• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrine Maiden of Paradise ~ Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project)

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Ayumi, where exactly is this info coming from?
**** me.

Basically...

1. Rumor still persists after Interview (My interpretation of "still present today")
2. the "leaks" from August are a combination of his fantasy (Based on the list of music) and things others have said.
3. Reimu being playable isn't leaked, but the amount of content points towards that being the case (20+ songs from a third party franchise and not being playable just sounds unlikely, I'd understand this thought)
4. No Marisa themes (and by the looks of it, No Sakuya or Remilia either)
5. Bombshell with Dropping the name of a Doujin Circle. (Not a smart idea no matter if it's real or fake)

This is a lot. And really I don't know what to make of it. Do you have post numbers? Link to the thread? I'd like to find the posts on an archive.

Regardless, this is making me feel just like this:

http://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1571444322/
Starts from 65.
The list is on 133 and 134.

Edit: Alternate link if you can't see 5chan.
https://sp.logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/famicom/1571444322/

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
http://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1571444322/
Starts from 65.
The list is on 133 and 134.

Edit: Alternate link if you can't see 5chan.
https://sp.logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/famicom/1571444322/
You really are a treasure for also giving a logsoku link <3

Thank you very much!

EDIT: I do have a question, I can't see anything in the logsoku link that says it's the same person. The people in the thread seem to know, though. Is there something on 5ch proper that identifies them?

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Yeah, 5ch is an anonymous board, right? Is it verifiably the same person, or just someone posting claiming to be?

Also, what's this AoCF leak? I don't think I've heard that one before.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I do have a question, I can't see anything in the logsoku link that says it's the same person. The people in the thread seem to know, though. Is there something on 5ch proper that identifies them?
Check the ID next to the post timestamp. The supposed AoCF leaker's ID is "U7f5 + I4Z0.net"

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Yeah, 5ch is an anonymous board, right? Is it verifiably the same person, or just someone posting claiming to be?

Also, what's this AoCF leak? I don't think I've heard that one before.
In April a 5ch guy posted on a Niconico thread that AoCF was coming to the PS4 and Switch (At that time it was announced for PS4 just a day prior). About a week later it was announced for the Switch. Within that same post he said something along the lines of "I have also heard some mumblings about Touhou/Reimu in Smash".

I know at some point in August the guy posted again and I'm very sure that A Ayumi Tachibana explained how it was the same person, but I don't remember what it was that made it so.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Check the ID next to the post timestamp. The supposed AoCF leaker's ID is "U7f5 + I4Z0.net"
Ah, they've got unique persistent IDs on 5ch? Interesting.

In April a 5ch guy posted on a Niconico thread that AoCF was coming to the PS4 and Switch (At that time it was announced for PS4 just a day prior). About a week later it was announced for the Switch. Within that same post he said something along the lines of "I have also heard some mumblings about Touhou/Reimu in Smash".

I know at some point in August the guy posted again and I'm very sure that A Ayumi Tachibana explained how it was the same person, but I don't remember what it was that made it so.
Thanks for the explanation!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The ID changes and I'm pretty sure it changed mid thread too. I'm fairly certain there's another Identification that others have made use of, something akin to a tripcode.

zferolie

Smash Hero
the only thing that seems odd is the lack of some very important tracks in touhous history. UN Own was here? Cirno's theme? Maria's theme? Overdrive? and more. I honestly don't know what characters those songs are for... can someone post who is who?

Still, That part is the biggest bug for me...

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
the only thing that seems odd is the lack of some very important tracks in touhous history. UN Own was here? Cirno's theme? Maria's theme? Overdrive? and more. I honestly don't know what characters those songs are for... can someone post who is who?

UN Owen is there as Sunny Milky Scarlet Incident

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

I think it would actually be fairly reasonable for Smash to ignore some of the "meme" songs, especially if we assume that ZUN would have a significant hand in selecting the music. If anything, the lack of a Marisa theme (while plausible) is by far the biggest surprise, since she's so much more important than anyone else besides Reimu, and Love-Colored Master Spark and Magus Night are both really great tunes.

zferolie

Smash Hero
UN Owen is there as Sunny Milky Scarlet Incident

Oh... well i feel stupid. Still, i am terrible with names and just search So and so name theme, but UN own is one of the few I knew. so thats the name of the remix? so they are only putting remixes in?

