• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Lose the possessions. The rest was great.
Yeah, I have to agree with this.

They were kinda funny just because Youko and Panda are funny guys to begin with, but I don't think that segment is healthy for the show. The rest was indeed great, though!

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'll be blunt. Possessions was stupid. Only keep them if Panda does voices. Youko's were funny 'cause of his stupid voices.

Sorry, Panda! But what's the point in pretending to be someone, if the only way we can tell you're being them is the big floating head blocking your view?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It's too bad that Possession is getting such bad reviews. Oh well...I had fun with it.

Anyway, Twilight Princess is going down on Stickam at the moment...see the first post.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Oh noes! I'm getting error messages when I try to download the audio.

C:\Users\name\Desktop\SMYN_Episode2.mp3 could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.
when I try to resume a download from last night, and I get
The download cannot be saved because an unknown error occurred.

Please try again.
when I try to start a new download.

Those might be because I'm trying to get it on an awful hotel internet connection, but it might be worth looking into.

BrawlMoptop11

Smash Rookie
Glad to see the people from the SMYN fourms are here, and then some! But what happened to the fourms? Only a few people visit them now and then. People aren't really going to the fourms, even with Youko's plug-ins on the new SMYN. Everything with this show is awesome, love it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm contemplating moving the forum over to a new system (MyBB) because phpBB is just not doing it for me right now.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Indeed. Technical limitations coupled with the (obviously) sub-par spambot prevention is causing us to lean towards a move. Thankfully, we can back up the forum, so all posts, topics, and users should be preserved.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Indeed. Technical limitations coupled with the (obviously) sub-par spambot prevention is causing us to lean towards a move. Thankfully, we can back up the forum, so all posts, topics, and users should be preserved.
Do we want to preserve 500 bots though?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, focus on deleting any bot threads that might still exist. That way when I attempt the conversion, it will grab only the human threads. We'll handle the bot accounts themselves as best we can.

Egallardo26

Smash Apprentice
I rarely check the site now a days and I do see alot of spambots D: well hopefully the new new new fourms will go great!

also Youko is it ok if I use the WTFP Theme and your Phendrana Drifts - Guitar Cover remix for BMA(New name for MTCHW basicallly)?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
also Youko is it ok if I use the WTFP Theme and your Phendrana Drifts - Guitar Cover remix for BMA(New name for MTCHW basicallly)?
Go for it.

Random points:

- I need mailtime questions ASAP for the next podcast episode.

- I also need to write a paper this weekend. It's my final for my internet class. Thus, the topic is about podcasting (and, subsequently, SMYN).

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Mailtime question= Apparently, the Professor Layton twitter that had hinted at a new Smash Bros game wasn't being run by Nintendo of America. Despite this, do you think that Professor Layton has a chance in the next Smash Bros?

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Mailtime Question: I don't know if this was asked before, but what game series would you like to see made into a movie? Which do you think would work the best?

Revven

FrankerZ
Here's a good mailtime question: Given the response from this news story involving Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and the possibility of a Nintendo vs. Capcom, how would you feel about such a game? That is, how would you feel as a Nintendo fan if Capcom were to actually make a 2D fighter like they do their other vs. games with Nintendo characters vs. Capcom's? Do you also think, given the response, that he was hinting at it? That they may actually look into it?

Also, how would you have felt if Phoenix Wright was in TvC? Do you think he can appear in the USA release?

Darkurai

Smash Master
I wanted to go back and grab the very first mailtime question that was ever asked on Show Me Your News and see if your opinions on it changed, but that ended up being about the new Havoc Engine in Brawl. :/

I'll think of something eventually.

Alanofawesome

Smash Rookie
Luckily, you can download ALL the existing episodes from the downloads section of the fansite.
I do understand that, Cyberlink, but last time I checked, almost all of the early episodes were down...

