• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
you encourage us to come spectate...but we arent allowed in the venue because of the fire code?? if i can just show up and play, then i dont even care about actually ENTERING

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
If anyone gives up their spot between now and the tournament, is it possible to have their spot? I've been trying to enter and I'm a NEOH local ffs.

And I agree, how can we spectate if you have a cap for total people even allowed in the door between all events, including spectators? Wtf is this?

Last edited:

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
You encourage us to come spectate...but there is the 300 cap for the fire code! if its just about actual entrants, then can people still come for friendlies?

CÁT Rose

Smash Rookie
Man I started at 3:50 refreshed at 3:59 kept clicking no way I had a fair shot whoever got in congrats honestly

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
You encourage us to come spectate...but there is the 300 cap for the fire code! if its just about actual entrants, then can people still come for friendlies?

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Would like an honest answer regarding filling someone's spot if they decide to drop out at this point though.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Would like an honest answer regarding filling someone's spot if they decide to drop out at this point though.
If a significant number of people drop out, I will let you guys know if we will be taking more registrants. As of now, assume if you aren't registered you aren't playing.
The tournament person cap was put in to place factoring in outside factors such as staff numbers, spectators, etc.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
"The tournament person cap was put in to place factoring in outside factors such as staff numbers, spectators, etc."
so....friendlies? :l

Last edited:

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Anther
cyoonit
top cat
Troll Slayer
Peyto
Codi
Silhouette
Yu
Wenbobular
Pink Fresh
Laijin
Mister Eric
Jawsome
2-Tone
Wakka
The Oiler
Game Guru
Zora
DasGooch
SS | Flow
SS | Nicaboy
Cole Eutzy
Lordy

Here is the list of people that made the second wave.

Peyto

Smash Rookie
Hey, could we get a list of the people who registered in Wave 2? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind!

Last edited:

Avion

Smash Apprentice
"The tournament person cap was put in to place factoring in outside factors such as staff numbers, spectators, etc."
so....friendlies? :l
To expand on what Amar said, we capped the number of entrants at 300 to allow for a bit of a buffer zone before the actual fire code of 350 is violated. However, we are going to have a number of staff on hand so the number of people we let in for friendlies may end up being limited as well.

So, as for now yes there is still room for spectators/friendlies, but given the popularity of the event, don't rule out us having to start counting wristbands as we give them to non-entrants who come by to play/spectate, and you may be denied entrance due to the fire code. Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing we can do about the 350 person cap the venue which is causing all these issues.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I guess my point is that if everyone who couldn't prereg came to spectate, we'd still be over fire code. So imo, let the people play!

Kidbuu42

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidbuu42
if i went and couldnt get in, id have to just sit at the hotel watching TV =.=
I entered the tournament but my GF who is coming is just playing friendlies and spectating. Having to tell her to sit in the car all day after driving for 2 hours to get here would be a bit awkward.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
I entered the tournament but my GF who is coming is just playing friendlies and spectating. Having to tell her to sit in the car all day after driving for 2 hours to get here would be a bit awkward.
The good news is people will be coming and going, so we hope that we won't ever come close to the fire code.

mr.magik

Smash Cadet
are you thinking of going to this?
I'm still looking for a ride.
well my dumb self forgot about the conformation email so i forfeited my spot by 40 mins and missed out on the second wave. if people drop out and he re-opens it and i get in then yea ill take you and tm and who ever. As of right now its a 50/50 change i will actually go. i will know for sure tho by Monday, Tuesday the lates

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I think tm and brian are going down early on their own, so the only people who would need rides would be me and 1der, but I don't even know if I'll have the money for it by then

SoulPech

Smash Master
Wow.

Smashboards hasn't been keeping me updated on this page :(. Sorry about that. When I get home tonight I'll update the housing stuff and my own personal housing.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
ok, my question is if someone can not make it and tells you ahead of time, will you announce these open spots?
We will not be. The whole point of preregistratoin is so that we can construct pools in advance and get a lot of the work done so instead of you guys sitting around at the venue while we do work, you guys can get matches going asap.

Opening up registration each time someone drops out would be a total nightmare- as it is, wave 2 registration made a lot of people disappointed because they weren't able to get in. Having 20+ people compete for 1 spot at a time is exhausting and unfair.

Amar

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
We will not be. The whole point of preregistratoin is so that we can construct pools in advance and get a lot of the work done so instead of you guys sitting around at the venue while we do work, you guys can get matches going asap.

Opening up registration each time someone drops out would be a total nightmare- as it is, wave 2 registration made a lot of people disappointed because they weren't able to get in. Having 20+ people compete for 1 spot at a time is exhausting and unfair.

