• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
you know what? Just because Punch-out!! and the Conduit came out, (conduit soon to be) I'm going to say, Nintendo E3 will be not as bad as we think.

(now everyone go watch E3 and watch me put my foot in my mouth)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Okay. The latest trailer for TMNT Smash-Up came out and they have gameplay footage in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heyQRsAYWAk

Something that immediately stood out was the fact that the gameplay graphics look horrible even for a Wii game. Especially when compared with Brawl. Most of the stages seemed really gimmiky although I'm going to assume that there will be some normal ones. Hopefully an item switch will be available as well.

And if you didn't say "I fight for my friends" during the opening, you aren't really a smash fan.
New bets: How long do you think it will be for someone to make that "I fight for my friends" edit?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
They should announce a Wii Mario Paint. C'mon. Don't let me down. I'm SETTLING hoping for a ****ing painting game. That's how far you've fallen Nintendo.
How would you be settling for a painting game? Can you imagine the fervor if Nintendo re-announced, or even showed, Bob Ross Painting?

Also, if Nintendo showed the new No More Heroes 2 trailer, I'd be excited.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
OMG! Nintendo is the dumbest company out there for not showing that trailer at E3. No More Heroes looks amazing! Imagine if they had that trailer playing in contrast to the Spirit Tracks trailer of last year.

As for the actual game, I hope that the "bike driving from place to place" thing is gone or more interesting. Glad the recharging beam katana is still in and duel wielding Travis ftw! Darth Mual wears glasses and the ending of the trailer was hilarious. Too cool!

Exia 00

Smash Champion
The whole BS family crap is part of the Wii's image. I really can't ever see them dropping it lol. I refuse to buy anymore Wii games... unless a new smash is announced... ? :D lol jkjk

New MGS on PS3 and PSP+ God of War 3, FFXII, KoFXII, Tekken 6 and 913761032603086 other games! I'm hyped for Sony's conference. Microsoft will have an... average conference I think. Halo 3: ODST will be cool though.

There are now Wii games I look forward to... not even this new Zelda they speak of...

:023:

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
Well according to a recent kotaku article, http://kotaku.com/5273326/report-new-mario-game-online-wii-fit-plus-for-2009 , the new Wii Fit Plus will be online. How do you guys think that this will effect nintendo's online strategy? Do you think they ill streamline it/improve it to make it more convenient for the casual gamer? Oh and does anyone else think that a new mario is a little rushed? Then again, it may be Mario Galaxy 2 so they have some assets.

Edit: and why does every random person who disagree's with nintendo invigorating the video game market with new gamers have to criticize them endlessly. If you want to miss out on some great ninty games that apparently dont appeal to you, fine. The argument has been heard too many times (referring to the post above).

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Well according to a recent kotaku article, http://kotaku.com/5273326/report-new-mario-game-online-wii-fit-plus-for-2009 , the new Wii Fit Plus will be online. How do you guys think that this will effect nintendo's online strategy? Do you think they ill streamline it/improve it to make it more convenient for the casual gamer? Oh and does anyone else think that a new mario is a little rushed? Then again, it may be Mario Galaxy 2 so they have some assets.

Edit: and why does every random person who disagree's with nintendo invigorating the video game market with new gamers have to criticize them endlessly. If you want to miss out on some great ninty games that apparently dont appeal to you, fine. The argument has been heard too many times (referring to the post above).
Listen. I like Nintendo... I don't want to buy their new games cause they don't appeal to me. Obviously their method works but it's obviously not to introduce gaming to new people.... it's about taking money from new people. (IMO don't hate)
Wow, my opinion is always attacked lol
A great Ninty game has almost become an oxymoron. Just look through a list of all Wii titles and read their reviews. New gamers is a good thing. Ruining what used to be for core gamers is a no no :( That's My biggest gripe about their change.

No offense man but you need to relax. I'm sure you will hear the argument until Nintendo makes a real console XD jkjk <3

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Both of you are a little too far on to each side of the spectrum. Yankee, you've got to admit that the hardcore audience has been severely neglected by Nintendo due to a lack of kickass first-party games. First-party games are just that much better than everything else, and we haven't got anything to look forward to. It's not just that they are reaching out to casuals. They just aren't reaching out to us.

