• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*insert sarcastic annoying laugh here* That's hilarious!
How many episodes do you need to do to remove all of that dead air?

We get it. You don't like Show Me Your News. It just isn't for everyone and takes an appreciation of logical discussion to fully enjoy.

However, that's no excuse for you to troll and spam this thread, as shown above. If you're looking for attention like that, it won't be tolerated that much, especially when you do something as unwise as troll in a moderator's thread.

You've been warned, continue and you will receive an infraction.

Cless

Smash Champion
For anyone who cares, Robotnik's name was always Eggman in Japan. Sega decided to reconcile the names and retconned his name so that Eggman is a derisive nickname that Sonic and crew use. So his name would be Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

And Panda, I still want to play you in JUS.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thaaaaat's because I definitely made a mistake and put 21 for this week. Hopefully it's been fixed now.

EDIT:
I just downloaded it on my iTunes after I fixed it and it has been fixed officially by iTunes' records. Maybe just try to Refresh and hopefully that'll fix the problem.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Buzz and Blizzard were both good. Really good! It's hard to decide.

But...

I vote for Buzz, I'm not sure why. I just liked his better. Maybe I'm not a fan of accents

Masterem243

Smash Lord
We get it. You don't like Show Me Your News. It just isn't for everyone and takes an appreciation of logical discussion to fully enjoy.

However, that's no excuse for you to troll and spam this thread, as shown above. If you're looking for attention like that, it won't be tolerated that much, especially when you do something as unwise as troll in a moderator's thread.

You've been warned, continue and you will receive an infraction.
I enjoy the podcast, don't get me wrong. But seriously, how many bits of dead air will you have until it's fixed? You do a good job working at the podcast, but it can be so much better.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I enjoy the podcast, don't get me wrong. But seriously, how many bits of dead air will you have until it's fixed? You do a good job working at the podcast, but it can be so much better.
I'm listening to the podcast right now and I have to say I kinda agree with you. There are a lot of awkward silences in this episode so far... though I'm guessing it has more to do with lack of real chemistry between Mic_128 and Youko and SP. When Gimpy was on there were virtually none of those simply because all 3 clicked and Gimpy had a lot to say.

Though Youko I'm sure there's something you could do to keep the discussion going when one of those pauses come up. Maybe there's a website out there with tips for talk show radio hosts where you could get some tips on that.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Thank you for agreeing with me. The discussion material is good, the jokes are ok, all you have to do is work on being a talk show host.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I can concur with the existence of awkward pauses. We unfortunately didn't get a lot of "bonding time," so to speak, with Mic like we did with Gimpy. We were all pressed for time, so yes, there could have been some improvement there. I'll take a look at "tips" when I have time to.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I can see a Mario Galaxy Mario stage like that Metriod stage Brinstar depth was it? Where there are no ledges just a rotation of running around. that can be a really good stage

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Just finished listening to it a while ago. Very nice! The addition of Mic was a very good thing, he added to the general coversation flawlessly and fluently, not to mention his friggin' schweet accent. =P

I was going to touch on the little silences part, but I don't think it needs to be mentioned anymore. Don't get me wrong, the podcast is great material, but every now and then it's just plain human nature to pay attention certain things that seems to go against the flow. Don't worry though, the podcast as a whole definitely makes such trivial matters disappear like nothing. =]

Ahhhh lordy.... I was laughing so hard though during mailtime.

"Captain Falcon would support beastiality"
"YES!"

That was just gold. xD

Edit: Almost forgot about the idea of a planet stage. lol, that kind of stage would just make my day. Seriously. The only technical way to kill would be up, because you could walk upsidedown and everything. Just imagine the combos! Land a big hit, wait for them to go through a quick orbit, and hit again! xD And also, I would just plain die of laughter if someone actually DID get permanently stuck in orbit. lol

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
That would bring nightmares to the wifi community.

"Hey Bli33ard! Disconnect! I'm stuck in orbit, man! Oh, stop teabagging my shadow with Falcon man, that's disgusting!"

And as for that hedgehog thing... OMGWTFBBQCAT. I've just never thought about it. AND, when you guys were mentioning different game modes and someone's viewpoint, it was yours truly's.

Bwahahaha!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
(laggy double posts FTL... Smashboards is crawling for me, right now)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Whoa, I was really loud and Samurai was really quiet in my trial.

*makes note to pull microphone away from face*

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
That would bring nightmares to the wifi community.

"Hey Bli33ard! Disconnect! I'm stuck in orbit, man! Oh, stop teabagging my shadow with Falcon man, that's disgusting!"

And as for that hedgehog thing... OMGWTFBBQCAT. I've just never thought about it. AND, when you guys were mentioning different game modes and someone's viewpoint, it was yours truly's.

Bwahahaha!
Yeah. It would be a nightmare for online. lol.

