• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
Now, I don't want to get your hopes up. In fact, I don't want to get my hopes up. But if you total together every character that's in that leak, the roster (counting echos and Pokemon Trainer as one) clocks in at 79 characters. That's o-one character away from 80. N-now, I know this is c-crazy...

b-but... what if... w-w-e g-g-g-ot o-ne m-m-more character...

And it.... i-i-it... w-w-as...

sweat.gif

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Now, I don't want to get your hopes up. In fact, I don't want to get my hopes up. But if you total together every character that's in that leak, the roster (counting echos and Pokemon Trainer as one) clocks in at 79 characters. That's o-one character away from 80. N-now, I know this is c-crazy...

b-but... what if... w-w-e g-g-g-ot o-ne m-m-more character...

And it.... i-i-it... w-w-as...

View attachment 171792
Eh, it will kinda be out of place tbh... This leak really just deconfirms Reimu for the base roster and some early waves of DLC imo.... Which is a bummer, yes, but it was a long shot to begin with so we can't really complain.

If we WERE to get Reimu at this point, I think it would be much much later.

p. s. Careful with double posts!

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
It’s hard to express what I feel about the leak, which is looking more and more real. On one hand, the lack of Reimu hurts, but I can’t help but be hyped for the leaked characters. Banjo, Isaac, Geno, and Mach Rider are all fantastic choices and I’m glad for them to have the opportunity to make a comeback in the gaming landscape. I hope we can at least agree that this is way better than the Vergeben leak.

There’s no way I’m giving up for our Shrine Maiden of course. I’m staying on the Reimu train all the way till the bitter end.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
It’s hard to express what I feel about the leak, which is looking more and more real. On one hand, the lack of Reimu hurts, but I can’t help but be hyped for the leaked characters. Banjo, Isaac, Geno, and Mach Rider are all fantastic choices and I’m glad for them to have the opportunity to make a comeback in the gaming landscape. I hope we can at least agree that this is way better than the Vergeben leak.

There’s no way I’m giving up for our Shrine Maiden of course. I’m staying on the Reimu train all the way till the bitter end.
This pretty much sums up my impression with the leak as well. I can't complain as much because first, a goddamn RH rep is in, and second, I always tried to keep my expectations for Reimu in the base roster low. Even though it wasn't IMPOSSIBLE, and was much more likely than people gave it credit for, I was always aware it was still a very long shot. I would be lying if I said I'm not bummed out about this, but I am willing to accept it.

But that won't stop me from keep wanting her at least as a DLC. And unlike the base roster, DLC is much more likely imo, so I'mma keep supporting my favorite capitalist shrine maiden for Smash until the end of days!

---------------------------

EDIT: Welp, it seems like a HUGE rench was thrown into this leak's credibility.... This is the official response from that marketing complany: https://m.facebook.com/147749832060539/posts/1070378256464354/

To summarize, the supposed leaker hasn't worked there since 2016, and the company itself isn't even working with Namco for Ultimate's promotion this time at all, so... Yeah. This kinda makes me lean more towards Team Fake.

EDIT 2: ...OR NOT
I guess now he works in a different place that ACTUALLY WORKS for Namco...? Idk this is getting weird I'm so confused....

Last edited:

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
You know what's ironic? The fact that the Facebook post you linked is in French.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
You know what's funny? The fact that the Facebook post you linked is in French.
Yeah, cuz it's a French company. It's nothing special.

Here, this post from the main thread explains it all:
So there were always TWO companies involved here with this leak...

ONE company is "ateliers-marina". we know from finding eric bricards linked in account that he was ONCE associated with them.