I mean, i thought a great idea was to just have the doujin groups make all the touhou smash music, just because it fit so well for the touhou community. but i didn't think it would be under the fan names.

Can you list what each chararcter is for each song?

I think it would actually be fairly reasonable for Smash to ignore some of the "meme" songs, especially if we assume that ZUN would have a significant hand in selecting the music. If anything, the lack of a Marisa theme (while plausible) is by far the biggest surprise, since she's so much more important than anyone else besides Reimu, and Love-Colored Master Spark and Magus Night are both really great tunes.
true, the meme songs missing could make sense for that reason, but not just master spark, but there are some other highly iconic songs missing. but yeah marisa's missing is the biggest confusion to me

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I have to admit, I'm pretty skeptical that any leaker would know the full list of songs being included. Seems really specific. I guess you never know, though.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
The leaker is not someone shows up time to time but rather he is always hanging around in the smash speculation thread so it's not really hard to track him.
Although, I cannot say he is 100% the same guy first posted the AoCF leak, but we can tell it's almost 80-90% the same person.
5ch's general board ID changes everyday but the first half of Wacchoi ID changes by weekly and stays the same in every boards. Plus his Wacchoi name which is coming from his ISP is a rare one. He was showing up in the threads almost everyday since August (actually he was around there for sometime before the said post), people is tracking him to this day just for sure.
The first April post and the second August post only shares his Wacchoi name but the August post brought the potential Touhou 17.5 related image which he claims leaked from Twilight Frontier.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The leaker is not someone shows up time to time but rather he is always hanging around in the smash speculation thread so it's not really hard to track him.
Although, I cannot say he is 100% the same guy first posted the AoCF leak, but we can tell it's almost 80-90% the same person.
5ch's general board ID changes everyday but the first half of Wacchoi ID changes by weekly and stays the same in every boards. Plus his Wacchoi name which is coming from his ISP is a rare one. He was showing up in the threads almost everyday since August (actually he was around there for sometime before the said post), people is tracking him to this day just for sure.
The first April post and the second August post only shares his Wacchoi name but the August post brought the potential Touhou 17.5 related image which he claims leaked from Twilight Frontier.
Thanks for sharing! It's great to be plugged in to the JP community when it comes to Touhou stuff. Much appreciated.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Oh... well i feel stupid. Still, i am terrible with names and just search So and so name theme, but UN own is one of the few I knew. so thats the name of the remix? so they are only putting remixes in?

I mean, i thought a great idea was to just have the doujin groups make all the touhou smash music, just because it fit so well for the touhou community. but i didn't think it would be under the fan names.

Can you list what each chararcter is for each song?

true, the meme songs missing could make sense for that reason, but not just master spark, but there are some other highly iconic songs missing. but yeah marisa's missing is the biggest confusion to me
The leaker didn't specifically said that the music in the list are all arranged by a single douuin circle. It's only the rumor he heard was saying a certain specific doujin circle is involved in smash.
Wasn't the 4chan leak from November 2018 saying several doujin circles are on board or something like that?

ABC Swoops

Smash Rookie

The bigger songs that seem to be left out could still be in. Unless I'm wrong, the list provided is just for the songs that are being remixed by the doujin group(s), right?
So that means that not only could we likely be getting the originals, but the usual Smash music team that makes the remixes could be handling the other songs themselves.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The leaker didn't specifically said that the music in the list are all arranged by a single douuin circle. It's only the rumor he heard was saying a certain specific doujin circle is involved in smash.
Wasn't the 4chan leak from November 2018 saying several doujin circles are on board or something like that?
Since I'm the one that originally posted it in this thread, yes. They did say several.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, as someone who's only been vaguely following what's been goin' on here, level with me.

Given the new intel of whatever the hell this leak is, what are Reimu's chances? How much are we believin' what this leak is saying?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So, as someone who's only been vaguely following what's been goin' on here, level with me.

