• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Tournament today, qualifiers for a thing. Some of it was streamed, I may try to find it and ask for feedback at some point. Fought Shulk vs. Fox and won, and while I don't claim that myself or my opponent are good, it may be of interest.
Afterwards, fought Mario played by a friend, but I played horribly and lost.
Fought Lucario/Charizard, but he wasn't a Smash 4 player. Against Charizard I took 40% the entire match and managed the Jump fair->fair->Air Slash.
Fought Falco. First match, pretty solid player, managed to win. He had great laser use. Second match, got absolutely slaughtered. Personally he prefers the air... and makes better use of platforms than Shulk, in my opinion. Third match was going much the same. I took him down to 1 stock when I was on 1 stock, 70%. TIME TO SHOW THE POWER OF THE MONADO. I went Speed and got him off-stage. Just kept on poking him back out into the air with aerials, managed to rack him up to about 60%. Went back and forth a bit when he got back in, then I CAN SEE IT when the fsmash is coming, and Visioned. Narrow win, proud of the comeback.
Fought the same Mario I fought earlier. Since he's a friend I knew he knows my Shulk, so took a risk and swapped to Palutena. Did fairly well, wish I didn't Warp into an up-Smash... Swapped to Shulk and pulled the accidental ledge-Vision SD at 6%. Went to fast-fall to the stage and Vision, missed the stage and the Vision animation took too long for me to recover. I played better but still not that great.

As someone who pretty much grew up with Rare, I've always been big on completing games to their fullest.

But as time has gone by, I haven't been as OCD about it. It really becomes more of a bother when games give you loads of pointless things to do and even annoying when there are "pick one and the other disappears forever" paths.

I'll just do the side quests as they come and give up on any that come down to plain RNG (the worst thing ever).

Though I do want to complete the Collectopaedia, that's just asking for it.

Speaking of items, is their every any use for them, or should I just sell it all?
I see that ether and crystals is used for gem crafting, but I don't really know much about it.
Yeah there's a couple of quests that will force exclusion of others. Usually there's a good ending and a bad ending, but sometimes it's not black-and-white. Maybe both end well. Maybe both options will screw over a different people.

Before I forget to say it, kenniky does say that some items become unavailable - not 100% true, because as far as I'm aware, any collectibles from lost areas can be traded for with NPCs.

For the Collectopaedia, go for it. Free gems. Completionism!

For the items, there isn't a use for everything. What I did was that, if it's not being used for a quest, sell off anything that doesn't have the "star/sparkle" next to the loot. Ones with the sparkles are rare drops. Even then, you don't need to keep them all - it'll obviously be easier to get rare drops from some specific Lv.10 monster than a Lv.80 if you ever need to find something.

With the Gems, it'll come down to taste. You'll get an idea for what's good. Sell off anything you don't want, or if you have heaps of duplicates (same for weapons and armour. Though, just so you know, all the default weapons and armour can only be obtained once.)

As for the Ether Crystals/Cylinders and Gem Crafting, I'd say it's a good idea to do gem crafting a few times, maybe now-and-then, just to get a rough idea of how it works. Looking in the Tutorials menu can also help with the terminology. It's not exactly necessary, but you can forge some really nice stuff.
As a quick run-down... the gems will have these random abilities with %'s listed. When you put your crystals into the furnace, you choose one crystal. You can then add any other crystal that shares abilities with any other crystal in the furnace. Once one of those abilities reaches 100%, the crafting starts. You're guaranteed a gem with that ability with the same rank of the crystals, but depending on the crafting, you might get doubles, you might get improved rank, gems of other non-100% abilities, and so on. Higher affinities between chosen party members helps. Any ability that doesn't hit 100% gets turned into a Cylinder with the % is was left on. You can reuse it in crafting. Hopefully that clears some stuff up, haha... it's easily the most confusing thing in the game.

