• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
I apologise if ive said this before, im not sure if i have deja vu or what. Anyways my opinon on podcast!

Thought it was great! I listened to it like EVERYWHERE, While watching Super Bowl, then put onto Ipod, listened walking home from College, then at home, than at work! (I work in a cinema as projectionist, sitting on arse for over hour = Amazing Job) So yeah was very interesting.

Learnt a lot of new things about the game, and I share the same feelings on the roster. Im kinda upset about Link atm, he seems a little nerfed (according to you and others) and because hes got no limelight I cant really tell how good he is!

I have a Question btw, On WIFI Random, does it HAVE to be TIME? Or can you have STOCK? If its just time im pretty dissapointed. Obviously ill still love it, just could be that little better.

Thanks guys, lot of respect and love.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Friend matches are fully customizable, but With Anyone is two-minutes only, and I think with all items on.

The point is, Nintendo wants a way for people to match up quickly so that all degrees of play skill can play together. The only disappointing thing about that though is that so far it only seems to be free-for-all, unless some people don't join when time is up in the waiting room.

But if you want customizable matches, that's what the forum and friend codes are for!

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
Has everyone one seen the brawl gameplay 65 i tihnk it was by bdcool187 it has a really good FS compalation because it shows them all in battle not just idle people so it shows a more realistic view of how the FS's work, like lucarios had a triple kill and jiggles's killed metaknight lucas's or ness's killed some too i dont know you were complaining about the FS vid not showwing off their true power

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
SP, Kirby isn't dead >>
He had the DS "Squeak Squad" game come out a little while ago and he's got a Wii game in development. No way is Kirby dieing. I do agree that Metroid deserved more characters, I just wanted to point that out.

So yeah, very nice job covering everything in this one. I hope to hear more podcasts. Need SOMETHING to listen too until Brawl comes out D:

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Excellent podcast. I can finally comment on the discussion since I got the whole thing down other than stages. I've already ruined the characters, I'd like to keep some of the stages under the hat for a little while until March.

It is disappointing that we got most of the features we wanted, Wifi and such, but all of the features seem to be watered down. Sometimes I feel like Sakurai doesn't know how people play his own game, hence the Time match only in Anyone wifi. Sure, it gives anyone the ability to play no matter skill level but as you guys said in the last episode.. "Who the hell plays time?"

I love the roster now. I hated it when it first came around because of the Triple-Landmaster, R.O.B. being there for a WTF character, barely any newcomers we didn't know about not being revealed. I forget who said it, but I agree that they should've given us veterns before newcomers. Sadly, I think it goes along with Sakurai's policy of getting anyone and everyone into this game. Without the pull of newcomers before the game comes out maybe they were worried people would consider it only to be Melee 2.0. and not bother with it (which is a stupid mindset when I think about it). Sometimes I wonder what Sakurai was thinking but I'm sure we all wonder that most of the time.

I don't feel let down, it just isn't the route I expected him to take with the roster. Unlike most people, or what they claim anyway, it isn't going to ruin my Brawl experience one bit.

On the note of Snake... is he really that slow? Again, it slips me who made the comment of Snake being so unusually slow. Most of the videos I've seen, he's been on par with his opponents. One that comes to mind is a one versus one Lucario against Snake. If I had the link, I'd throw it up. I don't think Snake is slow. Just somewhat indirect and much different to characters in Smash that we're used to.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I wish someone would stream the newest one, I keep getting error messages on my Media player when I download T__T.

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Friend matches are fully customizable, but With Anyone is two-minutes only, and I think with all items on.

The point is, Nintendo wants a way for people to match up quickly so that all degrees of play skill can play together. The only disappointing thing about that though is that so far it only seems to be free-for-all, unless some people don't join when time is up in the waiting room.

But if you want customizable matches, that's what the forum and friend codes are for!
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah its a little dissapointing but thankfully like you say theres the friend codes and a magical thing called the Int-er-net! Might be a little annoying entering those codes but i guess its worth it to fight competitive opponents :)

I guess ill be using Free-For-All when im trying to learn how to use a new character agaisnt human opponents, but hoping they arn't too nooby or competitive :p

okiyama

Smash Ace
1. made of epicness
2. are they different at all
3. this should totally be made into a commercial
His taunting arm is blue in one and the color of the suit in the other.

I've had this idea since I started listening to SMYN but Finals and lazyness held me back till one night I just gave up and decided I would finish it no matter what.

