• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
this is great, i was listening to some old podcasts to get ready and came up with an idea. How about highlighting like one community written thing each week, whether it be a review like in that one episode or even something like a brawl viewpoint but about any game. Just a suggestion if you're taking them

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We're recording Episode 50 tonight at around 7:30 PM Eastern. We should be on Stickam, hopefully it will work well.

Anyway, guests will be Cyberlink420 and SwordHunter. Topics of discussion will be our experiences at Youmacon 2009, as well as Modern Warfare 2, Spirit Tracks, Guitar Hero controversies, and more!

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Sigh, I'm working the phones at my internship so putting in headphones would look wicked unprofessional. I'll just have to listen when the episode comes out for download.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hmm, don't know if it's just using the wrong links, but a friend's trying to download some episodes, but all the download links from here redirect to the first post of here.

Glad to see SMYN make a return Youko :D

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I need to audit those badly. Several people have had problems, and I'm not sure why.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
New episode will be up in the next couple days due to the hellacious editing it's taking to make this listenable.

I kinda have this thing called school going on, so bear with me please.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Great episode for your first time back. I can't believe I missed the CSI Miami jokes during the live stream. I LOVE THE WHO! They're the best band ever. Also, I might go to Youmacon either next year or the year after so if you are going to make a Show Me Your News panel, I'll make sure to show up for it.

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meet the new podcast! Same as the old podcast!

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Just listened to the first half of the episode on the way to my internship today. It feels so good to be listening to this podcast again. The episode has been great so far and I'm assuming that it will continue to be for the remainder of it. While I enjoyed the video podcasts, they just weren't the same. I'm looking forward to what the future holds.

On a SMYN related note... I was wondering if anyone could tell me/remembers which episode it was that Gimpyfish was on and he talked about how much he loves scrolling plane shooters. I've been re-visiting some of my favorites, but there is one that I played a LONG time ago when I was on vacation and I cannot remember the name of it to save my life. I just wanted to listen to that section again to see if he mentions it. Thanks.

Once again Youko, keep up the good work.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
That was the mailtime question where someone (I think it was Cyberlink) asked for ideas on an arcade machine he was making. I'm pretty sure it's episode 36.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Going on an hour drive today so this'll be great to not be bored on the drive :D

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
They said on the podcast that he's busy with medical school right now. In any case, when can we expect the next episode? Will it be weekly? Bi-weekly? Monthly? Bi-monthly? Yearly? Bi-yearly? Or whenever possible?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
MajorMoses' question can be answered, with a lot more awesomeness, in the first "Show Me Your News Tidbit," seen here:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZ97nFFDLTM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZ97nFFDLTM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I suppose it is a week for SMYN. So SwordHunter and I will probably record tonight...haven't gotten back in that groove of asking guests ahead of time.

So we'll start Episode 51 at 7:30 PM Eastern tonight (Friday) on Stickam unless things change.

Got any topics?

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Some possible topics for discussion:

Black Friday
PS3 to fully support 3D
Legend of Zelda at E3
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Why so many awesome games are coming out after X-mas

Looking forward to the podcast.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
PS3 to fully support 3D? What does it support right now?? XD

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Ah, maybe I should have been more specific.

3D meaning "images on the screen flying at you gimmick that was popular in the 80's but has recently had a resurgence."

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Oh no... that kind of 3D.

You said it right. This is one of those technologies that failed to catch on for good reason.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer having hack and slash beat-em up stuff in between all the classic puzzle solving and exploring. It'd work well with the motion plus. But if they need some kinda gimmick... Make him jump on top of enemies, give him a spaceship, make him run fast, put in real stealth elements, give him the ability to take powers, give him an army of plants, give him a car, give him nipple spikes, give him a robotic dog, give him a chaingrab, make him a doctor, give him a cape, make him 2D, let him wavedash, give him an alternate form with boobs, or give him a level cap of 9999. Or we could just give him flight.

Top Bottom