• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah i forgot you mentioned SA2B. i'm with you Youko, it's one of the better sonic games out there. i remember spending tons and TONS of hours of my Junior High years playing either Melee or trying to make all those d*** chao evolve and such.

still, Ocarina/Twilight>every game ever made (until Brawl that is)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I am going to have to explain my view of you as a casual gamer. In last weeks episode, you and Samurai Panda were talking, and it was agreed he represented the hardcore, while you were said to represent the casual gamer, or as memory serves, "the more causal gamer", but this is where I announced you as a casual one. You can not blame me. ((My keyboard is sucking, I can not make apostrophes and therefor, no contractions for some reason or another.))

Moving on, You have spent about the same amount of time on SA2B as I have, I believe. Have you obtained the all powerful immortal chaos chao yet?

I am proud to have been a part of this podcast in the Mailtime, and even the episodes name I had suggested - while I did not take the time to see if anyone took the time to be as simple as I was with it.

Ah, I gotcha. Good call, my mistake.

I haven't - I really don't care all that much about the chaos. I've gotten the light world and the dark world, that's good enough for me. Although one of my prouder moments in that game is completing Wild Canyon in less than a minute. I can't remember the time exactly probably around 55-58 seconds.

You should be proud, it was a great question! :)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Ah, I gotcha. Good call, my mistake.

I haven't - I really don't care all that much about the chaos. I've gotten the light world and the dark world, that's good enough for me. Although one of my prouder moments in that game is completing Wild Canyon in less than a minute. I can't remember the time exactly probably around 55-58 seconds.

You should be proud, it was a great question! :)
Also, I had the great honor of being the first ever mail, which was nice. I now have bragging rights, thank you.

But I have one thing that irritated me just a little, where you said that we could not have too many characters. Now, the moment you said this, I had to think... "Mortal Kombat".

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Fair enough, I suppose. But who knows if Sakurai'll pull a fast one on us...:laugh:
Yeah their are only 2 Arwings left since Fox is on the field of battle and one (Assuming it's Slippy)

On a side note: I hate the dual analog stick thing on halo i can't control it. I pretty much use to Wii-mote Metriod 3
(I'm at 78% completion for those of you that are wondering)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Colb and Rokku your both wrong because: Lots of great and amazing games > Twilight princess > Chrono trigger.

Great episode this week... from what i have gathered. Who was doing the Brawl Viewpoint?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Time to go with the Review:

The Rundown

-Excite Bike: I really like this, definitely. It was pretty sweet. Same goes with Lakiku. And Tetris blocks=win. The L block is the best.

-Shielding and Dodging: THIS IS SMASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! The ZSS looks is neat, and it definitely is pretty neat.

-Fox's Final Smash: Sounds like 3 on a Metal Gear. *Snake charges at it* Yes, it needs to be Falco's, because he rocks! :)

-Lucas: YES! That was a great add. His eyes...lol. Pointing...hehe. The electric attack looks like a original attack, and looks neat. Ness SHOULD BE IN BRAWL. He's got a cult following bigger then Geno...ya, I said it. And Mother 3 isn't coming to NA, Europe, or anywhere outside of Asia. I disagree, there would simply be EarthBound fanbases. I find it kinda weak to consider Geno, when EarthBound has a just as big, if not bigger fanbase. I seriously doubt his removal, as much as I doubt Marth's and Falco's. Unless Sakurai is being a b***ard again (like with Goroh), and is favoring his favorite islands over the rest of the world (minority over majority), this is a BAD MOVE.

-Co-op/Team Adventure Mode: Ya, you can see Sakurai's influences. And ya, it is kinda like Sonic 2 (though Sonic 3 > Sonic 2). What...difficulty....that's dumb. Ridiculous, and wrong. And the map looks pretty neat. Good bits, but sorta of a disappointment.

-Shadow Moses Island: It looks great, and looks way better than MGS1 and Twin Snake's graphics, and it seems almost real. And if you're spotted...METAL GEAR! I wonder if Snake's Final Smash will be Arsenal, GEKKO, or....Metal GEar Kirby? That'd be...diffrent, to say the least. :laugh: And a Snake personal entrance sounds neat. "Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off." Snake is practicing his CQC, and is getting busy (like Big Boss at the ending of MGS3, minus getting pwned by Ocelot and EVA at the same time).

