• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Well if we're going to speculate on likely characters to be in the game and taking 1 of those 3 slots in the cast. I think along with quite a few other people, think that professer layton may be put in the game. Mainly because Layton's voice actor (I forgot his name) was found working with the smash4 team during development.
Another popular character going around being speculated for dlc is (I'm not kidding) Goku. Why? The latest conquest which is ki vs aura. Goku uses the crap out of ki. And yes while sakurai said no 4th party characters. He also said there wouldn't be dlc for smash4, and he also said after melee there wouldn't be another smash bros game. I also think he said that after brawl as well. And look at us now. Trying to find out new dlc for a smash bros game that came out after both melee and brawl.
Anyway. For the last character I have no idea, but I think wolf is the safest to guess with. Just because he's a very much wanted character and he was in a past smash game.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Well if we're going to speculate on likely characters to be in the game and taking 1 of those 3 slots in the cast. I think along with quite a few other people, think that professer layton may be put in the game. Mainly because Layton's voice actor (I forgot his name) was found working with the smash4 team during development.
Another popular character going around being speculated for dlc is (I'm not kidding) Goku. Why? The latest conquest which is ki vs aura. Goku uses the crap out of ki. And yes while sakurai said no 4th party characters. He also said there wouldn't be dlc for smash4, and he also said after melee there wouldn't be another smash bros game. I also think he said that after brawl as well. And look at us now. Trying to find out new dlc for a smash bros game that came out after both melee and brawl.
Anyway. For the last character I have no idea, but I think wolf is the safest to guess with. Just because he's a very much wanted character and he was in a past smash game.
I personally would look at Sakurai sideways if Goku got in, but I think there are enough loopholes for a guy like him to get in. There have been how many DBZ games now...? I'd love if that justification worked, because then Heiwajima Shizuo
<---
could also get in since he was in Dengeki Bunko. But that's giga-unlikely. And I would take Goku a thousand times before Shrek. I mean wth...

I'm trying to learn more about PM since there's a tourney on this island in a couple weeks... It's tempting to play Ike, I find his playstyle gels well with my Shulk mentality. Still, now I gotta learn all this stuff like Crouch Cancelling and L-Cancelling.... -_-

Also, halp, I'm getting drawn into the anime Blood Blockade Battlefront even though I know the final episode was indefinitely delayed...

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I feel like I should post here since I spend all of my time on smashboards in Shulk/Xenoblade centric conversations. I'm still waiting to see some Shulk players rank high in competitive smash. Guess I'll have to start going to tournaments myself -_-... kidding.

What else is being discussed here....
Goku in smash, hmmm. Interesting to think about but not going to happen.
PM is a lot of fun but I can't play it since the game is far too technical for me. Too lazy to put in the time and the effort. I've been curious about trying Brawl Minus for something different. Does anyone play that? Never see it mentioned.
Anime talk? I watch too many and just got into reading manga. This was discussed a while back but its funny how similar some of the opening scenes of Attack on Titan are to the first few hours of Xenoblade.

Goku in Smash 4? Really?

Anyway, been having trouble focusing on my studies lately. Pfffft. Been watching DBZ and Fairy Tail

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I can understand why you guys don't see Goku getting in smash4 and I don't see it happening either, but it would be cool. I can imagine the trainer with Goku being like so many strong opponents!
Anyway. I have a problem. My 3ds refuses to connect to my internet at my house. It knows the internet box is there but refuses to actually show the name of the box and rejects the password saying that the into I entered (which is the password) is wrong. I know the password I've been entering is correct and I'm getting tired of not being able to get online with my 3ds. I wanna play the Mario and Luigi paper jam demo really badly. Anyone have any ideas before I hassle Nintendo's support page?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I can understand why you guys don't see Goku getting in smash4 and I don't see it happening either, but it would be cool. I can imagine the trainer with Goku being like so many strong opponents!
Anyway. I have a problem. My 3ds refuses to connect to my internet at my house. It knows the internet box is there but refuses to actually show the name of the box and rejects the password saying that the into I entered (which is the password) is wrong. I know the password I've been entering is correct and I'm getting tired of not being able to get online with my 3ds. I wanna play the Mario and Luigi paper jam demo really badly. Anyone have any ideas before I hassle Nintendo's support page?
Idea #1: Firewall. Perhaps the settings are a little too secure for the 3DS to connect.
Idea #2: Format of the security on the router itself. You need to go directly to the IP address of the router to access these settings... There are certain types of security keys like WPA or WEP, etc. I don't know offhand which ones the 3DS complains at, but Nintendo's site has a list of these things.

There are probably other things I'm not thinking of atm...

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Idea #1: Firewall. Perhaps the settings are a little too secure for the 3DS to connect.
Idea #2: Format of the security on the router itself. You need to go directly to the IP address of the router to access these settings... There are certain types of security keys like WPA or WEP, etc. I don't know offhand which ones the 3DS complains at, but Nintendo's site has a list of these things.

There are probably other things I'm not thinking of atm...
Ok both of those reasons make sense, but the thing is is that I've connected to this internet modem before and just out of nowhere it just refused to even care about it. I'll hassle Nintendo in like 2 years about it because I'll keep forgetting and when I do remember I'll be doing something else.
Anyway. I Hope some of those dlc characters get announced soon because I'm tired of waiting for Nintendo to do things. I mean they all have why there taking long to be announced or released but still. Xenoblade X, the NX, and now pretty much 3 more dlc characters in Smash4. It's quite a bit to be waiting on at once.

Or Rayman
;______________;

Back in the day when we all hated Sheik, I was hoping for Rayman

At this point, I'm pretty much hoping that the next DLC is a Sheik counter. Lmao. We need Snake to come back in with his BRAWL frame data which means 21% f-tilts :^)

ey? ey?

