• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
http://www.16personalities.com/

So I'm wondering what kind of people my fellow Shulk mains are. I've seen a lot of personality tests but this one is the best by far. It's super interesting, you should definitely check it out!

:059:
I've done things like this before & mostly got INTP. However this told me not to leave any "Neutral" choices. . .& because I look at myself as a decent person in-betwee, it heavily affects my choices.:ohwell: So here we go!:

D

Deleted member

Perhaps this is an unpopular opinion:
Random Xenoblade irritant, but I hate when this song cuts off the currently played song during battle:

It isn't a bad song by any means but I would just like to have "You Will Know Our Names" or "One Who Gets in Our Way" to play throughout the whole battle. Sometimes I purposely let my future just happen so that it doesn't cut off the current song. :p
I have the same complaint as well.
You listen to a blood pumping, adrenaline filled song like You Will Know Our Names and then this song plays. It kinda ruins the experience of the fight for me, especially the last few final bosses.
Hopefully, if Visions return, this WON'T happen in XC:X.

Last edited by a moderator:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Random Xenoblade irritant, but I hate when this song cuts off the currently played song during battle:

It isn't a bad song by any means but I would just like to have "You Will Know Our Names" or "One Who Gets in Our Way" to play throughout the whole battle. Sometimes I purposely let my future just happen so that it doesn't cut off the current song. :p
Here's how I think that it could have been implemented better. You start of with X song, and if you break a vision tag, the song plays, but only for 1 loop on that battle. After that, you return to X song.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Oh thank you for mentioning this! It always bothers me to no end, especially if YWKON or Mechanical Rhythm gets interrupted.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In my case it's not so much the song You Will Know Our Names being interupted I have a problem with, it's more so those situations where you accidently attract a far more powerful monster and you hear that song. In that situation, it's ironically pure dispair.

D

Deleted member

In my case it's not so much the song You Will Know Our Names being interupted I have a problem with, it's more so those situations where you accidently attract a far more powerful monster and you hear that song. In that situation, it's ironically pure dispair.
*is fighting some level 11 Armu at level 15*
Ah! This is easy! Time to get some materials!
*You Will Know Our Names is playing*
Huh... why is this playing...?
*level 81 Territorial Rotbart appears*
AHH!!! RUN! RUN! RUN!
*whole party dies in one hit*

Yeah... I know how that feels...

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
Hello all,

I have been lurking around these forums for quite a while. But finally decided to create an account. I'm a former Falco main (In Melee, Brawl, and PM), so getting used to Shulk will take some work. Especially with the ending lag on many of his attacks. But I'm really looking forward to learning and maining Shulk. Near the end of Brawl and beginning of Project M, Falco was such a boring character for me, and I only continued using him since no one else appealed to me. When Shulk was announced, I was thrilled!

Also, for the Myers-Briggs typing. I am INTJ (Formerly INFJ), but I tend to fluctuate between the two. Interesting stuff, I remember taking these personality quizzes so seriously during high school. Now they're a fun past-time. Good to see everyone really feeling it.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
I'm late, but this would have been a good ending for the last social thread.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/BrCaGAwWPc0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&start=950&end=965&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/BrCaGAwWPc0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&start=950&end=965&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Well? Was it good? :)

EDIT: Never mind, it did NOT embed properly. Can anyone help? D:

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm late, but this would have been a good ending for the last social thread.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/BrCaGAwWPc0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&start=950&end=965&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/BrCaGAwWPc0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&start=950&end=965&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Well? Was it good? :)
It's the most beautiful hunk of code I've ever seen :p

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Thanks to Shulk getting into Smash Bros, there will always be a place for us to talk about Xenoblade and related things.

Also, just think about how this thread will be when Xenoblade X comes out. Oo, imagine if there's online multiplayer!!

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I butchered that terribly. It was going to be the ending of Classic mode with Shulk. I need to learn more about embedding videos. :/
Smashboards has an embed function.
Click on the media button, put your YouTube link in, done.