"ateliers-marina" is now coming out and saying that "eric bricard" hasn't worked there for years (2 years since 2016 at some point) and although they have worked with namco in the past they are not working on smash ultimate:

View attachment 171888

they do publicly list namco as a reference on their website:

View attachment 171899

bricard was found to work for this company through his name being badly half-edited out on the leak and then people searching that name to find his linkedin profile which lead to "ateliers-marina", the company now denying they are involved in smash ultimate:
View attachment 171889View attachment 171890

However thats just http://www.ateliers-marina.fr/ denying involvement in smash ultimate. Only ONE of the TWO companies involved here. Ateliers-marina was only where we learned this guy has some Namco ties in his past at least.

eric NOW seems to work for a NEW company ACP-PLV:

View attachment 171896

This is where hes worked for the two years after he left ateliers-marina apparently.

https://www.acp-plv.fr/ is a different company than ateleirs-marina from what i can tell and THIS seems to be where the leak is coming from. this company has not denied involvement with smash ultimate (as far as im aware).

ACP-PLV may also have ties to namco and may be working on smash material, we dont know... if eric bricard DID have ties to namco at his old job (ateliers-marina) its possible he still does at his new job ACP-PLV and that is where the leak is coming from.

So ateliers-marina denying involvement in smash ultimate does NOT kill the leak. That was just eric bricards FORMER employment and the only interesting thing there was that they had ties to namco, something we dont know if ACP-PLV does or not.

Thats my understanding of all this, if im wrong about something here my apologies it was always a bit confusing to me.

I hope that clears up this denial of involvement from ateliers-marina is not a nail in the coffin for this leak at all, it was JUST how we associated "eric bricard" with namco at one point in his career.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, for fun I made my crazy this would be the best direct every guesses on what will happen on the direct Thursday

We will get 3 reveal trailers, one start, one middle, and one end, and they all will feature 2 unique newcomers, as that one twitter user said(he said 1 was but I am just saying all three will for most pip dream hype) between them we will get other info, but also 3 echos between the first 2 and 3 echos before the last trailer. Total 12 characters.

Direct starts, Upbeat music is playing, and Inkling, Wii Fit Trainer, and Daisy are dancing to the rhythm, after a little bit the music changes and they try to adapt their dancing, a voice then says Nice try, and a new dancer dancers onto screen. 'RHYTHMN GAL MOVES TO THE BEAT" we then see a short gameplay trailer for her. After wards, all 4 are dancing, and the music suddenly stops, they all look to where the music jukebox is as the camera moves over to the mysterious character Purple pony tail, shaking hips, and a familiar song starts to play, "SHANTAE DANCERS THROUGH THE DANGER" Gameplay for Shantae shows, and trailer ends with Rhythmn gal and Shantae bumping hips as the other girls clap.

Then Sakurai goes over these 2 fighters in a little bit of detail, talking about their stages as well. Then mentions 3 echos incoming: Dixie Kong, Ken, and Impa. Sakurai then starts to talk about Spirits mode, what it details(subspace like mode with story and bosses)

Afterwards Sakurai says check out this next reveal trailer. It deals with spirit mode, and we see villains/ bosses fighting the playable characters. Before Dr. Eggman can get a blow onto someone, the ground erupts and earth stops the attack. The heroes look over and see a hero above the rubble, with a yellow scarf and sword. "ISAAC UNLEASHES HIS PSYENERGY!" Gameplay trailer starts for him. After that while he is fighting he is using growth on Bowser when suddenly a torrent of magical bullets fly through the sky, hitting bowser and knocking him away. From the sky a Miko flies in slowly. "REIMU UNLESHES THE SPELL CARD!" Gameplay for her, and trailer ends with Reimu and Isaac looking at some of the defeated villains as a gap opens up in the distance, an Yukari pears through and smiles...

Sakurai talks about these 2 slightly, stages and items. He mentions here are the final 3 echo Fighters, and we may have seen some of them in the last trailer: Medusa, Shadow the Hedgehog and Ms. Pac-Man. Then he goes into the other single player modes, trophies, and Online mode. As the direct is ending Sakurai thanks everyone and hopes we will all enjoy this final reveal trailer.