I think I like number one better, it just blends more naturally.

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
His taunting arm is blue in one and the color of the suit in the other.

I've had this idea since I started listening to SMYN but Finals and lazyness held me back till one night I just gave up and decided I would finish it no matter what.

I think I like number one better, it just blends more naturally.
Agreed. This is truly epic.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Neither. It's run through Cafepress, so they technically make whatever.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Very cool! Never thought Falcon would run the news desk, so pretty funny. :)

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I actually missed the past couple of episodes, but I just finished listening to the latest 4 hour monster one. Very good, you guys covered just about everything.

I'm happy with the roster. The only thing I can say I really don't like about it is Jigglypuff, but I've never liked Jiggly and taking her out at this point is like telling Nintendo to stop making Mario games. :laugh:

Part of me wanted Raichu to be playable, surprisingly enough. I remember I was hoping so bad for him to be in Melee, and all I got was a lousy mention in the Pikachu trophy. I don't play Pokemon any more, but it would have just added to the nostalgia for me if Raichu was in. The sad part of it is I know he won't get as much as a sticker.

Oh well, least I have Sonic with my Green Hill Zone (semi-called it, I claimed it should be scrolling in my viewpoint, but then again who DIDN'T call Green Hill :p). Now THAT brings back childhood memories.

ADDED: Also, I claimed Shadow should be an Assist Trophy if anything. Now I don't know if I'm sad or not that Knuckles is just a cameo...

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Just wanted to say thanks to Youko, SamuraiPanda and all the guest speakers for SMYN and it's awesomeness. I enjoy listening to these episodes every week and look forward to them every week.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
"It's just sad to see the extent that people will go to" as a remark against the people trashing the roster does not belong in a FOUR HOUR PODCAST dedicated to the over obsession about the game itself.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Just finished 31(had to do it in a 2nd session due to sleep deprivation, but I woulda done it in one if there were more hours in the day) and I got

yet another mention! I'm coming for you Gimpy with most consectutive mentions on SMYN lol.

Thanks a lot for the mentions Youko I hope you put up the videocast next week so you can credit me with filming so I can keep my steak going. Oh and sorry for not really meeting you at the last UMB samurai but you guys were out of there so fast I didn't have time ;)

But yeah it's really cool just to hear my name on air. Being a fan and just hearing me in there is flattering.
And perhaps saying my name on the same breathe as Anthers was a bad choice, he's a billion times more **** than me at smash.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Great podbasy, I kinda feel the same way about the roster...at first I was disapointed by the size, and the "clones" but after watching the videos, the only real clone looks to be Toon Link (kinda), Wolf bearly resembles Fox except for the landmaster, and the others have very slight similarities, mostly just the B moves, but even those are changed.

I agree, if the dojo only announced the veterans, and we woke up that morning of the leak and saw Snake, Sonic, PT, Diddy, Dedede, Metaknight, Pit, Lucas, Lucario, Olimar, R.O.B., Wario, and Wolf, we'd be blown away.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i have to say, the music sample that blew me away was that old sonic racers track, i think they played it on the chaos emerald stage. that was my first video game. ever. i was playing random music samples, this came up, and i almost died. it was U07.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I like the Flatzone 2 Game and watch remix song. It's so awesome how they had so little to work with(varying beeps that G&W makes) and turned it into a song.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I love the roster. Even though people are claiming their are clones, there really isn't any clones since each one plays different, strategy wise. And the animations are different from what people think are '" clone" moves. Can't wait for next week.

Hey Youko, if your reading this, can you tell Panda to talk about this video during the next podcast. I know its worth about 10 to 20 minutes of your time on this weekend's podcast. Its got the Star Fox team and the Star Wolf team doing that gimmick from Melee but its so much dialogue this time around. Thanks and appreciated. I came here to ask this since its an idea to talk about on the podcast, and more or less a translation for Panda. Good luck and hope you do incorporate it.

Here is the url for the SSBB Secret Star Fox gimmick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrCRrxbEnE

Also, can you talk more about the assists. I do care what comes out of those items and its cool to find out what you think are coming out of them besides the ones already mentioned on the Dojo and in youtube videos. So yeah, can't wait for this weekend.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
Great episode. length is good, it gets me through the majority of the week, listening to you three explain, rant, bash, and other verbs.

who was the person with the snake kodacs and are they in english(doubt it)

now i suppose the episodes will be short, since there wont be of much use to talk about the Dojo in great detail after this last podcast.

Top Bottom