Fought Shulk vs. Fox and won, and while I don't claim that myself or my opponent are good, it may be of interest.
My recent Fox vs Shulk matches were 2-stock wins. I'll just assume that the Fox wasn't experienced with the match up. Lol

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
<3
It feels so good to be playing Xenoblade again.
I also went on the shopping spree and got Mario & Luigi Dream Team, and Codename STEAM. I am totally all set for RPG's :)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
<3
It feels so good to be playing Xenoblade again.
I also went on the shopping spree and got Mario & Luigi Dream Team, and Codename STEAM. I am totally all set for RPG's :)
Dream team is truly an amazing game. If you don't count count the long tutorial in.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
All this stage needs is some Nopon and it's Frontier Village.

D

Deleted member

Your signature seems broken!
Also, I just watched the reveal trailer again... I've seen so many MLG versions, I was faszinated by the original.
It is...?
Can you take a screenshot? It's fine on my end.

All this stage needs is some Nopon and it's Frontier Village.

I thought the same thing! I am so sad that they didn't call it Frontier Village! :(

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I want a playable Shulk with a track based on Gaur Plain (or Frontier Village could work). I can imagine the remixes already.
I'd go with Eryth Sea. You could do some crazy stuff with anti-gravity, gliding, and underwater with an Eryth Sea course.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Tournament today, qualifiers for a thing. Some of it was streamed, I may try to find it and ask for feedback at some point. Fought Shulk vs. Fox and won, and while I don't claim that myself or my opponent are good, it may be of interest.
Afterwards, fought Mario played by a friend, but I played horribly and lost.
Fought Lucario/Charizard, but he wasn't a Smash 4 player. Against Charizard I took 40% the entire match and managed the Jump fair->fair->Air Slash.
Fought Falco. First match, pretty solid player, managed to win. He had great laser use. Second match, got absolutely slaughtered. Personally he prefers the air... and makes better use of platforms than Shulk, in my opinion. Third match was going much the same. I took him down to 1 stock when I was on 1 stock, 70%. TIME TO SHOW THE POWER OF THE MONADO. I went Speed and got him off-stage. Just kept on poking him back out into the air with aerials, managed to rack him up to about 60%. Went back and forth a bit when he got back in, then I CAN SEE IT when the fsmash is coming, and Visioned. Narrow win, proud of the comeback.
Fought the same Mario I fought earlier. Since he's a friend I knew he knows my Shulk, so took a risk and swapped to Palutena. Did fairly well, wish I didn't Warp into an up-Smash... Swapped to Shulk and pulled the accidental ledge-Vision SD at 6%. Went to fast-fall to the stage and Vision, missed the stage and the Vision animation took too long for me to recover. I played better but still not that great.
Nice! Glad to see more representation :D
Before I forget to say it, kenniky does say that some items become unavailable - not 100% true, because as far as I'm aware, any collectibles from lost areas can be traded for with NPCs.
Some items do actually just go away, and you have to rely on Colony 6 special item orbs to get them. It's possible and super annoying.

Additionally, for some items, the trades require that a quest be completed or not completed in order to get the trade.

Honestly if you want to finish the Collectopaedia you're better off grabbing everything the first time around

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Random side note:

Can I just say I do not like the Xenoblade Wiki and by extension Wikia? It's super saturated with ads and other unnecessary flashy things and slowed down on my old computer.

I should just learn MediaWiki and start Rikipedia

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Neat! Not a huge fan of fanart, especially ones as promiscuous as that one, but they look nice!

Any reason why you went with the Japanese logo?
Considering you can strip Melia down to be nearly naked, I don't think it's promiscuous at all.