Opens up with a Wrestling ring, an announcer is saying "Welcome to the main event, a 4 player free for all!" "In the red corner, KIRBY! In the blue corner, KING K ROOL!, in the Yellow Corner, LITTLE MAC! And in the green corner..... INCINEROAR!" "INCINEROAR STEALS THE SPOTLIGHT!" Gameplay trailer for him. Afterwards, Incineroar is holding up the championship belt when suddenly the lights go dark. Incineroar looks around and suddenly a spotlight shines up on the rafters, with the shadow being revealed on the mat, spikey hair, large feet, and an odd looking weapon. "Hope its not to late to jump in!" "SORA UNLOCKS THE DOOR!" Sora jumps down and we get his gameplay trailer, and the whole thing ends with Sora and Incineroar after the fight, arms one each other with big goofy smiles.

And that there is what I feel would be the most epic roster, beaking the grinch leak, and my pipe dream. I doubt this would ever happen, but man, what a ride if it did...

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I've got some good news for y'all. While it's not definitive proof, it's evidence nonetheless.

You guys remember the Music Theory? Well, while that thing is dead, the pattern of every numbered newcomer getting a theme along with their reveal has not yet been broken. And there are only 5 weeks left until launch. Why's that relevant? Well, because that means there can only be FOUR more music tracks before launch (since we didn't get one this week). And how many unique newcomers were on the Grinch Leak? Five. Oh, and how many were on the LaPailleDor Leak? That's right, four.

And another thing. Look a bit closer at Isaac on the leak. Do you see Olimar? I certainly don't. That's because he was moved all the way over to the left. Why would Nintendo bother to put Olimar there in previous versions of the mural if they're just gonna shift his position later on? None of the characters changed position after the August Direct, so why should that change now?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I've got some good news for y'all. While it's not definitive proof, it's evidence nonetheless.

You guys remember the Music Theory? Well, while that thing is dead, the pattern of every numbered newcomer getting a theme along with their reveal has not yet been broken. And there are only 5 weeks left until launch. Why's that relevant? Well, because that means there can only be FOUR more music tracks before launch (since we didn't get one this week). And how many unique newcomers were on the Grinch Leak? Five. Oh, and how many were on the LaPailleDor Leak? That's right, four.

And another thing. Look a bit closer at Isaac on the leak. Do you see Olimar? I certainly don't. That's because he was moved all the way over to the left. Why would Nintendo bother to put Olimar there in previous versions of the mural if they're just gonna shift his position later on? None of the characters changed position after the August Direct, so why should that change now?
Sorry to poke a hole, but any week there is a character reveal, the music gets moved to the day of the reveal

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to poke a hole, but any week there is a character reveal, the music gets moved to the day of the reveal
Notes taken from document:
1. Mii [10/2 ~ Afternoon on the Island (Tomodachi Life)]
2. Fire Emblem [10/9 ~ ID - Purpose (Fire Emblem Awakening)]
3. Mega Man [10/16 ~ Flash Man Stage (Mega Man 2)]
4. Castlevania [10/23 ~ Lost Painting (Symphony of the Night)]
5. Golden Sun? [11/1 ~ Day of Direct?]
6. Touhou Project? [11/6]
7. Majora's Mask? [11/13]
8. Tentei Club? [11/20]
9. [11/27]
10. [12/4]

I theorize that if LaPailleDor is real, we will also get a Earthbound track to tie in with Ninten.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
8. Tentei Club? [11/20]
9. [11/27]
10. [12/4]

I theorize that if LaPailleDor is real, we will also get a Earthbound track to tie in with Ninten.
I don't think echos have gotten music tracks before...

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
chibireimuu.png

I don't know anymore. I know that stupid leak has everything stacked against it. And yet, I still can't bring myself to let go. Sure, we have those discord screenshots that could debunk the whole thing and prove it was an elaborate ruse, but how in the WORLD do you predict 2 Castlevania characters AND stage morph!?