-Snake Joins Brawl: The sounds were so awsome. Made the Nintendo Space World 2006 Trailer's amusing chucking sounds of the attacks sound like crap. It sounds like the best fighting game ever. And that is the PERFECT ALTERNATE MUSIC MOVE. And that electric thing is from MGS2's opening. He needs that, and we need personal entrences to come back. Seriously. :)

Good work as always, but you could have covered Ness' fanbase size more.

8.7/10

Mailtime: OMG, a Blue's Clues Reference. :laugh: woaw, just woaw.

Youko to Halo 3: It is a great game. It is somewhat similar, but the game is amazing. Halo is totally awsome. HAHA, never saw that question coming. HAHA, Halo n00b. And Solid Snake > Master Chief, all day, any day. In fact, Solid Snake > GOD > Captain Falcon > Brucee Lee > Chuck Norris > Master Chief.

Youko's Favorite Wii game and favroite game of all-time: Melee, never saw that coming (jk). Twilight Princess...YES! Already beat it twice on the Wii, and once on the GCN. Best Zelda yet, best Wii game yet. It's actually my favorite game ever, outside of Melee. MP3 is a pretty close second, though. The music score, gameplay, graphics, that game just straight up comes together like Peanut Butter and Apricot Jelly! :) Red Steel, it was good, but it was a great game, but not exellent. Tenkaichi 2....NO! NO! stopped playing that at Tenkaichi 1. I can't stand that game, to be honest (or any of the other BZ games anymore for that matter. That comes from a DBZ fan as well). Strikers Charged...haven't played it. And I hear it has great online. Soninc and the Secret Rings...it kinda is weak.

Two Words for the best game ever (not including Melee): TWILIGHT PRINCESS Super Mario Bros 3 (what, I can change my mind at the last minute, right=??). Sonic Advanced 2: Battle....that was good, but best game ever? Better then TP? MM? WW? OOT? ALTTP? tLOZ? Super Metroid? SMB3? Super Mario World? Super Mario 64? Counter-Strike? Chrono Trigger? Metrid Primes 1-3? Hunters? NEW SMB? Goldeneye? Perfect Dark? Halos 1-3? Metal Gear Solid 2&3? FFVI? FFIV? FFVII? FFVIII? Pokémon Blue and Red Version? Pokémon Crystal? Well, I guess it is in your opioion. And Metroid Prime 1-3+Hunters ftw.

-If Youko were in charge of Super Smash Bros. Brawl (God knows how many clones I'd put in Brawl if I WERE IN CHARGE! :laugh:): Sonic...yes, seriously. Green Hillzone, yes. Shadow alternate costume, yes. Tingle NEEDS TO BE THE PUNCHING BAG! Ridley as a boss and PC=win. big and not so big (both) ftw. Wolf....he'd be a clone if I were in charge (and Fox, Falco, and Krystal would be in alredy, possibly with Falco as a clone). 50+ characters...you sound like me, and my clone idealogies. (except ya know, I'd put in 40+ characters; probably around 45 on up). 40 is the bare minimum IMO, not expecting anything else. Midna and Wolf Link...maybe (and keep Shiek, but give her nerf her). And I'd have cel-shaded Pokémon (because most of them look pathetic when not CS), and change crappy attacks with better ones. Chancey would work.

Online play...I'd make NO LAG! NO LAG! After character roster, that is the most important thing (tied with stages, actually). ALternate costumes...I'd have at least 6-8 minimum for each character, have a in depth story mode that makes the Zelda's, MGS's, and FF's of the world look like a crappy games in terms of story. Music...would make Star War's soundtrack weep in pain at it's awsomeness. In other words, Ridley's theme would be a average song. Ya I said it, average (and it's the best Brawl theme yet). Event Matches would be epic, and would have a story tie in if I did it. A story in all the story modes, that would grab you, strangle you, and pull you in forever and ever and ever. Ya, I'd pretty much **** you if I was making Brawl, and did all that. :laugh:

The flexy voice? LOL. just LOL.

Mailtime was neat, but it could've been better. Still, a neat add, and will be intresting to see how it develops.