Given the new intel of whatever the hell this leak is, what are Reimu's chances? How much are we believin' what this leak is saying?
Don't believe it. That's what I'm choosing for my own sanity. It has things going for it, but it could also be a huge ****ing ruse. The one thing that keeps me from outright dismissing it is that it absolutely lines up with a leak from last November about Doujin circles working with Smash which is an odd ass coincidence, imo. As with any leak, take it with a grain of salt.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
A good rule of thumb with any text leak is to maintain complete doubt until it's irreversibly proven true.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman

Personally, I have a slight inclination to believe it, only because I have heard of this same Doujin circle rumor on 4chan last year. Mind you, this 4chan post was a highly obscure leak that got buried in the ****posting that is /v/. Having it pop up again on 5chan from a completely different source nearly a year later - I think is interesting to say the least. But that could be my own personal biases speaking. Looking at it in face value, the leaker himself doesn't have a load of credibility. Predicting AoCF on the Switch really isn't an impressive feat. As for the leaked artwork, it was a really rough sketch, so it's hard to tell if it was really for 17.5 or not. I could see it going both ways.
As for Reimu's actual chances, I gave her a 55% on the RTC thread, and I'm sticking with that, even with the recent developments.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Regardless of what the end result will be, this has been a ****ing wild couple of weeks. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice

I believe this leak. Due to numerous hints that points to Reimu as a DLC possibility, also since the original rumor started in november, Sakurai also tweeted the same month that the DLC for FP1 was decided.

While i understand why people may be doubting this, this feels like a nail in the coffin for Reimu as a fighter. Still possible that she isn't FP5 but given the timing of the original rumors and the timing when the leaker began hearing about it, its definitely possible she is the 5th fighter. A character getting a costume most likely wouldn't be getting as much music.

Link to sakurai's tweet about the confirmation that the fighters for DLC FP1 being decided here
https://twitter.com/sora_sakurai/status/1059958604818657282?lang=en

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I believe this leak. Due to numerous hints that points to Reimu as a DLC possibility, also since the original rumor started in november, Sakurai also tweeted the same month that the DLC for FP1 was decided.

While i understand why people may be doubting this, this feels like a nail in the coffin for Reimu as a fighter. Still possible that she isn't FP5 but given the timing of the original rumors and the timing when the leaker began hearing about it, its definitely possible she is the 5th fighter. A character getting a costume most likely wouldn't be getting as much music.

Link to sakurai's tweet about the confirmation that the fighters for DLC FP1 being decided here
You're far more optimistic than I.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice

Don't forget there was that one leak mentioning a female fighter that was using ranged objects that we haven't seen yet. Chances for Reimu are looking pretty decent now. :)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Don't forget there was that one leak mentioning a female fighter that was using ranged objects that we haven't seen yet. Chances for Reimu are looking pretty decent now. :)
Quick note, This one was specifically stated to NOT be Reimu. I have issues with this leak because it really makes no sense from a logical or timeline standpoint

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Quick note, This one was specifically stated to NOT be Reimu. I have issues with this leak because it really makes no sense from a logical or timeline standpoint
Ahh my bad. I wasn't aware there was any follow up on that leak stating it wasn't Reimu. Well there goes some of my hype for whoever that ends up being lol.

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
Hear me out. I think the main reason that leaker insisted it wasn't Reimu was because they might have had previous knowledge that the 4th DLC character was an SNK rep. By that logic, if he had little info to go off of I could see why he'd presume right away that Nakoruru from Samurai Showdown would be the character he was leaking instead of Reimu so that it'd align with the next DLC char being an SNK rep. Once Nakoruru got hard-deconfirmed in Terry's trailer, I think it might still be safe to assume if he actually was correct in his information, that Reimu still entirely fits the bill of what he saw.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I said it on the other thread but I think I'll share it here too.
The supposed doujin circle is most likely CarrotWine.
Known for their orchestral arrangements and has "Koubou" in its name.