Every character that LaPailleDor listed has at least something going for them in some way.

Skull Kid (Moon Assist Trophy/Ramblin' Evil Mushroom Item/Pillow & Chairs hint)
Isaac (Rathalos screenshot/Growth Item)
Ayumi (Murders in the trailers/bombshell retro rep/Mario Maker costume)
Reimu (Sakurai's Japanese developer bias)
Ninten (Space around Ness on mural/Earthbound has 4 stages/Earthbound Beginnings localized around same time as project plan)
Black Shadow (F-Zero has 3 stages/focus on adding villains)
Medusa (The perfect character to give Palutena's unused customs to/Viridi is deconfirmed/focus on adding villains)
Ken (Image Leak/Street Fighter has 36 music tracks)

Regardless of whether or not this whole thing was a ruse, I still firmly believe deep down that no matter what happens, the direct tomorrow will satisfy most fans anyway.

This will be my final post in this thread unless further developments are made. It was fun and chatting with you all.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
View attachment 174196

I don't know anymore. I know that stupid leak has everything stacked against it. And yet, I still can't bring myself to let go. Sure, we have those discord screenshots that could debunk the whole thing and prove it was an elaborate ruse, but how in the WORLD do you predict 2 Castlevania characters AND stage morph!?

Every character that LaPailleDor listed has at least something going for them in some way.

Ninten (Space around Ness on mural/Earthbound has 4 stages/Earthbound Beginnings localized around same time as project plan)
Medusa (The perfect character to give Palutena's unused customs to/Viridi is deconfirmed/focus on adding villains)

Regardless of whether or not this whole thing was a ruse, I still firmly believe deep down that no matter what happens, the direct tomorrow will satisfy most fans anyway.

This will be my final post in this thread unless further developments are made. It was fun and chatting with you all.
I will say, if this rumor somehow turns out true I would be quite surprised, and happy. Yes I want Shantae more but Reimu would be an awesome second place... and maybe somehow we get both haha. 8 characters fit my guess, but I can maybe see getting 12. Long shot I know but still.

Shantae and Incineroar for uniques. Impa and Shadow for Echos

The one thing this leak doesn't have, well 2 things, is not enough fighters for new stages, and only 2 new music icons could show up. These are 2 important things, as we should be getting 5 new stages and 3 music icons. with my 4 more, you get both of those(Skull kid and Incineroar don't get stages, the rest do. Isaac, Reimu, and Shantae get music icons)

Only thing lacking is a lack of a SE rep, but it could be one of our first DLC's. makes sense to Launch with geno as you first DLC right?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I will say, if this rumor somehow turns out true I would be quite surprised, and happy. Yes I want Shantae more but Reimu would be an awesome second place... and maybe somehow we get both haha. 8 characters fit my guess, but I can maybe see getting 12. Long shot I know but still.

Shantae and Incineroar for uniques. Impa and Shadow for Echos

The one thing this leak doesn't have, well 2 things, is not enough fighters for new stages, and only 2 new music icons could show up. These are 2 important things, as we should be getting 5 new stages and 3 music icons. with my 4 more, you get both of those(Skull kid and Incineroar don't get stages, the rest do. Isaac, Reimu, and Shantae get music icons)

Only thing lacking is a lack of a SE rep, but it could be one of our first DLC's. makes sense to Launch with geno as you first DLC right?
If LaPelleDor is true, I can see FDC getting its own icon. There are 3 games in the series.

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
Not enough fighters for new stages, and only 2 new music icons could show up.
3 Music Icons: Golden Sun, Famicom Tentei Club and Touhou
LaPailleDor said we would be getting Poke Floats 2, remember? Also, we need to take into account whether or not the training room counts towards that total.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also, LaPailleDor said we would be getting Poke Floats 2, remember?
Yeah. According to LaPailleDor, the new stages we'll be getting are a FDC stage, a Touhou stage, a Golden Sun stage, Poke Floats 2, and another unknown stage. This assumes that CoroCoro is correct in terms of there being 108 stages.