What? Is that what you think my point is?
He's just kidding. Lol

CRAP. Double post. My bad @ Hokori Hokori . Merge please :c

Thanks to Shulk getting into Smash Bros, there will always be a place for us to talk about Xenoblade and related things.

Also, just think about how this thread will be when Xenoblade X comes out. Oo, imagine if there's online multiplayer!!
If there's online multiplayer, I dibs on never being heal or tank

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I'm not Hokori but I got you :p

Just think what this thread will be like when the games out in NA.

I'm not Hokori but I got you :p

Just think what this thread will be like when the games out in NA.
Thanks man!

Once it's out, we'll find out how truly ****ed we are against Rosalina

inb4Rosalinamaindisagrees. I think I didn't do it right

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Speed is awesome vs her. Honestly, once you know how the Luma works, she's not that scary. Plus those 10 or so seconds she's without it you can wreck her. Lucky for us, the Monado is stupidly big so dealing with Luma is pretty easy as long as you space right.

Speed is awesome vs her. Honestly, once you know how the Luma works, she's not that scary. Plus those 10 or so seconds she's without it you can wreck her. Lucky for us, the Monado is stupidly big so dealing with Luma is pretty easy as long as you space right.
I heard about that from Jelly. He also said that speed works best against Rosalina

I think buster (and speed) will be good against just the luma. Then switch out to speed against Rosalina. Not sure. I'm not 100% on how the luma's health functions

Neo Zero

The thing about Rosa, and this is true for all the cast, is that the worst place you could possibly be is between her and the Luma. A small Luma shot and you between her gives her so much control over space as well as your options. With speed you can easily punish the set up though, but if she gets it out, going in is not a good idea honestly. In that situation I like to just outrange the Luma until it dies or she calls it back. Also worth keeping in mind is if its by her, its effectively a combo break so she can be a bit hard to juggle.

Unfortunately we don't have a projectile (those really mess up Luma since if its hit during Luma shot, it basically cancels it out while hurting it) so safely poking at it and her is the best you can do.

The thing about Rosa, and this is true for all the cast, is that the worst place you could possibly be is between her and the Luma. A small Luma shot and you between her gives her so much control over space as well as your options. With speed you can easily punish the set up though, but if she gets it out, going in is not a good idea honestly. In that situation I like to just outrange the Luma until it dies or she calls it back. Also worth keeping in mind is if its by her, its effectively a combo break so she can be a bit hard to juggle.

Unfortunately we don't have a projectile (those really mess up Luma since if its hit during Luma shot, it basically cancels it out while hurting it) so safely poking at it and her is the best you can do.
It'd be nice to know about Rosalina's options without the Luma because from what I heard, she's still pretty good without it but she's definitely more vulnerable and not as threatening, of course.

Edit:

So.... Is it me or anyone here's actually a bit bothered by the character models in XCX? I mean, Monolith isn't really good with them. It ain't their forte but... The characters look like dolls.... I know it's an art style but when you look how other developers do it and compare... it kinda sucks. Flame shield activated :p

Last edited:
Whelp. I just past my 8000th post. Usually when this happens, people throw out extravaganzas and parties

but no

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Edit:

So.... Is it me or anyone here's actually a bit bothered by the character models in XCX? I mean, Monolith isn't really good with them. It ain't their forte but... The characters look like dolls.... I know it's an art style but when you look how other developers do it and compare... it kinda sucks. Flame shield activated :p

You aren't the only one who thinks the XCX character models look terrible. :p (by nowadays standards)

It seems that (so far) characters are going to have the suffer the price, in trade for just about every other thing looking nice in the game.

Quite disappointing but hey.

You aren't the only one who thinks the XCX character models look terrible. :p (by nowadays standards)

It seems that (so far) characters are going to have the suffer the price, in trade for just about every other thing looking nice in the game.