Guys, once I was at the perfect level(17), it started thunder storming on Bionis leg so I could take down White Eduardo. This game loves me and I it.
<3
Xenoblade + Lozjam
Together forever

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Considering you can strip Melia down to be nearly naked, I don't think it's promiscuous at all.
Melia's are actually a lot less revealing compared to Sharla + Fiora, I think only one of her outfits even shows cleavage...

lol

EDIT: 2 outfits show cleavage (one just barely)

one shows her midriff

a lot better than Sharla and Fiora that's for sure

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Melia's are actually a lot less revealing compared to Sharla + Fiora, I think only one of her outfits even shows cleavage...

lol

EDIT: 2 outfits show cleavage (one just barely)

one shows her midriff

a lot better than Sharla and Fiora that's for sure
Her unequipped/oil armor is definitely the most revealing out of all of her armor sets, but still a lot less than other characters.
Here's a compilation of all the different armor types she can equip.
Still don't get why she has an alien cat suit.

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
Her unequipped/oil armor is definitely the most revealing out of all of her armor sets, but still a lot less than other characters.
Here's a compilation of all the different armor types she can equip.
Still don't get why she has an alien cat suit.
Huh. I never noticed how pink her default armor is until now.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I made this on the day Xenoblade 3D got released. But I think this will be our faces when Xenoblade X gets out.

I just wanted to say but you guys have been amazing so far. I know I've been venturing outside the Shulk boards often (Zelda social lol), but I'm always there watching you guys ;)

I still am active in the metagame thread and MU threads in these boards so there's that. I'm also still active in locking threads (for a good and logical purpose)

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Man, people are complaining waaay too much on the graphical downgrade of Xenonlade 3D. They forget that it still looks pretty amazing.

I showed 6 of my friends Xennlade 3D(they are mostly PC gamers, with the exception with one who likes Nintendo and is going to get Xenoblade X, but he doesn't really know anything about the original. They have old 3DS's though). I showed them the game, in Gaur plains. Their reactions ranged from "HOLY ****", to "wow that's really awesome" to "is this really running on 3DS?".

That my friends, is an amazing feat, to impress those who play PC games. I showed them the combat, and they thought it was awesome as well. They probably won't get the game due to lack of New 3DS's, the original being rare, and time reasons, but hey. They still think it's amazing.
I just wanted to say but you guys have been amazing so far. I know I've been venturing outside the Shulk boards often (Zelda social lol), but I'm always there watching you guys ;)

I still am active in the metagame thread and MU threads in these boards so there's that. I'm also still active in locking threads (for a good and logical purpose)
You have better be there, being the leader of our smashboards master squad for Xenoblade X! I would be glad to call you my leader.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
You guys ARE great. I've been really struggling with my options for Shulk competitively especially versus the campy Midwest meta but with my love for Xenoblade and Shulk, even if I drop him I'd probably at least lurk as usual around here!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
This thread is currently rated Awesome for its support of Isaac.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
RNGeesus shined upon me and I was able to get a thunderstorm. I finished all I could and continued onwards.

Now Heropon time to show Hom Homs thing or two.

D

Deleted member

This thread is currently rated Awesome for its support of Isaac.
Then I guess I don't belong in this thread since I voted for Zael. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit in a corner and cry.

Nah, I'm kidding about my previous two sentences except for the Zael part. I'm open to Isaac's inclusion regardless of what I typed in the ballot.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Isaac would be something fresh, with his powers. I can't see swordfighters anymore...

Still waiting for Bomberman.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Isaac would be something fresh, with his powers. I can't see swordfighters anymore...

Still waiting for Bomberman.
He'd be a swordsman but he'd have plenty about him that would make him fresh as all get out, what with all of his psyenergies and such.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Melia is a better mage than Isaac

Vote for Melia

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
The Xenoblade X guide published with Dengeki Nintendo has been briefly translated.
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1tfO-elYLCSqnqk81vvPcXPGaMEG7o8qZIg8w-JVpZO0/pub

This is probably the first time I've been a bit nervous about this game. Fixing party members once you leave civilisation is implied, and that's part of why I didn't like Tales of Xillia 2 as much as the first. On top of that, by only allowing you to change the time at certain locations... it feels a bit restrictive compared to Xenoblade. Still, this game is not Xenoblade Chronicles and I need to reserve judgement until I actually play the game.

Top Bottom