• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yo closed a thread that was older than dirt... hahah trying to get quota or what.

Throw a shoutout to that CVA thread in the podcast.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=146845

Let me get this straight.

You come into this thread, insult my moderation duties when I was helping someone (the moron shouldn't have bumped your thread, I understand that), even though closing the thread still had to be done, and then you ask a FAVOR of me?

EDIT: Had to quote it and link the thread for the sake of my annoyance.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Let me get this straight.

You come into this thread, insult my moderation duties when I was helping someone (the moron shouldn't have bumped your thread, I understand that), even though closing the thread still had to be done, and then you ask a FAVOR of me?
In a nutshell yes, but you have to see it from my perspective.

I'm waking up, i figure "oh lets see whats going on, on the ol' SWF". So i hit that user CP, and bam giggapuff glitch locked.

Lol, i thought it was funny, and no i was not insulting your moderating skills, i dont care about the thread (forgot it was still open), i understand it had to be done, but the timing.

My sincere apologizes sir Youko.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Understood, I apologize too, I've just been a little edgy with having to deal with some of the forum problems in the General Brawl room...

Nobody with a life should ever make seven alternate accounts in one day with a changing IP address just to spam Richard Simmons pictures, let's just say that.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So here's the deal:

We mentioned in episode 40 how SMYN will split into two parts - the general gaming discussion format and the pro smash debate format.

Well, Panda and I just talked about what we want for this pro smash debate. Our goals and our aspirations, etc. And let's just say...they're big. Big things are hopefully coming for SMYN!

But here's where it gets tricky, we want this pro smash debate format to be part of SMYN...AND ALSO BRANCH OFF AND BE ITS OWN PODCAST! Can you think of why? Can you recall who recently bought Smashboards? Exactly. Basically, the two would exist as one - so, for example, SMYN Episode 41 AND __(name)___ Episode 1.

But for this to happen, we need a name!!

In this pro smash debate format, we will be debating the professional Brawl news that is most important for the month. I will be the moderator of the debate, SamuraiPanda will take a neutral position, and we will have two pro smashers each on the pro and the con side of the debate. Hopefully this will help you visualize the idea and thus make a better name.

Like Fawriel is known for coining "Show Me Your News," will you be known for coining this title? IT'S UP TO YOU!!

Revven

FrankerZ
Brawl Talk. Oh but then you'll need Gimpyfish.

j/k. :p

I'm usually really horrible at names but, I guess I could name a few that are on my mind.

1. The Smash Debate (kinda plain >_>)
2. Not really a name more like a thought, how about something that makes fun of the old joke of naming an Advance Technique after your username? I can't really think of something as a name for the podcast based off this idea though.
3. Smashing your Pros
4. A Smasher's [insert whatever SamuraiPanda called his "becoming pro" stories here]

That's all I got right now.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Hands Off My Podcast (with acronym HOMP)
PK Podcast
Randomastah
Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination
Victory Is My Destiny

Just a few suggestions

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Still sticking with "I Fight For my Guests".

Also, on an unrelated note, the Mother 3 translation patch will be finished within the next week or two, barring unforeseen circumstances that destroy everything. Might be something worth mentioning on the next news show.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Howsabout..

"Hotness! I wanna Debate you!"
"Brawl Around the World"
or..
"Brawl Around the States, I guess.."
"Youko and Panda's Happy Guest Podcast of Ultimate Epic-ness"
"Pro Me Your News!"

Edit:

"ヨウコとサムライ・パンダ。ばんざい ! "
"A Fated Symbiotic Relationship"
"Actually Good Smashers!!!"
"Judge Peter"
"Banana Hammock" (Because who doesn't love saying Banana Hammock?)
"Jump Over The Switch"
"All Your Brawl Are Belong To Us"
"Somebody Set Up Us the Brawl"
"Team Youko 2"
"The 2 Amigos"
"2 and a Half Smashers"

MOAR EDITZ:

"Smash Kings"
"McSmashers"
"Mystery Brawl Theatre 3000"
"13r4vvL"
"Know your Brawl"
"The Show Me Your News Spinoff Thingie"
"Smash: The Next Generation"
"SMYN: The Next Generation"
"You'll Get No Sympathy From Me!!"
"Thy Brawle"
"Smashapalooza: A Pro Perspective"
"Dirty Dash-Dancing"
"SMYN: Pro Edition"
"Competitiveness? THIS IS BRAWL!!"
"There's No Place Like Smash"
"Brawl! Brawl! Brawl, for the Pros!"

and....I'm done for now..I'll let you know if I come up with anything that's actually good.

Also, kudos to anybody who actually reads through the entire wall o' text! :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Smash and Survivor remarks on Stickam.

Give us more names that you would ACTUALLY CONSIDER FOR A PODCAST, please...not long, ridiculous puns that only sound silly...

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking along the lines of 'The Pro Brawl Emissary', though I'm not sure if that would be considered a pun or not. Also, unless the name's taken by another podcast 'Meteor Smash' has a ring to it.

Top Bottom