Last edited:

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. According to LaPailleDor, the new stages we'll be getting are a FDC stage, a Touhou stage, a Golden Sun stage, Poke Floats 2, and another unknown stage. This assumes that CoroCoro is correct in terms of there being 108 stages.
The 108th stage could simply be the training room.

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Not long left. The only thing that we can do now is hope that the Shine Maiden who Protects Dreams and Tradition protects OUR Dreams for a change.

Also, I think that the 5th unknown stage will be the Ancestral Steppe from Monster Hunter. The arena where Dracula is fought is based off of an actual stage, so I think it's fairly likely that the arena where Rathalos is fought will be the same deal.

guitargamer57

Smash Cadet
So, for fun I made my crazy this would be the best direct every guesses on what will happen on the direct Thursday

We will get 3 reveal trailers, one start, one middle, and one end, and they all will feature 2 unique newcomers, as that one twitter user said(he said 1 was but I am just saying all three will for most pip dream hype) between them we will get other info, but also 3 echos between the first 2 and 3 echos before the last trailer. Total 12 characters.

Direct starts, Upbeat music is playing, and Inkling, Wii Fit Trainer, and Daisy are dancing to the rhythm, after a little bit the music changes and they try to adapt their dancing, a voice then says Nice try, and a new dancer dancers onto screen. 'RHYTHMN GAL MOVES TO THE BEAT" we then see a short gameplay trailer for her. After wards, all 4 are dancing, and the music suddenly stops, they all look to where the music jukebox is as the camera moves over to the mysterious character Purple pony tail, shaking hips, and a familiar song starts to play, "SHANTAE DANCERS THROUGH THE DANGER" Gameplay for Shantae shows, and trailer ends with Rhythmn gal and Shantae bumping hips as the other girls clap.

Then Sakurai goes over these 2 fighters in a little bit of detail, talking about their stages as well. Then mentions 3 echos incoming: Dixie Kong, Ken, and Impa. Sakurai then starts to talk about Spirits mode, what it details(subspace like mode with story and bosses)

Afterwards Sakurai says check out this next reveal trailer. It deals with spirit mode, and we see villains/ bosses fighting the playable characters. Before Dr. Eggman can get a blow onto someone, the ground erupts and earth stops the attack. The heroes look over and see a hero above the rubble, with a yellow scarf and sword. "ISAAC UNLEASHES HIS PSYENERGY!" Gameplay trailer starts for him. After that while he is fighting he is using growth on Bowser when suddenly a torrent of magical bullets fly through the sky, hitting bowser and knocking him away. From the sky a Miko flies in slowly. "REIMU UNLESHES THE SPELL CARD!" Gameplay for her, and trailer ends with Reimu and Isaac looking at some of the defeated villains as a gap opens up in the distance, an Yukari pears through and smiles...

Sakurai talks about these 2 slightly, stages and items. He mentions here are the final 3 echo Fighters, and we may have seen some of them in the last trailer: Medusa, Shadow the Hedgehog and Ms. Pac-Man. Then he goes into the other single player modes, trophies, and Online mode. As the direct is ending Sakurai thanks everyone and hopes we will all enjoy this final reveal trailer.

Opens up with a Wrestling ring, an announcer is saying "Welcome to the main event, a 4 player free for all!" "In the red corner, KIRBY! In the blue corner, KING K ROOL!, in the Yellow Corner, LITTLE MAC! And in the green corner..... INCINEROAR!" "INCINEROAR STEALS THE SPOTLIGHT!" Gameplay trailer for him. Afterwards, Incineroar is holding up the championship belt when suddenly the lights go dark. Incineroar looks around and suddenly a spotlight shines up on the rafters, with the shadow being revealed on the mat, spikey hair, large feet, and an odd looking weapon. "Hope its not to late to jump in!" "SORA UNLOCKS THE DOOR!" Sora jumps down and we get his gameplay trailer, and the whole thing ends with Sora and Incineroar after the fight, arms one each other with big goofy smiles.

