• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey folks!
Now we have some good reviews.
Take a look!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tfO-elYLCSqnqk81vvPcXPGaMEG7o8qZIg8w-JVpZO0/pub
There are no spoilers(I didn't read the guide though, so read at your digression.
Dengeki calls Xenoblade X an RPG masterpiece, and one of the most complete experiences you ever had.
They go into how you earn money as well. You don't get much money from monsters, but you get it from your union and the research you get from probes!
Story is there as well, so don't worry guys!

Almost all of my fears of Xenoblade X have been quelled. Get ready to play the best game of all time!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Hey, now, hey, now, I liked the FFXIII's and what I played of Other M :crying:
Hey folks!
Now we have some good reviews.
Take a look!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tfO-elYLCSqnqk81vvPcXPGaMEG7o8qZIg8w-JVpZO0/pub
There are no spoilers(I didn't read the guide though, so read at your digression.
Dengeki calls Xenoblade X an RPG masterpiece, and one of the most complete experiences you ever had.
They go into how you earn money as well. You don't get much money from monsters, but you get it from your union and the research you get from probes!
Story is there as well, so don't worry guys!

Almost all of my fears of Xenoblade X have been quelled. Get ready to play the best game of all time!
I posted that on the page previous to yours ;) (though the translation was incomplete when I did.)
Hearing this is reassuring: "I played this review copy for much more than 100 hours, but there was still so much left to see in the game. There were many things we were unable to fit into this review, so we hope you play it yourself to experience all of its limitless fun!"

I feel like I understand not being able to change party members outside of the city here better than I could in Xillia 2, at least from a story standpoint. It's not like these people's lives are dedicated to helping you on your mission and are constantly following you from location to location. The party members in XCX technically have their own work to do for B.L.A.D.E., which could require them to remain in NLA or be elsewhere on Mira. Plus if the fast travel system is anything like Xenoblade's, I can't imagine it being too much of a hassle to return to NLA to change party members if you really need to.
I hope so. At the moment I'm planning to think of them more as guests. But at the moment it looks like we've got very, very few regular party members - just Elma and Lyn. I'd rather have some of the other guys, like Irina, Guin, etc. stick around more permanently and have those guest characters just help you out on their quests. I know FFXII had, maybe twice, where an AI would join you for a fight but not as a guest party member. They're more like a third party and can't directly be interfaced with. It was cool to see someone extra jump in and help you, and I liked that. At the same time, I think I prefer what XCX has going here though in what looks like quest-based allies, where an NPC becomes a playable ally for a quest they've set. It just seems odd that you can't even fill out a four-man squad... (... well, as far as we know.)

EDIT: This may be of interest to some.
This was said to Famitsu: "I already have some ideas for Bravely Third in my head. If Bravely Second sells well, I plan on presenting plans for it right away. Thank you for your continued support." — Tomoya Asano

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
New Xenoblade X trailer.
Shows off several cutscenes. I think this is possibly my favourite so far. I want to play the music, it's so pretty...

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, unions! I want the union that lets me kill everything I want :p
Ok Miss Avalanche...
I'm not sure which Union I want though... I think pathfinder, interceptor, and arms would be really cool.
I think we should all have at least one person in each union in our Smashboards squad though.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Wasn't Interceptor the one to kill everything?
Well, not really, but sort of. Interceptor is more in charge of military missions, such as rescuing civilians, and eliminating growth(as far as I understand it). Avalanche is the Union where you go and slaughter dangerous monsters like a badass.
The two are very similar(much like how pathfinder and testament are), but they aren't the same thing.
In that new trailer, at 1:23 there's a creature that is a Telethia. Interesting...
Fixed that for you mate. We have known that telethia are in the game since E3's treehouse footage. We have seen them time and time again I various trailers and directs as well. This isn't exactly new news.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Xenoblade X was "westernized" by taking major inspirations from games like Skyrim and Dragon Age. Edit: and Mass Effect.

With that, its no surprise Famitsu gave it 34/40. They absolutely can't stand for Japanese developers to have westernized inspirations. Demon's Souls is a great example.

Last edited:

walph

Smash Rookie
hello guys.
I'm playing xenoblade since...days ago, and I'm enjoying.
The battle system is not complicated as I thought it would be, and this is so addictive!!! I am fighting every monster that appears to me (but if I see a level 50-75 monster I quickly run away lol).
And...i am heading for Colony 6 now :p

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
hello guys.
I'm playing xenoblade since...days ago, and I'm enjoying.
The battle system is not complicated as I thought it would be, and this is so addictive!!! I am fighting every monster that appears to me (but if I see a level 50-75 monster I quickly run away lol).
And...i am heading for Colony 6 now :p
I apologize in advance for any spoilers you may encounter. That being said, I hope you enjoy your time with Xenoblade Chronicles!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Speaking of Spoilers.