Also, I better DL and watch the new videos, I've just been listening to old audio episodes every night. Those were the days... SMYN is still awesome though.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
Also, how would you have felt if Phoenix Wright was in TvC? Do you think he can appear in the USA release?
I was going to ask that. :laugh:

umm... Mailtime Question: With all of the music games coming out the next few months (The Beatles: Rock Band, Guitar Hero V, Guitar Hero: Van Halen, DJ Hero, Band Hero, etc.), which ones do you think will be must-buys and which ones do think are skippable?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I was going to ask that. :laugh:

umm... Mailtime Question: With all of the music games coming out the next few months (The Beatles: Rock Band, Guitar Hero V, Guitar Hero: Van Halen, DJ Hero, Band Hero, etc.), which ones do you think will be must-buys and which ones do think are skippable?
And on a related note, do you think we're becoming sort of oversaturated with music video games, and do you think it's going to soon reach a point where most consumers are turned off by all these games coming out at once and stop buying them?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ And to add on to that, do you think the extreme amount of downloadable content songs with each of them (often entire albums; the GH series has a total of probably about 300, whereas Rock Band has probably at least 700-800) is helping or hurting the music game industry, & the sales of physical copies of each new music video game?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Okay, I think I've got something here for mailtime.

"If you think video games only need to be fun, you are a coward." A bold statement made recently saying that while games should be fun, the fun should not be the only purpose. Constantly making a bunch of video games that are solely about fun with no regard for story is similar to constantly making nothing but romantic comedies; sure, they're pretty good for a while, but they start to get stale and eventually you just want more. This needs to change. Agree, or disagree?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Agree.
Endless Ocean is beautiful, and not many consider it 'fun.' The 360 is essentially a DVD collection with a bunch of romantic comedies. . . . I mean FPS.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have a mailtime question.

If you could have a new feature put into the next Smash game, what would it be?
I'd put in the ability to have 6 players. 6-player FFAs and 3 vs. 3 would be amazing.
What do you think about 3 on 3s and 6 player FFAs?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The forum relaunch needs a commercial in the next podcast!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episode 3 is in the pre-production stages.

In order to give SamuraiPanda more adjustment time at medical school and while I'm still at home, SwordHunter will be my co-host. I am in the finalizing process of the script, so if you have any last-minute mailtime questions or commercials, get them in ASAP!

We're also going to start pushing the SMYN Forums a lot more now, since the new format shouldn't be as bot-ridden as before. Future contests and the like may be held there, so go register and go join the fun!

http://smyn.smashnexus.net/forum/portal.php

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Do you really think cost is a huge issue compared to the boatloads of money they could make by selling PS2 games over PSN?
Were you not around for all the PS2-compatibility issues? The PS3 sucked horribly at upscaling PS2 games. It often made them worse.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
True, but then again, you can't be that surprised. Compare playing N64 games on an original system against emulation or Virtual Console; the flaws become much more evident as a result.

Darkurai

Smash Master
True, but then again, you can't be that surprised. Compare playing N64 games on an original system against emulation or Virtual Console; the flaws become much more evident as a result.
Compare playing GameCube games on the Wii. No problems.

...of course, the Wii is really just GameCube 2.0.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
After diligent work in post-production, Episode 3 is finally out! Check links in the original post.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
SwordHunter is now playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Wii) on Stickam, as per the new "Live Feeds" section of the SMYN Forum.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I expected an answer like that. I just wanted something like that so I can practice the odd scenarios that some of Melee's 1-player modes put you in.

Take the final round of All-star mode for instance. The stage is always Flat Zone. There are 25 Mr. G&W's to KO and they come out 5 AT A TIME.
Example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzmMAJWYJMc#t=8m17s

You'd think that making you heavier makes it easy, but it doesn't. It's way too easy to get caught in multi-pummel and jab spam and CGs from these guys and end up with over 90% damage in less than 10 seconds.

I'm glad Brawl put an end to stuff like that, and I'm also glad that G&W is first AND alone.
Perfect time for revenge for breaking that 4 player rule. LOL

Top Bottom