• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
just a note, i and most competitive players i know turn rumble off when they play, i cant play well with it on AT ALL, its a huge distraction from your technical game at a high level of play.

i love it on other games, but its really distracting when you try to do technical things.

also, i always say shrug out loud when i shrug.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I uploaded the whole thing, WaterTails, yours is the only complaint I've gotten. Try downloading the file instead of streaming it, perhaps?
nope...1:03:11 in, 24:46 left (listening on my iPod)

edit: just tried to redownload it... no luck :( still 1:28-ish

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
"Who doesn't want a big awesome purple dragon in Brawl? We already got a big awesome red dragon!

RDK had a lot of mic problems. It kept cutting out here and there and the end of it was all echoish.

Good podcast, as usual.

Frogla

Smash Ace
awesome episode and easter egg guys, but you know how much fate it was for you to go to SP dorm. if you hadnt the podcast would have stopped right there that night because Panda would have ran out and done his snow nasty nasty or it would have been rushed because Panda would want to be out there.

Good luck on finals guys, i know i need some luck too.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Ness, you made 2 Dreadful posts, as a back up prize to Gimpyfish's, You've won a trip to temp-ban land!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, I can feel the jealousy. And it amuses me.

I love how nobody took him seriously. Way to go.

RDK

Smash Hero
"Who doesn't want a big awesome purple dragon in Brawl? We already got a big awesome red dragon!

RDK had a lot of mic problems. It kept cutting out here and there and the end of it was all echoish.

Good podcast, as usual.
Yeah, I think it had something to do with the conversion codec I used, because when I pulled it straight out of the recording program, it sounded fine. But then the file was massive, seeing as how it was 17 minutes long, so I had to compress it.

Sorry about the quality; if I do another one, I'll make sure I preview it before sending it in. :(

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
I love how nobody took him seriously. Way to go.
Most people don't take trolls seriously.

Anyway, I've had that "problem" before. I'll listen to it on iTunes and when it gets to the end, it says 0:00 left, but the left side keeps going on. Weirdest thing, but it really doesn't matter that much.

PS: You guys aren't short and fat are you? I know you're not short at six feet...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
very nice. the podcasts always become funnier and longer, and it's always good.

nothing to complain about Roundtable, it was great. but i want to point something out...

look, Wario is doing his shoulder dash...in his regular form!

so yeah...great, excellent, marvelous, insert word that's synonomous to great!

RDK, you did great with your BV. good characters to go over and, well, good topic to go over in general

and that's all i got to say

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think it had something to do with the conversion codec I used, because when I pulled it straight out of the recording program, it sounded fine. But then the file was massive, seeing as how it was 17 minutes long, so I had to compress it.

Sorry about the quality; if I do another one, I'll make sure I preview it before sending it in. :(
Well at least it wasn't distorted to the point where you couldn't hear anything.

"These characters aren't in order do to importance. So at the top of the list, at least in my opinion, Ridley"

lol.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no mention of me this time that i heard *sigh* my streak is over

also

nobody mentioned bowser jr, and you guys talked about possible characters quite a bit.
*slap*

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Great Easter Egg this time, guys. Did you get many snow-frags?

I think doing the podcast in the same room was a very pleasant change, things seemed even more laid back and relaxed, though it's quite relaxed as it usually is. :-)

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
AHHH
you talked about voice!!!
although im pretty sure i wasnt the only one to request... anyways
a semi mail time question
"whats the future of smyn after brawl is released"

and i have no idea but i SENSE a realease DELAY!?!?!

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Another great episode guys. Its gonna feel weird without Youko around for two weeks, but I'm sure Panda will do a good job.

And *le gasp*, someone had a longer viewpoint than me? Or was mine not the longest in the first place? :laugh:

I'm trying to think up some good viewpoint subjects, but I wouldn't be able to record them this or the next week. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so it has to be a good subject to me. Also, someone should list all the previous viewpoint subjects on the first page to make it easier for Podcast contributer noobs. =P

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Aw man i was seriously thinking of sending you a brawl view point talking in the Microsoft Sam voice, you got to it first

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm trying to think up some good viewpoint subjects, but I wouldn't be able to record them this or the next week. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so it has to be a good subject to me. Also, someone should list all the previous viewpoint subjects on the first page to make it easier for Podcast contributer noobs. =P
I think it's in the Smashwiki somewhere. Try searching--it lists all of the episodes, and all of the BV topics.

Aw man i was seriously thinking of sending you a brawl view point talking in the Microsoft Sam voice, you got to it first
^ LMAO. I was hitting monotone pretty good, though.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
RDK, I like how you approached the subject objectively and tried not to let your opinions affect your decisions, just like I tried to do in my own character thread, and you brought up some points I wasn't able to.

Sorry about your friend Youko; no one deserves to die that early.

The snowball fight sounds like fun though; if I get into Michigan, I hope I end up at those dorms.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
OMG, that blog was sexy.

I really love the podcast of today. Really nice reaction and logic towards each of the updates. Despite it being long, it was good to listen to. Also, I think a "quote of the week" is a great idea. Too bad ya didn't start that idea before the 'real men use items' quote. lol

And I dunno about ya, but I thought it'd be...somewhat interesting if Walwigi was playable. Because of his range, he'd be like Ganondorf. But yeah, when you think about it, he is "Walwigi'. And way to pick on 'Starfish.' lol

Samuraipanda, you was godly for the first five seconds towards the response to the 'rumble' feature, but you phailed after saying you don't have one. Shame. =/

My most favorite part of the podcast would have to be RDK's brawl view point. That was ****ing epic. When I heard your logic about each characters chances, it made me think about their chances and increasing my faith on them

...except Ridley. >> (Don't KEEL ME!)

