• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V Results - Columbus, OH

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Oh crap, I forgot.

Jiano-Glad to see you out of your hiatus. Fun friendlies. Your Captain is so patient and interesting to play.

Jiano's friend (sorry, your name's escaping me. Luigi player...Cody maybe?)-That match against YL was crazy to watch. That dude just had the mobility and projectile game on lockdown. Your luigi is good **** though.

You two were cool to talk to and I hope to see you guys in Indy in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Someone took my wii cords from my setup next to the stream that eventually was a 64 setup.

That's that **** I DONT like
Somebody made off with FEAR's copy of Melee also. Most likely an accident, but f that ****. People should pay a-bloody-ttention to what is and isn't theirs.

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Before I do real Shoutouts let me say **** your doubles seeding, mi vs mi round 1 twice!!!

Seriously wtf

Vinnie

Smash Master
LOL. thank you based Chibo xD

I thought Carroll was tolerable. Drephen was the one being a little over the top, lol.
My apologies then since I had no way of knowing. Although I heard from others that it was Carroll. I was offended by the behavior (you know who you are) and it makes me not want to return. You are everything that is wrong with the smash community. Also @Drephen, way to get sonned by a brawl player in pm.

Last edited:

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Also, I have somebody's *something that was left in the middle room* that is decently valuable/rare - unfortunately if I say exactly what it is I run the risk of someone just saying it's theirs when it's not since it's a kind of semi-rare item. If you can PM me what it is, I'll do my best to get it back to you ASAP.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Good, you deserved it for being a disrespectful prick.
HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Sorry I threw off your virgin ass chain grabs and your stand still for 1.5 minutes strategy. PM me an address and I'll buy you a pair of headphones tonight. That why you can't cry about the crowd actually being awake. SMFH.

Last edited:

Vinnie

Smash Master
HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Sorry I threw off your virgin *** chain grabs and your stand still for 1.5 minutes strategy. PM me an address and I'll buy you a pair of headphones tonight. That why you can't cry about the crowd actually being awake. SMFH.
You have no idea how hard it is to do what I do, but it isn't surprising considering you have never seen success in smash which you have been playing for double as much time as me. Stay mediocre forever brah

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Winning is winning. Shoot for the stars man. But something about a dead quiet room with people sleeping in their chairs durring the finals of an MLG sponsored event didn't sit right with me. But it's what ever man. Do you I'll do me.

And trust me dude. You'll never hurt my feeling by calling me bad at smash.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Winning is winning. Shoot for the stars man. But something about a dead quiet room with people sleeping in their chairs durring the finals of an MLG sponsored event didn't sit right with me. But it's what ever man. Do you I'll do me.

And trust me dude. You'll never hurt my feeling by calling me bad at smash.
Something about specific Melee players demeaning other games doesn't sit right with me. We are ONE UNIT. You are cancer.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Something about specific Melee players demeaning other games doesn't sit right with me. We are ONE UNIT. You are cancer.
>we are one unit

>"you disrespectful prick"

**** talk is **** talk boi. how the **** you gonna be surprised that **** happens at tournaments? throw the headphones on and play your game.

Vinnie

Smash Master
>we are one unit

>"you disrespectful prick"

**** talk is **** talk boi. how the **** you gonna be surprised that **** happens at tournaments? throw the headphones on and play your game.
I don't trash talk unless trash talked, so not sure what you're trying to get at.

S1 The God

I don't trash talk unless trash talked, so not sure what you're trying to get at.
what i'm getting at is trash talk/crowd noise is inevitable at every tournament. a player at your level should know how to deal with it, and not come in the thread afterwards whining

hoe ass

M@v

Subarashii!
Vinnie to be completely fair, and Im not taking sides here, but you can't honestly expect a room full of people to stay quiet(regardless what they are saying), especially in matches deep in a tourney. If you need quiet to work, you need to get headphones D: Tourneys this big always have loud noisy crowds during big matches.

And if people talk trash or foul just phase them out like I do :3

Last edited:

Vinnie

Smash Master
Vinnie to be completely fair, and Im not taking sides here, but you can't honestly expect a room full of people to stay quiet(regardless what they are saying), especially in matches deep in a tourney. If you need quiet to work, you need to get headphones D: Tourneys this big always have loud noisy crowds during big matches.
Noise was not my issue.

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
Yes, one unit Sammy. Or at least that's how it should be. We shouldn't be looking at the Smash Community as if it's different nations from "The Last Airbender" series. That point of view is why all these "communities" are always at war with each other even though it's the SAME FREAKIN' FRANCHISE.

Smash Bros. is Smash Bros no matter which sequal it it is.