Yeah. At least the environments look nice

Then the monster design looks great so far imo

I'm sensing Skyrim character creator problems for XCX though. I don't know why

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
It'd be nice to know about Rosalina's options without the Luma because from what I heard, she's still pretty good without it but she's definitely more vulnerable and not as threatening, of course.

Edit:

Nope, I'm not. I actually like the different approach because I think all of the the realism seen with other games gets old. This is part of why I like Borderlands 2.

Just because Xenoblade X will be on a next gen system does not mean it has to be all serious with its graphics.

Anyways, the characters still look more realistic than Xenoblade. Here's a comparison of nopon...

Humanoids...

When I play Xenoblade I don't have issues with that, so I don't see why I would have issues with the better looking Xenoblade X

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Xenoblade X's art and graphical styles have grown on me over time. The same applies with the new Zelda.

Kluft

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kluft-f-zero
2 years ago, I saw a copy of xenoblade chronicles on a shelf. I thought about buying it even though I knew nothing about it.
Looking back at it, I might have buyed one of the best JRPGs of the last generation out of pure curiosity.

They look pretty good considering the size difference between them and the mechs/monsters

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Perhaps I am being a bit too harsh on the models, so let me take back what I said. They're decent looking at the very least and it's tolerable considering how beautiful the environments and Dolls are.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Nope, I'm not. I actually like the different approach because I think all of the the realism seen with other games gets old. This is part of why I like Borderlands 2.

Just because Xenoblade X will be on a next gen system does not mean it has to be all serious with its graphics.

Anyways, the characters still look more realistic than Xenoblade. Here's a comparison of nopon...

Humanoids...

When I play Xenoblade I don't have issues with that, so I don't see why I would have issues with the better looking Xenoblade X
I do see where the difference in Art design and graphical fidelity can clash a bit. During Shulks reveal trailer Shulk looked a little odd in the CG part of the trailer but look good in the actual in game model. Then I went and looked back at some of the HD retextured pictures of XC and I kind of realized what was going on. The blurrier texture of the Wii's engine seemed to make the art styles direct details a bit more blurry making the weird facial shapes less noticeable. Clear it up and it's clearly more noticeable in general.

In general it doesn't bother me that much but it's something that I did notice. It seems more though that the developers are using the style they are most familiar with because I believe that Xenosaga and Xenogears also used a similar style in their facial design.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hey guys, I've been stalking this thread ever since I first played Xenoblade Chronicles and fell in LOVE with it, making it my favorite game of all time. I finally decided to make an account because I've been really feeling (lol) the release of Smash 4 ever since Shulk was revealed in all his Bionis boy glory.

Since I'm new here, I took one of those personality tests so you guys could get to know me better; I'm an INFJ:

Anyways, I'm going to main Shulk, as well as use Robin and Lucina in Smash 4 and I hope I can get to know all of you guys better, hopefully with lots of good memories to come!:4shulk:

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I'm an INFJ as well. So we must be identical people!!! Haha, not really. But most Shulk mains tend to be introverted and Intuitive. Then again, it could just be because we're smash players/video game players that we're all introverted and more imaginative. Who knows...

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
And here i am, totally lost in the Xenoblade discussion. XD But i don't mind, i'll wait for Chugga to get better and continue his LP no matter how long it takes.Even if it take until the end of the year at this rate.

I can't wait for the Prison ISland segment though, just wondering what could be so important that happens there is making me excited.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Has anyone mentioned this particular Shulk video?
The uploader is playing as Captain Falcon, but man, that Shulk player is quite impressive.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Has anyone mentioned this particular Shulk video?
The uploader is playing as Captain Falcon, but man, that Shulk player is quite impressive.
I too like that Shulk game-play. The only minor issues I had with the player is he didn't opt to use Vision against the obvious Falcon Punches, despite the Captain Falcon already at high %, he still could of gotten a free Vision at 1:16. Other than that good stuff.:shades:

Teching Falcon's Dair at 1:50 was marvelous

Last edited:
Top Bottom