9.2/10

Because Sariku's question was great. Talk about asking the right question.

Brawl Viewpoint from StarPhoneix (sorry if I mispelled your name):

Music...well, it should be pretty much orchestrated. Kid Icarus was kinda old and repetitve, but still kinda good. It needs to have many music scores. And obviously Sakurai is mindgaming us, and is saving it for his ultimate "End" that he's been talking us to about, and is leading us to his ultimate dream and goal: Outter Music Haven. The Custom Robo music sounds great. Woaw. Almost makes me want to play the game. If only I knew how to get it. That's epic, and shoiuld be in (like the Balloon Fight theme). :laugh: And Animal Crossing...that sounds great. It should be left somewat the same, and peaceful. F-Zero sounds great, is pretty awsome musically.

Metroid and Metroid Prime...is great music, but needs to be sythesized. It is too much rock and a bad mix of country. Ridley music...that was pretty sweet. I want to hear the MP3 opening. MP, or any music would be great. "It will makes children cry." Awsome line. It will, and it will be a classic. Great entry, and good job on that. Good to hear someone outside of the SWF (especially from a ever awsome EarthBound fanbase like StarMen.net).

8.2/10

Great job, and well done first entry. Good to hear a contrasting point, and from a diffrent point of view and source.

And we need Kirby music. FoD's theme is simply spectacular.

Overall Podcast Rating: 8.3/10

Maybe the lack of roundtable or something made it not as good as last time, but was well done, with things like the nice add of mailtime. 57 days in counting...9 week and 1 day left.

Youko's Roomate Quote of the week is the scariest thing since playing Super Metroid when you are 6, at 1 in the morning. Scary crap. And Kirby Master Chief for the win. "RAMPAGE!" "Killing Spree" "WOAW Shiz-nick!" *you never saw that coming*

:)

The Future Super Smash Bros. Brawl pwnage newcomer Ridley approves of Youko's podcast, and demands you listen. Otherwise, he'll either eat you, spit his flamethrower of death at you, claw you one for the kill, or kill you some otherway, grusomely, painfully, and slowly on you.

OBEY THE RIDLEY!

^ I'm going to start using that line again. :laugh:

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Nice as always, Youko!

But...Sonic Advanced 2: Battle...??? THATS your favorite game ever???

out of all these fantastic video games...Zelda..Pokemon...Halo...Final Fantasy...MARIO.......you pick THAT???

THAT was your favorite game of all time???

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, definitely Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Sonic is my homeboy, after all.

I'm surprised not that many people have "answered" the questions at the end of mailtime...

Would Mailtime have worked better with more than one person or is it just fine in concept the way it is? Please let me know!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i think it would be cool to have one other person try it out, but it should be someone different every week. it could work similarly to Show Yourself, but people ask the questions. maybe at the begining of the week you announce who will join you for mailtime so the rest of us know who we're asking the questions to

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
This episode was FULL of lulz.

It was my favourite episode humour-wise.
Youko just went to town with Sariku's question, and iGrunt is my hero =P.

-psst- use my bv.

Not much else to say except it was hilarious.

Also, me and Sariku were chatting, and we were saying that Youko and his roomate should have they're own segment, where they just argue for 7-10 minutes. That'd be hilarious.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So I'm gonna take a quote from Sariku here:

"Youko's Got MSN Now. Heck Yes."

Check the profile if you're interested and you wanna talk about all things SMYN!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I only play sonic 2 battle on the game cube to raise the chao to compete with my friends. We have tournaments for karate and racing

Isaac125

Smash Rookie
Great job!

awesome job on the podcast youko. i love the round table segments. this weeks edition was good as well.
its also a good way to pass time at work. thanks.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
SA2 Battle? i admit i spent a lot of time on that game back when i was a Sonic fan but... well it isnt really that great.

But Chao's were the best thing in that game... i wouldn't mind if they made an entire game dedicated to just Chao's XD

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hey guys, if you're a fan of SMYN, then do us a huge favor: http://digg.com/podcasts/Show_Me_Your_News

Digg it! The more Diggs it gets, the more people will be able to see it. Its a great way for an above-average podcast to get the attention it deserves.
People, don't forget to Digg the SMYN podcast. If you're a fan of this podcast and want to let other people out there hear about it, give it a digg!

