• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Yeah, giving it a try now myself. I believe Marisa was a pre-registration bonus so I should be good to go, haha.

Edit: Just tried and LOL Sakuya's spell card music is literally Night of Nights, ahahahaha.

So revisiting the topic of the Splash screen after so long...I know I've suggested "REIMU Plays Her Hand" referencing the Spell Cards, and ran into "REIMU Responds to the Prayers" as a reference to Highly Responsive to Prayers, but now I've found a good new one: "REIMU Is Now Preparing!" Apparently, it's a reference to the "Girls are now preparing" loading screen message that's been prominent in every Touhou game. It seems just as iconic as the Dragon Quest splash screen and their referencing "A monster draws near!" message whenever combat engages. How about that?
I've always felt "Reimu Breaks Through The Barrier" would be a good one. Smash character splash screens usually like a nice punchy sentence and that delivers while also being a fun reference to Gensokyo itself.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Was planning to reroll in Lost word, but I think I'm off to a good start, especially since it doesn't appear that Flandre is able to be obtained yet.

Monetization doesn't seem that bull**** either. Looks like I've picked up a 3rd gacha. >_>

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Was planning to reroll in Lost word, but I think I'm off to a good start, especially since it doesn't appear that Flandre is able to be obtained yet.

Monetization doesn't seem that bull**** either. Looks like I've picked up a 3rd gacha. >_>
I got Daiyousei and Youmu from my first few pulls.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

only reset about 6 times so far, but i keep getting marisa and Reimu, even though they are the free units we get lol. I'mm be happy with Reisen or Youmu i suppose. Sadly no Tewi yet

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
only reset about 6 times so far, but i keep getting marisa and Reimu, even though they are the free units we get lol. I'mm be happy with Reisen or Youmu i suppose. Sadly no Tewi yet
I wish you luck! I'll be saving for Flandre for now and potentially Remilia depending on how things turn out.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I wish you luck! I'll be saving for Flandre for now and potentially Remilia depending on how things turn out.
a few turns later, i got Youmu, and I am guessing some good other cards?

2 5 stars. this should be solid. I guess I am getting my nextforced 10 pull

EDIT: GOt Lily White, and another Marisa. I think this is a solid start?

Last edited:

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Btwm heres a nice touhou 18 plot video

I can't believe this is the video that helped me better understand the plot of the game the most, lol. You know its good when Sr Pelo comments on it!

I need to start playing the mobile game today. just not sure if I should reroll or not, as I plan to be very F2P in this game.
I'm also going to be going the F2P route. Good luck, brother. We're both gonna need it...

zferolie

Smash Hero
I can't believe this is the video that helped me better understand the plot of the game the most, lol. You know its good when Sr Pelo comments on it!

I'm also going to be going the F2P route. Good luck, brother. We're both gonna need it...
The plot of the game sure is silly.... and well... I did buy the 1 pack, felt it was worth spending money hopefully just once..., and wanted to try rolling in the limited 3 time banner... my luck was pretty bad though. no Ran, CHen, or Yuyukos. I did get Reisen, who I wanted, so thats something. Plus Marisa and Reimu liked to spook in those 3 rolls I did... no idea what I do with extras... So I still have a bunch of gems left, and now have Lily, Luna, Reisen, Youmu, Marisa, and Reimu. This should be a fine start I suppose.

Anyway, no not spending anything, and saving for Tewi, Okuu, Tenshi, and Yukari. wonder when they will appear. Now the true F2p begins!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How do I connect my Apple ID to LostWord? It keeps saying “your game account is not linked to an Apple ID” when I pick Sign In With Apple

THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO DO GENIUS, TO LINK IT TO MY APPLE ACCOUNT. I refuse to link my Facebook to it

never mind I did it, it can’t be at the title screen but rather once youre in game and go to the menu

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Nice! I got Sanae, which was a bit of a bummer given that apparently you get her for free, lol.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Does anyone know if tenshi, tewi, yukari, or okuu are in the japanese version of the game yet? Just curious how long i will be waiting to get my favs

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if tenshi, tewi, yukari, or okuu are in the japanese version of the game yet? Just curious how long i will be waiting to get my favs
According to this, I see Tenshi, Tewi and Yukari. I don't see Okuu, but I skimmed it and may have missed her

Doremy's smug grin

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else thinking we'll see an Unconnected Marketeers banner for LostWord at some point in the future?
I mean, that cafe I mentioned about a month ago actually made a new drink themed after Mike, and that was before the full game was released, so it's entirely possible.

I'm pretty sure there are more than a few people out there who'd absolutely whale for Sannyo or Momoyo.
Those two are definitely my favorite characters in the game! I actually found myself pigging out over a literal centipede girl more than all the other characters over time (LOL)! I do believe we will get them in the near future, what with Okina being dropped recently, and she is probably the closest thing I have to a favorite character.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, so I've set up a thread for casually discussing characters, learning about who they are, talking about what they could do, etc. We're cycling through different characters, and it's currently Reimu's turn.
Come down here and discuss!

zriL

Smash Journeyman
Latest Papagenos video had some good arguments against many major contenders for this pass, namely Rayman, Sonic characters or Pokemons. More broadly, Crowd Cheer Theory is in favor of japanese characters because of voice acting constraints. Until now, it works pretty well because the only western character of the pass has no voice acting at all and the crowd cheers for each character are all japanese. So this is pretty good for us, I don't even know who's likely anymore, I think we're gonna get another curveball again. I believe the only "obvious" picks left with decent looking chances are Crash and Lloyd.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Latest Papagenos video had some good arguments against many major contenders for this pass, namely Rayman, Sonic characters or Pokemons. More broadly, Crowd Cheer Theory is in favor of japanese characters because of voice acting constraints. Until now, it works pretty well because the only western character of the pass has no voice acting at all and the crowd cheers for each character are all japanese. So this is pretty good for us, I don't even know who's likely anymore, I think we're gonna get another curveball again. I believe the only "obvious" picks left with decent looking chances are Crash and Lloyd.