But I would think you can get out of orbit if you do an air attack or anything that would alter your momentum.

Buzz - I've seen double posts but never a mirror post. xD Blame the internet, right?

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, Disney would probably want something ridiculous, so I guess that idea is gone. Not to mention that I might cry if anything from Disney was in this game.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I've thought about, seen it, and would really like to distance it from memory, like so many things I see on the Internet.
*cough*2girls1cup.com*cough*

Awww man, that was disgusting.

This is my last post before I go to bed; so I'm prepared to expect nothing for 'today's' update. Seriously. I don't know what all the speculation is all about with December 3rd.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Hey Youko, if we get krystal tomorrow, You're going to say something about Plusle and Minun... and Bowser Jr.... and megaman.

Really, though, great podcast (as always)! Don't really have much critique for this week!

falco999

Smash Apprentice
what was the anime that was mentioned in the podcast? the one where the anime characters watch anime. i didn't catch the name

Cless

Smash Champion
what was the anime that was mentioned in the podcast? the one where the anime characters watch anime. i didn't catch the name
Genshiken, Dattebayo subs the second season. The series is licensed though. Well, the first season anyway.

Should've mentioned the yaoi episode Panda.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Thaaaaat's because I definitely made a mistake and put 21 for this week. Hopefully it's been fixed now.

EDIT:
I just downloaded it on my iTunes after I fixed it and it has been fixed officially by iTunes' records. Maybe just try to Refresh and hopefully that'll fix the problem.
yeah, i was confused when i saw that labeled as 21. but good. you changed it.

but anyway - great job this week youko, samuraipanda, and mic 128(never knew you were australian)
keep it up:):)

Magma

Smash Cadet
Youko, first off, I 'd just like to tell you, great job as always on the roundtable. Once again, it was an entertaining listen.

One thing I've always dreamed about since the very first roundtable is how cool it would be to make it on there with you guys, discussing the many facets of Brawl. And then I realized I'd never reach that goal if I didn't take some initiative--so here I am. I'd like to submit an entry for the roundtable trials.

Just because I'm pretty much unknown on Smashboards, though, doesn't mean that I'm not an avid Smasher. I'd even go so far as to say I may be a little over-obsessed with it. That's why I could offer up many-a valid and perhaps even passionate opinion in the discussions. I may not be able to trounce the pros in a match, but I can at least talk on the same level of expertise. I also think that since SMYN is about the giving the casual Smasher's point-of-view, I think I would be a great choice, as far as that goes. I can't use advanced techniques, but I can beat Level 9 computers and pass the 1-player modes on Very Hard. I also think that there's a good chance we would have chemistry, as I think you and SamuraiPanda seem to be pretty awesome guys, and we all seem to have the same sense of humor--sarcasm ftw!

Well, that's my plug. Please consider me!

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
As someone who disliked Gimpy's episode, Mic was a great entry and his humor helped this episode to be one of the best yet. I did not notice any awkward silences, and I applaud all of you for your efforts. All clocks!

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
As someone who disliked Gimpy's episode, Mic was a great entry and his humor helped this episode to be one of the best yet. I did not notice any awkward silences, and I applaud all of you for your efforts. All clocks!
Seriously? Gimpy's was one of my favorited, mostly because of the sarcasm on all three of their parts. And I did notice one or two awkward silences, but that was at the end.

Quintsy

Smash Cadet
As an Australian listener to the podcast I was very happy for there to be an Australian on the podcast sharing the common Australian humour. The podcast was great guys, one of the best I have heard, it was thorough, it was funny and it was all around excellent.

Good job as always keep up the hard work

P.S. Mic wasnt kidding, we do get screwed in release dates
Super Paper Mario : 6 months after US
Metroid Prime 3 : 2 Months after US
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn : Apparently somewhere around February 2008
Battalion Wars 2: Same as Fire Emblem
Super Mario Galaxy: Well 17 days after US isnt that bad

Sometimes I feel Nintendo thinks we dont exist

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Too busy with essays and balloon cars today. I'll be sure to get a listen in tomorrow...
I hope.

Any new words for me? =D

Edit: Jesus! I leave for 6 hours-ish and you people fill up 4 pages.

EDIT2:

Soooo Youko, are you ever gonna use my Mailtime question??
Youko doesn't like it when you call him out.

I can see a Mario Galaxy Mario stage like that Metriod stage Brinstar depth was it? Where there are no ledges just a rotation of running around. that can be a really good stage
Brinstar Depths was not a stage. It was an abomination.

Like I said, blame the internet! xD

2girls was just plain wrong. At first I just wanted to think it was peanut butter, but the truth isn't always nice.
If you thought 2girls was wrong, you haven't seen 1guymudpie.

Its about 2 hours long 0.o. If you have time, then you should reconsider moving, or getting a closer school.
LMFAO REALLY EH?

Top Bottom