And Exia, you can't count them out completely. Now that Sony is picking up speed and the Wii is slowing down, they'll have to look back at what made them great to begin with. Although it isn't first-party, I'd say No More Heroes 2 is a great start to it. I have less to say to you since I'm closer to your side of the spectrum, but you might be taking things too far.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Both of you are a little too far on to each side of the spectrum. Yankee, you've got to admit that the hardcore audience has been severely neglected by Nintendo due to a lack of kickass first-party games. First-party games are just that much better than everything else, and we haven't got anything to look forward to. It's not just that they are reaching out to casuals. They just aren't reaching out to us.

And Exia, you can't count them out completely. Now that Sony is picking up speed and the Wii is slowing down, they'll have to look back at what made them great to begin with. Although it isn't first-party, I'd say No More Heroes 2 is a great start to it. I have less to say to you since I'm closer to your side of the spectrum, but you might be taking things too far.
It's possible XD

I'm trying to think of a good E3 question that isn't as generic as "What are you looking forward to at this years E3 ?" (BTW, I don't know if someone has asked this question. Sorry if this offends anyone :()

Edit: I got one :colorful: Now that the final version of Wii motion Plus is complete, do you think developers will make more unnecessary attempts at using motion sensitivity or will the accuracy make them realize some controls don't work ?

If two questions are cool with Captain Youko and Solid Panda :colorful: Also, do you think Wii motion plus will affect games like the new Zelda and Mario coming out or Nintendo know when to draw the line ?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Ultimate E3 question:
If they were to announce a new Ice Climber game that actually looks good, what would you think?
Things like "it'll never happen" and "it won't happen because Ice Climber will never be good" are not acceptable answers.

Revven

FrankerZ

It's because they keep coming out with casual games more than they do hardcore games. Look at the ratio, it's practically 2:1 or 3:1, casual being the 2 or 3. It's sad, Nintendo has gone from the great hardcore game maker, to a form of shovelware maker (except their shovelware is "polished"). I like SOME of Nintendo's casual games but, not Wii Fit, not Wii Play, not Wii Music. JUST Wii Sports and soon Wii Sports Resort. They're milking it and they have the right to but, it hurts us a lot more than it helps them financially.

And wow, I knew it, a NEW Wii Fit. What. The. ****. I hope to God that Mario title is something GOOD, not Mario Party 9... I swear to ****ing God if it is MP9, I will just **** my pants and not buy anything Nintendo related this year. I would seriously say "**** you!" to Nintendo this year if the announcement of the Mario title at E3 is MP9.

Edit: BTW, is the Episode today? I assume it should be today... >_>;

Yankee

Smash Apprentice

I didn't say that the argument was invalid, I can easily see where people are coming from and even agree to some extent. My edit was merely referring to the fact that whenever something regarding nintendo is brought up on a forum anywhere (whether it be kotaku, ign, 1up, ect.), there is always someone interjecting this argument into the thread. Isn't it starting to get overplayed by now? Personally though, I am content with the wii's lineup so far this year as far as third party exclusives. I have nothing against sony, I'm just not a fan of thier ip's.

So what do you guys think of these first party games showing up and their odds?

Mario (pretty much confirmed)
Zelda Wii
Starfox (possibly retro's game?)
Kid Icarus (lol)
Pikmin 3 (no way its not there)
Kirby (the infamous console game)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I don't think we'll have the episode be live, as our schedules are all thrown off from Chicago and there's a Red Wings game today. So, honestly, we don't know at what time we'll be recording. However, it's my goal to have the mini-episode up online and on Youtube late tonight.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
What do you want from Nintendo?

What do you expect from Nintendo?

Two completely different questions lol.

Also, what do you expect out of Kojima Productions this E3? It seems like a new MGS:pO is pretty much confirmed thanks to the PSP Go! leaked video. Or how about MGS5? Maybe even MGS4 on 360?

OMFG MS press conference is less than 24 hours.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
I'm really just looking forward to third party stuff. I mean look at what coming out!
The Conduit
No More Heroes 2
The Grinder
Madworld just came out

sheesh othe people are doing more for Nintendo than Nintendo is.

