• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mainly, he provides motivation for Sharla to join the party. Whilst Sharla wants to keep Colony 6 safe, I don't think there's any denying that Juju and Gadolt would be her priority. He also provides the player with a unique character to liaise with for the reconstruction of Colony 6. I know you said the main story, I think this is an important reason to have him around.

Not sure how serious you are, but it's mostly for the name pun.
Juju gets into some bad situations because he's a goddamn idiot.
**** you mate, Juju is bae :troll:

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
OK so now i may as well ask this as well. I'm thinking about doing a 100% playthough of Xenoblade chronicles and I KNOW for a fact that I can't do it by myself, so I'm asking you guys for help with this 100% playthough. Pretty much anything will be helpful to me because I don't usually do 100% playthoughs of any game and this is by far the biggest game I've ever played with hundreds of like everything in this game. Nothing YouTube please I'd rather not be dying by the time I'm done with this. Things that I know will help me a lot will be like a quest list that tells me the best order to do them, prerequisites, where the people are that give the quests are, pretty much anything. Though I can understand if no one wants to help because even helping someone with this kinda thing is a lot of work. If anyone helps I thank you in advance.
I made a guide for the sidequests and Heart-to-Hearts. By following this guide, you can save a lot of time and learn where you can easily get materials/collectibles.

Attachments

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
At the very least, I'd advise looking up:
  • Timed Quests (so you don't progress too far in the story by mistake)
  • Mutually exclusive quests (taking one will cancel the ability to take the other)
  • Who to send to Colony 6 (some will not go if certain others are there)
  • Depends on what you call "100%", but Unique Monster for the Affinity Coins, and where they're found (so you don't miss any from areas that are lost)
When I say 100% I mean.
All affinity coins
450 completed quests
Entire affinity chart (I don't need this to fee done withl this but I hope to get the best chart I can)
Collectapedia all pages filled.
Colony 6 rebuilt.
All heart to hearts.
All skill trees for all characters.
All arts at level 10 and all arts.
And all of the superbosses heads mounted firmly on my wall.
There may be a few things I've forgotten because of how massive this game is, but pretty much when I'm done with this game I wanna feel like I'm REALLY done with this game (but that doesn't mean I will not still play the game).

And @ TrueSapphire TrueSapphire thanks for the guide, but its not letting me open it. Im working on finding out why so I can fix but thanks anyway.

AND @ kenniky kenniky I mean that by watching a non 100% playthough of Xenoblade chronicles will take way long let alone a 100% playthough of this game,and then actually doing the playthough will probably take even longer.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
When I say 100% I mean.
All affinity coins
450 completed quests
Entire affinity chart (I don't need this to fee done withl this but I hope to get the best chart I can)
Colony 6 rebuilt.
All heart to hearts.
There may be a few things I've forgotten because of how massive this game is, but pretty much when I'm done with this game I wanna feel like I'm REALLY done with this game (but that doesn't mean I will not still play the game).

And @ TrueSapphire TrueSapphire thanks for the guide, but its not letting me open it. Im working on finding out why so I can fix but thanks anyway.
You mean, what Chuggaconroy did, except playing it multible times through for all the different paths?

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
You mean, what Chuggaconroy did, except playing it multible times through for all the different paths?
Yes to the first statement infact i was origally going to use chuggas lp to do this but he did it in a weird way that is to much for me handle and remember. And im not doing a 100% playthough twice for 30 quests. I might save on a different file and do the other quests of there but I'm not two full playthoughs.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I'm using chuggaaconroy's. It's very well put together, actually. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use it. Just skip past all the cutscenes and stuff.

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
When I say 100% I mean.
All affinity coins
450 completed quests
Colony 6 rebuilt.
All heart to hearts.

I'm still new to uploading files on this site, so I kinda expected this possibility. What type of file can you open? Maybe I can upload a different type of file?:confused:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I'm still new to uploading files on this site, so I kinda expected this possibility. What type of file can you open? Maybe I can upload a different type of file?:confused:
I'm not sure but I'm using an Acer iPad so anything that can be opened on that.
And if all else fails you can email me the file.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I'm using chuggaaconroy's. It's very well put together, actually. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to use it. Just skip past all the cutscenes and stuff.
I'm not using his although it is really well put together, he did the quests in a way that will make me forget about the others or the ones after that quest.

