• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Review-ish time!
Wow, that's kinda my thing isn't it?

Anyways, this episode was alot of FUN. I loved how Poultry just popped in =P, and I thought it was hilarious how you could hear her laughing in the background. Good times.
I was impressed at how in-depth you guys went with the online updates. Good arguements were brought up that I haven't even thought of. I mean, the MSC team thing would be really cool for Brawl, and the secret character stuff IS alot like Mario Kart DS. Good comparisons. Also, the idea of a rivalry thing where you can add people just by playing them is genius.

Has anyone played Medal of Honor HEROES 2 for Wii? The online is built around EA. There's no friend codes. You just go into the server, click on the game, and jump in no matter how far along it is. What's the difference between this and any other wii games? I mean, there's even a chatroom feature! Omgz, I'm going to get cyber-*****. Give me a break.
The whole business about parents and online is just so much bull. It makes me so angry. And the wii-zapper now? Come on! You might as well suffocate your first-born with a pillow and kick him down the stairs....wow, I apologize.

But yeh, you guys analyzed so many sides to the online, it was just great.
I was also kind of angry with the badly designed pokemon models too. I mean, they look like the Polygon team from 64. Jeez. But since those screen shots were REALLY zoomed up, we probably won't notice (like one of you said), so it won't matter.

Tunnel Scene was garbage, but Smash Dash made me fall in love with it. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who noticed the clone Final Smash. And to think, people shunned my thread. It's time for a bump, boys. Omg and the Battle for The Smash Ball, wow, let's not go there.

Now about the conspiracy theoracy...wow. The only rebuttle I have to it is "but I don't want that to happen". It just makes so much sense, and I really can't see it NOT happening. It scares me. Good job Panda, you genius you.

Roundtable = 7.5/10 <3

Now the BV.
No offence, but the background music combined with your slow speech kind of scared me. Also, you didn't really propose any new ideas. I mean, it was all stuff my friends discussed once for like 3 minutes, and then it was old news. I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy it at all.

Wow, I wonder if people actually read my big schpiel...

Edit: Also, to the person wondering if SWF is sucking for anyone else, I raise my hand. It's so slow.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Yes it is slow.

McFox and Gideon are in a 99-stock slo-mo melee, so it's gonna be a while before things speed up.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
This was a great podcast. I ran extra long today just to listen to the whole thing, so that worked out well. I didn't get a chance to give my 2 cents on last week's pod cast, so I'm going to briefly say that last week was my least favorite show that I have listened to because S. Panda complained so much last week that it made most of the podcast dreary to listen to. I was afraid he was going to complain a ton this week as well, but he limited himself.

For a guy who yells at people on this board for complaining about the updates too much, you were way too excessive last week. Just keep that in mind.

This week was much better though. You guys were funny, the discussions were better, and the theoracry or whatever was interesting, but contradictive to a discussion you had earlier in the podcast.

Earlier in the podcast, Buzz mentioned how much different Melee was from the demo originally played months prior. You said it just goes to show how much things can change from the demo to the finish product.

Then the Theocracy claims that since the demo screen is the same as the dojo update, it's probably what the starting cast is going to be. I'm not saying your wrong, but... if they made major changes to the demo in the last game, isn't it POSSIBLE that they could for this game as well. I'm inclined to agree with Buzz that there will be around 15 or 16 characters to start.

Other than that, the awesomly awful Australian accent (say that 10x fast) was extremly funny.

The Brawl viewpoint was terrible... you really do need some good ones don't you? Man if I can find my microphone, maybe I'll do one. No offense to the guy that did it, but only was he monotone but I felt like we heard that stuff in a brawl point less than a month ago.

Keep up the good work, and I still say you should use the Capt. Falcon/Pokemon theme song to close the show from here on out. Sorry for the long rant.

Misaj

Smash Rookie
Haha...wow, Panda. A stickler for Pokimon but who cares when its Fills-amay?

Great job guys.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Just dropping in to say I'm listening to the podcast every week, and every week it's pretty awesome. Though I disagree with the conspiracy theoracy (mostly for reasons that I think have been stated). I actually think that we've been told only starter characters so far, and the roster we have now may very well be the final starting roster. (I may, vaguely, have stated my reasons for thinking this in a blog post at some point, but if need be SamuraiPanda and I can duel it out in a cage match or something to settle the issue.)