EDIT: actually, I think I'll make a question for the episode.

What are you're guy's opinions on The Grinder? (if you've seen trailers for it)

Darkurai

Smash Master
I actually wouldn't mind a Mario Party if and only if we got a real Mario game along with it. I still like Mario Party, but I WANT A NEW MARIO GAME D:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Xbox just moved up its briefing start to 10:25 am tomorrow due to a very special last-minute surprise.
From Geoff Keighley's Twitter.

Five minutes huh? Just enough time for a trailer. A trailer for a new...

[snakevoice] METAL GEAR?!? [snakevoice]

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Yay, Geoff Keighley!

I'm almost expecting that to be more Dead Rising 2, or something from Capcom, because of the whole Swine Flew shenanigans.

Also, Guitar Hero 5 artist list. Discuss.

Also, how would everyone feel about hijacking the SMYN Stickam chat and using it for an E3 discussion during the press conferences?

Also, hopefully one more before recording starts! Do you guys think MAG is really just a fairy tale?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Also, how would everyone feel about hijacking the SMYN Stickam chat and using it for an E3 discussion during the press conferences?
I can go live for you guys during the conferences, but I won't be there, as we'll be watching the conferences ourselves in our living room. Afterwards, however, I plan on recording vlogs to put on Youtube (my immediate post-conference reactions), so you should stick around on Stickam for those.

...Hoping to get Panda to record soon...

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll have the episode be live, as our schedules are all thrown off from Chicago and there's a Red Wings game today. So, honestly, we don't know at what time we'll be recording. However, it's my goal to have the mini-episode up online and on Youtube late tonight.
What I meant was to have people there just for E3, if the episode was live that would be awesome, I just meant it so we could chat about E3 while it was happening. If people just opened up and went to the IRC while they are watching press conferences.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
OUR PRE-E3 COVERAGE IS COMPLETE!

Just in time for you to listen to it before Microsoft's conference in a couple hours! The episode is 98:41 long and covers your questions!

Download here: http://smyn.smashnexus.net/podcast/SMYN49_part1.mp3

A Youtube version, uploaded in parts, is being worked on and will be up soon.

Also, from Chicago, the singles grand finals commentary from your favorite podcast hosts!

Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKvSjqujOUw
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqwMUh8ylxg
Game 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_HpvURUPiY
Game 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF2NCvMDt1M
Game 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU0j51fREmM

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
25 mins till Microsoft's Conference

Can't wait to see what they have.

============================================
*After Conference*

It's gonna be hard to top Microsoft's Conference

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Mad hype, y'all!

Also, is anyone else having trouble getting the new episode onto their iPods? I've tried putting it in through iTunes, and that didn't work and then through Winamp, and it won't play through that.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wow, really? How peculiar.

I'll have to investigate what's wrong with it after the conference. It's up in parts on my Youtube channel, anyway.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
The weird thing is that it will play through iTunes, but not through Winamp or on my iPod, independent of what I add it with.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
My Microsoft E3 initial impressions...

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxkgOmkywSw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxkgOmkywSw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

I've taken down the DL link for episode 49 part 1. It will be about two hours before I can put up a new one. In the meanwhile, you can hear it on my Youtube channel if you really can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTX9Fw8sUL8

Revven

FrankerZ
Man, I can't believe I wasted about 2 and a half hours watching MS's press conference just to see a CAMERA that is basically an improved Eye Toy... The Milo thing was cool but everything else...? Looked like one of those "hey let's create this peripheral and attach some funny mini-games to it!" sorta package. I honestly don't see them using it for any of their serious games... and if they do, it'll be an option.

Everything else was like bascially a big expected out of 10. Their entire show was basically FPS after FPS after FPS.... OOH an RPG! Oh! OH! MGS! YAYYYY! And then it subsides and you want to go ask yourself why you watched it and wasted good time when you could've been playing something on your DS or studying for something and checking back on what happened with it, only caring about MGS and FF13...

I seriously hope Nintendo's or Sony's are better than this, because if not... God dammit...

Moozle

Smash Champion
Good job commentating Youko and Panda:) I saw you guys there but you don't know me so I didn't say hi lol. Also great job on the newest episode!

Top Bottom