And nvm I got a PDF file reader for my iPad and I can open the file now, and thanks for it. I can tell just by looking at it that it's going to be a big help.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I'm not using his although it is really well put together, he did the quests in a way that will make me forget about the others or the ones after that quest.
??? He saves the quests until he can do the entire chain. You won't forget about the ones after it, because you'll do them immediately. Plus you don't even need to remember them.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Well, had an interesting weekend, as far as Smash goes...

Was told that there would be monthly tournaments at the hobby shop on the west side of the island, and one of them was scheduled for yesterday. Turns out, not enough people showed up, so we just played a ton of friendly Free For Alls with 3-4 players at a time. I played Shulk for most of them, throwing in Robin or random a few times.

And over two hours of play... I won about 90% of the free for alls. xD Hawaii has a very weak competitive scene... Can count the serious players on this island on two hands. In any case, I DID see the guy who kicked my can in the first tournament I was ever in (he took second), and he joined for a few FFAs. Happily, I won the FFAs he was involved in, so I know I'm growing. Someday, I could very well learn the Monado's power... In my dreams. :drsad:

In any case, they got pretty sick of me winning so many battles, so for the last three games, we did team battles.
G1: One of the three other players chose to join my team, and he uses a Kirby that spams copy abilities, Down B, and Up B. About 30 seconds in, his 3DS dies (which was his controller; we were playing on Wii U though), leaving me to fight the other two alone. Shulk wins without grave peril.

G2: Now all three of them are on Blue Team against poor defenseless Shulk. Shulk vs. R.O.B., Kirby, and ZSS. Blue team won, but only after I took one of them out, and brought the other two down to 1 and 2 stocks each.

G3: Still 3v1. Up against Wii Fit Trainer, Kirby, and I can't remember if the third was Falcon or ROB. WFT just sits at the stage edge, spamming Deep Breathing, Soccer Header, and Sun Salutation, lol. The other two gang up on me, trying to keep me between them. By the time they both were eliminated, I was on my last stock, and around 120%, while the remaining Wii Fit Trainer had two stocks and medium damage. After eating a fully charged Sun Salutation, I saw that he was ONLY using Salutation, Header, and Breathing. I power shielded his projectiles, broke in, and combo'd him into an edge-guard kill. One stock left, I'm at 169%. I go for Buster and Shield, swapping them and dodging/blocking everything, and having a ball whenever I got WFT into the air. Understand that this person had zero air game... Eventually, I sealed the stock with a Smash Art FSmash, winning.

Thankfully, i was quick enough on the draw to save the replay at the results screen. For having to leave at that point, I'm happy I went out with a bang. :3

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go get knocked down to Bronze II on Anther's Ladder...

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
And nvm I got a PDF file reader for my iPad and I can open the file now, and thanks for it. I can tell just by looking at it that it's going to be a big help.
Now that is taken care of, I need to tell you this.

The guide was made...just for me. I can fully understand what I wrote on this guide; it's just a raw upload.

Still, if you have questions, you can PM me.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Now that is taken care of, I need to tell you this.

The guide was made...just for me. I can fully understand what I wrote on this guide; it's just a raw upload.

Still, if you have questions, you can PM me.
OK man. I can understand most of it but I can figure it out later. I'm not starting it in till maybe tomorrow.

XcerosZeku

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Zeku
3DS FC
2878-9650-2437
Thanks for the help berserker but does it work the same way against villager?

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Speaking of JRPG's

Anyone here planning on getting Persona 5?
I plan to at some time. The only actual Persona game I played was 3 and I fairly enjoyed it. I've seen the anime and played the Arena games. Sho Minazuki was the best thing to ever come from that series.

Oh and welcome @ valakmtnsmash4 valakmtnsmash4 ! I come every now and then when everything doesn't get too technical.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I plan to at some time. The only actual Persona game I played was 3 and I fairly enjoyed it. I've seen the anime and played the Arena games. Sho Minazuki was the best thing to ever come from that series.

