• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Puffs

Smash Ace
Too good. We need it to be something we can complain about. We are nerds on the internet, after all.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Wii Music is good, Suck it hardcore gamers

Yep, the usually Anti-Nintendo 1up gave Wii Music an A-, and praised it for being a deep and flexible game.
It is because they are anti-Nintendo that they are giving it good ratings :laugh:

A true Nintendo fan knows that this game is a travesty and is sending Nintendo in the completely wrong direction for the hardcore gamers. Seriously, all you do is wiggle the Wiimote. HOW IS THIS A GOOD GAME?

But then again, it's gonna print money. So there's no stopping them.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
The name should be either Show Me Your Brawl, The Dojo V.2, or Wacky Podcast Racing.

Woah! Just had the sudden idea of making it Subspace Emissary. No seriously. The podcast is literally bringing Brawl information from the depths of Subspace. Or maybe it should be called Subspace News... Or maybe Subcast...

Now that I think of it, this idea is almost too good to even use. :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Brawl on Stickam in preparation for the first PANDAFEST tonight at 7 PM (EST), again, on Stickam.

Then I'm going home for an extended weekend, so don't expect much stuff on my end. But, we should be announcing details for the new format of the podcast soon - probably expect SMYN ep.41/______ ep.1 on the 26th at night.

Deception

Smash Ace
It is because they are anti-Nintendo that they are giving it good ratings :laugh:

A true Nintendo fan knows that this game is a travesty and is sending Nintendo in the completely wrong direction for the hardcore gamers. Seriously, all you do is wiggle the Wiimote. HOW IS THIS A GOOD GAME?

But then again, it's gonna print money. So there's no stopping them.
You can't judge a game without playing it. Your opinion means nothing.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
For once I agree with you, Deception.

When everyone was complaining about Brawl before it came out in America, they were *****ing about how [character] wasn't in. Or how low the roster number is. Or how Rob is in and how stupid he is.

Youko on SMYN said:
Now, I'm going to be a little harsh here, but shut the hell up if you are complaining about about a game that you don't have.
/notexactquote

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
That picture was actually mentioned on the podcast. In the same ep IIRC.

SonicLucario said:
Well if it's a debate show, what about Show Me Your Views?
Brawl debate... election debate...

Youko '08!

Panda for Vice prez.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
:laugh:

Wii Music is shaking your Wii controller to make music play. I don't know what other way to put it. There is no thinking or skill involved. AT. ALL. Sure, I'm judging it before I've played it, but there really isn't anything more to it than that.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you really can't prove me wrong. Will I not be shaking my Wii remote to make music when I play this game? Unfortunately, this is exactly what I will be doing, and nothing more.

*waits for Guitar Hero: World Tour, the clearly superior music video game*

Darkurai

Smash Master
OBJECTION! This clip contradicts that statement!
Are-Are they even choosing what notes they're playing? Or just the speed they're playing at?
...this is a terrible game. If anything, that game was going to appeal to me because I could just make music, which is something I like.

But...they're just flailing. What the hell is this supposed to be!? I'm not going to be surprised if this gets terrible ratings from every reviewer.

crewster

Smash Lord
Brawl on Stickam in preparation for the first PANDAFEST tonight at 7 PM (EST), again, on Stickam.

Then I'm going home for an extended weekend, so don't expect much stuff on my end. But, we should be announcing details for the new format of the podcast soon - probably expect SMYN ep.41/______ ep.1 on the 26th at night.
Hey youko can you make SMYN ep 40+_____ ep 1 near midday 4 you. if you can that would be great

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I might be tempted to pick up one of the many copies that will be lying in £5 bargain bins in about 6 months time. If only to play the Mute City theme on a saxophone.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
OK here's some ideas for the new podcast:

1. Real Men Play Video Games(after the famous Sakurai quote)
2. Drop Kicking Your 360
3. Youkownage Video Game Show
4. Graphics and Gameplay
5. Generation Youko
6. The Weekly Show: with Jon Stewart Youko and Panda
7. Youko and Panda: Masters of the Interwebs

Kind of mediocre, but I like em!

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Up Until Now... SMYN was monthly. Now it's biweekly. Therefore, it should be called Up Until Now.

Youko said:
inorite? That's totally logical... logic right there.
Or "It's No Use!"?

Seriously, I'm beat.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'll be the one against Show me your views. I think we can come up with a better name than a change in a couple letters from the original podcast, c'mon guys.

Both having the same basic name is just... bleh.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Still looking for a title. Its not a popularity contest, its just what Youko and I decide is good. And so far nothing is suitable :D

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll be the one against Show me your views. I think we can come up with a better name than a change in a couple letters from the original podcast, c'mon guys.

Both having the same basic name is just... bleh.
I haven't seen any that are very good (even that isn't great). Most of them are bad puns or similar to something a character says. I think we should think of something outside the box. I still support Show Me Your Views though ;)

Up Until Now SCREAMS episode title to me, not so much a title of a podcast.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Maybe instead of Up Until Now, just call it Lucas' Special Moves.

Top Bottom