• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Finally! *downloads 64 version and waits*

Edit: Wow, this episode is OVER 9000!!! ... seconds.

Mega Inkydog

Smash Journeyman
I actually ended up listening anyway I actaully loved it! barely any complaining whatsoever. Great jobs guys.

And I've seen the match where Pit had the match won and he KO'd Metaknight, not Link, unless you are talking about a identical match were Link was involved instead.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Make sure you guys check out the News section of the first post for a link to the SHOW ME YOUR NEWS SHOP!

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda surprised no one picked "Tap right here" from the Brawl update. Hmm.

I, like so many, have to re-download. Fortunately, it's not that tedious. Yay mirrors.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
The Podcast is really great =) Im only at 1:55 and it's really funny =)

But you forgot something. You talk about the vid, where the one Player got killed by a Bombe in Sudden Death, after he send his enemy flying and then there was some Item Bashing. But did you know that after some time in Sudden Death (not in the Sudden Death Mode), Bombs falling everywhere on the stage! The Bombe wasn't random and no item.

I thniks some people do not this, beauce they dont play time =)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I stayed up way late listening to this podcast. Ended up getting three hours of sleep, since once I started I had to listen 'til the end.

It was way worth it.

Cless

Smash Champion
The Podcast is really great =) Im only at 1:55 and it's really funny =)

But you forgot something. You talk about the vid, where the one Player got killed by a Bombe in Sudden Death, after he send his enemy flying and then there was some Item Bashing. But did you know that after some time in Sudden Death (not in the Sudden Death Mode), Bombs falling everywhere on the stage! The Bombe wasn't random and no item.

I thniks some people do not this, beauce they dont play time =)
The bombs are random. That's why they don't use sudden death in tournaments.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
Awesome episode. My computer had to be gay and download about 1 hour of the episode at a time, then stop, so I had to download it about 4 or 5 times (took FOREVER) But it was awesome. TIRPLE EASTER EGG FOR THE WIN!

I had to split it up so I could sleep. If my computer hadn't been gay I would have been able to listen to the whole thing, but I had to stop around the 3 hour point.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
also in the last easter egg that u guys have u guys speak of wi-fi wars and was like wat is that? lol

is it somthin on youtube? because i searched on the boards and didnt find anything. i actually got referred back to this thread

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wifiwars.com

Definitely has some great stuff there.

If you remember when M3D and Scav were on the show, this is the project they've been working on.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Wifiwars.com

Definitely has some great stuff there.

If you remember when M3D and Scav were on the show, this is the project they've been working on.
I concur, it's a great website. There are loads of impressions form a pro Smasher and videos too.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
How dare you chastise us. How DARE you chastise us, when every week...every freakin' week you guys complain about what you don't like in the game. In fact, in the same breath you guys said "This roster isn't bad" and then said "here is where they messed up with the roster"...

Stop being so hypocritical to people who are pointing out what they perceive to be flaws in the game WHEN YOU DO THE EXACT SAME THING. Think before you speak. And practice what you preach.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
(this has probably already been answered, but...) how come the episode ended on itunes in the middle of roundtable, mid sentence? and how do i fix it?

Cless

Smash Champion
How dare you chastise us. How DARE you chastise us, when every week...every freakin' week you guys complain about what you don't like in the game. In fact, in the same breath you guys said "This roster isn't bad" and then said "here is where they messed up with the roster"...

Stop being so hypocritical to people who are pointing out what they perceive to be flaws in the game WHEN YOU DO THE EXACT SAME THING. Think before you speak. And practice what you preach.
Just because something isn't bad doesn't mean that it doesn't have flaws. That's not being hypocritical at all.

Anyway, soooooo much random music in this game. It's ridiculous.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Didn't know taking all perspectives into consideration is thought of as hypocritical.

*shrug* Who knew.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
my mom is getting into the Brawl! she loves the wii and donkey kong arcade involvment. it's sorta silly, but i'm gonna turn her into a full fledged smasher!

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
YA RLY!

Man, the Internets needs to get over the whole 'owl' thing. It should move on to more Captain Falcon -orientated funnies. I love them, like the one where it goes:

"Jesus could walk on water, but Captain Falcon can swim through land!"

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
am I the only one who remembers this?

'It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason.'

why was meta knight stalled? they never gave an answer to that one. i guess they gave us a few helpings of his special moves to make up for it... *listens to poscast*

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
SP: I asked my Japanese teacher (who has lived in Japan for about 15 years) what "ima made" means, and she said "So far." I'm just sayin'.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
SP: I asked my Japanese teacher (who has lived in Japan for about 15 years) what "ima made" means, and she said "So far." I'm just sayin'.
Thats her "personal" translation. You can translate things in Japanese to various things in English if you feel like it, but the way I translate for the Smash community is taking the most literal translation possible so there is no room for translation error (which is why many of my translations sound funny, cause I don't try to make them flow perfectly in English by changing the translation). The most literal translation possible for "ima made" is until now. Ima means now. Made means until, up to, etc. "So far" is a translation you could make if you aren't being 100% literal, but "until now" is the most accurate translation.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Excellent podcast, guys. Definitely the best one yet, despite it's incredible length.

Just... try to keep the next one down to about an hour or two, okay? I love listening to what you guys have to say, but a guy's gotta get some sleep eventually :p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Toon link is not a complete clone i guess :

- no gale boomerang

- his down a is like sonics foot stomp

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Thats her "personal" translation. You can translate things in Japanese to various things in English if you feel like it, but the way I translate for the Smash community is taking the most literal translation possible so there is no room for translation error (which is why many of my translations sound funny, cause I don't try to make them flow perfectly in English by changing the translation). The most literal translation possible for "ima made" is until now. Ima means now. Made means until, up to, etc. "So far" is a translation you could make if you aren't being 100% literal, but "until now" is the most accurate translation.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Top Bottom