Thanks for the tips against Marth (HAAA!) It could be that I'm not used to his new range. I was being trampled with jab -> ftilt / fsmash, fair -> uair or I'd shield a tipper fair and he'd go over my head and bair and 2/3s of my shield's gone. I guess if I see any in a tourney tomorrow I can try to put some of that into practise.

Well the tournament was interesting. Still not getting the same results I was getting before taking a break from Smash for about 5-6 months (real life caught up to me bad).

Round 1 was Bye'd.

Round 2... I saw who I was up against and it must've been fate. It was the Marth that traumatised me on Friday. On the train there, I was playing matches against Marth CPU on 3DS just to get a feel for his new range. Keeping in mind some of the things that ExcaliburGuy ExcaliburGuy said, like how Shulk still outranges Marth, I managed to keep out of tipper range and win. He swapped to Dr. Mario and I was a bit lost at what to do. I don't know if the early% Shield shenanigans work, so lost Round 2, and won Round 3 with a do-or-die Vision on his f-smash.

Round 3, I was up against one of the best players in the scene. Though for some reason he was playing Jiggs instead of Sheik. He also broke my shield and missed Rest and I mashed out of the stun, the crowd loved that. I think I could've beaten him, but simply not knowing what to do in the matchup got the better of me. And got me 0-deathed from edgeguarding. (Like Doc, no one here plays Jigglypuff either). 0-2.

Round 4 I was up against Lucas. Like literally every other character I've come to in this tournament, I've never faced them in a competitive match. B-reversed PK Fires all over, Rope Snakes. Jump Art recovered high and just nicked the last hit of dair and died. 0-2.

tl;dr, I do feel like I played better than I have been lately, but still scrubbed out due to going against characters that I've not encountered in a competitive sense before. I was planning to unveil my terrible Cloud at this event but it didn't happen, lol.

I didn't restart the game completely, just loaded my save file. And yes it was on the quest list, but she didn't spawn. I looked up were she is during that mission, and she wasn't there. (I'm guessing monsters actually ate her.) Ok. I over react about Tatsu a lot, but I still dislike him to a pretty high degree. I also over react about Xeno X as a whole. I don't dislike this game. I just find it kinda boring and really cheap about some of the things like placing level 60s and 70s in the first area of the game out in the open. Again, I've never really enjoyed exploring in games that much, and this game is borderline the size of an MMO. You are literally not able to move on in the game unless you explore this world that after you see the same areas for an hour straight it gets boring.

Look. This is a good game. Theres just so many small things that range from not mattering to infuriating that just kinda ruin It for me. They focused to much on the world of Mira, and didn't focus enough on other things like character developing and story. They got carried away with the new toys they had access to on the Wii U that wasn't on the Wii. I am going to finish this game and be done with it. When? Probably before schools out. I'm done talking about Xeno X for a while, but any help on the chapter 10 boss would be very helpful. If you have any info or help on it, please PM it to me or something. I did like no damage to it first try. Thanks in advance with the help, and thanks for hearing my opinions and rage towards Tatsu.
I think a lot of my defence of this game (and many others) is out of "let's give credit where credit is due", so I find that with this game I'm often arguing that despite not being Xenoblade Chronicles, it's still a damn fine game.
As for Tatsu, I take back a bit of what I said before about him not meaning to be like Riki. There are certainly elements of him that are meant to emulate Riki's role of "cute mascot character", such as his sense of self-importance and his cute appearance being juxtaposed against the cruel things he says. Again, my "credit where credit is due" senses kick in since there's a lot of people who'll say Tatsu sucks because he isn't Riki.

I personally think there's a tonne of character-building and it all plays into the world-building. It's all in the Affinity Quests. Ironically, that's where a lot of the depth in the plot lies too, and I think a lot of people miss that point.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Since I acknowledge that I will never get Wii U and Xenoblade Chronicles X, I started to watch Let's Plays of the game. So far I am watching awesomefaceprod's let's play. Any other channels that can recommend me to watch?

Top Bottom