Didnt watch the full video, but yeah i feel that characters with just 1 name would fit well with that theory. My top 2 wanted and feel likely fit that, Reimu and shantae.

Crash i feel still is likely... but Activision actions have me a bit... worried.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Eh, this just feels like wishcasting to me, I wouldn't read into it. Fan theories revolve around inventing some kind of pattern to apply to a series of arbitrary decisions by Nintendo - they're never right.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm putting all my stock in the recent projectile glitch. The grazing feels too specific for me to ignore. I also know the Pic of the Day doesn't mean anything, but that one Touhou reference got me curious as heck. Feels like everything is falling in place.

Either way, I'm really excited for this character's chances now. I first thought that Reimu would be a silly choice, but looking into it I can see how amazing this character could be for Smash.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Honestly, I'm putting all my stock in the recent projectile glitch. The grazing feels too specific for me to ignore. I also know the Pic of the Day doesn't mean anything, but that one Touhou reference got me curious as heck. Feels like everything is falling in place.

Either way, I'm really excited for this character's chances now. I first thought that Reimu would be a silly choice, but looking into it I can see how amazing this character could be for Smash.
Be careful with glitches. Sure I also think this one means a lot more than the average glitch (especially since it affects every character and every projectile), but for all we know, it could be a glitch and nothing more.

And yes, Reimu would be amazing to put into the game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I had a huge Touhou phase in college (primarily checking out remixes and meme videos) but it eventually faded into a casual occasional interest

then finding out Reimu has a legit chance, she became one of my “new” most wanteds along with Octoling (playing Final Fest with my Chaos Veemo made me want them), LoL rep, and KOS-MOS. My “old” most wanteds I had going into Ultimate (Fiora, Neku, Elma) are all but done for so, if I can get one of my four “new” MWs I’ll consider myself compensated and be super happy as well

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Damn straight: this is a glitch that seems more impactful than previous glitches we've uncovered before. If we are getting a new Smash fighter this month (I mean, it's been two months since Pyra and Mythra were added, we may have a new Smash fighter soon, perhaps at the very tail-end of May or something), then Reimu seems the most likely in no small part thanks to this comparatively substantial glitch, but if not May, then a double-whammy reveal at E3 alongside Crash like when Hero & Banjo were revealed at E3 2019, and possibly Min Min & Steve if E3 2020 wasn't canceled.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Damn straight: this is a glitch that seems more impactful than previous glitches we've uncovered before. If we are getting a new Smash fighter this month (I mean, it's been two months since Pyra and Mythra were added, we may have a new Smash fighter soon, perhaps at the very tail-end of May or something), then Reimu seems the most likely in no small part thanks to this comparatively substantial glitch, but if not May, then a double-whammy reveal at E3 alongside Crash like when Hero & Banjo were revealed at E3 2019, and possibly Min Min & Steve if E3 2020 wasn't canceled.
What if the bonus fighter on the site theory is true and CP12 is KOS-MOS... I am only half grasping at straws here

if not Crash, maybe someone from League of Legends, another Western IP that is PRETTY FREAKIN MASSIVE

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
As for the last character, we haven't had a Capcom rep as DLC yet, so I think it's time for Phoenix Wright to come to the stand. We are getting a port of The Great Ace Attorney soon.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As for the last character, we haven't had a Capcom rep as DLC yet, so I think it's time for Phoenix Wright to come to the stand. We are getting a port of The Great Ace Attorney soon.
Ehhhhh with the blowout of the Capcom costumes with Pythra (which were mostly MH but also had Arthur) I’m not feeling a Capcom rep as the last two, unless they miraculously decide to do more DLC

best bet is next smash, or even a Deluxe version of Ult

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Be careful with glitches. Sure I also think this one means a lot more than the average glitch (especially since it affects every character and every projectile), but for all we know, it could be a glitch and nothing more.

And yes, Reimu would be amazing to put into the game.
Yup, the thing about glitches is that they're just that - glitches! I wouldn't want to set my clock by something which is usually behavior accidentally introduced by developers, rather than purposeful decisions.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yup, the thing about glitches is that they're just that - glitches! I wouldn't want to set my clock by something which is usually behavior accidentally introduced by developers, rather than purposeful decisions.
Adding to this, even if the glitch is connected to a new fighter there's no guarantee it'll be Reimu. All we know are guesses and speculation, with the general agreement being that they probably had to mess with the universal projectile properties for whatever reason, and that's a pretty darn wide umbrella of possibilities.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Adding to this, even if the glitch is connected to a new fighter there's no guarantee it'll be Reimu. All we know are guesses and speculation, with the general agreement being that they probably had to mess with the universal projectile properties for whatever reason, and that's a pretty darn wide umbrella of possibilities.
Who else could that glitch possibly hint at if any? I’ve heard Rayman or Master Chief

Top Bottom