Also, it was neat to have the other SP pop in as a fourth voice, especially with the laughter in the background. Maybe for Christmas you should buy a laugh track or something.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thanks for the comment, Kirby King!! We'll definitely need to fit in the cheesiest laugh track possible one of these weeks, hahaha...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
*sigh* I've actually always thought that the starting roster could/probably is the characters they've already announced. Because I figured Sakurai would say something about the characters if you had to unlock them. My theory is just a possibility, not a fact. I apologize if I presented it as if I thought it was a fact, but I never actually wanted to give that impression.

I'm tired of the crap that closed minded people have posted in the thread related to this, too. I knew that people would disagree, but I guess I apparently forgot what it means to disagree with someone over the internet.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
If it makes you feel any better: I agreed with you. :)

Don't have time to go into why now and don;t know if I really need to but it does make sense.

Smash Ace
I'm tired of the crap that closed minded people have posted in the thread related to this, too. I knew that people would disagree, but I guess I apparently forgot what it means to disagree with someone over the internet.
It means not even reading what you posted and responding with random opinions labeled as facts, right? It's particularly fun when they aren't even relevant. Silly of you to forget that, SamuraiPanda :p

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
While I disagree with Friend Codes, I can honestly see why Nintendo uses them. Let's face it, some of those "soccer mom" types are...a little out there to say the least. I mean, if people were already screaming about the Wii Zapper claiming that Nintendo is putting guns in their children's hands, or even condemning Pictochat as a way for kids to communicate with pedophiles, then you can only imagine how they'll react to unrestricted online play.

It seems to me that it's not so much that Nintendo thinks everyone on the internet is a cyberpredator; it's more that they don't want to deal with the fanatical overprotective parents...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Just a random input from yours truly, if you were a fan of Pokemon Snap and haven't gotten it for Virtual Console yet, DO IT!

The fact that you can post pictures to the Wii Message Board and send it to your friends is amazing!!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Just a random input from yours truly, if you were a fan of Pokemon Snap and haven't gotten it for Virtual Console yet, DO IT!

The fact that you can post pictures to the Wii Message Board and send it to your friends is amazing!!
Oh snap! (for the 2nd time)

Is it really on Virtual Console now? Wowowowow.

I'll probably get it, if I can get my wifi back.

OH, and Youko, here's that Zero Punctuation thing:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...uation/2694-Zero-Punctuation-Assassin-s-Creed

And I just figured it out: Stewie from Family Guy.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Thanks for the comment, Kirby King!! We'll definitely need to fit in the cheesiest laugh track possible one of these weeks, hahaha...
what you should do is what they did on Family Guy. Have just one person made this really cheesy laugh track. i mean so cheesy, you can tell it's one person getting paid to do this (you don't have to pay them, but that's what it should sound like)

then when someone does a catch phrase (for SP, "badass" or something like that) have that one person clap while he's laughing.

it would just be for one episode cause it would get annoying, but it would be funny to start with. hell, i'll do it if you want me to

heh, already got it!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I still have the original cartridge, but I'll be downloading it as soon as my Wii gets back from the repair shop. Eight years later, the game is still a classic, and more than deserving of a "Wii-quel".

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
I don't remember the game much, I hope I can get my hands on it. On the Wii it would be a pain. . ALL thode pokemon. . .

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815

Oh. Thats cool. I'll get it once I get Wi-Fi and some wii points

Boofer

Smash Ace
*sigh* I've actually always thought that the starting roster could/probably is the characters they've already announced. Because I figured Sakurai would say something about the characters if you had to unlock them. My theory is just a possibility, not a fact. I apologize if I presented it as if I thought it was a fact, but I never actually wanted to give that impression.

Well, like you said, it's because people don't want to believe it. I'm sure the people on this board are incredibly stoked for this game, so it's only natural that they'll be a little uptight when you speculate something negative about it.

I must say that this theory has sparked my interest in the podcast. I'm going to listen to you guys from now on.

motherfan

Smash Journeyman
Great podcasts guys! You guys are pretty fun to listen to.
Oh, and I'm going to have to dissagree with the "conspiracy theoracy" because what if someone wanted to play though classic mode as Kirby first? I think he just didn't want to reveal the starting roster. Notice there are NO "?" slots and besides I want to play as Lucas in classic mode first anyways...