With Xeno X about to come out in Japan, I humbly ask that any details from the game, be they text or video, to please be put into spoilers. A lot of people here are very likely interested in the game, so please respect the fact they likely don't want to be spoiled on story details, boss fights or music. We're of course ok if you discuss it here, but like I said, please be courteous and use the spoiler tags. Alternatively you can use the Nintenzone section of the site to discuss it (I would link a thread, but I actually couldn't find one lol, so hey, if someone can check in more detail and still can't find one, feel free to make your own).

Also, while this is the Shulk forums, I ask you do not make a thread here for XCX discussion, as outside this social thread, the threads here are dedicated to Shulk in Smash Bros. Sorry to "nag" as it were, but I imagine a lot of us are excited so I thought I'd just remind everyone to keep this stuff in mind.

EDIT: Thought Id show you guys the pretty MU chart @jaeohjae is working on atm

Obviously it's not done, but I just wanted to give the hard working guy a shout out

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Speaking of Spoilers.

With Xeno X about to come out in Japan, I humbly ask that any details from the game, be they text or video, to please be put into spoilers. A lot of people here are very likely interested in the game, so please respect the fact they likely don't want to be spoiled on story details, boss fights or music. We're of course ok if you discuss it here, but like I said, please be courteous and use the spoiler tags. Alternatively you can use the Nintenzone section of the site to discuss it (I would link a thread, but I actually couldn't find one lol, so hey, if someone can check in more detail and still can't find one, feel free to make your own).

Also, while this is the Shulk forums, I ask you do not make a thread here for XCX discussion, as outside this social thread, the threads here are dedicated to Shulk in Smash Bros. Sorry to "nag" as it were, but I imagine a lot of us are excited so I thought I'd just remind everyone to keep this stuff in mind.

EDIT: Thought Id show you guys the pretty MU chart @jaeohjae is working on atm

Obviously it's not done, but I just wanted to give the hard working guy a shout out
Hello Shana-tan!
And looks nice... jaeohjae really is a nice person.

And now... considering spoilers, Are videos also under this rule? I mean, one has to click them first before they start. Just thinking about Trailers mostly.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Hello Shana-tan!
And looks nice... jaeohjae really is a nice person.

And now... considering spoilers, Are videos also under this rule? I mean, one has to click them first before they start. Just thinking about Trailers mostly.
Think of video images or titles that could be displayed

What if for example someone linked a video that had a strange creature in its image and the title says "XENOBLADE X FINAL BOSS [INSERT NAME HERE]"

I for one would be salty :p

We still got the match up scores to fill that up (I still have recordings of them)

If you need the scores, let me know~

You want it in ratios?

Last edited:
Wait until it's done first my bikini clad Lumen friend

*smirk*
I saw that coming from a mile :p

I was suppose to change it back right away after seeing its low quality but I slept instead. I guess I indirectly caused our friend to change his avatar (Kyo) hehe.

.-.

I feel better now for this day

Was trying to train my combo execution. Did n-air > f-air > f-air > air slash in jump art for the kill. I saved it. I'll have a GIF of it soon. Would've been cool on a player but eh

D

Deleted member

I managed to find a video where the uploader took small portions of a select few cutscenes from the first Xenoblade and edited in unfitting music from Xenoblade X. The results are truly bizarre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Since Nintendo of America is making us wait for who knows how long for a localization, they better make that up in the end. This localization better be fricken amazing.
If they have American voices, fine. Just don't make them ****ty. It won't top the amazing British voice acting in Xenoblade, but I hope it's at least amazing for American voices...
I will be extremely angry if they mess these voices up. Since they are making us wait.
It still scares me to no end that we don't even know a single voice actor....

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
New Xenoblade X trailer.
Shows off several cutscenes. I think this is possibly my favourite so far. I want to play the music, it's so pretty...
Dang, so hyped for this. I will say though, it's really weird barely seeing Cross in this trailer and have him not say ANYTHING to the events of what's going on in the story. I mean, with Shulk, he was outspoken in his values against the Mechon and you could see how resolved he was to protect the Homs and Bionis. With Cross...Everything we've seen shows that he's gonna be silent, and in a game like this that is cutscene and plot heavy, especially with voice acting and the kind of the story they're going for, I don't know how this is gonna work that well. I mean, Takashi said originally that he made Shulk have a personality because he felt like "The player wouldn't resonate with Shulk otherwise if he was silent", and now he just swung around and goes for this. I'm holding out hope that Monolith can pull this off, but I gotta say, it's really...strange TBH.

Also, telethiiiiiiiiiia. Still waiting for something to say what ties Xenoblade and Xenoblade X together.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Dang, so hyped for this. I will say though, it's really weird barely seeing Cross in this trailer and have him not say ANYTHING to the events of what's going on in the story. I mean, with Shulk, he was outspoken in his values against the Mechon and you could see how resolved he was to protect the Homs and Bionis. With Cross...Everything we've seen shows that he's gonna be silent, and in a game like this that is cutscene and plot heavy, especially with voice acting and the kind of the story they're going for, I don't know how this is gonna work that well. I mean, Takashi said originally that he made Shulk have a personality because he felt like "The player wouldn't resonate with Shulk otherwise if he was silent", and now he just swung around and goes for this. I'm holding out hope that Monolith can pull this off, but I gotta say, it's really...strange TBH.

