• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Yaya

Smash Champion
Do you mean the most comical moments of SMYN?

Or do you mean memorable stuff (Like the first Roundtable.)

Del Money

Smash Champion
No offense, but this seems like a contest in which they'll be only a couple of contestants. I guess that should make the decision process quicker. Anyways, I do look forward to seeing these.

And as for the spoilers, you could just make an episode be all about SSE spoilers and nothing else since those are really the only spoilers that some people want kept under wraps.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Do you mean the most comical moments of SMYN?

Or do you mean memorable stuff (Like the first Roundtable.)

Whatever defines the top ten to you, I guess!

The point of this contest is out of the many emails and PMs I get wondering "how can I get on the show" from those who are new to the boards, or anyone really, this is something to "prove your fandom," more or less. Those who want to be on the show will most likely put forth the effort to try, I'd imagine. And if not, their loss.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...iMovie?

Consider me naive with Macs, but I thought they were supposed to be better at media creation than Windows.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
So it's a "Talk-the-talk-now-walk-the-walk" kind of thing, eh, Youko? Sounds pretty good to me.

I've already picked out five moments, but I'm having trouble picking the other five without straying into territory that could get me banned from YouTube. **** your constant innuendos, Panda!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So it's a "Talk-the-talk-now-walk-the-walk" kind of thing, eh, Youko? Sounds pretty good to me.

I've already picked out five moments, but I'm having trouble picking the other five without straying into territory that could get me banned from YouTube. **** your constant innuendos, Panda!
What do you expect? I am a Panda after all.

And I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this contest. Seems like it'll be fun.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Expeact an entry from me, I'll be listening for the next few days looking for great moments then make the video the last few days.

I just wanna be a guest host badly :(

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe none of you have played Pikmin before. It's awesome!

BTW. The leaf/bud/flower on their head corrisponds to their speed and strength in the game. In Pikmin, if you wait a while before you pluck them, it will go from leaf to bud to flower. but it does take quite a while. Theres also a way by getting this pollen or sap or whatever tehfudge it is and turn them to flowers.

I think that olimar's FS is definately going to be this thing where he sprays his nearby pikmin and they get superchared. Ridiculously fast and powerful, and where their leafs were are brightly glowing orbs

adam350z

Smash Cadet
Man I've been playing Pikmin 2 for a few days now, and I can't wait to kill a kirby with pikmin, or a bowser.

Oh, and I have a question for Youko, or SP: How do you do the podcasts, meaning what program? I have a Mac with a built in audio and video,so how well would that work for the podcast if I won the contest, I can make the Youtube video,but will a Mac work with the podcast?

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
...iMovie?

Consider me naive with Macs, but I thought they were supposed to be better at media creation than Windows.
Yes, you guessed it, iMovie. I do prefer macs over windows.............................

eh i'll make one but i doubt i'll win, though i really badly want to!

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
Olimar's FS is called End of Day. Wonder what that'll do.
please let me say sorry for double posting... but.

in the game you had to get back to the ship by the end of the day or you would be eaten by the creatures that come out at night. all your absent pikmin would die too.

wonder what it could be....

Cless

Smash Champion
please let me say sorry for double posting... but.

in the game you had to get back to the ship by the end of the day or you would be eaten by the creatures that come out at night. all your absent pikmin would die too.

wonder what it could be....
Yeah, I know that, but another army FS would be kinda weak. I don't see what else Olimar could do though since he basically fights by relying on an army.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Argh why did you guys do this to me?! xD

if it had been anything other than youtube I would have been in there like a shot.

I don't know how to do youtube videos, only flash, gif and rudimentary sound editing.

Oh well... I'll see if I can find something to do an entry with.

Also OMG SHADOW FOR BRAWL ~goes and makes a thread~ j/k

I want Shadow in brawl =(

(I know it won't happen but I can dream)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Not talking about the delay in the spectrum of this week is like not talking about the characters in the spectrum of the entire game.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
More like didn't want to see it.

And I'm sure Flash would be acceptable for the contest too, although the final say is Youko's.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
well, even though this came out first, my likeness toward the smash dash is nice, but if there is anything i can do to help here, i'd like that. I want to make my place here. but, who wants a 14 year old who hasn't got his new voice yet? seriously :laugh: yeah. it's hard listening to your podcasts, they're so long. but, i'll eventually catch up :laugh: but, every sunday morning-evening (igotoChurch) i'll be listening.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
More like didn't want to see it.

And I'm sure Flash would be acceptable for the contest too, although the final say is Youko's.
we all didn't want to see this.
Mark my words, eventually the dojo will have a notice that brawl has been canceled
'till they can efficiently produce it and get an on-time update.:(
edit:internet being crappy, im being noob. ignore triple post

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sure, flash is fine, I guess. Usually you just see "Top Ten" videos on Youtube, so that was the initial intent.

626key

Smash Journeyman
I'm having bad luck at predicting, I thought sakuri was too humble to use more than 2 of his creations, I was wrong, I thought Olimar was too small to fight, I was wrong, I thought a certain alter ego wouldn't be in due to a lack off opearence in TP, one guess what I was. But good news to those star wolf fans

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Hey Youko, do you think it's possible for you to get an Interview from Ken before Brawl finally come out? It's a shame that the smashboard itself never got an audio interview from the SmashKing himself. I for one want hear what he has to say about Brawl.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, Screwattack is awesome. But not as awesome SMYN.

I'm really interested in what SP has to say about Sheik's boobs, after hearing that Phazon boob comment.
I never imagined someone on the Internet would honestly be curious about what I think about boobs. I guess there is a first for everything.

WarbL

Smash Rookie
ahhh.. to bad its finals week for me.

Thanks Youko and SP, I love seeing you guys reaching out to your viewers, two weeks in a row too. You now how to run a good show.

-Warbl

adam350z

Smash Cadet
Oh, I was going to comment on this way back when: When Sakurai says: Hero's always arrive late, isn't he just refering to the song, and how Totokeke starts singing at the end of the song, instead of throughtout?

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
I finally got to listen to this week's podcast. Great job guys. I liked all the discussion on the rosters, that was very interesting to listen to. And I had no idea you guys disliked King K Rool so much. I'm not a big fan of the entire series in general, but good to see I'm not the only one.

Thought Panda's rating for the week was a bit harsh, but at the same time, not surprising.

Make sure to either put it in the title or the description when you put it up on the itunes, but I want to know if there are spoilers this week. I have basically not looked at the boards all week, and I thought this episode was going to spill stuff, but thankfully it didn't.

So if you have spoilers, please say it outright. As much as I love the show... I have to stop listening if there are spoilers. At least until the game comes out, then I might go back and listen to them for kicks.

Keep up the good work as well.

Top Bottom