Btw, thanks to the very, very few of you dedicated enough to digg it.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
SA2 Battle? i admit i spent a lot of time on that game back when i was a Sonic fan but... well it isnt really that great.

But Chao's were the best thing in that game... i wouldn't mind if they made an entire game dedicated to just Chao's XD
It was better than any of the games made after... who enjoyed Sonic Heroes?

OMG! Thanks for reminding me about Chaos! I actually loved them. Darn brother and him scratching my disc...

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
It was better than any of the games made after... who enjoyed Sonic Heroes?

OMG! Thanks for reminding me about Chaos! I actually loved them. Darn brother and him scratching my disc...
Actually, like deer, the plural form of Chao is, well, Chao. Reason for this is grammatically correct, as well as the fact adding the 's' makes a completely different word. Chaos!

And BTW, if Sonic gets in, Chaos for Boss.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Actually, like deer, the plural form of Chao is, well, Chao. Reason for this is grammatically correct, as well as the fact adding the 's' makes a completely different word. Chaos!

And BTW, if Sonic gets in, Chaos for Boss.
I swear I heard someone say "the chaos" on Adventure... referring to the plural of chao. But, whatever.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
People, don't forget to Digg the SMYN podcast. If you're a fan of this podcast and want to let other people out there hear about it, give it a digg!

Btw, thanks to the very, very few of you dedicated enough to digg it.
i would man...if i didn't have to sign up to do it. sorry, but i don't like the fact of being a member of a site when i know i'm not going to use it at all

but if at all possible, add a digg for me!

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
Sorry I did not get to listen to the podcast earlier school, work, and many other things prevented my listening to it. Anyways the only complaint I have is the lack of roundtable but just like me your personal life or samurais personal life could have prevented that so it is fine. My favorite thing was of course you used my questions thanks a lot I like the awnser. Sonic adventure 2 is a weird choice though since many people I know did not like it. Keep up the good work.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wow, three music updates [if you count the two Japanese songs] and Kirby's Final Smash!

Does this leave just Mario Circuit and crawling from the trailers now?

I believe so, unless *crosses fingers* we get some new video goodies on Thursday as a result of Wednesday's Nintendo press conference.

Or at least some video SOMEWHERE, a gameplay demo video would just be too unreal. Cuz we're talking heading in the two-month stretch now, and probably less than that in Japan! At least there's E for All as well within the next couple weeks for that to happen...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wouldn't the ' in Chao's separate it from Chaos?

Anyways hopefully some nice trailers soon as well... we need it.

Sariku

Smash Master
I believe so, unless *crosses fingers* we get some new video goodies on Thursday as a result of Wednesday's Nintendo press conference.

Or at least some video SOMEWHERE, a gameplay demo video would just be too unreal. Cuz we're talking heading in the two-month stretch now, and probably less than that in Japan! At least there's E for All as well within the next couple weeks for that to happen...
Aww, I was gonna point out to Youko we got two songs, kinda >.< But someone else already told him. Oh well, I'm still gonna try.

Remember, we got one Final Smash, and two music updates. Only one of the updates appeared on the American Site though. The other was on the japanese. Why do you think that Youko?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Only one of the updates appeared on the American Site though. The other was on the japanese. Why do you think that Youko?
In place of Youko, I'll answer that question. The song on the Japanese site is a remake of the original tune in the "game" recently released in Japan called "Talking! DS Cooking Navi" (which I personally bought while in Japan). Basically, a cookbook that talks to you and responds to your voice. Also, Sakurai said, on the Japanese site, that the song was unrelated to the Final Smash directly, although obviously they are both relating to cooking.

Here is a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLeT2WWSHM

Since I dont have sound, I can't tell if this is one of the commercials where they play the song that was remixed.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Thanks, SP. Although I was well aware of the other song, it's best that Japanese-related questions to the boards' main man on those kinds of issues.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So I now have a Youtube account specifically for Smash and SMYN-related tidbits. I won't be posting episodes there - it's just way too long. This is more like for smaller things, and for what the future might hold in store for it.