Amar
Well then here's a few more questions:

If allowed, I'd like to potentially buy a spot. Solely because I'd like to see how I'd do at an event of the caliber. Would that be an issue?

I've also counted from both of your lists (confirmed prior and post wave 2 pre-registration) 274 attendees. What's the deal with the other 26 spots?

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh can't wait to be back in Ohio to see you guys. Hype is acquired. I hope to see so many of you. Any east coast/new england people coming?

SoulPech

Smash Master
Okay. So. After reading the thread again, Here is what I have for housing:

My Housing:

1) Player-1 + GA
2) GA
3) GA
4) GA
5) Xerozen + IL
6) IL
7) IL
8) IL
9) IL

Who Needs Housing:

Derf.MW
2-Djeff
Trollby
MJG + Crew (Kwee may house)
viperboy_74
Amazerommu + 3 doods KY
Super + West MI 7
Shwickid222 + Wizkid
Nintendude + 8 ppl
EE, Pink Fresh, Tantalus, Driver (East Toast)

People who said they can house:

Avion
Alejandro Correa
Other members of ESI.

So far, this is what I have. If this is a mistake, found housing, no longer housing, please let me know.

Also, From what ESI is going on w/ their issue of 300-350 people, If you extend the cap to reach the max limit to breach a fire code, that would potentially cause more people to stay and play, plus you have spectators on top of that amount (potentially past the 350 limit) ; this is good because you have more people, but it also puts others at risk. Obviously, you'll have people coming in and out going on food runs, leaving for a bit, etc. but it's a precaution. If something were to go wrong and if it was discovered they broke the fire hazard limit, it can cause a huge distrust with ESI in Ohio State's eyes. Personally, I wouldn't want to bend the rules to possibly lose a venue just to have an extra 50+ people. If this was my venue i would agree w/ 300 people and if people complained, they should have registered when it first posted. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Well then here's a few more questions:

If allowed, I'd like to potentially buy a spot. Solely because I'd like to see how I'd do at an event of the caliber. Would that be an issue?

I've also counted from both of your lists (confirmed prior and post wave 2 pre-registration) 274 attendees. What's the deal with the other 26 spots?
No, you may not buy a spot.

That list is not the final, end-all-be-all list. It is just something I've been trying to update to keep players in the know. Some players did not pick a gamertag to sign up with yet and I do not feel comfortable publishing their First and Last name on the internet without their knowledge. That should account for the missing players.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Dear esteemed members of IL and Kansas,

Would any of you be interested in getting a hotel room and drinking with us?

Love,
Sneakytako

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
Hello to whom this may concern,

If it's possible, could I get the next open spot to whoever doesn't confirm their email? Please and thank you!!!!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer

If it's possible, could I get the next open spot to whoever doesn't confirm their email? Please and thank you!!!!
its first come first serve i guess; so just make sure you are ready to go if they do open this back up : o
best of luck

mr.magik

Smash Cadet

from the looks of it unless like 40-50 people randomly drop out early, no open spot will be giving to those who did not obtain a spot. it sounds like setting up the pools will be difficult for those hosting the event so it is understandable why they will not be gving these spots away when they are open.

Peyto

Smash Rookie
Anther
cyoonit
top cat
Troll Slayer
Peyto
Codi
Silhouette
Yu
Wenbobular
Pink Fresh
Laijin
Mister Eric
Jawsome
2-Tone
Wakka
The Oiler
Game Guru
Zora
DasGooch
SS | Flow
SS | Nicaboy
Cole Eutzy
Lordy

Here is the list of people that made the second wave.
I registered as Peyto and the events I chose were Project M Singles and Project M Doubles. I think I may have made a typo when registering for the event. Could I get some confirmation that I did indeed register for both of those? Thanks!

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13P9-yLN6kOJ-pJ7fBzD6AYjegRY4GaVrksRROA8vU_w/edit

Hey guys,

Here is the list of everyone entering and what tournaments they are entering. Feel free to check and see if your name is on there, and make sure you are in the events you want to be. If not, shoot me an email amar.karamali@gmail.com.

Note: You are not able to enter any singles brackets at this time, because we are already constructing pools. You may enter doubles brackets up until 12:00pm the day of the event, whether you have a partner or don't have a partner and want a random one.

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
from the looks of it unless like 40-50 people randomly drop out early, no open spot will be giving to those who did not obtain a spot. it sounds like setting up the pools will be difficult for those hosting the event so it is understandable why they will not be gving these spots away when they are open.
its first come first serve i guess; so just make sure you are ready to go if they do open this back up : o
best of luck
How do you get ready, will they announce when they're going to reopen the registration? Should I be checking this thread constantly or should I continue checking the shuffle site?

Top Bottom