• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
"Why doesn't he have a Panda???" xD Best quote ever.

Episode 32 was awesome as well. When exactly can we expect the very first "All clocks" Match from Gimpyfish? :)

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
hey youko, happy belated b-day. anyway, it's too bad brawl was delayed. but as long as the game is as great as the japanese say it is then we'll be fine.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
What's with all the Ice climbers hate? Desyncing is back, their down throw to forward air chaingrab has been buffed and Nana is much smarter than before. She even tries to recover with her side b/up b.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good episode, loved the discussion again, all these videos seem to make every day seem longer until March 9 though...whatever, I'm sure we'll perservere.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Wow I've got a lot to say about this already, and I'm less than a half hour into it.

Panda - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5dwUl2rEQ
On Spear Pillar one Pokemon appears, Dialga's the most common, Palkia's a little rarer, some other Pokemon is even rarer, and Arceus is super rare. They have different effects. Arceus does a OHKO, Dialga does the hyper beam thing and slows down time, and Palkia (in the vid) mirrors the stage (and inputs) and flips it over.

Shadow is an AT, Knuckles is not. I know. It's just plain not fair.

Youko - Happy belated Bday.

EDIT: The sunset part in the intro video changes with every unlocked character. If you unlock every character, the whole roster appears watching the sunset. Also, Wario starts flashing red when "fart is go"

EDIT EDIT: Youko would make a good black woman. You can die from Volt Tackle, Super Dragon, etc, I've seen it happen. You may not wanna see the taunts, but god ZSS's are filled with smexy voiceness. Check out NinjaLink's Zelda videos. He mained her in Melee and is, quite honestly, the best Zelda I've seen in Brawl. His youtube name is mariorqs. I, myself, on my first match as Zelda in Brawl, was in a tourney and Star KO'd with Din's Fire. It's much easier to control, faster and stronger. Trust me. Snake cannot be damaged by his own Upsmash, thankfully. It's comborific.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The second song in the Famicom Medley is Excite Bike, actually. I'm almost positive Star Tropics is in there too.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Everyone thought the Ice Climbers sucked in Melee when the game first came out, I think we all know how that ended. And yes, I know Brawl isn't Melee, but the Ice Climbers look like they might be even better than before.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
A while back, I was intrigued by the Kuru Kuru Kururin trophy in Melee and decided to give it a try (that is, I got the ROM for the game :ohwell: )... It definitely looks like one of those Japanese games with cute little anime-ish animal characters... The helirin is a machine driven by the main character (some little penguin thing that kinda reminds me of Piplup with the Pikachu goggles or something like that)... He has to rescue his friends I guess...

Anyway, it's a top-down game in which you have to guide the helirin through the course in each level... You have to get around all the obstacles like narrow corridors and boulders/cannonballs/whatever they are... It's a really challenging game because the helirin, as it does in Brawl apparently, spins slowly at a constant rate... You can't change the rate at which it spins (as far as I know), but you can change the speed at which it moves... Hitting a wall or obstacle causes you to lose a heart... If you lose all three of your hearts in a course, you go back to the course selection screen... If I remember correctly, there are no lives or anything... I think I cleared a few worlds before I gave up... It gets really difficult really fast... :psycho:

On a side note, in the Enemies and Allies post on the Dojo, isn't he referring to Metaknight at the end? The ellipses at the end suggest that it is an intro to the video, and Metaknight does like to test the integrity of others through duels... I don't know for sure... The only things I know about SSE is what I've seen in the videos... The story is practically the only thing I'm trying to avoid spoilers for (aside from the little snippets on the Dojo of course)...

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode... Definitely needed a short one...

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
the future of SMYN...

well, if patches do in fact come out, that would be something to report on. you could turn it into a video podcast and put Brawls between Youko, Panda, and others from Roundtable. with Wi-fi, every week you could invite one or two people from smashboards and schedule a With Friends match and fight, then talk about the fight later.

just something I would definitly like to see.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
hehe, i went and spent an hour renaming all the songs as well, but i have an ipod shuffle so i don;t know what i'm listening to anyways... kindof pointless in retrospect.

(just love the new avy's)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Search "soundtrack" in General Brawl Discussion...you know, basic forum protocol...

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I love this podcast! keep up the good work! Though I can't wait untill brawl is released, I will be sad when (or if) smyn ends.
im down with what they said a while back.... that it could be a once a month type deal.... and a more of a nintendo podcast KNA MEEEN

hey im down for doing

JonBeBonanzas top game picks of the month....

im jus saying

okiyama

Smash Ace
Search "soundtrack" in General Brawl Discussion...you know, basic forum protocol...
lol, burn

I'm still chipping away at 32, I've started to drop everything and listen for a half hour rather than have it going in the backround for 6 hours when I don't really listen.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
You're not alone, Youko; I too spent several hours tagging my tracks. I just need the composers/arrangers for a few more songs, and I'll have the complete set from A to W!

And yes, I was bouncing in my chair at the revelation of Dedede's theme. I'm loving Mute City, the main theme from Metroid, and Shin Onigashima as well.

Also, since I know a few people were asking for it, here's an MP3 of my ringtone.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Being one of the people that asked, I find it awesome that you posted it! Thanks Cyberlink!

Also, I found it kinda amusing that yesterday on the podcast Panda was discussing the damage/knockback degeneration; and then today's update included that.

So...Ukemi being the new name for Teching?

I'm thinking that's from Viewtiful Joe..but they could've just used it as well.

Henshin a go-go, Baby!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Indeed, Ukemi was the name they used to refer to the technique in Viewtiful Joe, which only makes me even more angry that he's not playable.

*goes to make an angry rant elsewhere*

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
That's what I thought. I've just been playing lots of Viewtiful Joe (The good games, 1 and kinda 2), and that instantly came to mind once I read the name.

I wonder if people are going to be referring to the techniques by their Sakurai-given names, or by the names we've known for all this time.

Top Bottom