Last edited:

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Example of the timeline of things that support Reimu's inclusion as a fighter for FP5

November 2018: Sakurai confirms DLC FP1 has been decided. Rumors about doujin circles in Japan composing Touhou music started to appear within the same month.
January 2019: Grant Kirkhope asked to do arrangement of Banjo-Kazooie song, indicating original composers may be on board. This falls in line with the rumor doujin circles composing music for smash due to Nintendo allowing original composers to compose arrangements for them.
March 2019: ZUN's interview doesn't break NDA, states he wants Touhou in for smash
April 2019: PS4 port for AoCF announced, leaker also leaks AoCF before it was officially been announced for the switch, Port for switch is announced a week later in May. Same leaker also hinted at potential rumors about Reimu/Smash and doujin circles being involved with music. Same rumors as before in Nov 2018
E3 2019: Erdrick aka DQ Hero and Banjo revealed for smash. DQ is the biggest RPG in japan whose legacy rivals that of final fantasy. Due to Persona having a legacy and SMT as well, indicates the FP1 may focus on characters whose is known in Japan for their massive legacy and popularity. Banjo may favor western fans however, his legacy is associated with Nintendo on the N64 and decent popularity in Japan as well.
September 2019: Investigation into Nicalis reveals mismanagement over its company practices including racism comments among other things. Nicalis is one of big names behind Cave Story. This alone deconfirms Quote as Cave Story rep and indie rep for future DLC mainly post FP. Cave Story is the other indie with some legacy and influence within the genre
Latest Direct: Sans confirmed costume, this confirms that no other big name indie characters other than Reimu can be a fighter in FP1. Terry revealed during the same direct suggests the FP1 entirely focuses on characters from series with massive legacy within their respective genres. DQ Hero and Persona also hints at this. Since Sans is a costume, Undertale was confirmed by Toby Fox the creator of the game to be heavily inspired by games like Touhou. To add more to doujin circle rumor and Nintendo contacting others to compose music, Toby composed the Megalovania theme in smash. So this also makes it possible that ZUN himself could compose original music for smash.
Earlier this month: The interview with ZUN back in march is made public. Also the leaker that leaked AoCF in april also just leaked that the song list and also confirmed that the doujin circle rumor was still happening. Song list is included as well from one doujin circle. This possibly hints that ZUN may actually be composing music for smash and the fact that Touhou is infamous for its music also suggests we could be getting a lot of remixes mainly of doujin circles. Also the leaker specifically states that it was for smash.

Although the leak could be fake, hopefully this summary of timeline for a few hints that point towards Reimu being DLC will help people understand why me and a few other supporters believe she is the fifth fighter. If she isn't we still think she will be a fighter soon post FP.

Last edited:

Guritsu

Smash Apprentice
I said it on the other thread but I think I'll share it here too.
The supposed doujin circle is most likely CarrotWine.
Known for their orchestral arrangements and has "Koubou" in its name.
****ing CarrotWine making arranges for Smash? G O D.
It's a longshot and a bit of a meme pick, but I want Alstromeria Records to be a part of the process just for the slight chance Bad Apple might make it in. I can't even begin to imagine how amazing it'd be to hear that song in Smash. It'd also be quite ****ing nice to see considering there's like 2 of these sorts of vids out there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMDMGtg0UEM

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Question about this rumor: are supposedly ZUN and this doujin circle the ones making the music? Because I’d imagine the Smash team would want to make some remixes. Sakurai said how their team was excited to work with the Castlevania music; I think they’d also like to work with Touhou stuff as well

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Question about this rumor: are supposedly ZUN and this doujin circle the ones making the music? Because I’d imagine the Smash team would want to make some remixes. Sakurai said how their team was excited to work with the Castlevania music; I think they’d also like to work with Touhou stuff as well
Nintendo keeps a tight lid on ****ing everything. The only reason I feel that this is even coming out is because of Doujin Circles being open with each other, so we'd only be able to know what they do rather than what Nintendo would do.

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
As of writing this, there are 17 users and 55 guests viewing this thread.

Holy ****, we are exploding.

As for the leak, well, I never usually believe leaks, but this one I want to believe.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Nintendo keeps a tight lid on ****ing everything. The only reason I feel that this is even coming out is because of Doujin Circles being open with each other, so we'd only be able to know what they do rather than what Nintendo would do.
Would that mean the music list is actually longer? Assuming Nintendo also does some remixes?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Would that mean the music list is actually longer? Assuming Nintendo also does some remixes?
That depends on what exactly the list is. Is it stuff they made specifically for Smash? Is it stuff they are theorizing what to make? The list is already massive as it is. Right now, I'm just trying to make sense of it all

Top Bottom