Cless

Smash Champion

I dunno, I have the original game. I don't like buying VC games I already own, which is most of them.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR

This might be directed toward my comments, and I wasn't trying to be close minded Panda. I just was playing the debater since in the podcast Buzz didn't do the greatest of jobs. Someone has to play Devi's Advocate, right? I didn't say you were flat out wrong, I'm was just citing other examples that might indicated that you COULD be wrong. That's all. How else do you confirm a theory but to test it, no? (If these comments were not directed toward me then ignore this, lol)

And here I thought you might comment on the fact I said you complained to much as a whole two podcasts ago. Guess not. Or I was so long winded no one read my post. Entirely possible.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This might be directed toward my comments, and I wasn't trying to be close minded Panda. I just was playing the debater since in the podcast Buzz didn't do the greatest of jobs. Someone has to play Devi's Advocate, right? I didn't say you were flat out wrong, I'm was just citing other examples that might indicated that you COULD be wrong. That's all. How else do you confirm a theory but to test it, no? (If these comments were not directed toward me then ignore this, lol)

And here I thought you might comment on the fact I said you complained to much as a whole two podcasts ago. Guess not. Or I was so long winded no one read my post. Entirely possible.
No, I appreciate the people who debate things intelligently. However, I do not appreciate people throwing in ad hominem arguments, not reading the post while thinking they already have the counter, and being general ***** about the whole ordeal.

And while Youko and I don't really respond to criticism, we actually follow it very closely and try to improve given what people say.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Buzz did a great job, he had a good influence on you and Youko, and Sugarpoultry dropping in and laughing in the background was another great addition.

I give the Roundtable a 9, not as good as when Gimpyfish was there, but it was still very good.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, Gimpyfish was my favorite so far. Mostly because of the massive amounts of sarcasm in the episode. I should get around to listening to the older podcasts though.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Just a random input from yours truly, if you were a fan of Pokemon Snap and haven't gotten it for Virtual Console yet, DO IT!!
Nahh. 1000 Wii Points for a not-so-good game that I still have for my N64?
Nahh.

Also, I've never used the Photo Channel yet. The Wii update had something to do with photos.
What's that all about?

Edit: Wow I'm off topic.

Smash Ace
Nahh. 1000 Wii Points for a not-so-good game that I still have for my N64?
Nahh.
You're missing the "if you were a fan of Pokemon Snap" part of his quote :)

I also wasn't exactly a fan of it. It was fun at first, but didn't keep me hooked, unlike the Mario Karts, SSBM (I never played SSB64), the LoZ's, and Tales of Symphonia. I probably won't pick it up, either.

I liked the guests recently: Gimpyfish, Mic, Buzz, Sugarpoultry, and Bli33ard were all very good. I hope that you get Bli33ard on the real show sometime, both him and Buzz gave very good trials.

Cless

Smash Champion
I was a fan of Pokemon Snap. I entered the Snap contest way back when and tied for first (with like a WHOLE bunch of other people), but I have the game on 64 and the best pictures I've ever taken are immortalized as stickers on my memory cards. Sharing pics I'm not going to be able to top isn't worth 10 dollars to me.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Gotta say Gimpyfish is my favorite episode as well, you had a wonderful group dynamic with him, and the oozing sarcasm helped that particular week o'doom be bearable.

Conspiracy Theoracy? My mind is completely open to the possibility of it being true Samurai Panda. I have to admit I've always labored under the conception that we're getting the staring roster on the Dojo and thats it (3rd parties aside). Not really much skin off my nose either way, I plan on unlocking all the characters ASAP, having a bit more to unlock than before actually sounds kinda fun.

Gotta say the rest of the episode was just as great and thought-provoking as the Theoracy, I really love the podcast and look forward to it every Sunday.

Oh, and good luck with the Finals, guys!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I liked the guests recently: Gimpyfish, Mic, Buzz, Sugarpoultry, and Bli33ard were all very good. I hope that you get Bli33ard on the real show sometime, both him and Buzz gave very good trials.
ouch...

piffman and I will probably not be happy about this...

what was wrong with us?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, i'm expecting everyone to hate the options update.

but i'm gonna say it here. i liked it! and if you want me to give my reasons, i'll be glad to!

there Youko, you can state someone who likes what everyone thinks is a crappy update!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Sakurai: "This is... Well, it’s sort of hard to explain using only static shots"

XD

Edit: Haden't heard the new Ice Climbers music, ****, thats a ****ing nice remake, sounds amazing!

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
I have failed thus far to thank you guys for making the podcast. I do so now. :)

Thank you Youko, SamuraiPanda and all other contributors for making an entertaining and informative podcast. :)

And for what it's worth, I like SMYN and SmashDash—I do not see them as opposing entities. XD

Smash Ace
Colbusman, can you please explain why you liked the options update? I also enjoyed it, but for the life of my I can't figure out why. It's not like there was much new information, and I didn't like what the main menu looked like.

Top Bottom