• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the Night variant myself. Ironically enough, most of the side quests you do there tend to be in the Daytime.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

Umm, but there are a lot of favorites.

Anyways, I've been posting this like everywhere else, so might as well put it here too!:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I did a casual Elma drawing kthxbai

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Umm, but there are a lot of favorites.

Anyways, I've been posting this like everywhere else, so might as well put it here too!:
I haven't really notice that glitch until I saw that video.

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
Man.... Is it just me, or does scoring a dair spike on a Shiek feel absolutely great.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
It's not just you. It's a fact. It's almost just as good as killing someone with a proper Back Slash. (Dare I say, better than the Knee?)

If you manage to somehow edgeguard a decent Sheik player, you should feel amazed or accomplished regardless of which character you're using

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Gonna say this now, I hate fighting :rosalina:&:4kirby: as Shulk.

Especially the latter.
Jump Kirby is bull****

Gonna say this now, I hate fighting :rosalina:&:4kirby: as Shulk.

Especially the latter.
Jump Kirby is bull****
Those characters were discussed in the MU thread:

Rosalina
Kirby

Against Kirby, avoid throwing out attacks with a lot of commitment, wall him out, avoid getting inhaled. Mostly, just wall Kirby out. His range is severely lacking and his mobility is bad too. As for Rosalina, space your attacks against luma. Smash art is great against luma. Once Luma is out, you can basically go all-in against Rosalina with whatever art you want

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Kirby's dair "spikes" feel horrible to be hit by. So pathetic, but pretty effective. Kind of like Sonic's up-B gimps...

Oh yeah, so by about two weeks for now this Smash event in my area.
By this point, I wanted to have learned:
  • Perfect pivoting
  • MALLC
  • A secondary character to take Shulk's bad matchups
  • Learn Shulk's play against top tier characters
  • Practise
What I have learned:
  • MALLC, kinda
Oh well. Fingers crossed I still make it out of pools. That's my goal.

I'm not sure how I'll ever mange to practice perfect pivoting. I really want to because I feel like it has potential to make Shulk's spacing a lot more lethal than it is. Thing is, I don't have a Wii U and I only ever get access to one once or twice a week

If you want a secondary that'd cover Shulk's bad match ups, pick between Mario or Sheik. Maybe Fox is a good idea but he's really hard to use. Basically, any top tier would be an amazing secondary for Shulk because... well, they're top tier. Lol

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
@ AlvisCPU AlvisCPU at least you can go to tourneys and play offline unlike me lol. I played once offline and it was against friends who never played smash before. I feel sad.
@ Berserker. Berserker. Man, get that Wii U. It's really worth it, although I think you're gonna get it with X anyway lol. Also, PP is good, but the problem is the execution. I get it constantly on the left but I suck about the right side f.e.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Ive been doing well in avoiding Xenoblade Chronicles X spoilers and haven't been giving much thought of it up until yesterday after listening to some music from it again. (Dang it MasterEnix) Nooooo...the urge is back...:cry: I need to forget about it again...

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Ive been doing well in avoiding Xenoblade Chronicles X spoilers and haven't been giving much thought of it up until yesterday after listening to some music from it again. (Dang it MasterEnix) Nooooo...the urge is back...:cry: I need to forget about it again...
I'm clean. Still haven't watched any of them recent(ish) trailers or listened to songs other than ones from trailers.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm clean. Still haven't watched any of them recent(ish) trailers or listened to songs other than ones from trailers.
Yeah, both songs I listened to were from the trailers.

Also:
Shulk finally got reunited with Fiora in XC. Ahhhh the feels!!! Keep in mind I started playing this game over a year ago and just recently got back into it so the feelings were intensified

Last edited:
The only soundtrack I listened to from Xenoblade X was Codename Z and "The Key that we've lost" or something

I don't know anything about Xenoblade X at the moment. Hopefully, it will stay that way until I manage to get the game (and a Wii U while I'm at it)

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'm not sure how I'll ever mange to practice perfect pivoting. I really want to because I feel like it has potential to make Shulk's spacing a lot more lethal than it is. Thing is, I don't have a Wii U and I only ever get access to one once or twice a week

If you want a secondary that'd cover Shulk's bad match ups, pick between Mario or Sheik. Maybe Fox is a good idea but he's really hard to use. Basically, any top tier would be an amazing secondary for Shulk because... well, they're top tier. Lol
Think I've probably already discussed this here at some point, but at the moment the only other character I really play is Palutena... but she suffers from the same fast characters that Shulk does. I've been thinking about picking up one of Mario, Luigi, Fox or Captain Falcon for various reasons, but I've literally spent no time looking into what they do. Other than Mario and Luigi throw-comboing like jerks.