Lol @ anybody trying to justify any kind of disrespect of any kind at public events. Pretty sure there's a difference between keeping the crowd alive and just being obnoxious

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
We shouldn't be looking at the Smash Community as if it's different nations from "The Last Airbender" series. That point of view as why all these "communities" are always at war with each other even though it's the SAME FREAKIN' FRANCHISE.
M2k's the Avatar, right?

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
You guys are all going about this the wrong way. Stop being so defensive.
Vinnie, you need to bring headphones if you're bothered by the crowd, as much as I love hype, I play melee ICs (so I figure you can relate), if a crowd is rooting against me, even if it's carroll's harmless trash talk, I pop my headphones in and chill.

Like really, this has been a thing since the dawn of smash tournaments. If you're not playing a crowd pleaser character, you're gonna get rooted against from time to time, and that's fine. You just need to learn to not let it bother you.
Do what you need to do to win, do what's fun for you, but don't get mad if people aren't going to respect you for it. People are dumb.
And MK vs ICs is super boring to watch.
Pop in some nice goa trance and relax boi.

Anthony Roberts

Smash Rookie
yo this is pat/klob. this was an awesome tourney. probably the most well run tourney ive ever been to. good **** to all who ran it.

kittyMW - stop being an emo scrub

beegs - im proud and disappointed. you didnt really well vs so many good names and you are only getting better. youll pass me soon enough

rage - get out of pools next time noob

nikki - thanks for being my bro

tylers friend mayim - thanks for helping me deal with my stupid drunk friends
chris is bad and should feel bad

cory is pro choke artist lol

i lost to decent players with a new character, i'm ok with this

shoutouts to nikki

i was trying to help with drunk people but you were being an asshole so **** you lol

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
You guys are all going about this the wrong way. Stop being so defensive.
Vinnie, you need to bring headphones if you're bothered by the crowd, as much as I love hype, I play melee ICs (so I figure you can relate), if a crowd is rooting against me, even if it's carroll's harmless trash talk, I pop my headphones in and chill.

Like really, this has been a thing since the dawn of smash tournaments. If you're not playing a crowd pleaser character, you're gonna get rooted against from time to time, and that's fine. You just need to learn to not let it bother you.
Do what you need to do to win, do what's fun for you, but don't get mad if people aren't going to respect you for it. People are dumb.
And MK vs ICs is super boring to watch.
Pop in some nice goa trance and relax boi.
They don't have to respect the character he plays, they just need to respect him in general. Being comically funny in background is one thing, but talking all that disrespecful nonsense is a totally different story. As Vinnie put it: Noise wasn't the issue whatsoever, but it's the things that those same people will say that's the issue.

I mean for the most part, I do agree with what you said. but I mean....Just because talking a whooooole lot of **** has been a thing since the dawn of the dinosaurs, doesn't make it any more acceptable cause' it isn't.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Lol. Noise or distraction wasn't the issue with Grand Finals; it was the obnoxious behavior and the pointless side bets. Top players have the ability to block that stuff out. It's fun to keep it among people, but if you start screaming for someone to trip or to hit a balloon, it's obnoxious. It may not affect the people playing, but it does the people watching, the commentators, etc. If you're in a movie theater, you don't scream at the screen for something to happen...well you can but you'll probably get kicked out. People enjoy brawl and they paid the same money to watch a game they like.

That's all I'm gonna say. Shoutouts tomorrow when I get the day off.

S1 The God

Lol. Noise or distraction wasn't the issue with Grand Finals; it was the obnoxious behavior and the pointless side bets. Top players have the ability to block that stuff out. It's fun to keep it among people, but if you start screaming for someone to trip or to hit a balloon, it's obnoxious. It may not affect the people playing, but it does the people watching, the commentators, etc. If you're in a movie theater, you don't scream at the screen for something to happen...well you can but you'll probably get kicked out. People enjoy brawl and they paid the same money to watch a game they like.

That's all I'm gonna say. Shoutouts tomorrow when I get the day off.
lol you really can't compare smash to being in a ****in movie theater. silence is expected in a movie theater. silence is definitely not expected at a smash tournament.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Carroll the way you acted in the crowd was completely unacceptable. You were a heckler. You weren't talking trash or being hype. You were heckling. In any situation where there's a crowd watching heckling is never okay. Try and put yourself in Vinnie's shoes. The way you acted made all the Brawl players feel unwelcomed.

SoulPech

Smash Master
The Grand Finals for Brawl was spoiled because it wasn't Zero vs Vinnie; it was how many times can they trip and how many times can they hit the balloon. :(

Last edited:

Paran0id_Andr0id

Smash Cadet
Leffen literally had a roomful of people screaming the US National Anthem around him during a match against a much more favored opponent, and he just shrugs it off and says "I like when the crowd is against me. It fires me up." ****ing godlike competitive attitude.
Whereas I guess some of you can't handle a handful of rowdy people at a far less prominent tourney. Womp.

Top Bottom