I know that Geno was mentioned once by Sakurai, but I didn't know it was more then once. If you could give me reference of where Sakurai mentioned him, that'd be kickass RDK. I also wanna see the old Brawl japanese website, if you know if it still works or not.

Also, Youko and Samuraipanda, I think ya working in the same room together may add a bit more of the silliness, which isn't a problem as long as you don't make the podcast so long with about most of it being silly. But I guess it couldn't be helped because of the decent update this week.

Keep it up guys! ^^

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I know that Geno was mentioned once by Sakurai, but I didn't know it was more then once. If you could give me reference of where Sakurai mentioned him, that'd be kickass RDK. I also wanna see the old Brawl japanese website, if you know if it still works or not.
If you ask for them in the Geno thread, an active poster there has them saved on his computer, but I forgot who it was. The only two I can remember is Geno's Forest Theme being included in brawl and how they should stick Geno in there as wishful thinking as long as they might have his music. Another was something that also included Mallow, but I can't rememebr.

Meh, well just go to the Geno thread and ask for them there and someone will paste them.

RDK

Smash Hero
Where do you guys go to school in Mich?
UMich? Where else? ;)

I really need to get together with you and Panda, Youko. It would be too easy to do a Roundtable.

...except Ridley. >> (Don't KEEL ME!)
MAY YOU BURN WITH THE INTENSITY OF A THOUSAND SONY FANBOYS!!!11!!! Lol, JK.

What makes you think Ridley doesn't have a good shot?

If you could give me reference of where Sakurai mentioned him, that'd be kickass
Well he was in Sakurai's journal, and I think there was one point where he stated that he was interested in Geno himself. It might have been in the same basket as when he said he didn't like popular characters, or something like that.

I'll see if I can dredge up the source.

In any case, I'm not a huge Geno fan, but it looks like he has a pretty firm hold on the Brawl roster at this point.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Ok do you recall the part of SMYN where you were talking about how people said luigi was an AT because wario is in, mario is in, waluigi is AT so Luigi is going to be an AT. Well the night before you said this we were trying to hella over speculate the dojo, to satire the people who make ******** things up[ like that, we totally said what if someone came to that conclusion, and we had the exact conversation that you said about waluigi, and how people might thing luigi is out if they over speculate! we were laughing hysterically when we heard you say that! great podcast this week!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
MAY YOU BURN WITH THE INTENSITY OF A THOUSAND SONY FANBOYS!!!11!!! Lol, JK.

What makes you think Ridley doesn't have a good shot?
Well, I'm not that much effective by your attack since I care for Sony nearly as much as Nintendo (but I would rather have major sex with Nintendo since they can 'last longer' then Sony. High five if anyone can get this joke XD)

lol well, I'll explain. Hopefully the Ridley fans will calm down towards me and not start a flame war >>

You see, Ridley is a badass, no doubt about that. Is he one of the most memorable and faved characters in the Metroid games? Hell yes. The thing is, the reason why I feel he might not be placed as a playable character has a few reasons. Mainly, is the fact of his size and forms he has.

At First, Ridley in the SNES games was only a few inches taller. But as the games evolved, so did his size and massness. As Proof, Bowser expanded in terms of size and massity, but only by a little bit. If I recall, the Metroid game for the Gamecube, he was not only bigger, but his wings expanded in a vertical sense. And as times went on, proving how much of a Jason family member he is, he comes back -again- in a somewhat bigger and badder form. I just feel that because of his size, he might not be much of a shoe in.

Another reason is because of who Ridley is. He's the type who seems like he fits better as a boss of somekind then a playable character (this is my opinon). I've always enjoyed fighting ridley.

My opionons and and info may not be really powerful, but it is mine.

Don't get me wrong, Ridley is a great character and could be playable. All I'm just saying is his chances may not be so big as you mentioned.

As for Geno and the others, I have higher hopes for them, especially Geno and Megaman.

Also, minor note about Mega Man. Whether they put in classic or X, the possibility of him having the ability to mimic the powers of the characters is...also slim to none. Reasons may be is because ALL Mega Man games (that I've heard and played) had mega man copy powers from robots. None of the opponents he faced are human or a ailen in anysense (less you count Legends). So....yeah. sorry to be a buzz kill ><;;

Well he was in Sakurai's journal, and I think there was one point where he stated that he was interested in Geno himself. It might have been in the same basket as when he said he didn't like popular characters, or something like that.

I'll see if I can dredge up the source.

In any case, I'm not a huge Geno fan, but it looks like he has a pretty firm hold on the Brawl roster at this point.

Can I see Sakurai's journal? Hopefully it's in a website so I can prove to a person I know.

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
nice podcast this week and happy holidays untill next year...
few things to add: maybe on the mario hitting the shy guy...mario might have hit the kart alrdy and hes flying away and picross has downloadable content on the ds :)man that would be the best eastewr egg ever toadette appearing instead of toad with peach....waluigi is a clone of the clone

Top Bottom