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
;______________;

Back in the day when we all hated Sheik, I was hoping for Rayman

At this point, I'm pretty much hoping that the next DLC is a Sheik counter. Lmao. We need Snake to come back in with his BRAWL frame data which means 21% f-tilts :^)

ey? ey?
Would be OP lol

berserker took a leave of absence

I got interested in shulk recently and took him as a second main. I still main Rosalina but shulk is fun. I'll try my best to moderate these forums

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I know that.
I got interested in shulk recently and took him as a second main. I still main Rosalina but shulk is fun. I'll try my best to moderate these forums
I already decided to main Shulk and Rosalina ever since they were confirmed. However, I didn't really want Shulk in Smash because of the leaks, but after seeing his trailer, I thought he was awesome.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
New mod eh?
Well it kinda blows that berserker isn't here anymore, but anyway. Nice to have you on board .Lavani. It'll be nice getting to know you...though I may not be here much longer...as in a day if I don't stop it...life problems like my dad trying to send me somewhere that isn't where my mom is. I'd rather not go farther into it right now.
So what's up with you guys?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Feeling like my Shulk game is deteriorating instead of improving... So I'm going back to my roots and playing Robin more often than Shulk, hoping to develop better fundamentals without worrying about Monado Arts or super advanced techs. I'm still using Shulk, but more as a counterpick. I also really want to pick up Pit or Fox, but the former has such a hard time killing, and the latter needs more precision than I currently have...

Berserker. Berserker. , don't you mean that the entity "Berserker.", your previous incarnation, has just been put away as an excuse to main Rosalina and demote Shulk to secondary?

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
That moment someone spikes you though the floor on fg twice without even hitting you, calls you trash afterwards, then quits...

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
So, I recently got my own real-life Monado! It's life-size and everything. I never realized until I got it that the Monado was kind of a broad sword. I'll post pictures once I get access to a camera. I guess you could call me a true Monado Boy. :4shulk:

So, I thought of an idea that may help Shulk viability a bit. I thought it would be a good idea to replace Back Slash, with Monado Buster from Xenoblade Chronicles (the attack that goes in a straight line and does additional damage against Mechon), and to replace the current Buster with Enchant. Buster would have the same animation as Back Slash, but it would go a bit farther, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of Final Destination, and would deal about 6-7%. It wouldn't be the best move ever, but I think it would definitely help Shulk deal with campers.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I have been tainted. Some douchebag put a picture of a spoiler-y Xenoblade X weapon up on Facebook and I saw it. Admittedly it was pretty cool, but I'd much rather have discovered it for myself. I was spoiler-free for so long... I TRIED SO HARD, AND GOT SO FAAAAR-

I pulled an all-nighter working over the weekend, and decided to listen to the XCX soundtrack which I've had since about the time it was released. I'd put off listening to it, because of 'spoilers' - I consider music really important to games. Since I was half-asleep at the time I don't remember much at all - which is great, because I can still go through the discovery of all the cool music in-game. I do remember it being amazing though. That worked out really well. I got to hear it all and get a good feel for the music without putting myself into a situation where I'll be playing the game and knowing which track was which.

Speaking of pouring all my time into (real life), not touched Smash in about two months now. RIP to all the progress I'd made with learning MALLC. I TRIED SO HARD, AND G-

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
So, I recently got my own real-life Monado! It's life-size and everything. I never realized until I got it that the Monado was kind of a broad sword. I'll post pictures once I get access to a camera. I guess you could call me a true Monado Boy. :4shulk:

So, I thought of an idea that may help Shulk viability a bit. I thought it would be a good idea to replace Back Slash, with Monado Buster from Xenoblade Chronicles (the attack that goes in a straight line and does additional damage against Mechon), and to replace the current Buster with Enchant. Buster would have the same animation as Back Slash, but it would go a bit farther, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of Final Destination, and would deal about 6-7%. It wouldn't be the best move ever, but I think it would definitely help Shulk deal with campers.
I love using back slash. Most people tend to use it wrong or not use it at all. I might over use the move, however it works great for mix ups and reads. Definitely won me a few close sets. A weak move with that much range sounds interesting and certainly different, but I'm not really a fan.

Edit: Also, having a real life Monado sounds awesome.

Edit again:

AlvisCPU AlvisCPU I understand how you feel. I was so pissed and then somewhat sad when I accidentally stumbled upon a spoiler about Elma while reading about Fiora in Project X Zone 2. Thankfully it was only a picture and I'm blind on X besides that. So much for replicating my blind Xenoblade Chronicles experience. I'm sure we'll both still enjoy the game since we're big fans

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I am completely blind on Story....
I however do know the mechanics of X, and some of the battle system.
I have seen a little bit of the world, but I have a ton to experience.
Overall, I have done a good job of being spoiler free.

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
I have been tainted. Some douchebag put a picture of a spoiler-y Xenoblade X weapon up on Facebook and I saw it. Admittedly it was pretty cool, but I'd much rather have discovered it for myself. I was spoiler-free for so long... I TRIED SO HARD, AND GOT SO FAAAAR-
I mean, theoretically, it's not THAT big of a spoiler since there will hopefully be a few weapons in Xenoblade X. At least it wasn't a huge plot spoiler or anything like that. That would've probably changed your gaming experience a bit.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Hi, it's been a while since I've posted in Colony 6.

I love Xenoblade Chronicle's soundtrack. However, that music is trash compared to The Valedictory Elegy remix that I just unlocked. Now you're just another stage with NOT YOUR MUSIC playing.

smh byee :secretkpop:

Top Bottom