And that there is what I feel would be the most epic roster, beaking the grinch leak, and my pipe dream. I doubt this would ever happen, but man, what a ride if it did...
I don't know if anyone could live to that hype. With only the Reimu's reveal I could not hold it... A dream come true... And even more if there's a story mode where we can see other Touhou characters. I really really wish that's the timeline we'll live in.

8. Tentei Club? [11/20]
9. [11/27]
10. [12/4]

At this point we're only clinging to little bits of evidence, just to be able to believe in this leak, and I don't blame you for it. We all want Reimu in Smash, and by now it seems everything goes agaisnt it.... So we can only hope and maybe analyze whatever we can, though it won't matter in just a few hours.

View attachment 174196

Me too. I cannot let this go, I just cannot until it's completly proven fake. Almost never anyone mentioned Reimu in the Smash community until now, I think it means something, no matter how little it is.

May it be true... People, stand as firm as you can, for we would be the only little group who believed this leak and could see it come true!
Whatever happens, at least let's feel happy for those get what they wanted and accept this game, because it is already a great one.

See you in a few hours, whether it's a bad or good ending.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
These past few days have been such a crazy ride. There are many leakers on twitter that are vehemently against the Grinch leak and have been going complete bonkers right now. And even among the leakers, some of their info seemingly directly contradicting each other. I don’t even know what to think right now.

All i know is, if Sakurai is willing to put indie characters like Shovel Knight as an assist trophy, seeing a playable Reimu isn’t too far off the realm of possibility. Touhou is way bigger than Shovel Knight, and most importantly it has history and impact - something that Sakurai values when picking 3rd party characters. And lack of Nintendo relevence isnt an issue, since porting a windows-era Touhou game for the Switch wouldnt be hard at all, and they could be holding off the announcement for her Smash announcements for maximum profits.

Anyway, this is the timeline where I see Reimu possible. Call me deluded, but there’s no way I’m giving up hope amidst everything going against her. I’ve supported Isaac for Brawl and Shulk for Smash 4, but there hasn’t been a character I’ve wanted as bad as Reimu.

zferolie

Smash Hero
If LaPelleDor is true, I can see FDC getting its own icon. There are 3 games in the series.
That is very true

LaPailleDor said we would be getting Poke Floats 2, remember? Also, we need to take into account whether or not the training room counts towards that total.
I forgot about Pokefloats 2. And I guess the last stage could be that rumored Minecraft content.

Not long left. The only thing that we can do now is hope that the Shine Maiden who Protects Dreams and Tradition protects OUR Dreams for a change.

Also, I think that the 5th unknown stage will be the Ancestral Steppe from Monster Hunter. The arena where Dracula is fought is based off of an actual stage, so I think it's fairly likely that the arena where Rathalos is fought will be the same deal.
That is also a possibility.

I don't know if anyone could live to that hype. With only the Reimu's reveal I could not hold it... A dream come true... And even more if there's a story mode where we can see other Touhou characters. I really really wish that's the timeline we'll live in.

At this point we're only clinging to little bits of evidence, just to be able to believe in this leak, and I don't blame you for it. We all want Reimu in Smash, and by now it seems everything goes agaisnt it.... So we can only hope and maybe analyze whatever we can, though it won't matter in just a few hours.

Me too. I cannot let this go, I just cannot until it's completly proven fake. Almost never anyone mentioned Reimu in the Smash community until now, I think it means something, no matter how little it is.

May it be true... People, stand as firm as you can, for we would be the only little group who believed this leak and could see it come true!
Whatever happens, at least let's feel happy for those get what they wanted and accept this game, because it is already a great one.