Oh and welcome @ valakmtnsmash4 valakmtnsmash4 ! I come every now and then when everything doesn't get too technical.
I've played persona q shadow of the laboranth. By the half point of the game I was tired of it and moved back to Smash4. I recently tryed again to fully play the game. Got about to the same place and just stopped and said nope I'm done here. Not sure if its the game or me. I personally don't think it's worth the full 50 dollars I payed for it.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Everyone. there will be a new member joining Smashboards today. Welcome @ valakmtnsmash4 valakmtnsmash4 to the Shulk boards.
Please give him the Colony 9 welcome!
: "Let's give 'em a warm Homs welcome!"

I've played persona q shadow of the laboranth. By the half point of the game I was tired of it and moved back to Smash4. I recently tryed again to fully play the game. Got about to the same place and just stopped and said nope I'm done here. Not sure if its the game or me. I personally don't think it's worth the full 50 dollars I payed for it.
If my understanding is correct (it really might not be), Persona is a Shin Megami Tensei spinoff, but PQ actually plays more like SMT. Haven't played any yet, though my brother has it. That battle music is drawing me in. I could get into it I think, just got >9000 other things I need to finish playing... when I actually manage to find time to play things.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
: "Let's give 'em a warm Homs welcome!"

If my understanding is correct (it really might not be), Persona is a Shin Megami Tensei spinoff, but PQ actually plays more like SMT. Haven't played any yet, though my brother has it. That battle music is drawing me in. I could get into it I think, just got >9000 other things I need to finish playing... when I actually manage to find time to play things.
Isn't Persona Q supposed to play like Etrian Odyssey? Having dungeon-crawling and map building elements with Persona characters and their battle system.

Although I will definitely buy Persona Q when it goes on discount since I love SMT and I love Etrian Odyssey. A combo of both will be divine :D

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I got a story for you guys.

So I just got done collecting those stupid ice cabbages for upgrading the nature level of Colony 6. Took me TWO ****ING DAYS!

After taking a quick look on Xenoblade Wiki, it looks like had I not invited Yura to Colony 6, I would've been able to wait until after the Mechonis Core to have it done easier then.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

So I just got done collecting those stupid ice cabbages for upgrading the nature level of Colony 6. Took me TWO ****ING DAYS!

After taking a quick look on Xenoblade Wiki, it looks like had I not invited Yura to Colony 6, I would've been able to wait until after the Mechonis Core to have it done easier then.
You are going to absolutely LOVE collecting Rainbow slugs for Jar Jar Juju.

I know I did :p

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

You honestly should have waited and done other quests around Valak Mt. before then.

A nice way to farm collectibles (since each item orb has different chances) is to walk around until you find the item you need, then continuously reload and collect the item orb there. You're guaranteed that that item orb has the item you want, and you don't need to spend time walking.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Yeah I don't think a Mii Costume should be viewed as absolute deconfirmation

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Are you guys trying to argue who's the best Persona 4 character? Because there's only one answer

<3

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I really feel like I should be contributing to the competitive Shulk discussions but everyone seems to beat me to what I want to say, and say it better than I could have. Plus some of you work pretty hard on Shulk, working out his uses for different little techs, customs, strategies, matchups... it's all great stuff. I just sit here reading away, and more than half of the competitive Smash terminology still goes over my head, I don't know what the frame data is like for other characters so I don't know how much slower Shulk is, there's knockbacks and damage and sweet/sourspot numbers flying around everywhere...

It feels... weird. I feel like a filthy casual by comparison. I want to contribute but don't really think I'm able to.

All the same, hey, great job to those of you who are pushing that front forward. I appreciate it, someone's gotta do it :laugh:

Isn't Persona Q supposed to play like Etrian Odyssey? Having dungeon-crawling and map building elements with Persona characters and their battle system.

Although I will definitely buy Persona Q when it goes on discount since I love SMT and I love Etrian Odyssey. A combo of both will be divine :D
I have played a the demo of Etrian Odyssey IV and a few hours of SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. So my knowledge isn't the best, but... from what I've seen, yeah, you've got that kind of 3D-but-grid-based movement, map building and the giant enemies that you'll try to avoid.

I have had EO4 unopened for about two years now... hmm... once I kill off some of my backlog I might have to open it. Either before/after Ni No Kuni, which is in the same situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom