• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Your Vids! Falcon Video and Player Thread

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
Me fighting against a highly-skilled Wii Fit Trainer on Anther's ladder. In this match, both me and my opponent made a critical mistake at the end: On my part, I did not know that the "whoever has higher % loses if time runs out" rule applies to Anther's ladder, and thought that the win goes to whoever wins the Sudden Death, like in For Glory 1-on-1, hence I tried to stall until Sudden Death despite the fact that I had more damage than my opponent. On my opponent's end, he did not know that his character automatically lets go of the edge after a few seconds, leading to him falling to his death merely 2 seconds before he would have achieved victory.

sucram

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarLoda
*link*

Reposting this here instead of its thread: Captain Falcon video tutorial
Great work! That is an awesome video! Definitely nice intro to Falcon and offers as a reminder for more seasoned players

My favorite part? "Falcon Punch. Use: Disrespect" haha

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
User name: Captain Farukon
In-Game name: Super Mario
3DS Friend Code: 154753223860
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Trevor.C.Belmont
Country of Residence: Mexico
Palette Colour: Original

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
User name: Captain Farukon
In-Game name: Super Mario
3DS Friend Code: 154753223860
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Trevor.C.Belmont
Country of Residence: Mexico
Palette Colour: Original

Just don't dodge too much, I saw you did a dash grab then did dodge, lol.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Just don't dodge too much, I saw you did a dash grab then did dodge, lol.
yeah that was just instinct i like to dodge a lot but why i shouldnt? dodge is better than block isnt it?

Here is another vid with a far more skilled player (hate pokemon stadium stage....)

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
yeah that was just instinct i like to dodge a lot but why i shouldnt? dodge is better than block isnt it?
You really have a lot left to learn, don't you? :p

Most of the time I think you should block, mainly because shield-grab is so great in this game. And you can't immediately act out of dodge, you can immediately act out of shield (you can even upB).

Try to reprogram yourself into blocking more often instead of dodging. You'll be surprised.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Really fun set against another Captain Falcon, won 2-0! Sorry about potato quality

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
Hey guys, this is my series Weekly Smash, and I posted today a For Glory of using Captain Falcon! Hope you guys enjoy!

TheGount

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1633-4632-9014
User name: TheGount
In-Game name: Gount
3DS Friend Code: 1633 4632 9014
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: TheGount
Country of Residence: USA (Florida)
Palette Colour: Green

Hey all! I'm glad to join this group with fellow falcon mains. Definitely the hypest character in all of smash! I recently placed 27th in Smash 4 at Paragon Orlando, FL out of 252 people. I hope to learn more and more tips from all of you guys, and maybe bring some info as well!

CookingMama

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cooking-Okasan
I've got a long ways to go for sure but it's nice to be able to make my irl friends ragequit

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Not bad, @ CookingMama CookingMama ! Great hype on that upB + knee string :D

Only thing I could add is: don't knee so much (it's great if you hit, of course, but if you miss you could get punished very easily by someone with decent reaction time) and watch out for raptor boost. In this game, it's a KO move, not a combo starter, specially when fresh. Avoid using it, you might want to keep it fresh for a surprise KO against roll spammers ;)

CookingMama

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cooking-Okasan
I definitely don't throw knees like that in actual matches, I also was throwing a ton of raptor boosts which I definitely prefer to keep fresh in a real set. I was mainly just being silly and goofing off since I was playing with friends who admittedly aren't quite as good. however I do tend to throw out a knee or two too many in real games due to input error... (I've got the gamepad blues until I get the gcn adapter) Thanks for the criticism though, @ BigLord BigLord , I really appreciate it! I'll have to record some more serious matches for a proper critic though!

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
Here are two videos of me fighting Direonfire, a professional Smasher, on his stream. I fought him in fifteen matches, alternating between Charizard and Captain Falcon, ending up winning nine matches in total:

Last edited:

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
So, this is me playing Falcon against a Pikachu. Captain L is probably #2 in the region for Sm4sh, and I might be around #10 (the skill gap is pretty large tho). I lose both matches, I'd really like some advice for dealing with the little rat, he is so short and the QA is too good, I couldn't come up with a way to beat it.

This is probably my last time going to Smashville game 1 against him, Captain L has a brawl background so he is super comfortable there. Which neutrals should I look to go to instead if I ban Smashville? I'd also like to throw in here that he is VERY proficient at egdegcanceling/QAC on platforms so I'd really not like to go to BF despite that being Falcon's best stage imo.

Secondly, my rationale for CP'ing to Duck Hunt is that I can't egdgeuard Pika, so I wanted smaller blastzones to kill him outright. Plus, he doesn't have the timings or spacing down for those platforms. He is obviously the superior player, but I think this MU is doable with Falcon. Any help on the MU?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BayxCU3NZuA

Last edited:

CookingMama

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cooking-Okasan
@ CookingMama CookingMama Gotta give you props for that dash dance knee on D3 dude, that was nice! How long did it take to get that down? First I've seen it used that well in sm4sh.
I guess it was just years of melee and me playing a match where I was really feeling myself lol

I appreciate it though! that **** looks crisp lol

Last edited:

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
Username: PixelPerfect
In-game name: Spencer
NNID: Link1182
Palette Colour: Gold or 2nd one

This isn't that impressive but I pulled this off back last year and I thought I might as well share it. Funny thing is, the guy I was playing with left the lobby right after that kill.

Last edited:

rahsosprout

Smash Apprentice
I'm really struggling in the Yoshi matchup. I feel like even when I win, it was mostly through a lucky knee and I'm not actually in control of the game. I thought I'd post this here to see if I could get some tips as to what I need to do / stop doing.

Here are a few games against @Regralht

Losses:

Getting completely destroyed (first game too, so great way to get my morale up);

Lucky wins:

Agora

Smash Journeyman
If anything, I see a fair bit of forced knee attempts from neutral. I only try placing those when I think I can read my opponent after a hit. Some risky Down Bs thrown in there, too. A couple of Down Tilts where you anticipate him approaching even though he's way out of range, I do this too and it's often not that great an idea :x

I felt like you full jumped often for no particular reason as well. Made your approaches easier to anticipate. Work on your neutral game a bit more; you're not really keeping him guessing as to when you'll attack and using footsies to keep him guessing. I like to stay just out of range with empty short hops and dash dancing and kinda wait and see before committing.

As for the match-up, I'm pretty stumped about it as well. I feel like Yoshi can do whatever the hell he wants and get away with it. I'd say the best advice I can give is to try and read a pattern in their egg usage when coming back on stage after a hit and punish that. Careful about overextending combos because of his quick NAir.

Edit: Oh, and he would always DI your down throws away to prevent the typical follow ups, you could prolly have started straight up running at him after the throw and try to mix things up.

Last edited:

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
You really have a lot left to learn, don't you? :p

Most of the time I think you should block, mainly because shield-grab is so great in this game. And you can't immediately act out of dodge, you can immediately act out of shield (you can even upB).

Try to reprogram yourself into blocking more often instead of dodging. You'll be surprised.
hahah i think i still play as if this was melee, back then dodge and roll were the best defensive tools, but perfect shield and grab is risky or not? cuz by insticnt any player as soon as they see you put the shield is gonna grab ya

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
cuz by insticnt any player as soon as they see you put the shield is gonna grab ya
You'd be surprised. Don't forget that Falcon has the fastest dash-grab in the game. The time it takes for them to try to grab you is the time you should use to evade that grab attempt and counter it. You're falcon, you're fast! ;)

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
You'd be surprised. Don't forget that Falcon has the fastest dash-grab in the game. The time it takes for them to try to grab you is the time you should use to evade that grab attempt and counter it. You're falcon, you're fast! ;)
I shall remember that, thanks my friend

0mart

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mr.0mart
wow Fatality it´s actually entertaining to watch!... we have a similar gamestyle and he knows some of the setups (Up air+Knee) ... But I think he can workout on his punishes.. He tend to punish with grabs a little too much.(In some cases he can punish with Side B or even Fsmash). But good play man.

Edit:
- Hey umm I want to know his user here, I want to ask him: How do you Dash Dance?... do you press the same direction twice then the other way or just Left and then right?

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Username: Zura
In-game name: Zura
NNID: KatsuraRapYo
Palette Color: Red

Here's a vid of me on stream of a recent tournament.
Always room for improvement
#Red

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
My Captain Falcon destroying people in a 2 VS. 2 with style. Half of the kills my team got were delivered from the one and only most sacred and masculine move in the entire Super Smash Bros. series, the holy Falcon Punch.

Last edited:

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
The videos from Gwinnett Brawl are finally here! It's 2 big videos, so I'll just tell you where I play in each one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4pVEZ-1T-E
Winner's bracket round 3 against Player-0's Lucario starts at 38:10
Winner's Quarters vs Trillager's Villager starts at 49:41
Winner's Semis vs TheReflexWonder's Jiggs and Little Mac starts at 1:35:44 (I experiment with Yoshi game 1 :p)
Winner's Finals against Player-1's Diddy starts at 1:46:40

Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ZeTt45aX8
Grand Finals against Player-1's Diddy and Villager starts at 43:32

I'd love to hear any advice you guys can give me, I hope you enjoy the videos!

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Videos from the GX championship in Georgia are up! It was a series of brackets with most of the same people, so I play a lot of the same people several times, the last 2 vids are from the final 3 person single-elimination bracket.
Pools against Unkempt's DDD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTAlxp_N12k
Pools against Aurora's Sonic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCGHdgxf5PI
Pools against Neos's Rosalina and Dr. Mario https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbIa74aSDTk
Pools against Player-1's Villager https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKnTBRDUjiw
Vs Angelo's Jiggs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xh1tb26tiE
Vs Unkempt's DDD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN7eSaXJl1U
Vs Neos's Rosalina https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpZ4bkY2mzE
Vs Player-1's Diddy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMCFRsYg9QA
Semifinals against Neos's Dr. Mario and Rosalina https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOFzcX31rzY
Grand Finals against Player-1's Diddy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5qiPxHEqs

Tripolarbear

Smash Rookie
Grand Finals against Player-1's Diddy
Hay man I'm picking up Falcon as a main and i really appreciate your vids. I just have one question. In the grand finals against player-1's Diddy at about 4:00 you were getting knocked off stage allot and every time you got hit you would Uair. is there a reason for that or you just wanted to?

Top Bottom