I've right now put up a few videos "if you ever wanted to see Youko play Melee," but be wary, I've never ever said I was good, even by SWF standards. I'm average, so there, but it's still decent stuff at pretty good quality for being VCR-captured. That said, it has been a few months since the videos were taken, and I have gotten better in the meanwhile, but you can expect to see future Melee matches and online Brawl matches up there in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SMYNYouko

Sariku

Smash Master
So I now have a Youtube account specifically for Smash and SMYN-related tidbits. I won't be posting episodes there - it's just way too long. This is more like for smaller things, and for what the future might hold in store for it.

I've right now put up a few videos "if you ever wanted to see Youko play Melee," but be wary, I've never ever said I was good, even by SWF standards. I'm average, so there, but it's still decent stuff at pretty good quality for being VCR-captured. That said, it has been a few months since the videos were taken, and I have gotten better in the meanwhile, but you can expect to see future Melee matches and online Brawl matches up there in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SMYNYouko
I got an account too, xD. But Youko's more popular, and it's his thread. So subscribe to him, xDDD.

Either or, can't wait for Roundtable dude.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Here is one of the commercials with the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7qICgmZGeM&mode=related&search=

Also, on the topic of youtube videos, here is one of my matches from the tournament that Youko and I met at (my tag says Bear by accident, I forgot to turn off the last guy's tag):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

While I'm not very good at Melee, I understand the Pro game very well. Kinda like how an announcer for a sport doesn't necessarily have to be good at it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
While I'm not very good at Melee, I understand the Pro game very well. Kinda like how an announcer for a sport doesn't necessarily have to be good at it.

I definitely agree with and use that statement for myself. But SP has a solid Ganon though, in my opinion, no doubt about that.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I used to be the same way. I could speak volumes about Melee, but I wasn't really a great smasher yet, but once I found out more people in my area played, I started hosting a tournament series (Enter The Fray!) and have gotten alot more experience, and have improved drastically. I'm no Jiano(my idol), but I'd say I have a halfway decent CF. The truth to the matter, is you can only ever be as good as whoever you're playing. A smasher can't flourish unless he/she gets their behinds handed to them on a silver platter a tournament, and really gets some opposition that thinks at a higher level of play. Me and my best friend (Aaryk on the boards), met at my first tournament, back when I had seen this site once but lost interest, and was generally naive to the way the game had evolved. I beat him in the closest match of my life, I'd never seen marth played like that, and he took me in two, then i came back winning three straight with my falco, and now me and him play all the time, and we keep getting better.

I think if the viewpoint section continues, I want to write one about how online will bring the smash community together not just in terms of being able to play, but allowing people who just KNOW smash, to get a chance to be able to develope, and really PLAY smash. I've been itching to conrtibute, but haven't been able to get my mic working, so would it be okay if I wrote one? I remember from one of the season 1 podcasts hearing that we could email you our viewpoints..

Post#1000 lol.

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, the Youtube account... good times, man! But some bad matches... I didn't even wavedash/land!

I wasn't too great either then, and have only gotten a little better, not as much as Youko - so I'd probably get my butt handed to me consistently now. Since I have no one to play against here, I'm stalling right now.... need online Brawl and some good advice....

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hey everyone, please check the news section for an important news brief regarding if you can help with E for All coverage!

I'm very, very excited about this news, but the podcast could use someone to cover the show for us!!

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, please check the news section for an important news brief regarding if you can help with E for All coverage!

I'm very, very excited about this news, but the podcast could use someone to cover the show for us!!
As weird as this sounds, Youko, please don't get your hopes up. After all, we've been let down on so many promised press converences and releases. Although I kind of have faith in this one. The site says that the lineup might change, and I think they could have advertised for E for All just because they say Brawl is there; that'd be stupid but likely.

If there is indeed a playable Smash apearing on the converance I think it will be the end of the daily Brawl updates. Crawling, grabbing, Special Moves.. We'll know it all. I am neccesarily not saying characters, since it'd be stupid to add all of the characters to a demo.
They'll probably only give us all we know of right no, so no new characters but Zamus, Pit Wario etc. and ofcourse no menu or other options to "check".

And again, if theres a Brawl playable Im so very very exited. If I diddn't live in the Netherlands I'd probably be packing right about now, with my Cube controller aswell!

(Excuse my spelling, please.)

Top Bottom