See you in a few hours, whether it's a bad or good ending.
Man, if there is a story mode, I can see Yukari being a large part of it, or one of the key members of the villain side. Yeah Touhou really doesn't have a villain but they are youkai and they enjoy spreading trouble. I can see Yukari having some fun, and also her Gaps being a key reason why all these villains could be together.

But yeah, less then and Hour and a Half left. I can't get my hopes up for this(as I still want Shantae), but if this leak was true... well it has everyone I want save Shantae and Impa.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I feel Reimu does still have a decent shot at DLC. Even if Spirits can still be fighters(Please Shantae), TOuhou is massive in japan, and I can see that sort of fighter being perfect for DLC

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to remain optimistic. The fact that the DLC comes in a pack including a stage and several music tracks seems to me like they're looking for new IP reps. So no Bandana Dee sadly, since his inclusion wouldn't really warrant a new stage and new music as he shares them with Kirby. And if they're considering music as a factor for adding characters, I would say that Touhou is a great choice since the music is incredibly iconic.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah I am feeling Reimu for sure. I have a strong feeling most if not all the DLC will be new series, hence the stage and, more importantly, music. Hakurei shrine with touhou music fits great.

She does have stiff compition though. Shante(if spirits aren't deconfirming characters which i think they aren't), Minecraft, Dragon quest, Rayman, Namco Bandai characters, and retro Nintendo series.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Remember the part of the Direct where Sakurai showed the Rex costume? We all had suspicions on this, but this part proved it; the roster was decided a while back, and wasn't changed since then. That's why Rex didn't make the cut, and why Spring Man was just an Assist Trophy. Sure, Touhou was still relatively big back at this time, but really didn't have anything to do with Nintendo.

DLC, on the other hand, is far more likely. If AoCF does indeed come to the Switch (and I think it will), Reimu's chances for DLC will skyrocket. Her last obstacle against her inclusion will have just vanished.

BTW, I'd like to bring you guys' attention to something. The plot of World of Light. Characters are getting their souls separated from their body and trapped... somewhere. Reminds me a lot of a certain event that just happened in Wild and Horned Hermit. That's all. I'll let you guys interpret the rest.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Remember the part of the Direct where Sakurai showed the Rex costume? We all had suspicions on this, but this part proved it; the roster was decided a while back, and wasn't changed since then. That's why Rex didn't make the cut, and why Spring Man was just an Assist Trophy. Sure, Touhou was still relatively big back at this time, but really didn't have anything to do with Nintendo.

DLC, on the other hand, is far more likely. If AoCF does indeed come to the Switch (and I think it will), Reimu's chances for DLC will skyrocket. Her last obstacle against her inclusion will have just vanished.

BTW, I'd like to bring you guys' attention to something. The plot of World of Light. Characters are getting their souls separated from their body and trapped... somewhere. Reminds me a lot of a certain event that just happened in Wild and Horned Hermit. That's all. I'll let you guys interpret the rest.
TFW Wild and Horned Hermet is connected to the world of light!!

I honestly still feel that even if touhou was not on a nintendo system, its presence and clout for Japanese game culture is too big and sakurai would know of the series. I still haven't seen ZUN outright say no touhou for smash, but have many people asked him?

Her having an offical game coming out next year does help alot, and its possible that if reimu wasplanned already, they could try to tie her release with that game

Troykv

Smash Master
DLC definitely benefits more Third Party characters; specially now that most of the popular First Party Characters are either Assist Trophies or live in the limbo that is being a Spirit Character.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
2ch back at it again

For those of you who don't know, 2ch is like the 4chan of Japan, except even more toxic and is also equipped with Japanese alt-right propaganda.
They bring up some arguments against Reimu and some other characters in Smash, and I find some of them quite humorous.

They say Touhou fans are obnoxious. Which is honestly quite true on some parts, but like every other fandoms, they're just the minority.
And it's also funny how they are complaining how obnoxious Touhou fans are by BEING ****ING OBNOXIOUS THEMSELVES.
And us Smash community is guilty for some toxicity here and there as well, so.... I suggest they quit being hypocritical.