Also, telethiiiiiiiiiia. Still waiting for something to say what ties Xenoblade and Xenoblade X together.
plot twist Cross lost his voice when he crashlanded so he can't physically say anything

then he gets his voice back later

Lozjam

Smash Champion
plot twist Cross lost his voice when he crashlanded so he can't physically say anything

then he gets his voice back later
Except he speaks during all battles.........
Frankly, I am fine with Cross being silent for cutscenes.
Remember!
These are the same developers who made Chrono Trigger!
The have done the silent protagonist before with Crono and have done it with flying colors.

Neo Zero

Except he speaks during all battles.........
Frankly, I am fine with Cross being silent for cutscenes.
Remember!
These are the same developers who made Chrono Trigger!
The have done the silent protagonist before with Crono and have done it with flying colors.
Wait really? I know some of them were in Squaresoft back in the day cuz of Xenogears, but I had no idea they helped Chrono Trigger. Does that include Chrono Cross?

D

Deleted member

Wait really? I know some of them were in Squaresoft back in the day cuz of Xenogears, but I had no idea they helped Chrono Trigger. Does that include Chrono Cross?
I'm not entirely sure about Chrono Cross, but I know some of the staff were involved with several mainline Final Fantasy games before the PS2 era.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
They actually left Square to form Monolith Soft because of Chrono Cross.
That is why Xenoblade Chronicles is so similar to Chrono Trigger. Be it the combination of Fantasy and Scifi, the main themes of the game, world building, ect. Monolith Soft was made from the old experienced people who made the old FFgames, but they then
I'm not entirely sure about Chrono Cross, but I know some of the staff were involved with several mainline Final Fantasy games before the PS2 era.
They worked on Chrono Cross.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
yaaaaaaaaaas
the little Monado hair clip
the Nopon (and Tatsu)
and now Telethia
If there isn't some kind of tie, even if it's a real stretch, I'll be (a little) disappointed.

This new trailer got me hyped again. I thought the sci-fi setting wouldn't work too well, but that trailer convinced me otherwise. I am so ready for more Xeno-level antics (I haven't played XC in a while because responsibilities *cries*).

It comes out in a week in Japan, right? And we still have no out-of-Japan release date... *sweats nervously*

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
More importantly, everyone, is that we are getting a western Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct on the 24th, along with a Treehouse live stream afterwards! It will more than likely recap what all of these Japanese live streams have been showing, but hopefully they'll be like "Yeah, the game is only a couple / few months away for outer-regions" as well.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
:link:
More importantly, everyone, is that we are getting a western Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct on the 24th, along with a Treehouse live stream afterwards! It will more than likely recap what all of these Japanese live streams have been showing, but hopefully they'll be like "Yeah, the game is only a couple / few months away for outer-regions" as well.
Please be a June/July release date! That would be perfect!

EDIT:
It seems like there is no Xenoblade X direct for Europeans, or at least, none is announced.
I really hate to say this, but with confirmation of the direct it is almost certain that North America is getting this game in the summer. Be it, June, July, or August. If Europe doesn't have a direct, then I definitely think you guys will have a fall release.
What further backs this up is the fact that you guys are getting YWW in June 26th, whilst we get it in Fall... I believe we will get Xenoblade on June 26th while you guys get it in fall.
I know, this definitely isn't a fair trade at all, but this is the way I see things... The facts are right there, but I really wish I am wrong.
My apologies to you, especially to you @ AlvisCPU AlvisCPU .

I have to say this as well. Hearing Elma, Lyn, and Tatsu speak English is going to be sooo weird. I hope they have good voices...

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Guys

if you press B then A right after you can activate Jump while charging fsmash

:o revolutionary tech

EDIT: this works for any monado art

revolutionary i tell you, this will change the metagame

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys

if you press B then A right after you can activate Jump while charging fsmash

:o revolutionary tech

EDIT: this works for any monado art

revolutionary i tell you, this will change the metagame
You do know that you can now charge up smash attacks by tilting the control stick and pressing B and A at the same time, right?
...Though I didn't think that such a thing would be good for Shulk. Hmm...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So, Colony 6 eh...
[collapse=Spoilers?]
I've only just begun to rebuild it, but I went through more of the story first...

So there's a sea... floating in the sky.

How does this game keep getting better with each area?
[/collapse]
Now I'm trying to figure out how affinity and heart to hearts work.

[collapse=]
I noticed some characters have more arts than can fit on the bar, are there any arts that I should definitely use over others?
[/collapse]

Last edited:
Top Bottom