• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
So you're not going to have any players be able to walk-in and play? I feel like you could do some advertising for this event around OSU and get some extra attention from local players, even if it's day-of participants. Maybe make a cap on the number of walk-in players you'll permit, like 20 or so?

If nothing else, would players be able to at least pay venue fee and be able to play friendlies?
Hey Shadow,

I understand what you mean- I think the best I can say is we will handle the situation on a case-by-case basis. All flyers, events, advertisement etc is reflective of the condition (preregister only), including bolded+underlined in the first post of this thread.

Players can 100% pay the venue fee to play friendlies, and are in fact encouraged.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
So, I didn't read through all ~250 posts, but I didn't see anything about housing options. Can anyone take in an old school guy as myself, potentially coming solo? Probably just for Friday.

Shoot me a pm if so, please

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Still haven't found housing for wednesday/thursday, can anyone help me out plsssssss?

There is no money upfront, etc so there really is no excuse not to preregister. We are expecting a lot of people and feel this is the best way.
I think this needs to be posted everywhere so everyone registers. Most people think it's like every other tourney where you show up, pay and that's t. This is a big point IMO.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Still haven't found housing for wednesday/thursday, can anyone help me out plsssssss?

I think this needs to be posted everywhere so everyone registers. Most people think it's like every other tourney where you show up, pay and that's t. This is a big point IMO.
Hey Zero,

I definitely agree. We bolded it in the smashboards post, I'll make it a huge, bold point on the website, and I'll reiterate it in the Facebook group.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer

would cleveland be too far away?
i personally cannot house (as i live in pittsburgh during the school year), but i can at least post in the NEOH facebook group

TSM ZeRo

Hey Zero,

I definitely agree. We bolded it in the smashboards post, I'll make it a huge, bold point on the website, and I'll reiterate it in the Facebook group.
That'd be cool. A re-post to MIOM's group and/or other big smash groups would be the best.

would cleveland be too far away?
i personally cannot house (as i live in pittsburgh during the school year), but i can at least post in the NEOH facebook group
I don't know how far it is/how I could make it but if someone can help me, I'm willing to travel lol

Also, please and thank you :D

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If this is the Luigi's Mansion Veman3000, I am about to fangirl like a preteen at a 1D concert.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I don't know how far it is/how I could make it but if someone can help me, I'm willing to travel lol

Also, please and thank you :D
Cleveland is 2 1/2 hours from Columbus.

Also throwing this option out there, but I live 2 hours south of Columbus in Portsmouth, OH and would be driving up to Columbus on Friday and coming back to Portsmouth Sunday. I don't know how you could get down here, but I'm just throwing it out there lol.

TSM ZeRo

Cleveland is 2 1/2 hours from Columbus.

Also throwing this option out there, but I live 2 hours south of Columbus in Portsmouth, OH and would be driving up to Columbus on Friday and coming back to Portsmouth Sunday. I don't know how you could get down here, but I'm just throwing it out there lol.
I pm'ed you.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to our 100th registration, Sam "Avion" Posa! I'd come up with a cool prize for him, but he's an ESI member so I'll just give him a pat on the back.

Also, this means we have practically doubled in size from the past 5 days (54 ==> 100).

As promised, I will continue to post a complete list of registered gamertags on Friday.

Amar

EDIT: It seems Avion DOES have access to the registration list, but claims his 100th sign up was "random"...likely story. The pat on the back prize has been revoked, and our Shuffle V disciplinary committee is seriously looking into the matter.

Last edited:

Markus E-bear

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarkusEbear
3DS FC
5455-9392-7976
Congratulations to our 100th registration, Sam "Avion" Posa! I'd come up with a cool prize for him, but he's an ESI member so I'll just give him a pat on the back.

Also, this means we have practically doubled in size from the past 5 days (54 ==> 100).

As promised, I will continue to post a complete list of registered gamertags on Friday.

Amar

EDIT: It seems Avion DOES have access to the registration list, but claims his 100th sign up was "random"...likely story. The pat on the back prize has been revoked, and our Shuffle V disciplinary committee is seriously looking into the matter.
I don't have access, so I'll try to shoot for 200.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, I can house you from Thursday to Sunday and pick you up from the airport if necessary. I live less than one mile from the venue and near a ton of food. As long as you don't mind sleeping on a couch and don't bring a ****load of stuff (we have limited space), we're all good. Lemme know!

EDIT: Oh and Wednesday too (just saw that part). If you have other housing for Friday/Saturday, try to stay with them for that period so I can house other people instead.

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Hey man, I can house you from Thursday to Sunday and pick you up from the airport if necessary. I live less than one mile from the venue and near a ton of food. As long as you don't mind sleeping on a couch and don't bring a ****load of stuff (we have limited space), we're all good. Lemme know!

EDIT: Oh and Wednesday too (just saw that part). If you have other housing for Friday/Saturday, try to stay with them for that period so I can house other people instead.
dibs on futon
im gonna steal all of zack's blankets again
its gonna be great

TSM ZeRo

I PM'ed you.

LOE1

Smash Lord
can i just house with someone so i dont have to pay scumbag ori hotel money :)

SoulPech

Smash Master
so you're calling someone a scumbag because you don't want to stay in a really nice hotel that Ori_Mom gets a discount on?

Yeah...pretty scummy to me..

Alejandro Correa

Smash Rookie
Hi. New to the competitive Smash community. This'll be my second tournament, first in Columbus. Sooo pumped for this. And I can house 1 person on my couch.

Qkummbr

Smash Rookie
MJG texted me today and asked if I could house him. It really depends on how big his carpool is. He never really stated.

I'd be willing to house maybe 4 people.
I'm still debating whether or not to enter this. I pre-reg'ed just in case.

Oh ****, this is Quivo. I don't know how i got into this name..

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MJG texted me today and asked if I could house him. It really depends on how big his carpool is. He never really stated.

I'd be willing to house maybe 4 people.
I'm still debating whether or not to enter this. I pre-reg'ed just in case.

Oh ****, this is Quivo. I don't know how i got into this name..
the carpool is 5 ppl big atm

SoulPech

Smash Master
Okay,

I took liberty and put together a list of my housing I have and other people who currently need housing.
My Housing:

1) OniKasian + IN
2) IN
3) IN
4) IN
5) Xeroxen + IL
6) IL
7) IL
8) IL
9) IL
10) Seagull

Who Needs Housing:

Derf.MW
2-Djeff
GDX + FL crew
Trollby
Player-1 + GA crew
ZeRo (for Wednesday and Thursday
MJG + Crew (Kwee may house)

ESI I would recommend putting the list I have in the OP for those who need housing. It may help, but you don't have to.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Viperboy, didn't you play Falco back in the day? I remember your name, just can't put a face to it.

NVM, your sig has a falco in it...

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Yeah, I haven't been in the scene for a few years, but I'm looking for my (not-so) surprise break out soon. Still debating if this is the right timing for it :)

LOE1

Smash Lord
jeez people stop taking me serious :(

hype for less an a month away tho

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Okay,

I took liberty and put together a list of my housing I have and other people who currently need housing.
My Housing:

1) OniKasian + IN
2) IN
3) IN
4) IN
5) Xeroxen + IL
6) IL
7) IL
8) IL
9) IL
10) Seagull

Who Needs Housing:

Derf.MW
2-Djeff
GDX + FL crew
Trollby
Player-1 + GA crew
ZeRo (for Wednesday and Thursday
MJG + Crew (Kwee may house)

ESI I would recommend putting the list I have in the OP for those who need housing. It may help, but you don't have to.
Thanks for this! Done.

Top Bottom