They then proceeds to say Touhou is ancient as ****, which... Um... Did they ever play Smash? That doesn't even ****ing matter.
And they say Touhou in Smash would only please weebs, which is funny because 2ch is the weebest website in Japan.

Welp, let's just ignore this, 2ch is hated by the Japanese public as well, so... Yeah.

And...

>“Your Twitter also shows you’re half Korean and Smash is made for humans”
I'm not even surprised.

zferolie

Smash Hero
2ch back at it again

For those of you who don't know, 2ch is like the 4chan of Japan, except even more toxic and is also equipped with Japanese alt-right propaganda.
They bring up some arguments against Reimu and some other characters in Smash, and I find some of them quite humorous.

They say Touhou fans are obnoxious. Which is honestly quite true on some parts, but like every other fandoms, they're just the minority.
And it's also funny how they are complaining how obnoxious Touhou fans are by BEING ****ING OBNOXIOUS THEMSELVES.
And us Smash community is guilty for some toxicity here and there as well, so.... I suggest they quit being hypocritical.

They then proceeds to say Touhou is ancient as ****, which... Um... Did they ever play Smash? That doesn't even ****ing matter.
And they say Touhou in Smash would only please weebs, which is funny because 2ch is the weebest website in Japan.

Welp, let's just ignore this, 2ch is hated by the Japanese public as well, so... Yeah.

And...

>“Your Twitter also shows you’re half Korean and Smash is made for humans”
I'm not even surprised.
I never knew 2chan was as bad as 4chan. I still remember hat RL love story that got turned into a manga about a guy asking 2chan for love advice and giving out all the details.

But man, I didn't think touhou(and fate) and that much hate there. Yeah, all fandoms have a very VERY annoying minority, but from my experiance the fandoms of both are pretty cool

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I never knew 2chan was as bad as 4chan. I still remember hat RL love story that got turned into a manga about a guy asking 2chan for love advice and giving out all the details.

But man, I didn't think touhou(and fate) and that much hate there. Yeah, all fandoms have a very VERY annoying minority, but from my experiance the fandoms of both are pretty cool
It's mostly just in 2ch, and they represent the worst of Japanese internet community.
It's just another "hate it because it's popular" thing. 2ch is full of that.

And personally, I have some problems with them as a Korean, because they got some ****ed-up right-wing propaganda going on, justifying Japanese imperialism and attacking the citizens of their former colonies such as us.

But I'd like to clarify on this one misconception that Koreans and Japanese hate each other, but that's really just between the alt-rights. Most Koreans/Japanese don't hold any grudges against each other.

I'm also very disappointed at r/smashbros for sharing this kind of thing and thinking it's "hilarious", and also for spreading misconceptions. I thought they were behaving pretty well recently, but I guess I was severely wrong.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's mostly just in 2ch, and they represent the worst of Japanese internet community.
It's just another "hate it because it's popular" thing. 2ch is full of that.

And personally, I have some problems with them as a Korean, because they got some ****ed-up right-wing propaganda going on, justifying Japanese imperialism and attacking the citizens of their former colonies such as us.

Also there is this one misconception that Koreans and Japanese hate each other, but that's really just between the alt-rights. Most Koreans/Japanese don't hold any grudges against each other.

I'm also very disappointed at r/smashbros for sharing this kind of thing and thinking it's "hilarious", and also for spreading misconceptions. I thought they were behaving pretty well recently, but I guess I was severely wrong.
Well I know Japan is very.... well racist a bit You see how many times they call westeners Gaijins and most likely in a bad way. Many friends that like or work closely with japan say they tend to not like any forigners. Obviously that is going away as the older generation leaves but its still there.

I am not sure if the original intent was to show how hilarious it was or rather give the japanese thoughts on these 2 characters. I myself always thought the japanese would be pulling more for Reimu and Saber...

Top Bottom