Last edited:
Think I've probably already discussed this here at some point, but at the moment the only other character I really play is Palutena... but she suffers from the same fast characters that Shulk does. I've been thinking about picking up one of Mario, Luigi, Fox or Captain Falcon for various reasons, but I've literally spent no time looking into what they do. Other than Mario and Luigi throw-comboing like jerks.
Pick up Mario then. He has a better MU spread than pretty much all the characters you've listed

He's not that hard to use and he's extremely solid. He's purely about fundamentals so for as long as you know how to do well at the neutral and how to optimize your advantage, Mario will bring you really far. You can check out the Mario boards for more info but I too know how to use the character so if you don't feel like checking out the Mario boards (which you should do btw), then feel free to ask me about the red plumber

Last edited:

The_Art_of_Smash

Smash Rookie
NNID
The_Art_of_Smash
Hey, guys I'm a new member, whose a Shulk main. Guess I'm one of the small handful of Shulk mains who never played Xenoblade Chronicles. (I'll get around to it someday). I main Shulk because I love the way he plays. The 5 arts allow him to play in different ways. We also can't forget about that awesome range too!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
The only songs I've listened to (aside from directs) are the ones posted on the Japanese site. I think there were 4. Main Theme, Forgotten World, and two others that I don't know the names to.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
Hey, guys I'm a new member, whose a Shulk main. Guess I'm one of the small handful of Shulk mains who never played Xenoblade Chronicles. (I'll get around to it someday). I main Shulk because I love the way he plays. The 5 arts allow him to play in different ways. We also can't forget about that awesome range too!
Eyyy! You're the Shulk I met on Anther's Ladder, right? Welcome to Smashboards.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Oh ok. Haha well that's a coincidence! But he's got a cool name, referencing a special move in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door. Lol
I'm sure it could be a reference to a few things. I instantly thought of the 90's kids TV show. Goooood times :laugh:

Edit: So in doubles I regularly team up with a Sonic player. We usually just run around at the speed of sound and try not to kill each other and it works out pretty well - but I've been trying to think of things we could do to actually work together. I know we can throw into Back Slash, Sonic can tackle the quick guys Shulk hates, could probably pull some stuff like Sonic fthrow -> Shulk uair... is there anything useful that you guys can think of?

Last edited:
I'm sure it could be a reference to a few things. I instantly thought of the 90's kids TV show. Goooood times :laugh:

Edit: So in doubles I regularly team up with a Sonic player. We usually just run around at the speed of sound and try not to kill each other and it works out pretty well - but I've been trying to think of things we could do to actually work together. I know we can throw into Back Slash, Sonic can tackle the quick guys Shulk hates, could probably pull some stuff like Sonic fthrow -> Shulk uair... is there anything useful that you guys can think of?
Any throw can set-up very well into any of Shulk's attacks. Sonic's b-throw -> Back slash sounds good. Sonic can also perform a spin dash combo while you're there readying an up air. Idk much about Shulk and Sonic. That's all I can think of

Also, JP tier list. Shulk is 34th in C tier. Was hoping for D tier but this will do. Now let's hope we get another buff ;)

Scarhi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eriaaasu

I sometimes team with a Sonic player as well and we like to do Sonic Dthrow -> Shulk Usmash as a kill setup :) Basically Sonic's Dthrow keeps them close enough to the ground that you can follow up with pretty much anything as long as you hit them before they hit the ground and tech =)
Also at some percentages Sonic has a guaranteed footstool after his spindash so it can setup for Shulk's Usmash/Fsmash/Back slash too !

Shulk's Fthrow and Bthrow also lead pretty nicely to Sonic's Fair and Bair =)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Updated progress!

[collapse=]
I'm back on Prison Island and I've completed Colony 6! I've got almost all of the armor sets I wanted and even finished Replica Monado 1, now I've just got a few stray quests left... But I'm way underleveled to take on these 90+ monsters. I've also got 100% on the Collectopaedia other than the... "Other" section. Not sure what else I have left to do before continuing after Dickson.
[/collapse]

Top Bottom