• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

crewster

Smash Lord
How about this:
Mother and Earthbound Suck!
I can see more people joining the crewster hate club
and yes negi I'l stop.
Negi, why so serious?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
*sigh* Are you people TRYING to start something?

Besides, even if you don't like the game, you gotta respect all the hard work that went into translating this, especially considering that it's just a group of fans translating an ENTIRE RPG. That's pretty freaking amazing no matter how you look at it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
No, because that is off-topic, already posted by you, and isn't relevant to anything in the slightest in this topic.

...Plus the video goes on for FAR too long and loses its charm about two minutes in, but that's beside the point.

Look for a thread on the next episode of SMYN/new podcast format in General Brawl in a couple days' time. The air time will likely be the evening of Sunday, November 2nd.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Yeah, but generally, if you repeatedly make statements that "*insert game here* SU><0RZ!1!!!11!", you're going to rub people the wrong way. At the very least, stick the oh-so-infamous "IMO" disclaimer at the end so people can't debate you. After all, opinions can't be wrong unless they blatantly contradict established fact. (i.e. Just because you say that it's your opinion the sky is green doesn't make you right.)

crewster

Smash Lord
The air time will likely be the evening of Sunday, November 2nd.
*sigh*That means that I can't be on the live stream, Yet again. *sigh*
Also: I say all my mother hate having not played the game. Thats why I don't like it!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Yeah, but generally, if you repeatedly make statements that "*insert game here* SU><0RZ!1!!!11!", you're going to rub people the wrong way. At the very least, stick the oh-so-infamous "IMO" disclaimer at the end so people can't debate you. After all, opinions can't be wrong unless they blatantly contradict established fact. (i.e. Just because you say that it's your opinion the sky is green doesn't make you right.)
You lost me with the "repeatedly" part. I said Mother 3 and Earthbound suck. My short phrases received paragraph responses from several people. Frankly, I'm laughing hysterically right now.

And yes, opinions can be wrong. Obviously, they're relatively safe when referring to one's personal preference in regards to a game, movie, flavor of ice cream, etc. However, saying "the sky is orange, in my opinion" gives it no validity; the sky is still blue regardless of anyone's opinion. I'm not directing this at you, Cyber, but I hate that soooo much when debating about competitive smash. I lay down cold hard facts; opponents lay down theories and made up conjectures; I throw them down on every single point; they respond with, "It's just my opinion! You can't call it wrong!"

SMYN on Nov 2! w00t! I suppose I should finish the SMYN site. ^_^;;

Puffs

Smash Ace
"Warning: Challenger Approaching" could work as a name.

Has anyone suggested "Super Smash Pros?"

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
"Warning: Challenger Approaching" could work as a name.

Has anyone suggested "Super Smash Pros?"
WCA is piffman2's old flash project name so I don't think that will work.

And I don't think SSP has been suggested. And I personally love the name.

Ramboknife

Smash Cadet
Puffs and I were having a brain storm sesh about the new podcast name, and it looks like he didn't post it here yet, so

"Super Smash Pros"

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Since the SMYN site went down as I was posting this... Here are some names:

Brawl Kingdom, I dunno.

Finding one both Youko and SamuraiPanda enjoy is hard, and you never know which ones they are even considering.

Actually... You know, the long running name for the segment was Roundtable. It's been associated with SMYN for the longest time(Ep14, if I'm not mistaken), and always focused on Brawl, up until now, anyway. So why not make the name be Roundtable.

Yeah, my vote is on Roundtable. Simple, effective, and familiar.

Also, That picture is... so full of... epic... and win... and... Hey, is that girls hand touching Panda's sword?

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
The ladies are all up-ons, guys.

Wow... I was going to say that this was probably photoshopped, but looking at the shadows on the ground made me think again.

Now the REAL question is, how much did you pay those girls to make out with caricatures of yourselves? (And were the caricatures the only ones getting the action? *wink wink nudge nudge* :) )

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Correction: The girl on the right is making out with Youko, whereas the girl on the left is grabbing my katana.

Big difference.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
I really want SMYN 40 on my iPod. But the download on the thread won't work for me. I can only download it on my iPod if it's on iTunes. I know this is probably really annoying, the way I ramble on like this, but I REALLY want it on my iPod, so when will it be on iTunes? And why is it not on iTunes now?

Top Bottom